Are Doctrines affected by Modern Versions

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(smile) ...lol. I got to give it to you, keepup a good attitude, I like that, my.my.my, my, my. oh well, but did you see the implication of these scriptures?. if not and it's still good to you. don't answer...... just stay as you are.

thank you.

PICJAG.
Hey, you did not ask about the word "Easter" in Acts 12:4.

Wanna discuss it?

The Greek word was correctly translated into English by the 1611 translators as Easter.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey, you did not ask about the word "Easter" in Acts 12:4.

Wanna discuss it?

The Greek word was correctly translated into English by the 1611 translators as Easter.
Nope, I understand why it's there. Just like evil, sin, and the devil.

PICJAG.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I ask anyone that has a new definition of a word they oppose in the 1611 KJV this question.....

WHO wrote their new definition and WHEN did this definition get introduced?

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
if so, meaning that there is a trinity, then reconcile John 1:3 with Isaiah 44:24 and then we'll Get to Genesis 1:26... (smile).

Now, reconcile will you please, John 1:3 and isaiah 44:24 as a trinity if you can. you don't have to use the titles LORD or Lord, you can use Father, or Son... (smile).

the floor is yours.

PICJAG.
You are going with Red Herrings. The fact that we are discussing is the difference between LORD and Lord in the English versions and they are NOT distinguishing between Father/Son. They are distinguishing between Adonai, Elohim, and YHWH.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are going with Red Herrings. The fact that we are discussing is the difference between LORD and Lord in the English versions and they are NOT distinguishing between Father/Son. They are distinguishing between Adonai, Elohim, and YHWH.
Boy those red Herrings is still smoking ... lol. but ..... if they are distinguishable, as you said, you have the floor, John 1:3 and Isaiah 44:24.

now if you're stalling for time, no problem take your time because genesis 1:26 and 27 is going to expose your Adonai, Elohim, and YHWH. and anyone else who want to get in on the action..... :rolleyes:

PICJAG.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Boy those red Herrings is still smoking ... lol. but ..... if they are distinguishable, as you said, you have the floor, John 1:3 and Isaiah 44:24.

now if you're stalling for time, no problem take your time because genesis 1:26 and 27 is going to expose your Adonai, Elohim, and YHWH. and anyone else who want to get in on the action..... :rolleyes:

PICJAG.
I'm not stalling, just proving your assertion that Lord/LORD standing for Son/Father is absurd and not founded in reality.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not stalling, just proving your assertion that Lord/LORD standing for Son/Father is absurd and not founded in reality.
so we can take this as you cannot reconcile John 1:3 and Isaiah 44:24? oh well. good day.

PICJAG.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so go ahead and give us your exegesis on easter or the passover in Acts 12:4

PICJAG.
Glad you asked.

There is a double meaning for "pascha".

There is a Jewish meaning and a Christian meaning.

The Jewish meaning is pascha lamb(celebration}

The Christian meaning is pascha lamb of God, Jesus Christ celebration per the 1st resurrection anniversary to be continued at Jewish celebration yearly....

Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover(pascha) is sacrificed for us:

Here is that celebration in action....

20 When ye come together therefore into one place, this is not to eat the Lord's supper.

21 For in eating every one taketh before other his own supper: and one is hungry, and another is drunken.

22 What? have ye not houses to eat and to drink in? or despise ye the church of God, and shame them that have not? what shall I say to you? shall I praise you in this? I praise you not.

23 For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, that the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread:

24 And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.

25 After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, this cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.

26 For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.

This pascha celebration coincided with the Jewish pascha AKA PASSOVER(English).

The 1611 translators used the word "Easter" to describe this Christian pasha(passover) feast.

The opposition has been duped into believing it was describing a pagan holiday.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Glad you asked.

There is a double meaning for "pascha".

There is a Jewish meaning and a Christian meaning.

The Jewish meaning is pascha lamb(celebration}

The Christian meaning is pascha lamb of God, Jesus Christ celebration per the 1st resurrection anniversary to be continued at Jewish celebration yearly....

Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover(pascha) is sacrificed for us:

Here is that celebration in action....

20 When ye come together therefore into one place, this is not to eat the Lord's supper.

21 For in eating every one taketh before other his own supper: and one is hungry, and another is drunken.

22 What? have ye not houses to eat and to drink in? or despise ye the church of God, and shame them that have not? what shall I say to you? shall I praise you in this? I praise you not.

23 For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, that the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread:

24 And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.

25 After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, this cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.

26 For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.

This pascha celebration coincided with the Jewish pascha AKA PASSOVER(English).

The 1611 translators used the word "Easter" to describe this Christian pasha(passover) feast.

The opposition has been duped into believing it was describing a pagan holiday.
well I'm glad you're not duped by the double yongue.... (smile). well done.

Now, maybe you can help our brother dave out on John 1:3 and isaiah 44:24. if you don't mind.

PICJAG.
PICJAG.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well I'm glad you're not duped by the double yongue.... (smile). well done.

Now, maybe you can help our brother dave out on John 1:3 and isaiah 44:24. if you don't mind.

PICJAG.
PICJAG.
Let's start here.....

I ask anyone that has a new definition of a word they oppose in the 1611 KJV this question.....

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is this argument steering off into theology?

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let's start here.....

#1. I don't have any new words, and not intrested. #2. nor intrested in who gave any new definitions. so, i'll leave that to you and whoever.

now can you help your brother dave out?

PICJAG.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
#1. I don't have any new words, and not intrested. #2. nor intrested in who gave any new definitions. so, i'll leave that to you and whoever.

now can you help your brother dave out?

PICJAG.
No, there is no such thing as a tri-une God.