Are Pastors Teaching a Watered-Down Gospel?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here's the problem. You do not need to chose what you experience. If you experience Christ, you do not need to chose to believe in him any more than you need to chose to believe you exist. Those who need to choose to believe are either deceived or do not know and experience him personally.
Honestly, everything that Jane_doe says, you are there with a dig - we know where you stand, we know you don't approve, we know as we have heard it over and over again.
Rita

Do you recognize Mormonism is a cult and that she is trying to paint herself as biblical Christian?

B

Butterfly

My comment was not about Mormonism, it was about your constant 'reminders ' of the same thing.
I have my views and opinions on the subject, as I do with many things that are posted, but I pick and choose what I debate.
Rita

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not sure that would work, CL clearly would not class Jane_doe as a brother or sister ( not sure if you are a man or women jane_doe, I believe that name simply means ' unidentified ' !! )
There was a post earlier where he simply conveyed that they should not be here ' as this was a Christian forum '
I just get fed up with the digs - it's like a witch hunt , but that is just my opinion X
Jane_doe seems quite capable of handling it , but I just felt the need to say something.
We are all adults, this is a meeting place - we should all be able to come here and chat without it constantly being a ' your wrong ' ' I'm right ' conversation. I like Jane_doe being around X
Rita
I didn't see where CI posted - I don't want to see Jane_Doe be made to feel uncomfortable because I've felt what she must be feeling. I think if they want to talk and CI wants to explain what he wants to share and Jane_Doe is willing to listen they should do it privately. Would that work for you both? So many Christians hurt one another - I saw it in every church and on every forum, with some being worse than others. I wonder how God feels about it.

If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen? 1 John 4:20
I've tried talking to CI many times, he doesn't care and just wants to spam hate about how I have two heads and three noses, and how I need to cut off my third nose to be be saved. It's just like he treats many other people on here. Frankly, CI blind vendettas (and habitual forum rule breaking) is CI's problem, and no one elses.

The "ignore" button is a wonderful feature. He doesn't bother me at all.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I've tried talking to CI many times, he doesn't care and just wants to spam hate about how I have two heads and three noses, and how I need to cut off my third nose to be be saved. It's just like he treats many other people on here. Frankly, CI blind vendettas (and habitual forum rule breaking) is CI's problem, and no one elses.

The "ignore" button is a wonderful feature. He doesn't bother me at all.
"We're not worthy" always ends up meaning "You're not worthy," huh

pardon the non-seqitur, proceeding from an earlier post today :)

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Do you recognize Mormonism is a cult and that she is trying to paint herself as biblical Christian?
I guess this "cult" thing has gotten quite out of control now, "Cult" does not mean "bad," at least until some judgemental person gets into it I guess. See how you infer that you ar somehow not in a cult when you do that? Announce that you are deceived iow? No offense meant, but I mean pls.
How many might become Mormon today after reading your exchange, I wonder?
:D

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
SovereignGrace -

You begin an OP about Pastors preaching...
After Blaming Evanglists for your lack of Scriptural Knowledge...
You Then go off on a Long Rant of Gossip Against others "as if " You are personally privy to the Private lives of people you do not personally know.

You have created several bash Trump OP's, so, why are you not sticking to your own OP about Pastors Church Preaching?

Glory to God,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's a shame they're allowed on TV to mislead.

Why? Doesn't the Lord Himself ALLOW satan to mislead?

Doesn't the Lord Himself TEACH to follow Him?

Doesn't the Lord Himself TEACH to make your own CHOICE of whom you CHOOSE to follow?

When you follow whom you Choose, You are responsible for your Choices, just like everyone else.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: Nancy and Willie T

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sovereign grace if you had a problem with my post on the other thread then you should have said something to me then. You could be right about the double standards, but I am afraid we are all capable of it, including you. On forum life it is just not easy to remember every single post and every single thing that you say. Sometimes we feel the need to say something, sometimes someone else says something , sometimes we just sit back.
There are many posts I do not agree with, many things that go on that I choose to add to, but many I choose to not speak up about.
I cannot comment of all that has gone on with Grace and Willie, In this case you are right about the double standards, I apologise if it caused you hurt or an issue- I stand corrected.
However i do not appreciate being told ' i hope in future that you be careful about intervening ' you can hold me to account, as we all can with one another, but it doesn't mean that you can dictate or be condescending, as that is how that sentence came across !
Rita

Butterfly - I was trying to stop the ungodly exchange on that thread and shut it down so I stopped posting on it. And I could not have remarked about your double standard then because you just applied a double standard here on this thread by admonishing Core Issue when you told my husband and Bobby Jo that I was perfectly capable of defending myself. I thought that you came across as judgmental - setting yourself up as my husband's and Bobby Jo's judge.

You just immediately deflected and pointed the finger at me - a common defense mechanism that you can read about below. We are all full of guile and have a well of defense mechanisms that we pull out and use at opportune times. It is why Scripture says that "the heart is desperately wicked and deceitful, who can know it?" I am fully aware that I am a sinner but I did nothing wrong to you, Willie, or Helen. Your words hurt because I had two ungodly "Christians" on here sinning openly and following me and attacking me. If anything I thought that you should have admonished their behavior, not Bobby Jo's and my husbands reaction to their attacks on me.

My intention was not to sound condescending; I wanted you to realize that your words against my husband and Bobby Jo stung when you said not a word about Helen and Willie's sinful attacks. Bobby Jo was the only one who acted with any integrity. Willie kept goading and even made a nasty crack and brought my husband into it - so I let my husband respond to him, and my husband's words were justified 100% because Willie was being very aggressive. No one should come on a "Christian" forum and be abused over and over and over when I did nothing to them. If someone doesn't know the full story about whats going on in a situation it's better to stay out of it because you can make things worse - that was what I was trying to get across. That applies to me and everyone else.

"A person who is passing by and meddles in a quarrel that's not his is like one who grabs a dog by the ears." Proverbs 26:17

“It is foolish to belittle a neighbor; a person with good sense remains silent.” Proverbs 11:12

I appreciate your apology - it takes someone with courage to admit a wrong. I think that all of us should measure our words, especially in a volatile situation. We all have feelings that can be hurt. I almost left because of that - it ceased to be a blessing coming here. Those kind of raucous exchanges are of the world not of God.

I hope that we can move past this. In spite of all that went on I see good in you, in Helen, and in Willie. It is my prayer that we can put aside the bad and focus on building one another up, especially since the days ahead look like they're going to grow worse as predicted in Scripture.

"Wherefore laying aside all malice, and all guile, and hypocrisies, and envies, and all evil speakings." - 1 Peter 2:1

"For he that will love life, and see good days, let him refrain his tongue from evil, and his lips that they speak no guile." 1 Peter 3:10

Deflection (The Coping Mechanism From Hell)

To deflect something is to cause that thing to change direction by interposing something. This turns it off of its straight course in another direction, even back in the original direction it came from. The best way to imagine this is to think of animation that involves laser beams. If one character shoots a laser beam at another character and he picks up his shield, the laser beam is deflected off in another direction, or ricochets back towards the one who shot it. This may be a good defense tactic when it comes to laser beams. But what if the “something” that is being sent in your direction is a plea or a piece of information that you have to take very seriously. Or even an opportunity for you to see yourself clearly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I think that we have to be aware of the work of the evil one. We can recognize his footsteps in different postings on here in different people. I'm guarded when certain people post. I was reading about it yesterday how Satan entered Judas. There is no indication that Judas was a Christian but I believe that Satan can and does work through Christians - I've seen it. I hope to get into a study of "religious spirits."

In peace,
SG

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
SovereignGrace -

You begin an OP about Pastors preaching...
After Blaming Evanglists for your lack of Scriptural Knowledge...
You Then go off on a Long Rant of Gossip Against others "as if " You are personally privy to the Private lives of people you do not personally know.

You have created several bash Trump OP's, so, why are you not sticking to your own OP about Pastors Church Preaching?

Glory to God,
Taken

I watched you attack several people on here. I'm not responding to you or your sock account.

Last edited:
B

Butterfly

Butterfly - I was trying to stop the ungodly exchange on that thread and shut it down so I stopped posting on it. And I could not have remarked about your double standard then because you just applied a double standard here on this thread by admonishing Core Issue when you told my husband and Bobby Jo that I was perfectly capable of defending myself. I thought that you came across as judgmental - setting yourself up as my husband's and Bobby Jo's judge.

You just immediately deflected and pointed the finger at me - a common defense mechanism that you can read about below. We are all full of guile and have a well of defense mechanisms that we pull out and use at opportune times. It is why Scripture says that "the heart is desperately wicked and deceitful, who can know it?" I am fully aware that I am a sinner but I did nothing wrong to you, Willie, or Helen. Your words hurt because I had two ungodly "Christians" on here sinning openly and following me and attacking me. If anything I thought that you should have admonished their behavior, not Bobby Jo's and my husbands reaction to their attacks on me.

My intention was not to sound condescending; I wanted you to realize that your words against my husband and Bobby Jo stung when you said not a word about Helen and Willie's sinful attacks. Bobby Jo was the only one who acted with any integrity. Willie kept goading and even made a nasty crack and brought my husband into it - so I let my husband respond to him, and my husband's words were justified 100% because Willie was being very aggressive. No one should come on a "Christian" forum and be abused over and over and over when I did nothing to them. If someone doesn't know the full story about whats going on in a situation it's better to stay out of it because you can make things worse - that was what I was trying to get across. That applies to me and everyone else.

"A person who is passing by and meddles in a quarrel that's not his is like one who grabs a dog by the ears." Proverbs 26:17

“It is foolish to belittle a neighbor; a person with good sense remains silent.” Proverbs 11:12

I appreciate your apology - it takes someone with courage to admit a wrong. I think that all of us should measure our words, especially in a volatile situation. We all have feelings that can be hurt. I almost left because of that - it ceased to be a blessing coming here. Those kind of raucous exchanges are of the world not of God.

I hope that we can move past this. In spite of all that went on I see good in you, in Helen, and in Willie. It is my prayer that we can put aside the bad and focus on building one another up, especially since the days ahead look like they're going to grow worse as predicted in Scripture.

"Wherefore laying aside all malice, and all guile, and hypocrisies, and envies, and all evil speakings." - 1 Peter 2:1

"For he that will love life, and see good days, let him refrain his tongue from evil, and his lips that they speak no guile." 1 Peter 3:10

Deflection (The Coping Mechanism From Hell)

To deflect something is to cause that thing to change direction by interposing something. This turns it off of its straight course in another direction, even back in the original direction it came from. The best way to imagine this is to think of animation that involves laser beams. If one character shoots a laser beam at another character and he picks up his shield, the laser beam is deflected off in another direction, or ricochets back towards the one who shot it. This may be a good defense tactic when it comes to laser beams. But what if the “something” that is being sent in your direction is a plea or a piece of information that you have to take very seriously. Or even an opportunity for you to see yourself clearly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In peace,
SG
You could have easily messaged me privately - I would have listened. So please do not say you couldn't have done anything. You made your point yesterday, I apologised. Sometimes we may not mean to convey something in a certain way, but it can be read differently that's the problem with this kind of communication. You don't need to repeat yourself with regards to what you were endeavouring to do, or presume why I added things yesterday - you can make your accusations and presume I was deflecting, but you could equally be doing the same. For that reason I am not going to add anything else.
Rita

Reactions: amadeus and Nancy

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You could have easily messaged me privately - I would have listened. So please do not say you couldn't have done anything. You made your point yesterday, I apologised. Sometimes we may not mean to convey something in a certain way, but it can be read differently that's the problem with this kind of communication. You don't need to repeat yourself with regards to what you were endeavouring to do, or presume why I added things yesterday - you can make your accusations and presume I was deflecting, but you could equally be doing the same. For that reason I am not going to add anything else.
Rita

You could have easily messaged me privately as well when you intervened yet you publicly chastised my husband and Bobby Jo. I think that it's best to drop this here. I hope that we can move beyond this to truly reflect the high calling to which we have been called. I think that feelings are hurt and it's best to allow time to pass so I'm done right here.

"The beginning of strife is as when one letteth out water: therefore leave off contention, before it be meddled with." - Proverbs 17:14

In love,
SG

B

Butterfly

See what I mean about deflecting, I challenged you because you said you could not address the issue with me , at the time of my posting on that thread I didn't actually realise I had created a problem for you, or that I was meddling -I realised it yesterday when you challenged me about it, so why would I have messaged you - you however did have a problem with what I had done, so therefore the responsibility lay at your doorstep , for goodness sake , you need to take things on board as well sovereign grace.
Rita

Reactions: Nancy and Taken

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See what I mean about deflecting, I challenged you because you said you could not address the issue with me , at the time of my posting on that thread I didn't actually realise I had created a problem for you, or that I was meddling -I realised it yesterday when you challenged me about it, so why would I have messaged you - you however did have a problem with what I had done, so therefore the responsibility lay at your doorstep , for goodness sake , you need to take things on board as well sovereign grace.
Rita

Butterfly - you are reacting with defensiveness. I was the one who told you about your deflecting. You could have messaged me privately when you disagreed with my husband's post yet you did it publicly. Yet now you cry foul when I tell you publicly that you are being duplicitous! This is going to lead to nowhere good. I'm not discussing this with you again or responding again. Let time pass.

B

Butterfly

Oh for crying out loud, I just said that I didn't see anything wrong in what I did on the other thread until yesterday - so posting publically was an option I chose at the time to address the issue, of course I could have done it privately, but I didn't. It doesnt alter the fact that you could have equally chosen a different way to deal with it.
I wasnt saying I was right and you were wrong, I was saying we were both in the wrong !
Still enough said
Rita

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Oh for crying out loud, I just said that I didn't see anything wrong in what I did on the other thread until yesterday - so posting publically was an option I chose at the time to address the issue, of course I could have done it privately, but I didn't. It doesnt alter the fact that you could have equally chosen a different way to deal with it.
I wasnt saying I was right and you were wrong, I was saying we were both in the wrong !
Still enough said
Rita
why give pearls to swine imo

B

Butterfly

Do you know what, I have never understood that verse - what does it actually mean!!
( I am old and a bit thick ! Lol )

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you know what, I have never understood that verse - what does it actually mean!!
( I am old and a bit thick ! Lol )

Try this translation:

Proverbs 17:14 Revised Standard Version Catholic Edition (RSVCE)
14 The beginning of strife is like letting out water;
so quit before the quarrel breaks out.

The meaning is simple. It begins with a few trips but increases to a hard flow.

B

Butterfly

Thank you,but I meant the verse about giving pearls to swine x