Are Jehovah's witnesses real Christians?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Philippians 2:6
-who being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God.
-

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not so. You are playing word games.

Here, you acknowledge that Ron said "point blank" that Jesus was not created. And you ask the question, "Is not the faithful and true witness Jesus?" To which Ron answered,

Answering, Yes, He is (the true witness). You already know Ron said "point blank" that Jesus was not created.

Yet you reply,

Word games. Vanity.

@Ronald Nolette

Much love!
Hence you have the reason I said:
Robert Gwin said:
Great! So how is he created Ron?
Anything else sir?

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
On sundays we get a local needs talk, then the watchtower study. Worldwide the JW,s get the same spiritual feeding in over 800 languages by using the watchtower. Keeps us unified in thought-1Cor 1:10.

Well for us true followers of Jesus, we are unified in thought by the power and grace given through the Holy Spirit. We do not need a hierarchy telling us what to study outside of Scripture.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Robert Gwin said:
Please reread the conversation Marks,
Ronald Nolette said:

Yes He is but not in the way the Watchtower falsely teaches

Ron himself stated he is created, but not in the way the Watchtower believes."

Now you lie about my words again Rubart! I never said Jesus was created. I said He is the faithful and true witness but not in the way the Watchtower teaches- which is that He is the first created being- Which He is not!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If one reads 1 Cor 6:9-11= a list of unacceptable sins, it clearly states--this is what some of you were= past tense--those turned around and stopped doing the sin. If they continued it says--Will not enter Gods kingdom.

You say that because of ignorance of Gods Word and over knowledge of Watchtower teaching. Sin is no longer the issue. When one trusts in the death and physical resurrection of Jesus-all their sins, past, present and future are put on Jesus' account and Jesus' righteousness is put on their account! God sees us as perfect as He is perfecting us in practice.

If you bothered to study the greek you would know better! But unless Watchtower Central permits it- you are forbidden from independnet study.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well for us true followers of Jesus, we are unified in thought by the power and grace given through the Holy Spirit. We do not need a hierarchy telling us what to study outside of Scripture.
Funny, Jesus appointed his apostles as the governing body, they in turn trained others to take the lead. Matt 24:45 are the ones Jesus appointed here in these last days. Its through them truth is revealed at the proper time.

Reactions: Aunty Jane

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You say that because of ignorance of Gods Word and over knowledge of Watchtower teaching. Sin is no longer the issue. When one trusts in the death and physical resurrection of Jesus-all their sins, past, present and future are put on Jesus' account and Jesus' righteousness is put on their account! God sees us as perfect as He is perfecting us in practice.

If you bothered to study the greek you would know better! But unless Watchtower Central permits it- you are forbidden from independnet study.
Jesus teaches the opposite of you at Matt 7:22-23 a worker of iniquity= one who practices a sin. Hebrews 10:26 assures--No sacrifice left for any who practice a sin. I sure hope none listen to you.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 3:14 John the Apostle who is an eye witnesses to Jesus Christ's ressurection from the dead, wrote the book of Revelation.

It is an unscriptual title to call oneself a Jehovahs witness today. We must speak as the Bible speaks, 1Peter 4:11. The only folks in Bible days that said they were witnesses of Jesus' ressurection were the apostles. You cannot find them ever referring to themselves as Jehovahs witnesses.
You only find the apostles referring to themselves as children, christians, brothers in Christ etc. Never Jehovahs witnesses.

To call one self a Jehovahs witness is not a title first century christians ever used of themselves.
It is only in recent times is this description of a religious group use this as their identity.
They called themselves Christians.

Hebrews 12:1-2 is not scriptural evidence of christians referring to each other as "Jehovahs witnesses".

Hebrews 12:1-2
-Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of  witnesses, let us lay aside every weight and the sin which doth so easily beset us and let us run with patience the race that is easily set before us.

The writer of Hebrews phrase "a cloud of witnesses" is speaking figuratively of christians running a race that can be very lonely struggle and run this race for Jesus.
The "cloud of witnesses " are those christians that have gone on before us as the 11th chapter of Hebrews speaks about. These christians are physically dead. Examples in Hebrews 11 of those of faith(cloud of witnesses) are: Abel, Enoch, Noah, Abraham, Sara, Isaac, Jacob, Joseph, Moses, Rahab, Gedeon, Barak, Samson, Jephthea, David, Samuel, the prophets. They are now with Christ in the after life. They are figuratively spoken of as being "spectators in our race" giving us comfort we are not the only saints struggling with the race that we must complete. Yes, the cloud of witnesses are witnesses to Christ for they are with Christ! Not one Bible passage refers to living christians on earth as Jehovahs witnesses. Except for the apostles being the only that qualified as eye witnesses, Acts 1:22.

1Corinthians 8:5-6
-but to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things and we in Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by Him.

Jesus is man and God, depending on the context of said passage, the scriptures can refer to Him in His flesh or as in His true form i.e. Gods only Son. John 1:1-3, proves Jesus is in the God-head.

Jesus worked on the earth, took the form of man, became flesh. This differentiates him from the Father and from the Holy Spirit.

Jesus is equal to His Father, when He is not in the flesh,
Hebrews 1:4 shows the change from Jesus in His true person contrasted with Jesus in the flesh, Man in Hebrews 2:9,

Hebrews 1:4
-having become so much better than the Angel's as Jesus by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they. Jesus is no longer flesh, He is greater than the angels.

Now Jesus in the flesh as Man,

Hebrews 2:9,
-but we see Jesus who was made a little lower than the Angel's for the suffering of death crowed with glory and honor that He, by the grace of God, might taste death for everyone.

Jesus is in fact equal to His Father but not when He was in the flesh.

In Hebrews 1:8 it is said of Jesus He is God,
-But to the Son He says: Your throne, O GOD is forever and ever; A scepter of righteousness is the scepter of YOUR KINGDOM. Therefore God, Your God, has anointed you with the oil of gladness more than Your companions.

Jesus is clearly spoken of by the writer of Hebrews as God.
Hebrews 1:8 is showing God is Jesus' God----companions = angels. As verse 4 brings out. Jesus would be equal to the angels if he didnt inherit a name above theirs. Psalm 45:7--Jesus has a God----partners= angels.

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hebrews 1:8 is showing God is Jesus' God----companions = angels. As verse 4 brings out. Jesus would be equal to the angels if he didnt inherit a name above theirs. Psalm 45:7--Jesus has a God----partners= angels.
Hebrews 1:8 Jesus is the subject. but to the Son He says... who is He? He is God. Continue, Your throne, O God, is forever and ever.... Who is God speaking to? READ THE VERSE, but to the Son, God says: The 1st. Chapter of Hebrews is ALL About Jesus!!! God says Your throne O God, is forever. Who's throne? Who is the subject? Why a 2nd grade English teacher will tell you it is Jesus! I know you must deny simple to understand scriptures because your Church denies the Holy Bible and replaces the revelation of the Holy Spirit with a man centered doctrine originating in America.

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess you intentionally ignored where the Holy Spirit makes it clear Jesus is greater than the angels,
Hebrews 1:3-4
-...when Jesus had purged our sins, sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high,
having become so much better than the angels...
The angels WORSHIP Jesus,
Hebrews 1:6
-...Let all the angels of God worship Him.
The Bible teaches no angels, no man, no created being is worthy of worship by men.
It is idolatry to worship anything or anyone but God!!!
Therefore Jesus deserves our worship even the angels worship Him because He is God!

John 20:28-29
-And Thomas answered and said to Jesus, my Lord and my God!
-Jesus said to him, Thomas because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hebrews 1:8 Jesus is the subject. but to the Son He says... who is He? He is God. Continue, Your throne, O God, is forever and ever.... Who is God speaking to? READ THE VERSE, but to the Son, God says: The 1st. Chapter of Hebrews is ALL About Jesus!!! God says Your throne O God, is forever. Who's throne? Who is the subject? Why a 2nd grade English teacher will tell you it is Jesus! I know you must deny simple to understand scriptures because your Church denies the Holy Bible and replaces the revelation of the Holy Spirit with a man centered doctrine originating in America.

Only in error filled translations is it written how you have it. My post prior proves that is fact. The bible doesnt teach 2 different truths, trinity bibles do.
Catholicism translators put worship to Jesus in the Greek Lexicons--The facts prove it is error
The Greek word= Proskenaue( spelled wrong)--It translates to bow and kiss the feet. Translates from Greek to English, 5 different meanings-1) worship to God--2) obeisance to a king--3) honor to a judge, plus 2 others. The Israelites knew 100% the Messiah has a God-Psalm 45:7-- but Catholicism has them bowing in worship to Jesus when they really bowed in obesiance to Gods appointed king, they would never give worship to one who has a God, God does not have a God. Thus its the same for the angels=obesiance.
Catholicism translators by satans will, put many errors in trinity bibles to fit false council teachings, the protestants used Catholicism translating to make their bibles. No originals were left by then.

Last edited:

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess you intentionally ignored where the Holy Spirit makes it clear Jesus is greater than the angels,
Hebrews 1:3-4
-...when Jesus had purged our sins, sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high,
having become so much better than the angels...
The angels WORSHIP Jesus,
Hebrews 1:6
-...Let all the angels of God worship Him.
The Bible teaches no angels, no man, no created being is worthy of worship by men.
It is idolatry to worship anything or anyone but God!!!
Therefore Jesus deserves our worship even the angels worship Him because He is God!

John 20:28-29
-And Thomas answered and said to Jesus, my Lord and my God!
-Jesus said to him, Thomas because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.
All who can understand english for themselves can clearly see without inheriting his name, Jesus is equal to the angels. In verse 4.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
True Christians go to Jehovah's mountain for instruction, Isa 2:2,3 He has always gathered His people sir, and that is still a requirement Heb 10:24,25. Are you aware that several of the NT books are letters to congregations Ron? Jehovah's people congregate.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So why did you ask that? Never mind. I know I'm not going to get a straight answer from you. You demonstrate that fully.
Since Ron stated Jesus was created, but not in the way I thought he was, I asked: So how is he created Ron?
I don't think that is too hard to understand, do you Marks? Why would you even ask something like that anyway, I seriously doubt you can answer for Ron, so what is your motivation for becoming involved in our conversation?

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Funny, Jesus appointed his apostles as the governing body, they in turn trained others to take the lead. Matt 24:45 are the ones Jesus appointed here in these last days. Its through them truth is revealed at the proper time.

Yes Jesus appointed the apostles to lead and then to train others. But He did not create a denomoination.

And your governing body is not teaching the truths taught by Jesus and passed down by the Apostles.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus teaches the opposite of you at Matt 7:22-23 a worker of iniquity= one who practices a sin. Hebrews 10:26 assures--No sacrifice left for any who practice a sin. I sure hope none listen to you.

And you ignore to your peril, that those workers of iniquity were NEVER known by Jesus. And Hebrews 10:26 is speaking about a specific sin. If you kept passages in their context- you would know that.

You serve a man made God who will woo a person to salvation, but toss them aside if they are imperfect.

Jesus told Peter to forgive His neighbor 70X7 in a day, but you teach that God will not forgive that much!

I am glad thousands have listened to me and been set free from the lie the Watchtower has indoctrinated you in.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
True Christians go to Jehovah's mountain for instruction, Isa 2:2,3 He has always gathered His people sir, and that is still a requirement Heb 10:24,25. Are you aware that several of the NT books are letters to congregations Ron? Jehovah's people congregate.

Not Jehovahs, but followers of Jesus! And yes it is the local independent church that people go to.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes Jesus appointed the apostles to lead and then to train others. But He did not create a denomoination.

And your governing body is not teaching the truths taught by Jesus and passed down by the Apostles.

Jesus teaches he has a God, his Father-John 20:17, as did his appointed teachers-Coll 1:3, Eph 1:13,17--1Peter 1:3--- as do his appointed teachers today. Its not to hard to see. It takes believing Jesus. John 17:3--This means eternal life, their knowing you( Father) THE ONLY TRUE GOD and the one whom you sent forth Christ Jesus. Again Jesus teaches the Father is the only true God and the only true God sent another named Jesus as a mortal, God did not come down here and let mortals kill him. It takes believing Jesus--all his real followers do.

Status
Not open for further replies.