Are Christians sinners?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Spirit Covenant

Nov 5, 2012
Main stream Christianity generally believe that everyone sins. Of course I'm here begging to differ. Every thing that I say here is my opinion. I will always "try" to be open to other peoples opinions.

[bible='1 John 3:7 1 John 3:8'][/bible]

You will notice that it says those that sin are of the devil. If all people are sinners, then that would mean Christians are sinners as well. If Christians are sinners , then based on the passage above we are of the devil.

[bible='1 John 4:4'][/bible]

I don't believe that Christians could ever be "of the devil" just as much as I believe that Christians could never be possessed by a demon. That would mean that Christians are not sinners. That doesn't mean that we can all run around murdering people I'm just stating the bible as pure as possible. So, what do you guys think?

btw, This is my first post!
tongue.gif

Those who are Christians have been forgiven of their sins. They are no longer sinners.

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
I don't think so...I think they were perfect also... :)

Shalom!!!

I was going to post here the other day I'm glad I waited.
lets say the "capacity" to sin existed, the freedom to choose.
Satan took advantage of that "potential" by deceiving Eve

but its all part of the process of making us into the likeness of the son

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Hi Neophyte - I believe Adam and Eve had the sin nature before their disobedience, evidenced by "a tree to be desired to make one wise" (Gen 3:6).

I don't think that A&E had the sin nature... but rather the God nature....JMHO ^_^

Isaiah 45:7
[sup]7 [/sup]I form light and create darkness,
I make success and create disaster;
I, Yahweh, do all these things.

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
What a wonderful plan God has
By providing the means "to choose" in man, made just below the angels he both made a way for man to be crowned with glory being made in the image of Christ. At the same time provided a means to weed out the bad apples "weakness" in the angelic realm. Hes constantly refining the gold and silver drawing out the dross.

I make success and create disaster;

I form light and create darkness,

Rev 22:5
And there shall be no night there; and they need no lamp, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God gives them light: and they shall reign forever and ever.

John_8:32

Nov 9, 2012
Hi Neophyte - I believe Adam and Eve had the sin nature before their disobedience, evidenced by "a tree to be desired to make one wise" (Gen 3:6).
Gen 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
Gen 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
Gen 1:28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.
Gen 1:29 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.
Gen 1:30 And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so.
Gen 1:31 And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

I politely disagree.