Are Christians now going to be seen as threats to the nation?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i just spent the most amazing morning in my garden...well, not mine, i hate gardening lol, i'm a permaculture guy, but anyway did anyone see mercury pass across the sun?

:D
Even so, "What me worry?" Did Alfred E Neuman have it all wrong?

"Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof." Matt 6:34

Reactions: bbyrd009

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even so, "What me worry?" Did Alfred E Neuman have it all wrong?
"Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof." Matt 6:34

Yes he did "have it all wrong", -- because EVERYTHING which Matt. 6:34 suggests pertains to when Jesus was still among the disciples. But right before when Jesus was going to the Garden of Gethsemane, as he prepared to leave to be with the FATHER, he gave NEW INSTRUCTIONS:

Luke 22:35 And he said to them, “When I sent you out with no purse or bag or sandals, did you lack anything?” They said, “Nothing.” 36 He said to them, “But now, let him who has a purse take it, and likewise a bag. And let him who has no sword sell his mantle and buy one.

And so we ARE instructed to PLAN and PREPARE our PURSE, BAG, and SWORD. But some people like to pick and choose which instructions they like and which the don't like. And so, after being warned, -- their blood is on their own heads.

But of such are the ill-considered, when the times demand more,
Bobby Jo

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
i do get the points you are trying to make there, and we have some passage about being fox-like sort of in that vein i guess, although I will never leave you nor forsake you? Plus i would interpret that passage a little differently, less literally maybe. What is a "mantle" anyway?

anyway i say this bc we are commonly taught we have two swords right here, That is enough, when a more fitting interp might be Enough of that. Plus the "mantle" thing

plan and prepare for what, do you think?
a man makes his plans...
Yes he did "have it all
although those in the world should surely heed your warning i guess yeh
friends, Romans, countrymen, be advised

let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one
well lets just say that swords and robes have symbolic meanings maybe too

also, the passage is apparently apropos of nothing, and inserted in between...well, just have a look,
31Simon, Simon, Satan has asked to sift each of you like wheat.
32But I have prayed for you, Simon, that your faith will not fail. And when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers.”
33“Lord,” said Peter, “I am ready to go with You even to prison and to death.”
34But Jesus replied, “I tell you, Peter, the rooster will not crow today until you have denied three times that you know Me.”
35Then Jesus asked them, “When I sent you out without purse or bag or sandals, did you lack anything?” “Nothing,” they answered.
36“Now, however,” He told them, “the one with a purse should take it, and likewise a bag; and the one without a sword should sell his cloak and buy one.
37For I tell you that this Scripture must be fulfilled in Me: ‘And He was numbered with the transgressors.’c

so, not denying one should be as wise as a snake and as innocent as a dove, but planning i'm not so sure?

ha also note and when you have turned back
i am ready to go
iow not addressing "when you have turned back" with the expected indignation or query, but bluster, which i am just now seeing. Subtle enough that it could be perceived as a like an indignant rebuttal, but lacking some opening exclamation like we might expect? "Hey! I am ready..." or even "Excuse me? I am ready..." like that maybe. Although i havent asked Lex here at all and i could be making this up too i guess lol

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes he did "have it all wrong", -- because EVERYTHING which Matt. 6:34 suggests pertains to when Jesus was still among the disciples. But right before when Jesus was going to the Garden of Gethsemane, as he prepared to leave to be with the FATHER, he gave NEW INSTRUCTIONS:

Luke 22:35 And he said to them, “When I sent you out with no purse or bag or sandals, did you lack anything?” They said, “Nothing.” 36 He said to them, “But now, let him who has a purse take it, and likewise a bag. And let him who has no sword sell his mantle and buy one.

And so we ARE instructed to PLAN and PREPARE our PURSE, BAG, and SWORD. But some people like to pick and choose which instructions they like and which the don't like. And so, after being warned, -- their blood is on their own heads.

Bobby Jo
And why do you presume that your suggestion that the words of Jesus as recorded are limited to your time instead of to God's? Would this make it fit better with your own decided understanding? Will you do the same thing with the written words of Paul?

"Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God." Phil 4:6

If we twist the words around enough we can arrive at any meaning we wish. What of what God would wish?

Again you have spoken here about the sword as if it meant we must each of us have one of men's weapons from the forges of steel and/or from the armouries of men for more modern weapons... instead of what I had I explained to you previously. Have you forgotten?

"And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:" Eph 6:17

And where is it that any of us receive an increase in what we really correctly know or even believe of God and the things of God?

"I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.
So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase." I Cor 3:6-7

"But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you." John 14:26

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Bobby Jo
Consider this BJ......why would Jesus tell us to love our enemies and then tell us to buy swords? I'm sure it wasn't for cutting bread....was it for cutting something else? Could it be that we have misunderstood Jesus's intention?

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luke 22:35 And he said to them, “When I sent you out with no purse or bag or sandals, did you lack anything?” They said, “Nothing.” 36 He said to them, But now, let him who has a purse take it, and likewise a bag. And let him who has no sword sell his mantle and buy one.

... i would interpret that passage a little differently, less literally maybe. ...

I think you "interpret" anything you don't like "less literally". It's not a REASON, it's just an EXCUSE. And you always have an EXCUSE.

Whew,
Bobby Jo

Last edited:

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And why do you presume that your suggestion that the words of Jesus as recorded are limited to your time instead of to God's?

MY TIME? GOD'S TIME? -- How about when Jesus was WITH the Disciples, versus when he will NO LONGER be with the Disciples?

The problem with dishonesty, is that people always skew the FACTS to suit their agenda , -- which certainly isn't the TRUTH. :)

We're all guilty of having misrepresented the TRUTH during our lives, but it should not be an inherent part of our "christianity".
Bobby Jo

Last edited:

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...why would Jesus tell us to love our enemies and then tell us to buy swords? ...

#1. OBEY GOD.
#2. FIND OUT WHY/HOW/WHEN/WHERE/WITH-WHOM.​

But if you don't like obedience, -- then don't worry. I'm quite confident that your way will work out better than GOD's way ...
Bobby Jo

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is much yet to be fulfilled, Our Savior stated, When you see the Abomination of desolation acure, those in Jerusalem flee!
In the book of the Maccabees a Greek General sets up a statue of Zeus on the Temple Mount, and declair's this is your god Israel!
An Abominable act which defiled the Mount, also roasted a sow on the Alter which made is unusable to God as to make it desolate!
This took place long before our Savior's birth, so when He state's this Prophecy by Danial it has to be a future event!
I am not a pre-trib believer. when this happens we will be in the middle of the seven year's of the tribulation, what transpires in the 3 1/2 years prior to this is called Jacobs troubles, which I believe is when we should have a backbone of steel!
No matter what happens to us as a whole or as individuals we must stay Faithful, we will be Hated as he was, yet He laid down His Life, Faithful to His Father!
ALL People's Hearts will be tested, all the early believers were persecuted, and most suffered death, as we also will be! Our Savior said so!

I'm still reading through Revelations and don't have enough of a foundation yet. I have never read any of the Maccabbees. I have already experienced quite a fair amount of persecution for the truth already/ from the evil one. I do see why Scripture speaks of men's hearts failing them because I've been through severe hardship and am even now in it. God doesn't give us an easy way out. When He said "endure hardness" He meant it.

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
#1. OBEY GOD.
#2. FIND OUT WHY/HOW/WHEN/WHERE/WITH-WHOM.​

But if you don't like obedience, -- then don't worry. I'm quite confident that your way will work out better than GOD's way ...
Bobby Jo

Do you still foresee a thermonuclear war ahead? That's what Joel Skousen is saying. I didn't really think much about it but now I am - especially after reading that Clinton signed a specific law which is basically suicide where we're not to return nuclear power even if we have it dropped on us.

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... some have their paranoia, and it's not of GOD ...

Bobby Jo

You just can't recognize what is being done. Scripture says "the wise makes his way sure" - I don't think you've looked carefully into the issues or you would recognize what is happening.

There is mass delusion taking place. You're being played by people with top military prowess. They know stratagems and how to employ them. The propaganda is cleverly put out and most Christians are eating it up

How To Escape The Age Of Mass Delusion

God forced me to deal with highly manipulative, deceptive individuals one time. They don't think normally - they think strategically. They are masters of deception and fool 99.9% of the people.

Sometimes through various positions people hold in life, and/or experiences unique to them, they have seen the deceptions that are perpetrated on unsuspecting persons. They then become more adept at spotting deception. Just because you can't see it doesn't mean it isn't true, anymore than just because someone doesn't believe in God doesn't mean He isn't true.

Trump is continuing the militarization of police. What do you think the end game is for Trump issuing military gear to police? Have American citizens now become the "enemy"? Why is Trump really doing this? Isn't the militarization of police a NWO goal - or haven't you researched that?

I hope you have a good lawyer for when you become a victim of Trump's policies Bobby Jo. There are many good police officers but there are those who are not. Just outfitting men and women in military gear is a psychological stratagem to elicit a specific mindset. It's all planned. It's well known that personal clothing elicits specific psychological behavior. It's psychological manipulation played on the public and also the police.

Trump praises police violence to audience of laughing cops

https%3A%2F%2Fs3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com%2Fmaven-user-photos%2Fpinacnews%2Fpolice-brutality%2FNJEZc9fFf0CsFOR6IvtVGw%2F6Q1JtEE5R061vB4UJRrZlA

When the militarized police beat you to a pulp Bobby Jo I hope you love your servitude to Heil Trump:

“A really efficient totalitarian state would be one in which the all-powerful executive of political bosses and their army of managers control a population of slaves who do not have to be coerced, because they love their servitude. To make them love it is the task assigned, in present-day totalitarian states, to ministries of propaganda, newspaper editors and schoolteachers.... The greatest triumphs of propaganda have been accomplished, not by doing something, but by refraining from doing. Great is truth, but still greater, from a practical point of view, is silence about truth.”
~ Aldous Huxley
(1894-1963) Author

Last edited:

DeiVindicem

Nov 13, 2019
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
hmm, what iyo wouldnt i like about a more literal interp there bj? Not sure i have a dog in that hunt even tbh.

Anyway doesnt seem like that really addresses the meat there bro, make all the prep/plans for the future you like, ok with me? You get to interp give no thought for the morrow however you like to imo. Just offering other perspectives ok?
Do you hate Satan and his children?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
You and I both know why you do not deny Satan?
um, we do?

The Q just seemed rather fatuous, wadr, the expected reply obvious, etc, so i wasnt quite getting your point. My reply to your first post (ever, to me, as far as i know) would be "pls insert obvious answer here, and get to the point" maybe, something like that, if you'll forgive me. I'm mark, ntmy btw

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
MY TIME? GOD'S TIME?
Everything we have my friend belongs to God... including our allotted time. We are only stewards until and if we actually inherit.

-- How about when Jesus was WITH the Disciples, versus when he will NO LONGER be with the Disciples?
When Jesus walked here in his own flesh about 2,000 years ago, then he was the Light of the world. Once he was no longer in the world, then we, that is, you and I, are the Light if we have taken on the Life that he brought for us: John 10:10, John 9:5; John 17:11 and Matt 5:14

The problem with dishonesty, is that people always skew the FACTS to suit their agenda , -- which certainly isn't the TRUTH. :)
What you say may be so, but, even if it is, be careful that you are walking in the Truth and even then remember what you job description is. Condemnation is not in your job description nor is it in mine... nor indeed would it be necessary:

"He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil." John 3:18-19

We're all guilty of having misrepresented the TRUTH during our lives, but it should not be an inherent part of our "christianity".
Bobby Jo
Yes, all men are liars with their words and actions even when they do it in ignorance which is usually the case. Every man believes he right here, but any of us that are ever wrong and support our wrongful in ignorance are liars. I truly wish I could say that it was never the case with me.

Our Christianity? If by that you mean our taking on all of the Way of Jesus, no it should not be a part of us... but as James writes it we have been double-minded. We remain double-minded until we no longer sin at all. There may be people like that, but I don't definitely know one. The key is however to never stop growing closer to him until we run out of our allotted time.