Are Protestants "saved? "

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i would say bc the def of AT = "objective proof," which we obv dont have for those
This only describes the difference between something being true, and your ability to ferret that out.

Whether or not you possess the proof of something, or even the ability to measure it, that has nothing to do with whether that something is real or true.

It's only true if I can see it? That doesn't sound like good reasoning at least to me.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well, i can try,
He who says he knows does not yet know as he ought
As a man thinks, so is he

and prolly the "double-minded" stuff too?
Good ! How does that relate at all to your previous posts ? (denying the absolute truth God Himself Reveals through Jesus and in all of His Revelation to men) ?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
You don't mean that the actual sky was falling, instead, their "sky" was falling, that's right?

So it isn't true that the sky was falling, only Chicken Little's metaphorical sky was truly falling. Let's do get our definitions down
well, i dont think it was metaphorical for CL, was it? He would have sworn it as "truth," wouldn't he?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
This only describes the difference between something being true, and your ability to ferret that out.
well, so you say

Whether or not you possess the proof of something, or even the ability to measure it, that has nothing to do with whether that something is real or true.
no disagreement here
It's only true if I can see it? That doesn't sound like good reasoning at least to me.
that was not said that i am aware of

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
imply nothing, Einstein already demonstrated that, yes. The train deal with the people standing in two places, etc
Right. We had fun as kids with an equation that would "show" that 1=2.

I'm not talking about quantum particle physics, perspective of the observer, or any other physics relativity.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Good ! How does that relate at all to your previous posts ? (denying the absolute truth God Himself Reveals through Jesus and in all of His Revelation to men) ?
ha well the only thing i would be denying there is that any of that fits our mutual definition of "AT"

well, plus revelation is not given to all men, i guess
plus No son of man may die for another's sins

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

that was not said that i am aware of

True . . . you did not say that. But it is the logical conclusion to your reasoning. Absolute truth = objective evidence, is what you wrote.

Objective evidence is something you can measure. So then what shall we say? If you have no objective evidence, then it's not Absolute Truth. Is that not what you mean?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
to that i would only reiterate as a man thinks, so is he
but i'm sure you are aware of the theory that suggests exactly that, which is btw pretty hard to dispute?
But is does not say that "as a man thinks, so is his world around him", does it?

I'm well aware of that theory. It leaves you with the problem of origins, for one. There are more. Is that what you think is happening?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then why your question if they could be known?
If I answered each one, do you suppose that they would all be right and agree precisely with every answer of everyone else on this thread? If not, why not? Does God ever speak through me? Does He ever speak through you or anyone else who has participated on this thread? Do any of us need to or want to grow closer to God?

Reactions: Nancy

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country

True . . . you did not say that. But it is the logical conclusion to your reasoning. Absolute truth = objective evidence, is what you wrote.

Objective evidence is something you can measure. So then what shall we say? If you have no objective evidence, then it's not Absolute Truth. Is that not what you mean?
to that i would say that we have plenty of objective evidence for things we cannot see
Myself, they are entirely different things. Like comparing how to bake a cake with why we want to bake a cake.
hmm, i'd ask for a diff analogy there
But is does not say that "as a man thinks, so is his world around him", does it?
i'm not sure how much the two can be separated, might be spl itting hairs now, but ok
I'm well aware of that theory. It leaves you with the problem of origins, for one. There are more. Is that what you think is happening?
youd have to recall the theory i guess, sorry, dunno
Or just state a single AT from Scripture maybe