Are Christians Sinners?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sure do. Our feelings dont mean jack when it comes to knowing of Yahava sees you. Those who are believers, He sees them as their children. A Father who desires not only to take care of them, but he calls out to unbelievers too. A good God, who is full of mercy, and patience. It all comes by and through renewing of the mind.

Romans 12​

A Living Sacrifice​

12 Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship. 2 Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

Humble Service in the Body of Christ​

3 For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the faith God has distributed to each of you. 4 For just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, 5 so in Christ we, though many, form one body, and each member belongs to all the others. 6 We have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us. If your gift is prophesying, then prophesy in accordance with your[a] faith; 7 if it is serving, then serve; if it is teaching, then teach; 8 if it is to encourage, then give encouragement; if it is giving, then give generously; if it is to lead,[b] do it diligently; if it is to show mercy, do it cheerfully.

Love in Action​

9 Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. 10 Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves. 11 Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. 12 Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. 13 Share with the Lord’s people who are in need. Practice hospitality.
14 Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse. 15 Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn. 16 Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position.[c] Do not be conceited.
17 Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everyone. 18 If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. 19 Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God’s wrath, for it is written: “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,”[d] says the Lord. 20 On the contrary:
“If your enemy is hungry, feed him;
if he is thirsty, give him something to drink.
In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head.”[e]
21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Amen. Thank you again for the discussion.
The reason that God leaves us on this earth in our unredeemed Adamic bodies, Romans 8:23, is so that we can reach others with the Gospel. If your a holiness person going about flaunting your piety, you will not reach many for Christ. The Pharisees were religious hypocrites, they were always trying to convince others that they were righteous. If you believe that Jesus was pleased with them, you should read the 23rd chapter of Matthew.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The reason that God leaves us on this earth in our unredeemed Adamic bodies, Romans 8:23, is so that we can reach others with the Gospel. If your a holiness person going about flaunting your piety, you will not reach many for Christ. The Pharisees were religious hypocrites, they were always trying to convince others that they were righteous. If you believe that Jesus was pleased with them, you should read the 23rd chapter of Matthew.

Reminds me of Paul who wanted to be with the Lord but remained here so that he could help encourage others in the Lord, amen, Robert.

Reactions: mailmandan

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reminds me of Paul who wanted to be with the Lord but remained here so that he could help encourage others in the Lord, amen, Robert.
This is why Paul had the freedom to be all things to all men that he might win some.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is why Paul had the freedom to be all things to all men that he might win some.
Reminds of James, and how he told his audience that is improper to treat a rich person, or a poor person with any particular praise. Everyone should be treated, justly, fairly, with respect, dignity, and honor in my opinion, walking in the spirit, and walking in faith knowing that whether or not a person is good or bad, God desires for all to be reached, and perhaps your presence can make that difference, and Yahava give the increase. Hope all is well with you.

Reactions: BlessedPeace

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reminds of James, and how he told his audience that is improper to treat a rich person, or a poor person with any particular praise. Everyone should be treated, justly, fairly, with respect, dignity, and honor in my opinion, walking in the spirit, and walking in faith knowing that whether or not a person is good or bad, God desires for all to be reached, and perhaps your presence can make that difference, and Yahava give the increase. Hope all is well with you.
Everyone, regardless of their race or what they believe should be treated with respect. Jesus atoned for their sins also.

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know we've all sinned. I can't understand why some people believe we can't stop.
The Bible never says that we can't stop. But it does say that no one ever has stopped. Paul, in speaking about himself, said,

Rom 7:24 Wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death?
Rom 7:25 Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I myself serve the law of God with my mind, but with my flesh I serve the law of sin.
What we need to remember is that while the Christian does commit sin, the Bible does not refer to him as a sinner. The term sinner is reserved specifically for the unbeliever. And though we, as Christians, do sin, we are forgiven. It is a condition, a state of being. That is what it means to be justified. Having been justified means that we have been declared (not made) righteous.

Paul said,

Rom 5:1 Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.

What more can one ask for than to have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ?

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible never says that we can't stop. But it does say that no one ever has stopped. Paul, in speaking about himself, said,

Rom 7:24 Wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death?
Rom 7:25 Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I myself serve the law of God with my mind, but with my flesh I serve the law of sin.
What we need to remember is that while the Christian does commit sin, the Bible does not refer to him as a sinner. The term sinner is reserved specifically for the unbeliever. And though we, as Christians, do sin, we are forgiven. It is a condition, a state of being. That is what it means to be justified. Having been justified means that we have been declared (not made) righteous.

Paul said,

Rom 5:1 Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.

What more can one ask for than to have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ?
Paul frequently referred to himself as a sinner, 1 Timothy 1:15, also Romans 7:18.

In our eyes and in the eyes of others we are sinners. In God's eyes we are perfect and complete in Christ, Colossians 2:10.

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul frequently referred to himself as a sinner, 1 Timothy 1:15, also Romans 7:18.

In our eyes and in the eyes of others we are sinners. In God's eyes we are perfect and complete in Christ, Colossians 2:10.
Romans 7:18 and the entire passage concerns Paul's acknowledging that he does commit sins. However he does not refer to himself there as a sinner; at least in what I read there.

I believe that in 1 Timothy 1:15 Paul is referring to his past condition as a sinner. He includes himself as one that Jesus Christ came into the world to save.

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 7:18 and the entire passage concerns Paul's acknowledging that he does commit sins. However he does not refer to himself there as a sinner; at least in what I read there.

I believe that in 1 Timothy 1:15 Paul is referring to his past condition as a sinner. He includes himself as one that Jesus Christ came into the world to save.
What about when Paul said, "For I know that in me (that is in my flesh) dwells no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not. For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do. Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwells in me" Romans 7:18-20.

Paul struggled with sin because he was a sinner. If you are not struggling with sin, it is because you don't have the Holy Spirit.

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who here can truthfully say they have ever lived a perfect sinless day in their life?? We all sin but if we confess GOD IS FAITHFUL TO FORGIVE AND CLEANSE US OF all UPRIGHTNESS. PTL.

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who here can truthfully say they have ever lived a perfect sinless day in their life?? We all sin but if we confess GOD IS FAITHFUL TO FORGIVE AND CLEANSE US OF all UPRIGHTNESS. PTL.
That's funny, because we don't have any UPRIGHTNESS.