Are Protestants "saved? "

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Show us that. Sounds unlikely, seeing as the Church considers Freemasonry a different religion...

The Catholic Church first prohibited Catholics from membership in Masonic organizations and other secret societies in 1738. Since then, at least eleven popes have made pronouncements about the incompatibility of Catholic doctrines and Freemasonry.[1] From 1738 until 1983, Catholics who publicly associated with, or publicly supported, Masonic organizations were censured with automatic excommunication.[2] Since 1983, the prohibition on membership exists in a different form.[3][2][4] Although there was some confusion about membership following the 1965 Second Vatican Council (Vatican II), the Church continues to prohibit membership in Freemasonry because it concluded that Masonic principles and rituals are irreconcilable with Catholic doctrines. The current norm, the 1983 Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith's (CDF) Declaration on Masonic associations, states that "faithful who enroll in Masonic associations are in a state of grave sin and may not receive Holy Communion" and membership in Masonic associations is prohibited.[6] The most recent CDF document about the "incompatibility of Freemasonry with the Catholic faith" was issued in 1985.
Papal ban of Freemasonry - Wikipedia
Oh I know what the RCC position is on it all. but I can see the Popes works are typically Freemason worldly dribble.
I understand Freemasonry and I hear Pope Francis spinning the same deal, worldly works !
The Jesuits are the biggest bunch of a holes in the RCC by far, I am a Franciscan and we got rid of such criminal bastards once in history but they crept back in, the mongrels. but sadly the Franciscan order has been bastardised as well now because they do not truly regard Saint Francis at all.
I thought oh good when this Pope called himself Francis, then I was totally disappointed with him because he is nothing to do with anything to do with Saint Francis at all. this Devil uses his name just as the devil would do.

Many a Freemason is in the RCC nowadays, I know they are because I personally know they are in it and if they are Jesuits well most Jesuits are Freemasons nowadays.

All Freemasons are totally anti True Roman Catholic, I have mates who are Freemasons and we argue, but their is no way that one can convince a Freemason that they are barking up the wrong tree, nor will they bother listen to anything I have to put forward and it is because they are worldly, so there is no point in casting pearls before them.

What True Pope gets into bed with bastards like Islam, really that should set off alarm bells. not to mention that the true faith in Jesus Christ in the RCC is so low nowadays that they will not stand up for anything worthy of Jesus Christ, oh abortion to 9 months they have rolled over and gone to sleep on that issue as well and now defending of all degenerates as well, well boy oh boy how the RCC has changed it's spots to suit the trends.

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tin_foil_hat_2.jpg

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Not according to Jesus.

Jesus held up a heretic as a role model for His followers, because the heretic had compassion for others. That's pretty obvious.

Luke 10:36 Which of these three, in thy opinion, was neighbour to him that fell among the robbers? [37] But he said: He that shewed mercy to him. And Jesus said to him: Go, and do thou in like manner.

The lawyer who tried to tempt Jesus, asking "who is my neighbor?" was one of the "holy people" and likely quite angered by Jesus' words.

"Go and do in like manner."

The "holy people" didn't want to accept that; they hated Him before you, so don't be surprised.

If you act as the heretic did, you do. Go and do in like manner. Theology won't save you. A loving heart for God and your neighbor will. And remember who your neighbor is, hear?
holy people ? you claim ?
Taking pity on him was the one who Jesus said of remember?
Now I take pity on all who do not know the Lord Jesus but I do not get into bed with such a one. for they will only work to try and corrupt you.

Look you can try and help another for all you can but if they don't want to abide in Jesus then they are just only using you.

My mum tricks me to come and see her and asks if I can go down to get smokes for her as she only has one packet left, she has a chest infection again, she is in her 80's and hopeless to get this at the shop next door. I said no ! I will not as she has to wake up to herself and stop smoking like a idiot all day long, but she does not want to at all, as this smoking nonsense is the number one thing in her life, nothing comes before them smokes. she lives in a old peoples home because she can not wash her self or cook or do anything much at all.
So am I wrong Yehren.

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So am I wrong Yehren.

Yes you are wrong. Jesus is right:

Luke 10:36 “Which of these three do you think was a neighbor to the man who fell into the hands of robbers?”

37 The expert in the law replied, “The one who had mercy on him.”

Jesus told him, “Go and do likewise.”

Unbelievers are not your enemy, and most of them don't hate you, just as most Christians don't hate them. They are your neighbors, as Jesus pointed out.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Truth is always a great tactic. As you see, the Church's outlook on other faiths is not what you were told it is.
So I shouldn't believe the Catholic Church regards other faiths? Because it is she, not anyone else, that convinced me if her stance on that issue... As well as others. There is no need to reset to anyone else for truth. See below.
Unfortunately, many Catholics don't seem to know as much about their Church as they should. You were one of them.
I certainly was, and now I know better I shall not be returning. It seems you are one of those also. See below.

In medieval times, Catholics, Protestants, and Eastern Orthodox Christians often behaved in ways that were not consistent with their faith in God.
Not just medieval times, and not just behaviour. Policy Yehren. Commitment to policy and coercion to uphold a counterfeit Christian facade. And yes, the Protestants resorted to the same tactic for a time because they had been brought up to believe the same lies and false doctrines of their former Masters... It took time to unlearn... Which is why the Vatican hates the American Republican so much... It is antithetical to papal supremacy. Again, see below.

Many Americans would be surprised to learn that one of the greatest opponents of civil and religious liberty is the Roman Catholic Church.

No one knows about the Roman Catholic hatred of liberty because history textbooks in public schools and colleges have been, for the most part, purged of nearly all things negative about papal Rome’s bloody history. Many Jesuits and other supporters of Catholicism have allegedly joined textbook selection committees in order to censor negative comments about the Roman Catholic Church. Encyclopedias in the USA have also been affected. History has been rewritten so that less and less people know about the true issues that faced the reformers and the true history of the Catholic Church.

Darryl Eberhart of Tackling the Tough Topics newsletter writes this:

Most of our encyclopedias and history textbooks do NOT tell us that the purposeof the attempted invasion of England in 1588 by the Spanish Armada was to land troops in England to be joined by local Roman Catholics in an effort to overthrow the government and bring England, by force, back under the authority of Papal Rome! The Roman Catholic King of Spain (Philip II) wanted financial “compensation” for launching this invasion. And so the Roman pontiff, Pope Sixtus V, promised King Philip II 200,000 crowns as soon as the Spanish Armada had set sail for England, and more cash to follow later. Thus the Papacy was helping to fund the planned invasion of England.

In 1931, Pope Pius XI explained this initiative in his encyclical Quadragesimo Anno:

Under the guidance and in light of Leo’s encyclical was thus evolved a truly Christian social science, which continues to be fostered and enriched daily by the tireless labours of those picked menwhom we have named the auxiliaries of the Church...The doctrine of Rerum Novarum began little by little to penetrate among those who, being outside Catholic unity, do not recognize the authority of the Church; and these Catholic principles of sociology gradually became part of the intellectual heritage of the whole human race...Thus too, we rejoice that the Catholic truths proclaimed so vigorously by our illustrious Predecessor [Leo XIII in 1891’s Rerum Novarum], are advanced and advocated not merely in non-Catholic books and journals, but frequently also in legislative assemblies and in courts of justice” (emphasis added).

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Here are several quotes highlighting the Papacy's aggressive intentions:

Catholic Professor Orestes Brownson, Brownson’s Review (January, 1854): 90:

But is it the intention of the pope to possess this country? Undoubtedly. In this intention is he aided by the Jesuits and all the Catholic prelates and priests? Undoubtedly, if they are faithful to their religion.iii

Hector MacPherson, The Jesuits in History(Edinburgh: Macniven and Wallace, 1914): 52, 85, 100:

...that the Jesuits were actively plotting for the extermination of Protestantism was no fiction of Oates, but a most certain and deadly fact...

At the Reformation the Irish race remained Romanist; and the miseries which came upon it must be in the main traced to the Jesuits, who used Ireland as a factor in their scheme of overthrowing the Protestantism of England and establishing a Roman Catholic dynasty completely under the control of the Papacy.

...wherever the Jesuits went, they placed the worldly prosperity and the political influence of their Order above all religious considerations. In accordance with their secret policy they set themselves to gain influence at Court; and, in order to carry their point, they were willing to countenance assassination, sedition, etc.

Pope John Paul II, in his apostolic letter Ad Tuendam Fidem (May 18, 1998), made bold statements about the need for submission to the Pope on doctrinal issues. He declared that lack of submission was worthy of punishment:

Whoever denies or places in doubt any truth that must be believed with divine and catholic faith, or repudiates the Christian faith as a whole, and does not come to his senses after having been legitimately warned, is to be punished as a heretic...whoever obstinately rejects a teaching that the Roman Pontiff or the College of Bishops, exercising the authentic Magisterium, have set forth to be held definitively, or who affirms what they have condemned as erroneous, and does not retract after having been legitimately warned, is to be punished with an appropriate penalty.

One of the doctrinal issues the Papacy demands submission on is the keeping of Sunday. Pope John Paul II said this, in agreement with Ad Tuendam Fidem:

A person who violates the sanctity of Sunday is to be punished as a heretic.iv

Pope Nicholas I in a letter to the King of Bulgaria in 860 AD:

I glorify you for having maintained your authority by putting to death those wandering sheep who refused to enter the fold; and you not only have not sinned, by showing a holy rigour, but I even congratulate you on having opened the kingdom of heaven to the people submitted to your rule. A king need not fear to command massacres, when these will retain his subjects in obedience, or cause them to submit to the faith of Christ; and God will reward him in this world, and in eternal life, for these murders.

Pope Urban II's address in Clermont, France in November 1095:

If you must have blood, bathe in the blood of infidels. Soldiers of hell, become soldiers of the living God!

Pope Leo VIII, Immortale Dei (November 1, 1885):

The unrestrained freedom of thinking and of openly making known one’s thoughts is not inherent in the rights of citizens and is by no means worthy of favor and support (emphasis added)
Pope Pius IX, Quanta Cura (December 8, 1864):

Which false and perverse opinions [of democracy and individual freedom] are on that ground the more to be detested, because they chiefly tend to this, that that salutary influence be impeded and (even) removed, which the Catholic Church, according to the institution and command of her Divine Author, should freely exercise even to the end of the world -- not only over private individuals, but over nations, peoples, and their sovereign princes; and (tend also) to take away that mutual fellowship and concord of counsels between Church and State which has ever proved itself propitious and salutary, both for religious and civil interests...

From which totally false idea of social government they do not fear to foster that erroneous opinion, most fatal in its effects on the Catholic Church and the salvation of souls, called by Our Predecessor, Gregory XVI, an "insanity,"2 viz., that "liberty of conscience and worship is each man's personal right, which ought to be legally proclaimed and asserted in every rightly constituted society; and that a right resides in the citizens to an absolute liberty, which should be restrained by no authority whether ecclesiastical or civil, whereby they may be able openly and publicly to manifest and declare any of their ideas whatever, either by word of mouth, by the press, or in any other way (emphasis added).

The Syllabus of Errors Condemned by Pope Pius IX (December 8, 1864) lists several statements that the Pope called erroneous. Here are a few statements condemned by Pope Pius IX:

15. Every man is free to embrace and profess that religion which, guided by the light of reason, he shall consider true.

24. The Church has not the power of using force, nor has she any temporal power, direct or indirect.

77. In the present day it is no longer expedient that the Catholic religion should be held as the only religion of the State, to the exclusion of all other forms of worship.

The English Roman Catholic newspaper The Rambler (September 1852):

Shall I hold out hopes to the Protestant that I will not meddle with his creed, if he will not meddle with mine? Shall I lead him to think that religion is a matter for private opinion, and tempt him to forget that he has no more right to his religious views than he has to my purse, or my house, or my life blood? No! Catholicism is the most intolerant of creeds. It is intolerance itself, for it is the truth itself. We might as rationally maintain that two and two does not make four as the theory of Religious Liberty. Its impiety is only equaled by its absurdity.”

Catholic World (August 1871): 735:

We do not accept it [i.e., the Constitutional Republic of the United States of America], or hold it to be any government at all…If the American Republic is to be sustained and preserved at all, it must be by the rejection of the principle of the [Protestant] Reformation, and the acceptance of the Catholic principle...

"Faith," The Catechism of the Catholic Church (Liguori Publications, 1994): 507:

Heresy is the obstinate post-baptismal denial of some truth which must be believed with divine and catholic faith or it is likewise an obstinate doubt concerning the same;.... schism is the refusal of submission to the Roman Pontiff or of communion wiht the members of the Church subject to him.

Civilta Cattolica (House organ of the Jesuits):

Fascism is the regime that corresponds most closely to the concepts of the Church of Rome

Pope Pius IX, Quanta Cura (December 8, 1864):

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Which false and perverse opinions [of democracy and individual freedom] are on that ground the more to be detested, because they chiefly tend to this, that that salutary influence be impeded and (even) removed, which the Catholic Church, according to the institution and command of her Divine Author, should freely exercise even to the end of the world -- not only over private individuals, but over nations, peoples, and their sovereign princes; and (tend also) to take away that mutual fellowship and concord of counsels between Church and State which has ever proved itself propitious and salutary, both for religious and civil interests...

From which totally false idea of social government they do not fear to foster that erroneous opinion, most fatal in its effects on the Catholic Church and the salvation of souls, called by Our Predecessor, Gregory XVI, an "insanity,"2 viz., that "liberty of conscience and worship is each man's personal right, which ought to be legally proclaimed and asserted in every rightly constituted society; and that a right resides in the citizens to an absolute liberty, which should be restrained by no authority whether ecclesiastical or civil, whereby they may be able openly and publicly to manifest and declare any of their ideas whatever, either by word of mouth, by the press, or in any other way (emphasis added).

The English Roman Catholic newspaper The Rambler (September 1852):

Shall I hold out hopes to the Protestant that I will not meddle with his creed, if he will not meddle with mine? Shall I lead him to think that religion is a matter for private opinion, and tempt him to forget that he has no more right to his religious views than he has to my purse, or my house, or my life blood? No! Catholicism is the most intolerant of creeds. It is intolerance itself, for it is the truth itself. We might as rationally maintain that two and two does not make four as the theory of Religious Liberty. Its impiety is only equaled by its absurdity.”

Catholic World (August 1871): 735:

We do not accept it [i.e., the Constitutional Republic of the United States of America], or hold it to be any government at all…If the American Republic is to be sustained and preserved at all, it must be by the rejection of the principle of the [Protestant] Reformation, and the acceptance of the Catholic principle...

"Faith," The Catechism of the Catholic Church (Liguori Publications, 1994): 507:

Heresy is the obstinate post-baptismal denial of some truth which must be believed with divine and catholic faith or it is likewise an obstinate doubt concerning the same;.... schism is the refusal of submission to the Roman Pontiff or of communion wiht the members of the Church subject to him.

Civilta Cattolica (House organ of the Jesuits):

Fascism is the regime that corresponds most closely to the concepts of the Church of Rome.

Western Watchman (A Roman Catholic publication out of St. Louis):

The [Roman Catholic] church has persecuted. Only a tyro [i.e., novice] in church history will deny that…one hundred and fifty years after [Roman Emperor] Constantine, the Donatists were persecuted and sometimes put to death…Protestants were persecuted in France and Spain with the full approval of the [Roman Catholic] church authorities…When she [i.e., the Roman Catholic Church] thinks it good to use physical force, she will use it.”

Protestantism is not a religion...never was a religion. The most that could be said about it was that it was a form of rape and robbery masquerading as a religion.

Have not the popes publicly and repeatedly anathematized the sacred principle of Liberty of Conscience? Have they not boldly said, in the teeth of the nations of Europe, that Liberty of Conscience must be destroyed – killed at any cost? Has not the whole world heard the sentence of death to liberty coming from the lips of the old man of the Vatican?”

Catholic Encyclopedia volume 14 (1911): 767-768:

There is no graver offense than heresy... and therefore it must be rooted out with fire and sword.

David Hunt, A Woman Rides the Beast (Harvest House, 1994): 126:

The Constitution of the United States was condemned by the Papacy because it separated church and state and prohibited the establishment of any religion by the government. The popes, on the other hand, had long required governments to make Roman Catholicism the official religion and to prohibit the practice of any other.

Dr. William P. Grady:

During a sermon in 1850, [Roman Catholic] Archbishop John Hughes of New York, the nation’s leading Vatican spokesman, acknowledged that a conspiracy to subjugate free America did exist after all. The Catholic press was ecstatic. An excerpt from ‘Shepherd of the Valley’, the official journal of the [Roman Catholic] Bishop of St. Louis, declared, ‘If Catholics ever gain a sufficient numerical majority in this country, religious freedom is at an end. So our enemies say, so we believe.’ [Catholic Archbishop] Hughes’ own paper, the ‘New York Freeman’ brazenly announced, ‘No man has a right to choose his religion.’

Bill Hughes, The Secret Terrorists (Truth Triumphant Ministries): 138:

For over 200 years, the goal [of the Jesuits] has been the complete destruction of the United States Constitution…In the religious arena, the goal of the Jesuits is to wipe out any trace of Protestantism and other religions, and to restore worldwide domination by the pope.

Darryl Eberhart, "The Papacy's Hatred of Liberty," Tackling the Tough Topics:

...the Papacy, despite its “ecumenical rhetoric”, has not changed a bit over the many centuries in the following categories:

* Its deep hatred of Jews, all independent Bible-believing Christians, Protestants, and Orthodox Christians (as recently as the 1940s we find Roman Catholic Ustashi military units in Croatia, led and urged on by Franciscan priests, monks, and friars, slaughtering from 600,000 to one million innocent Serb Orthodox Christian men, women, elderly, and children – many of the victims being first brutally tortured);
* Its long-held dream to bring all Christians under its monopolistic, totalitarian, ecclesiastical control;
* Its long-held dream to head up a totalitarian one-world religious organization; and,
* Its long-held dream to bring all world leaders – especially those in “Christian” countries – under the temporal power of the pope.

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If some people loved God half as much as they hate His Church, wouldn't that be wonderful?

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
If some people loved God half as much as they hate His Church, wouldn't that be wonderful?
It is not hate to call a church out as a fraud when it teaches false doctrine and its clergy wearing fancy hats and robes and calling themselves "Your Grace" to deceive people in thinking they have some superior spiritual authority than the common "herd".

Reactions: mailmandan

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yes you are wrong. Jesus is right:

Luke 10:36 “Which of these three do you think was a neighbor to the man who fell into the hands of robbers?”

37 The expert in the law replied, “The one who had mercy on him.”

Jesus told him, “Go and do likewise.”

Unbelievers are not your enemy, and most of them don't hate you, just as most Christians don't hate them. They are your neighbors, as Jesus pointed out.
You must live a pampered life, work a government Job do we Yahren.
You should of worked for yourself and you would find that around half the people will try to rip you off for their own gain and could not give two hoots about anyone they rip off or some be it their wife children mum or dad you name it, I have seen it all.
How Old are you 20yo ?
Look I have a Christian mate up the road and he says that he will take anything that is going his way regardless, typical prot.

Look I know that I may trust the person but I don't trust the devil inside them, they will see opportunity and run with it if they can.
Look at any person who goes to gamble be it the casino or down the pub, they are all fools, you have to ask yourself why is it that such do something so evil, they are possessed by a demon that can not be trusted.
Ever dealt with a drug addict yehren trust a drug addict ? it's the same with any one who is not born again they are lost, you never see a truly born again that is into drugs or gambling because they know that such is a grave Sin.
You ever seen people who will go out of their way to drag their mates or brothers down for getting a job ? I seen this with all the blacks that I knew when they left school, I tried to encourage them to come to work, 3 days was all you could get as he others had plot against them and effects whites as well with spite or due to a inferiority complex that drives a fool because he is a carnal beast that is under the power of this world. I know that fact, hell even my elder brother would have a fit of rage if I did better than him.

I have never meet any carnal person who knew truly what Love was as their concept is only carnal dribble, they are a sad sack because they do not know Jesus Christ, for Jesus Christ is true Love, not carnal love ? so yes they do hate you for there is no true love in them worthy of God. remember they hated Jesus ?
But yes Go and do likewise to your Brothers as was said, but don't be surprised of them what they will do to you, if the carnal see anything that they see as a weakness they will try full advantage of that. remember what Jesus said of the disciples about going to the Israelites and what for them to do it they do not harken to them ?
Remember what they did to Jesus, when he came to save the poor bastards, they killed him.
Unbelievers are Gods people is what you are telling me, well you are totally wrong ! the Bible points this out what they are.
Jesus says who are his Brothers and who are not. remember that.
Mans good works do not cut it at all in fact as to God. you need more than that.
I do as Jesus said but one must be wiser than Serpents.

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You must live a pampered life, work a government Job do we Yahren.

I put myself through college working summers on tie gangs, driving spikes. I served seven years during the great unpleasantness in SE Asia. Then I got a "pampered" life after putting myself through graduate school and becoming an ergonomist. I retired in my late-50s, and became a teacher of science for a few years.

You're not an extremely perceptive person.

You should of worked for yourself

Been there. It was a pain. No days off, just days you don't get paid. Made pretty good money, but I never could get over having to get six rejections for every proposal that was accepted. And I never knew how much I would take in.

How Old are you 20yo ?

I'll be 73 in June. You aren't a very perceptive person.

Look I have a Christian mate up the road and he says that he will take anything that is going his way regardless, typical prot.

I know you've had some unhappiness in your life. But don't let it lead you into hating people who are different than you. People of other faiths are no more likely to be evil in their intentions than people of your own faith.

Unbelievers are Gods people is what you are telling me

Jesus told His people that it was better to be a heretic who loved his fellow man, than a true believer who did not. You can believe him or you can reject Him. That simple.

Your theology will not save you. Doing the will of the father will save you, Jesus says. Will you believe Him? Or will you walk away?

Last edited:

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I put myself through college working summers on tie gangs, driving spikes. I served seven years during the great unpleasantness in SE Asia. Then I got a "pampered" life after putting myself through graduate school and becoming an ergonomist. I retired in my late-50s, and became a teacher of science for a few years.

Been there. It was a pain. No days off, just days you don't get paid. Made pretty good money, but I never could get over having to get six rejections for every proposal that was accepted. And I never knew how much I would take in.

I know you've had some unhappiness in your life. But don't let it lead you into hating people who are different than you. People of other faiths are no more likely to be evil in their intentions than people of your own faith.

Jesus told His people that it was better to be a heretic who loved his fellow man, than a true believer who did not. You can believe him or you can reject Him. That simple.

Your theology will not save you. Doing the will of the father will save you, Jesus says. Will you believe Him? Or will you walk away?
I don't hate him he is my mate and he is just like any Christian seeking he has grown in some ways but he is easy led by a mob who peddle nonsense, everyone is different, I have never met one person who is the same as another ever regardless of even denomination when you talk to such in depth you will find such, not to mention that the seeking soul will grow as the years progress.
People of my Faith ? I don't have a denomination, I have come out from under their influence, I do not need them because I am born again.
It comes down to this, if you have not Charity then one is not of God. as defined by the RCC doctrine. Charity here is not humanitarianism as many commonly mistake it to be. God must be loved first and foremost. 1 Cor 13:13 sums it up.

I was just pondering on your perceptions as to why I said such.

I think that you are worthy person to be respected.

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand

I've learned not to get egg on my face by trying to discern someone without having the full facts! :D