Are Protestants "saved? "

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So God is less a loving father than a human loving father, Who would not kick his son out. But God will..

You should study the word agape and see what it means, That is what God has for his children. You seem to be preaching his love is not that deep.

You are not understanding how God judges. You are putting ALL the responsibility for love on God...and nothing on our fruit of return. We are created for HIS pleasure. He does not exist for OUR salvation. salvation is a byproduct of pleasing God.

A person is rejected by God because a holy people does not mix with they who are unholy. A little leaven leavens the batch. So then if you want to fit in with God and His people then you need to be just like these. otherwise you are rejected.

God judges righteously. Like is in unity with like. But you want some kind of human justice that has nothing to do with the bible...and force that on the text so as to ignore all the warnings of God. Is your blood not on your own head?

We have been warned. And we will choose our own destiny by our response to the call of God.

Otherwise you would not accept that the wicked should perish. We are ALL His people. Would you not easily condemn others to save yourself? So how can a loving God separate the righteous and the wicked? Why do you have no problem with that? But with God whoever has been given more...more is expected of these. And that is righteous. So then if we don't produce an eternal fruit of Christ-likeness with the heaven sent gift of grace...then we will have failed grace and be rejected. God is looking for a people who bear a holy fruit. So much so that He has appealed to the nations to see if any are up for it.

God is seeking for a nation that will bear a holy fruit. But you are only interested in saving yourself...so you will not heed God's call.

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have not yet understood the stakes in the race of faith. You may think that Gentiles are better than the Israelites that perished in the wilderness. You might have something against the Jews who failed God. But God has raised the stakes...not lowered them.

So then you have bought into a false understanding of God's ways...and read the bible through much tinted glasses.

The wicked are destroyed in the lake of fire. But in a great house are vessels of honour AND dishonour...from the SAME LUMP even. But you are not familiar with these ideas as being biblical.
"Much is given... much is required"

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Grace is the higher call with the higher equipping. Higher stakes. You see grace as a god having no more sense of sin...or becoming old and careless concerning a lack of holiness.

But in truth God is just as holy as He ever was. And a lot of people believe they have an unholy grace that gives them a free pass into an eternal salvation without any kind of responsibility for the actions in the body. (which is seen as works in this very skewed view)

So you and many will face God with that scheme...and see for yourself what the real outcome is.
yep this is what I thought, You have no fathom of what true grace is

Grace is given to all mankind, The fact he allowed adam and eve to live was grace. The fact he does not destreoy all mankind and send us all where we deserve is grace

the fact God even offers us the gift of his love is grace

You think it is something to be earned. which just showed you have no comprehension from where it comes.. it comes from the unwavering love God has for his creation. Willing that non should perish but all should come to eternal life.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are not understand how God judges. You are putting ALL the responsibility for love on God...and nothing on our fruit of return.

A person is rejected by God because a holy people does not mix with they who are unholy. A little leaven leavens the batch. So then if you want to fit in with God and His people then you need to be just like these. otherwise you are rejected.

God judges righteously. Like is in unity with like. But you want some kind of human justice that has nothing to do with the bible...and force that on the text so as to ignore all the warnings of God. Is your blood not on your own head?

We have been warned. And we will choose our own destiny by our response to the call of God.

Otherwise you would not accept that the wicked should perish. We are ALL His people. Would you not easily condemn others to save yourself? So how can a loving God separate the righteous and the wicked? Why
I understand God judges

The penalty of sin is death

But God LOVED so much, that although his love could not overrule his justice, It could find a way

Which it did, by sending his son to die for those he loved.

As john said, he gave us the power to Be gods son based on our faith. Not because e deserved it. You will never deserve Gods love.

God will no more kick a child out of his family then a truly loving human father would kick their child out. Remember, He made us in his image.

You say God is A god of justice, Your correct.

were you fail is how that justice is satisfied so his creation can be saved.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
=====================================================
QUOTE="Episkopos, post: 731509, member: 3944"]You have not yet understood the stakes in the race of faith. You may think that Gentiles are better than the Israelites that perished in the wilderness. You might have something against the Jews who failed God. But God has raised the stakes...not lowered them.

So then you have bought into a false understanding of God's ways...and read the bible through much tinted glasses.

The wicked are destroyed in the lake of fire. But in a great house are vessels of honour AND dishonour...from the SAME LUMP even. But you are not familiar with these ideas as being biblical.[/QUOTE
=============================================================

The false understanding may have been from false teachers/ false teachings. They were so bizarre, concerning Jacob, a week or two ago, and he or she could not answer any questions from Scripture about Jacob , nor seemed to know anything accurately about Jacob nor about Esau,
I don't believe they have access to a Bible, or at least did not read it .

There is a thread I started in case they find any Scripture at all to give a reason for their beliefs. So far they have not responded at all, and never did respond from Scripture so far as I saw - they seemed not to know at all what is written in Scripture.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
=====================================================

The false understanding may have been from false teachers/ false teachings. They were so bizarre, concerning Jacob, a week or two ago, and he or she could not answer any questions from Scripture about Jacob , nor seemed to know anything accurately about Jacob nor about Esau,
I don't believe they have access to a Bible, or at least did not read it .

There is a thread I started in case they find any Scripture at all to give a reason for their beliefs. So far they have not responded at all, and never did respond from Scripture so far as I saw - they seemed not to know at all what is written in Scripture.

Dude if you have something to say about me say it to my face.

I answered your questions

Consider yourself on report again.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
God's agenda is that He seeks a nation that will bear a holy fruit. Of course people have their own agendas regarding salvation. But whose will is going to actually be done?

Mat. 21:43 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.

Last edited:

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The response of someone guilty is so different than from someone innocent.

He or she did not answer the questions at all , not from Scripture.

And the thread that was started to show anything from Scripture that they may have, remains open, with not even one answer from them at all. (so far)

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. But then again, His works will not be tried by Fire. But at the great white throne, and he will be found wanting, as he is sentenced to the second death
I guess it depends on what the mans foundation was. If it can be undermined, or pulled out and discarded. Was it a firm foundation to begin with?
Again, depends on what foundation is,
The man who built his house on a rock the foundation stood firmed, It was not undermined, or pulled out. It was not destroyed and could not be removed
The man who built his house on the sand, Well his foundation was destroyed, removed, Undermined, Pulled out by the wind and discarded
they stood on their own foundation. Which was perfect at the time, But weak. After their foundation was destroyed, removed, undermined and pulled out by their sin, They had to build a new foundation on God and his promise;
As long as they never sinned, Yes. But it was always in limbo. because the ability to sin was always there
I think God has given us all answers to these questions
I am glad you seem to see all of these things so clearly. Me? I'm still with David 'seeking His face' and with Paul 'seeing through a glass darkly'... but I am still striving with God's help for the "then".

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I cannot fathom an unholy grace. I can fathom a grace that brings us into God's holiness in order to walk worthy of the high calling...and share in the legacy of the saints of God. And this is by grace through faith.

So who has the kind of faith to walk in that grace....to walk as Jesus walked? To overcome sin, the flesh and the devil?

But I know what people want. They want a god that serves THEIR own interests...not the interests of God.

But God is never portrayed as our servant. Of course being God's servant is seen as a works salvation to the spoiled deceived ones.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am glad you seem to see all of these things so clearly. Me? I'm still with David 'seeking His face' and with Paul 'seeing through a glass darkly'... but I am still striving with God's help for the "then".
We all need to be this way,

I see some things, But I know there is alot I need to learn.. I am in trouble if I think I know it all. we all are

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We all need to be this way,

I see some things, But I know there is alot I need to learn.. I am in trouble if I think I know it all. we all are

I don't get that vibe from you at all. I think you think you know it all. You judge from yourself and have seen nothing. And you are against anyone else knowing more than yourself. So where is the hope?

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
People want a god that serves them. And it just seems like Jesus is such a god. But it just seems that way. The arrogant always try to take advantage of the humble. People mistake the humility of Jesus for weakness and an opportunity to take advantage of His sacrifice for themselves. But God has something in store for these.

Who wants to serve God? Who is willing to strive to please Him? Who is willing to lose their life in order to have Him live through them?

Not many. So I don't expect many to agree with what I write.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't get that vibe from you at all. I think you think you know it all. You judge from yourself and have seen nothing. And you are against anyone else knowing more than yourself. So where is the hope?
"To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:" Col 1:27

Reactions: Episkopos

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People want a god that serves them. And it just seems like Jesus is such a god. But it just seems that way. The arrogant always try to take advantage of the humble. People mistake the humility of Jesus for weakness and an opportunity to take advantage of His sacrifice for themselves. But God has something in store for these.

Who wants to serve God? Who is willing to strive to please Him? Who is willing to lose their life in order to have Him live through them?

No, as you already know, not many will agree with you, but please don't stop writing as God leads you. Between you and others such as our friend @bbyrd009 , perhaps some unbeknownst to us, can we maybe... move on closer to Him, to seeing His face as it is?

"Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven." Matt 6:10

Can an earthly will be equal to a heavenly will?

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People want a god that serves them. And it just seems like Jesus is such a god. But it just seems that way. The arrogant always try to take advantage of the humble. People mistake the humility of Jesus for weakness and an opportunity to take advantage of His sacrifice for themselves. But God has something in store for these. Who wants to serve God? Who is willing to strive to please Him? Who is willing to lose their life in order to have Him live through them?
Scripturally, why do so many oppose Scripture openly ? (from any group/ school/ faith/ religion) Even 'Christian' !?!

Reactions: Episkopos

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen. A religious person is a babe concerning spiritual things. And for that person all is binary...right or wrong. They can't see the ...good, better and best...of the growth in Christ. In Christ there is the analog progression ...the race...the journey...but only if one is actually walking it out. Otherwise theories abound...all based on the binary salvation stage...the first baby step. Everything, for these, is always at the beginners stage.
We Are to become as children!

:)

But seriously . . . good better best transcendent are all within "good", as in, good and evil. Denouncing a "binary view" as something wrong would be to, what, give a third option? Right, wrong, and what?

So then someone who sees in terms of right and wrong somehow "can't see" the "good, better and best"?

Another binary relationship is, truth and falsehood. There is not middle ground. There is no, more true, or less true. Jesus taught that when we know the truth, that is what sets us free. Truth sets us free.

The key is in a correct understanding of justification and the new creation.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God has vessels of both honour AND dishonour. In a great house there are also garbage containers as well as expensive vases..
This is of course speaking of our work in this world, right? It sounds as if you are saying God has children so that they can be eternal garbage cans.

That's not how God defines His love.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your words come from these verses:

"For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;
Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is
If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire." I Cor 3:11-15

If the work of a man is burned but he has not Jesus as his foundation will he also be saved? If a man's foundation is undermined or pulled out and discarded, does it matter at all what kind of works he has? Can the proper foundation be removed? What kind of foundation did Adam and Eve have before they disobeyed God? If they had obeyed God would their foundation have stood fast?

Who has the answers to all of those questions?
These are all in the Bible. All can be known.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The wicked are destroyed in the lake of fire. But in a great house are vessels of honour AND dishonour...from the SAME LUMP even. But you are not familiar with these ideas as being biblical.
So then that IS what you think. I would never have imagined someone to think of God that way! Never in my life.

Even the least child in Him is glorified.

Those He justified, He also glorified.

For you have died, and your life is hid with Christ in God. And when Christ, who is our life appears, you also will appear with Him in glory!

We will exchange the body of our humiliation for one like unto His glorious body.

And if I go, I will come again and receive you unto Myself, that where I am, there you may be also. And that's not outer darkness.

Much love!