Are Doctrines affected by Modern Versions

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God did not become a sperm cell to mate with Mary's egg.

God does not lower himself to humans, nor does God have a human nature.

Reactions: DNB

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
Oh you're still here?.
well since you cannot answer John 1:3 and isaiah 44:24, let's zero in on your Genesis 1:26, it this your tri-une God yes or no?

looking for your answer.

PICJAG.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God did not become a sperm cell to mate with Mary's egg.

that's true, let stick with what he knows best, ok. and we'll see if doctrine match up with what the translation say.

PICJAG.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
that's true, let stick with what he knows best, ok. and we'll see if doctrine match up with what the translation say.

PICJAG.
The KJV is clearly correct on who God is.
The KJV does not say God has a human nature.
Thank God for the KJV.

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have assumed that two of the MOST CORRUPT manuscripts are the best and therefore additions have been made. But the opposite is true. There have been deliberate omissions in the corrupt manuscripts not once but hundreds of times.

Christians should know that the so-called scholars and critics have been promoting A HOAX since the 19th century. They have deliberately cast the most corrupt manuscripts as the best, and the best as the worst. So people should educate themselves by reading the extensive works of Burgon and Scrivener (as well as several others).
Those who hold to the explanation of scribal zeal will lean towards counting additional text as something that needs to be removed.
Those who hold to conspiratorial scribes will lean towards counting omitted text as something that had been tampered with.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No it doesn't actually.
I disagree. I never label folks. I used to when I could not defend my ideas at a time in my life. Now I see less knowledgeable friends do it, and I point out this is their defense mechanism kicking in.
Folks shout “heretic” at each other when baffled theologically.
Catholics are proficient at that especially.

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

groan.gif

Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
(Php 2:5-8)

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
groan.gif

Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
(Php 2:5-8)
God thought it not robbery to be equal with God etc?

Reactions: DNB

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Those who hold to the explanation of scribal zeal will lean towards counting additional text as something that needs to be removed.
Those who hold to conspiratorial scribes will lean towards counting omitted text as something that had been tampered with.
Well you can't sit on the fence in this matter. And there is no conspiracy *theory*. The evidence is there for all to see. Please do a careful comparison between the Textus Receptus and the Critical Text (W & H, Nestle, Nestle-Aland, whatever). When there are thousands of changes and hundred of changes affecting doctrine, you must sit up and take notice.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well you can't sit on the fence in this matter. And there is no conspiracy *theory*. The evidence is there for all to see. Please do a careful comparison between the Textus Receptus and the Critical Text (W & H, Nestle, Nestle-Aland, whatever). When there are thousands of changes and hundred of changes affecting doctrine, you must sit up and take notice.
Name one that ACTUALLY impacts doctrine.