Are christians justified by faith only?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is it true that people can misunderstand one another over the internet . YOU bet it is .
GO back and reread me and that peter guys posts .
But then notice something . I asked him what he thought about that stuff .
HE ANSWERED , he then re stated his question about what he had said .
IT GOT CLEARED UP FAST .
SO , ASK ME any question you like . Dont just despise me cause you dont like warnings .
You ask me what i believe . I will do the same for you . THIS Way it can get cleared up fast .
SO i will go ahead and ask you a question and you answer it .
DO YOU believe that muslims , hindus , buddists unbelieving jews follow GOD or satan .
Now its a real simple answer if you know JESUS . its not JUDGING , its just honest .
Go ahead answer that question my friend .
If you asked muslims , hindus, buddists [sic] unbelieving jews if they follow satan, here is what they would answer: absolutely not. Why? Because they don't! See you think that everyone who isn't your brand of Christian is a follower of Satan.

John 3:16 clearly says that God loves the world, the exact opposite of your chronic judgmental rant against everyone who isn't exactly like you.

Reactions: JosephZ

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The mind works on words....point of reference. I will meet you at he church.....you go to the Baptist and I go to Lutheran church....because we did not use a reference.

Bill says to Bob as they are walking to Damascus.....Heaven is open to everybody! Bob asks who told you that? Bill says Gary.
Back then they were looking at the Apostles....by name for the true Gospels.

There is a difference between names and references and bragging.

Despise! Lighten up. I am trying to understand you.

Only one "true religion" that saves. In the Old Testament they refered some as false gods and some as demons. Allah is Satan...some maybe false gods.
Allah is not Satan!!! Allah is the Arabic name for God. Arabic Christians worship the one true God and refer to Him as Allah. Are you as bigoted as @amigo or just deluded?

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Explain how you apply Christianity to your life.....ya know generally?
I just live for the glorious Lord . And meet with a few other lambs as well .
We do nice bible reads .
Once a week or so i go to the park to read the bible . Another couple of brethren are in the UK
and we do a bible read . One of them rides around on a mobile scooter
as i read the bible and plays in on the speaker so others in the UK can hear it .
Also i write letters sometimes . And a couple also hands them out to churches or people .
Its been nice and peaceful . Also we are planning to do audio over the internet
so that the message can go farther .
Its nice and peaceful . Everyone just loves the truth in the scriptures .
no one bickers , argues . We just love the truth as it is written in the scriptures .
Prayers together . Sometimes we get to do communions too .
The churches have no idea what they have lost . Worse many dont even know they are still lost .
Been trying to work on another letter as well
that is really going to explain what happened. How all this false stuff got into the churches .
Who was behind it and exactly where its leading folks to .
None of us bickers or tries to make void anything JESUS said . WE just believe if JESUS said to do , we do .
No arguments over remarriage , or anything at all . Its really peaceful .
Many do not realize how they snuck this in little by little . IT was well planned out .
The dragon truly uses and used lustful men to get his agenda done .
The lambs are so few these days . Not all the churches are at the same level . Some have been at it longer
and thus they have really waxed bad .
SEE the way they snuck it in was to slowly chip away at any kind of doctrines
that would divide . They had found a common ground way in . BUT they didnt start out
just saying Hey there is no need to believe on CHRIST or said HEY every religoion serves the same GOD .
NO . They break it down little by little . They chip away at more and more doctrine which
would cause any kind of barrier or wall , and they focus and focused more and more on this love stuff .
As it gets more and more into a church , that church does get worse and worse over time .
NOW they made and make it seem so loving , so good , but they KNEW what they were doing .
It took roughly twenty five to thirty years to really get this done .
Now it aint new , but now it has manifested huge .
You see the reason why most folks dont recognize it , is cause most churches have long ago
already quit preaching on things that might offend or divide . SO everyone in the churches
have been hearing messages on nothing but a love and good works .
And thus everyone in the church thinks WOW our church is having no problems , we dont have false teachers
we focus on love and good works and pretty much all get along .
BUT mark my words . TRY bringing in doctrines that even paul and the apostles once preached
AND SEE what happens .
Actually i challenge us all . Go visist about ten churches in your area .
More than likely you will see how they all get along , how they DO focus on doing good
BUT what you wont see nor hear is ANY KIND of doctrine that might offend .
And you sure wont see grave preachers at all . You also wont hear or see
certain parts of the letters read at all anymore . YOU KNOW like anything that mentions HOMOSEXUALITY IS SIN .
cause no that offends and we are here to love is the motto . You wont hear other doctrines either .
You wont hear any kinds of dire warnings about sin . You wont hear any reminders
about correcting folks in the church about sin . And you and i both know
our churches are not better than the early churches were . THEY had folks within who were in sin and error .
ITS NOT LIKE WE DONT . But here is what you will also see .
After the sermon , ask questions . AND ask questions about how is sin or error dealt with if its seen in the church .
YOU WATCH what they say . OH we dont judge , we are just here to love .
And if you manage to even remind them do you ever read letters where paul was warning
the church about who would not inherit the kingdom . WATCH their answer .
AND If you are bold enough read it yourself . Just say , HEY my loving friends
i just want to read this one part in a chapter to you all . THEN read what paul wrote in romans one
or read what he wrote about fornication , about how if a brother or sister is such a one not to eat
BUT MARVEL NOT when they call you a hater . THEY have no idea , because they sat in these kinds of churches
for so long . YOU see the big problem really arose through SEEKER friendly .
NOW that is why you dont see nor hear pastors talk about sin or error .
Now i didnt say all churches are like this . But i do challenge you to go to the ten largest churches in your area .
OR heck just go to ten churches and you see for yourself . Some of them are farther along as well .
Heck they have no bones telling you the bible might be a good book but its outdated
or etc . THEY have no problems saying things like GOD is love , homosexuality is love , other religoins
serve the same GOD we do and its all about LOVE . Those are farther along than others .
BUT the common ground thing you will see in all of them is , THEY DONT remind the church at all
about sins and you wont hear them even dare read lots of parts IN THE NEW test
that are more grave . What you WILL hear is , GOD IS LOVE , JUST GET ALONG , FIND COMMON GROUND
we are bridge builders . Now you will also see a lot of good works in the sense they are GOOD
about helping the poor , doing out reach FOOD minstiries or clothes .
Again at that point i challenge you to volunteer for their outreach ministiries .
BUT WHEN YOU DO , DONT EXPECT them to say NOW WE ALSO PREACH JESUS as the only way to be saved .
TRUTH IS , they often shut anyone down who even does try and reach the poor with The gospel .
Now , is that not madness or what .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Allah is not Satan!!! Allah is the Arabic name for God. Arabic Christians worship the one true God and refer to Him as Allah. Are you as bigoted as @amigo or just deluded?
Jim is part right . ALLAH is the arabic name for GOD . But the muslim version , who they call ALLAH . IS SATAN JIM .
they are not worshipping the same GOD we do jim .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you asked muslims , hindus, buddists [sic] unbelieving jews if they follow satan, here is what they would answer: absolutely not. Why? Because they don't! See you think that everyone who isn't your brand of Christian is a follower of Satan.

John 3:16 clearly says that God loves the world, the exact opposite of your chronic judgmental rant against everyone who isn't exactly like you.
Jim i have spoke to a few muslims , a few buddist , never a hindu as of yet .
And believe me they do not worship the same GOD we do .
The devout ones have no problem telling you , that they do believe in jesus
but NOT our JESUS , that our JESUS was a fabrication of the RCC . THAT GOD had no son
that JESUS is not the CHRIST . NOw they say he is a prophet . NOT THE CHRIST .
Your an educated man and you are gonna try and play like you dont know these things .
And as far as satan . HEY JIM i got bad news , WE ALL ONCE SERVED SATAN
EVERYONE HAS .
THERE is only ONE WAY to be set free from the power of darkness and of satan .
AND JESUS TOLD IT TO PAUL and he , as in paul , TOLD IT back to KING AGGRIPA .
ITS JESUS JIM . HE ALONE is the only one who can set them or anyone free from Satan .
JESUS didnt lie to the jews that did not believe on HIM .
THEY were TELLING HIM , JESUS , GOD IS OUR FATHER . WE WORSHIP GOD .
You might want to read what JESUS TOLD THEM . NOW this was the JEWS who didnt believe
SO if the JEWS dont get a pass , THE MUSLIMS who are gentiles , nor any man will get a pass .
HE TOLD THEM , YOU DO NOT HAVE THE LOVE OF GOD IN YOU .
JIM , why do you THINK JESUS told them that . CAUSE THEY DIDNT BELIEVE HE WAS THE CHRIST .
HE even tells them IF YE LOVED GOD you would have LOVED ME .
HE keeps going too . HE tells them about HOW THEY DONT EVEN HEED MOSES who they claim to BELEIVE ON
FOR HAD YE BELIEVED MOSES YE WOULD have beleived me . SO GUESS what jim
IT dont matter if the muslims cliam to follow torah . THEY DONT KNOW GOD , just like the unbelieving jews DID NOT .
And if JESUS told the unbelieving jews YE ARE OF YOUR FATHER THE DEVIL
guess who the father of the muslims is , THE DEVIL JIM .
JUST cause a jew or a gentile might read torah and claim to adhere to the teachings of moses
or the prophets , DONT MEAN THEY DO JIM .
JESUS PROVED THAT to the jews as well . ITS HIGH time you flee the all inclusive progressive social gospel .
IT wont save one soul and its keeping your mind in the dark and clouded .
NOW as for me , YEAH I AM GONNA PREACH the one true gospel . THERE IS but ONE WAY TO GOD
and you wont find it through them other false relgions or any other false god . ITS ONLY IN CHRIST .
SO jim i have an idea . Before you pull out the race card on me , AgAIN , TRY reading the bible for yourself .

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I do that constantly, but all you do is continue to write judgmental rants against everyone, including other Christians! You Think the Bible teaches what you rant, but IT actually says the opposite. GOD IS LOVE!
Yes God is Love.
The LGBTQ community teaches the same thing in their churches.
Don't confuse what "God's Love" actually is.

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In our modern times the most common answer to the question "what must I do to be saved" is...
Response: "You do not have to do anything, Jesus paid it all on the cross"
And: "If you try to do something to be saved, you are not fully trusting in Jesus but your works"

Is this "modern gospel" really what the Bible teaches? Is this the gospel Jesus and his apostles proclaimed? A gospel of belief alone without any obedient works to Gods new testament commandments?

True story a young man came up to a preacher and asked: "What must I do to go to heaven"?
The preacher responded: "You don't have to do anything, Jesus paid it all at calvary"

This is the common "gospel" now taught by the majority in so called "Christian churches" today.

Did Jesus really pay it all for us?
Answer: Yes He sure did!!!

The mistake in this false gospel message is this,
This is a misunderstanding between what Jesus paid for us to be saved which we could never contribute to.The blood of Christ is not made anymore powerful by what I do.
I cannot be saved without the blood of Christ.
But I cannot contact or gain access to the blood of Christ if I do not  do what is required of me by doing=obeying what Jesus commanded in His gospel.

Now let the scripture show this teaching is gospel teaching and not the doctrines of men,

Acts 2:37,
- Now when they heard this they were cut to the heart and said to Peter, and the rest of the apostles,
Men and brethren what shall we do.

Now Peter preaches the gospel of Christ to them instructing them how to obey/do the gospel to gain access to the cleansing blood of Christ.

Acts 2:38,
- Then Peter said to them  Repent and let everyone of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ  for the forgiveness of your sins and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit

Notice when the Jews on pentecost asked Peter what shall we do for murdering our Messiah on a Roman cross? Peter did not say, "You do not have to do anything Jesus paid it all at Calvary"

The Bible gospel sermon to that question is,
Believe which they did already in verse 37.
Then Peter answered them by commanding, "Repent and be water baptized for the forgiveness of your sins and then you shall recieve the gift of the Holy Spirit"

Big difference between the true gospel taught from Jesus' chosen apostles and what false teachers are teaching today

Notice all throughout the conversions to Christ what was said,

Acts 9:6,
- So Paul trembling and astonished said, Lord, what do you want me to  do
Jesus did not answer: "There is nothing you can do just believe alone"

Acts 16:30,
- And he brought them out and said, Sirs what must I do to be saved

Its important to understand that even Believing in Jesus is doing something
If I hear the gospel and my mind does not change from unbelief to belief I've done nothing
But if I change my mind and become a believer I have done something

Paul's answer to the Philippian Jailer was not, "What? You cannot do anything, Jesus paid it all and you can do nothing"

Instead Paul, preached the gospel to him on what he must do,
Acts 16:30-31,32
- So they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved, you and your household,
Then they spoke the word of the Lord to him(The gospel that Peter preached in Acts 2:38)

Verse 33 - and he took them the same hour of the night and washed their stripes And immediately he and his household were baptized

Exactly what Peter preached Paul preached the same gospel, Jesus' gospel
Mark 16:15-16,
- and Jesus said unto them,
- Go into all the world and preach the  gospel to every creature,
he who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned

This is what the doing/obeying of Jesus' gospel.
These are the requirements, prerequisites to contacting the blood of Christ.
God has conditions in His gospel that must be met in order for Jesus' shed blood on the cross to be applied to us.

But some say the latter verse does not include baptism only not believing to be condemned.

Jesus taught you must have both to be saved,
Believe and be baptized.

Therefore no one can be saved by water baptism if he does not have faith in Jesus and His gospel.
John 3:18,
- He who believes in Him is not condemned but he who does not believe is condemned already because he has not believed in the only begotten Son of God

Last edited:

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Well if they don't mention Jesus Christ as their saviour are they Christian?

• Love

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes God is Love.
The LGBTQ community teaches the same thing in their churches.
Don't confuse what "God's Love" actually is.
Oh yes my friend . You see many know not THE LOVE that cometh of GOD
and rather they sit under the sensual love that cometh of the world . THOSE TWO LOVES , YEAH THEY DONT MIX .
ONE IS FALSE the OTHER IS TRUE . THE LOVE OF GOD IS TRUE , the sensual love of the world be false .
YET more and more can no longer discern this . FOr many embrace sins , call evil good and good evil
and yet THINK they have the LOVE that cometh of GOD .
YET CHARITY DONT rejoice in inquity , IT REJOICES IN THE TRUTH .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well if they don't mention Jesus Christ as their saviour are they Christian?
They dont recognize him AS THE CHRIST as THE SAVOIR .
Now what do you suppose john would have said about that .
for that answer i invite you to read the first letter of john chapter two verse twenty and two .
A HINT . NOPE THEY AINT SAVED nor are they christain . JOHN had another name for those who denied
JESUS as the CHRIST . now christ was in that name but it has a first name before it .
YOU GO and read it . a hint ANTI .

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The devout ones have no problem telling you , that they do believe in jesus
True, they may believe he walked the earth, just another historical figure, but they don't believe what Jesus did on the cross.

I know a few "new age people", same story....they say they believe Jesus walked the earth, but they reject that He was the Son of God.

• Love

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
True, they may believe he walked the earth, just another historical figure, but they don't believe what Jesus did on the cross. I know a few "new age people", same story....they say they believe Jesus walked the earth, but they reject that He was the Son of God.
Triumph , read the whole thing . YEP you are correct they dont believe what JESUS DID , nor that HE is the CHRIST .
THUS , its all bad news . we cannot follow another jesus , we cannot follow another gospel .
THANK YOU MY FRIEND . KEEP POINTING TO CHRIST and let us never offer the world false hope .
Just point to Christ the glorious KING .

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The churches have no idea what they have lost . Worse many dont even know they are still lost .
I go to a lot of different churches, a lot of different denominations and worship with Christians that love God.
There for a while I would go to a different church every Sunday.
When I was on the east coast I had an opportunity to go to a lot churches.
A lot of these churches don't have it exactly right.....and most of it has to do with man-made sins and believe in some popular false beliefs
But most teach the scriptures to a point that most are saved.
What do you think they preach that would prevent most from being saved?

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i just want to read this one part in a chapter to you all . THEN read what paul wrote in romans one
or read what he wrote about fornication ,
If you have a Bible that uses the word fornication, you need to get a different Bible.
The word fornication and its definition is not biblical and it skews what was going on during that time period.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I go to a lot of different churches, a lot of different denominations and worship with Christians that love God.
There for a while I would go to a different church every Sunday.
When I was on the east coast I had an opportunity to go to a lot churches.
A lot of these churches don't have it exactly right.....and most of it has to do with man-made sins and believe in some popular false beliefs
But most teach the scriptures to a point that most are saved.
What do you think they preach that would prevent most from being saved?
Preaching either another jesus that accepts sins and thus they teach them to embrace sins
OR teaching the church that one does not have to even BELIEVE JESUS is the CHRIST to be saved .
IF we cannot even believe the gospel , that alone DENIES US
and if we preach another jesus and walk in darkness and embrace sin . WE DONT KNOW HIM either .
If i came preaching a rainbow jesus , believe me i dont him .
IF i came preaching a jesus that honors sins , believe me i dont know him .
No one is perfect , but any leader needs to be preaching perfect doctrine .
Now as far as mid , post , pre trib stuff . i dont think any of that will disqualify one .
Though it would be much better to learn .
Those who use the name of JESUS and yet use grace as a license to justify sin
or use this love to call good that which GOD calls evil and vice versa .

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You see the reason why most folks dont recognize it , is cause most churches have long ago
already quit preaching on things that might offend or divide . SO everyone in the churches
have been hearing messages on nothing but a love and good works .
And thus everyone in the church thinks WOW our church is having no problems , we dont have false teachers
we focus on love and good works and pretty much all get along .
BUT mark my words . TRY bringing in doctrines that even paul and the apostles once preached
AND SEE what happens .
What do you think that the churches should preach?