Are christians justified by faith only?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What do you believe about remarriage?
I can see we gonna have word problems . YOU Do realize the KJV is a good bible .
I mean fornication aint just a physical act of man and woman , it can also be used
for acts against GOD . Like loving other gods , THAT TOO is a form of FORNICATION .
just like folks sleeping together. well not married folks of course .
As far as remarriage . What JESUS said i believe .
IF any sets aside his wife for any reason , OTHER than fornication and marries another
HE does commit adultery . Same with a woman who puts aaway a man .
CEPT of course for death too . IF they remarry they are in adultery .
Paul made mention of that himself . She shall be called an adulteress so long as that first husband lives .
HEY PAUL KNEW IT , JESUS TAUGHT IT . SO i do it and i teach it .
But feel free to expound on fornication if you like . I know there is the spiritiual side of it .
say for example , IF jewish wives were to be found with strange gods and etc
they were to be put to death , put away , etc . SO there is that too .
However we dont put anyone to death . IF one is a fornicator however they can be put away .But that is the
ONLY cause , well that or the spouse dies . THEY can seperate . But not remarry another .
JESUS SAID IT . THUS LETS NOT TWIST IT . just DO as nike once said , JUST DO IT .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What do you think that the churches should preach?
TRUTH . Folks must test all who do speak , prophets or any
and if the speaker does speak and it contradicts biblcal truth . ITS NOT COMING FROM GOD .
TRUTH . Now if GOD gives a word through a prophet or whoever
it will never contradict what is already written in the holy scrips . IF IT DO . IT BE FALSE .
Now , i am sure someone is gonna say , but what if its not in the bible .
WELL as long as it dont CONTRADICT what is in the BIBLE then its good .
BUT IF IT DO . ITS FALSE .

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OW that is why you dont see nor hear pastors talk about sin or error .
Now i didnt say all churches are like this . But i do challenge you to go to the ten largest churches in your area .
OR heck just go to ten churches and you see for yourself .
There are two sides to this coin. Most preachers will talk about sin. But they do not know the difference between biblical sins and man-made sins. They get hung up on things that just do not matter. Not enough discussions on how to coduct themselves in male / female relationships.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are two sides to this coin. Most preachers will talk about sin. But they do not know the difference between biblical sins and man-made sins. They get hung up on things that just do not matter. Not enough discussions on how to coduct themselves in male / female relationships.
THEN they got no business leading the church . You see that has been the problem .
Leaders ought to KNOW the difference . IT would be so simply if folks had learned the bible .
IF i were in charge of setting up elders in a church . YOU can bet ya bottom ducket
THEY HAD a been a tested by the knowlege not of men but IN THAT BIBLE . That my friend has been the problem for quite some time .
IT aint done like that no more . BUT ITS TIME TO RETURN TO IT . and fast too .

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Preaching either another jesus that accepts sins and thus they teach them to embrace sins
OR teaching the church that one does not have to even BELIEVE JESUS is the CHRIST to be saved .
IF we cannot even believe the gospel , that alone DENIES US
and if we preach another jesus and walk in darkness and embrace sin . WE DONT KNOW HIM either .
If i came preaching a rainbow jesus , believe me i dont him .
IF i came preaching a jesus that honors sins , believe me i dont know him .
No one is perfect , but any leader needs to be preaching perfect doctrine .
Now as far as mid , post , pre trib stuff . i dont think any of that will disqualify one .
Though it would be much better to learn .
Those who use the name of JESUS and yet use grace as a license to justify sin
or use this love to call good that which GOD calls evil and vice versa .
I don't know where you go to church but I have never seen a church preach this.
I know there are liberal churches, I just never ran a crossed any of them and I have been to a lot of them.
A license to justify sin.....that would be the OSAS crowd or the Calvinists or the universalists. These churches become notorious, almost like a cult, but I would not say they are mainstream.
And true you will run into some of them on this forum, but that would be expected….it is an international forum.

Reactions: Jim B

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
can see we gonna have word problems . YOU Do realize the KJV is a good bible .
I mean fornication aint just a physical act of man and woman , it can also be used
for acts against GOD . Like loving other gods , THAT TOO is a form of FORNICATION .
just like folks sleeping together. well not married folks of course .
Words mean things...LOL When you are getting into the language level of theology it is important to be accurate.
Look at the scriptures before translation....the scriptures have Greek words that specify various sexual acts, the word fornication lumps them all together and adds its own definition, which is not biblical and skews the reality of what is going on.

Most Bibles are going to use the word wedding...But the actual scriptures are not going to say the word wedding. Why? The Hebrew language did not have a word for wedding. And the reason that the Old Testament and New Testament do not have a requirement to have a wedding ceremony to be married....is that…. Wedding ceremonies are from Pagan customs. So you are not going to see the word wedding in the actual scriptures.

Eventually Christianity adopted this practice because of the Gentile-Christians. It was part of their culture. So as time went on they voluntarily had wedding ceremonies to be married. The first documented Christian wedding ceremony occurred in the 9th century. The Catholic Church did not require it. It was in fact the Protestants that first required a wedding ceremony in the mid 1500's and the Catholic Church required it shortly after that. The decree Tametsi issued by the Council of Trent on November 11th 1563.

So the sexual union was the process for consummating a marriage for most of history. No sin. If a couple had sex, they were married. And this is something that is not made clear now. People think if they have a one night stand it is not a big deal, they do not understand what happened. They are married....if they do not remain together that is a problem and if they have sex with someone else they are committing adultery....People are being taught in church that the emphasis is on the wedding ceremony....it is not. It is the sexual union. Even now if you have a wedding ceremony but do not have sex, you can get the marriage annulled. It is the sexual union that consummates the marriage....it has been that way from the very beginning. Ideally you should only have one sexual partner in your life.

Getting back to the word fornication, one of its definitions indicate that two single people having sex is a sin. This is false, as it turns out this is how two single people consummated a marriage, this was the normal process if they continued on in a monogamous relationship. In stead of taking every opportunity to condemn sex, instead of making up words to condemn sex, they need to point out its importance. Making love is the intimate bond between couples, it can produce children...It was designed by God to produce children. Be fruitful and multiply was the only command that God Himself reiterated in the Old Testament and the promise of children that would number like the sands of the shores, the stars of the sky, and the dust of the earth was made at every significant event. There was only one way for that to happen....a whole lot of sex.

There is no sin in the normal process where a couple falls in love and has sex and then remains together in a monogamous relationship. So all these terms....sleeping together....shacking up....living in sin....are all false and it is a sin to condemn people with these false beliefs. If they turn people away from Christianity, they could be held accountable for it on Judgment Day. If they turn people away, they are defeating their own purpose. It matters not if they have sex before or after the wedding ceremony.

Wedding ceremonies are now a Christian custom and the benefits of it are good at several levels. The social level.....I hate the phrase....My baby daddy. You do not want your children to be called bastards. How is your will going to read like? The religious, social, legal, aspects of it all means that it is prudent to have a wedding ceremony. Don't be concerned that you waited ten years.....just do it and make it a grand celebration.

But a couple that has not had a wedding ceremony should be welcome in church. Let them learn by association that a wedding ceremony is a good thing.

And the KJV is the most inaccurate Bible in print. It is the favorite of every cult out there.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jim B

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
TRUTH . Folks must test all who do speak , prophets or any
and if the speaker does speak and it contradicts biblcal truth . ITS NOT COMING FROM GOD .
TRUTH . Now if GOD gives a word through a prophet or whoever
it will never contradict what is already written in the holy scrips . IF IT DO . IT BE FALSE .
Now , i am sure someone is gonna say , but what if its not in the bible .
WELL as long as it dont CONTRADICT what is in the BIBLE then its good .
BUT IF IT DO . ITS FALSE .

This is why I keep saying Belief, Truth, Facts.
An interpretation of the scriptures maybe a belief....but it may not be the truth.
It is the truth that the scriptures never spoke against polygamy and slavery, but the fact is these things are wrong.
Now my personal favorite churches.....are Holy Ghost churches. Speaking in tongues can be prophecy...and I have never seen it go againt the scriptures.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
THEN they got no business leading the church . You see that has been the problem .
Leaders ought to KNOW the difference . IT would be so simply if folks had learned the bible .
IF i were in charge of setting up elders in a church . YOU can bet ya bottom ducket
THEY HAD a been a tested by the knowlege not of men but IN THAT BIBLE . That my friend has been the problem for quite some time .
IT aint done like that no more . BUT ITS TIME TO RETURN TO IT . and fast too .
Ya but if the preacher is using the KJV....he is not going to be preaching the scriptures.
At this point a preacher should be knowledgeable of the languages of the scriptures.
Why did Christ seem so negative about wealth? Most preachers are not going to know that.
The Mosaic Law is very clear on the process of divorce. Why was Christ opposed to it? Most preachers are not going to know that.
Why did Paul stipulate that a leader in a church had to be married to one wife? Most preachers are not going to know that.

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are Christians justified by faith only?

John gives a very important teaching on belief
John 1:12,
- But as many as received Him, to them He gave power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on His name

Those who believe according to John are not the sons of God, they have the power to become a son of God.

To become a son of God you must be born again,
John 3:1-7, 1Peter 1:22-23,
- having been born again through the word of God which lives and abides forever

The scriptures teach nothing alone saves, but a number of things work together to bring about our salvation

We are saved by God, 1Timothy 2:3-4
We are saved by Christ, Matthew 18:11
We are saved by Grace, Ephesians 2:8
We are saved by faith John 8:24
We are saved by preaching 1Corinthians 1:21
We are saved by the gospel, 1Corinthians 15:1-2
We are saved by baptism, 1Peter 1:20-21; Galatians 3:27
We are saved by repentance, Acts 3:19
We are saved by public confession, Romans 10:9-10
We are saved by obedience, Hebrews 5:8-9
We are saved by works of righteousness, Acts 10:35(these are not meritorious works)
And the list goes on. Since al, these things are said to save, then we can surely see that we are not saved by faith only.

James 2:24,
- You see then that a man is justified by works and not by faith alone

-

Last edited:
Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ya but if the preacher is using the KJV....he is not going to be preaching the scriptures.
At this point a preacher should be knowledgeable of the languages of the scriptures.
Why did Christ seem so negative about wealth? Most preachers are not going to know that.
The Mosaic Law is very clear on the process of divorce. Why was Christ opposed to it? Most preachers are not going to know that.
Why did Paul stipulate that a leader in a church had to be married to one wife? Most preachers are not going to know that.
It was the love of wealth , monies and etc
Well they would if they learned scripture . It was meant for a man to have one wife , though not a sin for more than one .
Plus paul was not implying a man HAD to married to lead the church , rather only have one wife .
The mosiac law was clear about divorce . Read what it says about what cause a man can put away his wife .
Not for every cause , certain cause , fornication . and the meaning of fornication , if we read the bible
implies a cause involving both sin against the husband and other god worship or etc .
Not to mention paul explains quite well , WHY the law was even added in the first place .
Notice that for years and years abraham and others had no written law .
THE law was ADDED , because OF TRANSGRESSION . TILL What , Till the promise should come .
The law kept , Israel from , in part , by the removal of sin , cleansed . But only the flesh as pertains to the outward .
THe law kept them at bay . It was used to correct and to instruct them , TILL THE PROMISE CAME .
The law , the righteousness of the law , IS NOW UPON our hearts .
Its not just those who were priests and etc that teach the people TO KNOW the LORD ,
NOW all the born again ARE TAUGHT of HIM . YES there are still teachers in the sense they are buildng up the church .
But NOW the difference is , THE HOLY SPIRIT is poured out upon ALL who do believe . THEY can now
by the power of Christ walk righteously BY THE SPIRIT .
A leader in the church should only have one wife . mutiple wives can , can take the heart away from GOD .
Not to mention One man one woman . ONE LORD one wife . ITS a pattern .
As far as being knowledgeable about the langauge . I aint arguing one bit about that .
But mark my words , there are many men
who will use greek , ONLY they aint really giving us the right interperation but rather an interpreation
that ushers us into their way of SEEING things . NOT ALL DO THAT . but MOST DO . and boy do i mean most .
I have a old dictionary . Guess what, every time i looked up a word i didnt know , and yeah there are words
i did not know in that older english . STILL it gave me the right understanding of it .
We better be on gaurd is all i can say . In about every place we read , it would make sense if we read
the letter as a whole . IT does explain itself . But men try and say NO IT DONT
ITS TOO HARD , SIT YE UNDER US and those same men sure seem to leading the people into a progressive JESUS .
If ya know what i mean . Those same men
try using greek words to justify the sole act of homosexuality . By trying to imply it was only meaning not to do it as TEMPLE service .
AS though its okay at other times . WHAT A LIE that whopper is . But you would be amazed at how fast people
supped it up as though GOD has ZERO problem with GAY SEX , WELL so long as its not done in temple worship .
What a sad joke that is . Well its a not a joke . cause a joke is at least supposed to be funny . ITS DEADLY
what these folks are doing . We better be on gaurd .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
actually i can and do use the KJV . And oh yes it be preaching the scriptures .
I can actually speak it in modern english when i am reading it .
I , by grace, have read it so much it just kept coming together more and more .
I challenge all to spend time reading it . YES at first IT can be harder to understand ,
but keep reading it and watch what begins to happen . IT all starts coming together .
And if any has a good old old dictionary , use it on the words you do not know .
And yes there will be such words . And here is huge thing too .
DID you know , that for the most part when i was reading those words
that i did not know , when reading it as a whole i understood what it meant .
UNLESS they were written in just one long list . THEN i had to go and look up the words .
Did you know that they even interchanged temptation and trials .
THEY could use tempation in word sense to mean literally being tempted by the flesh
then turn around and say temptations and use it as an example OF TRIALS against us .
YOU will learn that too . TRUE i would rewrite it saying trials and then use the word tempation .
But they did use the WORD for both causes . And you know what
I quickly figured it out . Temptations are those things which the FLESH loveth
TRIALS , NOPE , it suffers . Trials are something used for our good , to strengthen us
to burn things out of us . Whereas a temptation is something the flesh loveth and it will and can lead us away from GOD .
YET they used temptation , as an example of both cases . I am sure that might confuse some at first .
BUT just keep on reading and it all starts coming together .
TO me , i have grown so used to it , its like reading modern english to me now .
And i can easily when reading it , say it in modern english now .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are Christians justified by faith only?

John gives a very important teaching on belief
John 1:12,
- But as many as received Him, to them He gave power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on His name

Those who believe according to John are not the sons of God, they have the power to become a son of God.

To become a son of God you must be born again,
John 3:1-7, 1Peter 1:22-23,
- having been born again through the word of God which lives and abides forever

The scriptures teach nothing alone saves, but a number of things work together to bring about our salvation

We are saved by God, 1Timothy 2:3-4
We are saved by Christ, Matthew 18:11
We are saved by Grace, Ephesians 2:8
We are saved by faith John 8:24
We are saved by preaching 1Corinthians 1:21
We are saved by the gospel, 1Corinthians 15:1-2
We are saved by baptism, 1Peter 1:20-21; Galatians 3:27
We are saved by repentance, Acts 3:19
We are saved by public confession, Romans 10:9-10
We are saved by obedience, Hebrews 5:8-9
We are saved by works of righteousness, Acts 10:35(these are not meritorious works)
And the list goes on. Since al, these things are said to save, then we can surely see that we are not saved by faith only.

James 2:24,
- You see then that a man is justified by works and not by faith alone

-
and yet that one selfsame SPIRIT worketh all those things .
IN OTHER WORDS , GOD GIVETH US THE DESIRE TO DO SUCH THINGS .
So again its all by the grace of GOD we are saved and kept through , through FAITH IN JESUS CHRIST .
And by the grace of GOD , aka HIS SPIRIT within us , we also warn and reminder others TO DO and what things to NOT DO .
and all worketh that one SPIRIT OF GOD .
SO in summation , I CAN ONLY BOAST IN GOD , HE ALONE SAVED ME and HE KEEPS ME . YEP .
NOW LIFT THOSE HANDS , IT IS LORD PRAISING TIME IN THE BUILDING .

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jim is part right . ALLAH is the arabic name for GOD . But the muslim version , who they call ALLAH . IS SATAN JIM .
they are not worshipping the same GOD we do jim .
I wrote: Allah is not Satan!!! Allah is the Arabic name for God. Arabic Christians worship the one true God and refer to Him as Allah.

Of course, you change the subject since you can't tolerate the truth. I said nothing about Muslims.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It was the love of wealth , monies and etc
Well they would if they learned scripture . It was meant for a man to have one wife , though not a sin for more than one .
Plus paul was not implying a man HAD to married to lead the church , rather only have one wife .
The mosiac law was clear about divorce . Read what it says about what cause a man can put away his wife .
Not for every cause , certain cause , fornication . and the meaning of fornication , if we read the bible
implies a cause involving both sin against the husband and other god worship or etc .
Not to mention paul explains quite well , WHY the law was even added in the first place .
Notice that for years and years abraham and others had no written law .
THE law was ADDED , because OF TRANSGRESSION . TILL What , Till the promise should come .
The law kept , Israel from , in part , by the removal of sin , cleansed . But only the flesh as pertains to the outward .
THe law kept them at bay . It was used to correct and to instruct them , TILL THE PROMISE CAME .
The law , the righteousness of the law , IS NOW UPON our hearts .
Its not just those who were priests and etc that teach the people TO KNOW the LORD ,
NOW all the born again ARE TAUGHT of HIM . YES there are still teachers in the sense they are buildng up the church .
But NOW the difference is , THE HOLY SPIRIT is poured out upon ALL who do believe . THEY can now
by the power of Christ walk righteously BY THE SPIRIT .
A leader in the church should only have one wife . mutiple wives can , can take the heart away from GOD .
Not to mention One man one woman . ONE LORD one wife . ITS a pattern .
As far as being knowledgeable about the langauge . I aint arguing one bit about that .
But mark my words , there are many men
who will use greek , ONLY they aint really giving us the right interperation but rather an interpreation
that ushers us into their way of SEEING things . NOT ALL DO THAT . but MOST DO . and boy do i mean most .
I have a old dictionary . Guess what, every time i looked up a word i didnt know , and yeah there are words
i did not know in that older english . STILL it gave me the right understanding of it .
We better be on gaurd is all i can say . In about every place we read , it would make sense if we read
the letter as a whole . IT does explain itself . But men try and say NO IT DONT
ITS TOO HARD , SIT YE UNDER US and those same men sure seem to leading the people into a progressive JESUS .
If ya know what i mean . Those same men
try using greek words to justify the sole act of homosexuality . By trying to imply it was only meaning not to do it as TEMPLE service .
AS though its okay at other times . WHAT A LIE that whopper is . But you would be amazed at how fast people
supped it up as though GOD has ZERO problem with GAY SEX , WELL so long as its not done in temple worship .
What a sad joke that is . Well its a not a joke . cause a joke is at least supposed to be funny . ITS DEADLY
what these folks are doing . We better be on gaurd .
LOL!!! :jest:

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wrote: Allah is not Satan!!! Allah is the Arabic name for God. Arabic Christians worship the one true God and refer to Him as Allah.

Of course, you change the subject since you can't tolerate the truth. I said nothing about Muslims.
THERE you did not say anything about muslims . BUT YOU SURE have said THEY WORSHIP the same GOD we do .
You done run out of gas my friend .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jim do you even know the difference between race and ideals .
YOU accuse me non stop of being racist , cause i speak against certain sins like homosexuality .
You call me racist against jews cause i say they MUST believe in CHRIST or they DO Not worship GOD .
You say i am racist cause i say the muslims DO NOT worship the same GOD WE DO .
THAT AINT RACIST JIM . I aint attacking the skin tone . FIGURE IT OUT JIM .
the social gospel dont even know what racism is .
HERE IS an example of racism or being racist . IF I SAID a BLACK MAN DONT KNOW GOD
MUSLIM is not a race jim . FIGURE THAT OUT TOO .
I mean i see all kinds of races that are muslim . ITS THE MINDSET the LIE I go against .
AND again i see all sorts of colors , races that are homosexual . ITS NOT THE RACE JIM
ITS THE LIES I GO AGAINST . TRY learning what RACISM actually IS JIM
and not what the programmed blind ones try and say it is .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Time to flee the progressive lies and ideals of men .

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
THERE you did not say anything about muslims . BUT YOU SURE have said THEY WORSHIP the same GOD we do .
You done run out of gas my friend .
They do worship the same God as Christians and Jews. Why do you flaunt your ignorance?

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jim do you even know the difference between race and ideals .
YOU accuse me non stop of being racist , cause i speak against certain sins like homosexuality .
You call me racist against jews cause i say they MUST believe in CHRIST or they DO Not worship GOD .
You say i am racist cause i say the muslims DO NOT worship the same GOD WE DO .
THAT AINT RACIST JIM . I aint attacking the skin tone . FIGURE IT OUT JIM .
the social gospel dont even know what racism is .
HERE IS an example of racism or being racist . IF I SAID a BLACK MAN DONT KNOW GOD
MUSLIM is not a race jim . FIGURE THAT OUT TOO .
I mean i see all kinds of races that are muslim . ITS THE MINDSET the LIE I go against .
AND again i see all sorts of colors , races that are homosexual . ITS NOT THE RACE JIM
ITS THE LIES I GO AGAINST . TRY learning what RACISM actually IS JIM
and not what the programmed blind ones try and say it is .
Are you drunk?

You are conflating racism and homosexuality. Do you not know the difference?

And you go on, saying that Jews do not worship God? Are you that blind to the truth?

I never conflated racism and your comments about Muslims. Again, are you drunk?

You write "the social gospel dont [sic] even know what racism is" without ever defining what you call "the social gospel". And BTW, gospels can't know anything; it's o0bvious that you don't understand the term.

You wrote (in poor English) "HERE IS an example of racism or being racist . IF I SAID a BLACK MAN DONT KNOW GOD". That is meaningless statement. If you said that a man doesn't know God because he is "black", that is racist and, of course, dead wrong. You clearly don't know what racism is or admit to being a racist, but your bigotry is apparent in everything that you write.

Unlike you, I clearly understand what racism and bigotry are.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Time to flee the progressive lies and ideals of men .
This one-liner is your response to what I wrote? Allah is not Satan!!! Allah is the Arabic name for God. Arabic Christians worship the one true God and refer to Him as Allah.

Again, it's obvious that you can't tolerate the truth.