Are there any Born again Christians In Here?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mr.Bride

Jan 31, 2013
The Southern Carolinas
Thanks for reviving it Secondhand Lion.... :)

I mean wow... Are we not forgiven and made victorious? Saved from torment. Don't we sit in heavenly places. Don't we feed off of spiritual manna/angels food? Isn't that wicked one, Satan up under our feet? Are we not totally protected by the God who made this planet? My God, don't we believe the Word of the Lord who drowned the whole earth? Are we not predestinated, chosen, and elected? I feel like RANDOR... No colorful fonts(don't know how) but black'll do....GLORY!!! HALLELUJAH!!!! PRAISE THE LIVING GOD!!!!

Where's Angelina? Rockytopva? Would love to hear their testimonies... Though they probably already told em or something.

Manifold blessings upon you all!!

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
SecondHand Lion & Mr.Bride
Just finished watching Phil Robertson (Duck Dynasty) give a very good sermon.............very good.

Yep...Jesus said you must be born again...........not only do we know that we have experienced that......experiencing God/Jesus/Holy Ghost
is way more important than studying about them.
Many people sadly enough, have set in church since birth and are still dammed to hell.

Many have had a pastor, a priest a bishop or whatever teach them about Christ and psossibly are as lost as their sheep.

It has been said...you will know my people by their fruit. You can talk to a so called Christian for only 5 minutes and tell they have never met Christ.

I deal a lot with the jw's in here...........all they can tell is......this or that about God......no passion even for the scriptures they have memorized so dearly.

Jesus is alive...God is alive...Holy Ghost is alive...............and they want to be known....not studied.

Yes................In a way I'm not shocked this thread died so quickly with 178 views and only a few which you could count on one hand that replied....

In my book which came out in February I wrote something to this nature.

Lets take two men and lets say both are 85 years of age. Jim has been going to church everyday from birth being drug by his parents and on up to his elderly ages not missing a single Sunday.
Hank just got out of church yesterday morning.....but Hank recieved by grace forgiveness of his sins and also recieved the Holy Ghost. Hank can't shut up about Jesus and all He has done for him. John after 85 years of church still makes funny statements when asked to say a prayer before dinner and when the subject of God comes up he walks away.
Hank on the other hand is dancing naked in the streets since he has been set free.

John thinks Hank is crazy.......

You see if someone has not been born again..........they will think the ones who are.....are nuts. :)

I tell you...sadly.............there are not many Christians out there.

I'm proud of you guys...........and I thank Jesus He has shown you Him.
You spoke out..............why?????????????????
BECAUSE YOU HAD SOMETHING TO SAY....YOU HAVE A TESTIMONY!

We who are born again........don't tell people about Jesus....we show and introduce them to Jesus :)

You know of some kids that have had imaginary friends.....well....our imaginary friend shows up.

I've seen miracle after miracle with my walk with God....

His touch is for all..............but they must reach out and touch His garment.

JAMES 4:8

SHOULD BE TATTOOED ON OUR FORHEADS.

PRAISE THE LORD †

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada

I wish somebody would define between a christian and a born again christian

All I ever notice is that one makes more noise than the other

Besides , the bible phrase born again has endless possibilities as to meaning

No one knows for sure

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
Hi Arnie..........well...I guess it means being born of the spirit. And recieve the gift of the Holy Ghost and all the rest of the free gifts offered to us by God.
Most born again..........I should say all........have a personal touch by Christ when they repent sincerely.
Many Christians look at those who seem to love God more than they do as a little wacked out :)
That is a door which is immediately closed then by satan.
Jesus wants to touch all of us...but many remain complacent at their posts and never take more steps to get close to Christ....thus thinking those who make more noise are way out there :)
So...they stay put so to speak........never ever experiencing Christ in their lives.

You are right Arnie............not many Christians are born again........Jesus said you must be born again....so I took Him up on it 26 years ago...and WhaaaaaaaaaLaaaaaaaaaaa He shows up.

But it is kinda funny though.........those who can't shut up about Jesus are the ones who decided to be born again.

Take a serial killer..........there are Christians out there who say hang him...............but a born again Christian knows that no one should enter hell and wouldn't want their worst enemy to go there.

And then to see a serial killer get delivered and all his sins forgiven is a more beautiful site......

Now the serial killer is born again.............so I think he has more to be thankful for than most Christians...since he has been forgiven of much.....so he loves much.

So it is with born again Christians...........they have been forgiven for much...so we love much.

I doubt very seriously he would of killed people if it wasn't for satan.

These are the people I deal with in my life....................seeing hardened men turn to teddy bears :)

I know i'm loud.............I can't help it.................there was no way out in my life...........and in stepped Jesus...

Arnie...I and many born again Christians have been forgiven of much...........and it still baffles our minds why Jesus would do that for us.
But all it took .....was...........lord please help me....I can't go on living like this.........if you are real and say who you say you are....please help me.

THEN BAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and Arnie....I can't express enough how much Jesus loves you.............it's......well.....there are no words for it.

God Bless!

HymnSeeker

May 19, 2014
Actually I think that receiving Christ and turning your back on sin is being Born Again. In essence, I believe that every Christian who has his or her heart changed is born again.

But I'm non denominational so I might be mistaken.

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
HymnSeeker................I'm also non denominational................And yes............that is 100% correct.

You become a new creation old things have past

BEHOLD THE NEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
RANDOR said:
HymnSeeker................I'm also non denominational................And yes............that is 100% correct.

You become a new creation old things have past

BEHOLD THE NEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Told 'ya the born agains make a lot of noise

Ever notice everything the born agains say is about themselves

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
Wow Arnie.........you shock me sometimes................
We are both Christians.......we both love Jesus
Isn't it funny how a Christian will knock a Christian.

So..............you just told us a lot right there ABOUT YOURSELF :)

B

brakelite

Okay, here is my story of how I was born again. This story however isn't really about me, its about what God has accomplished in me. Glory and gratitude to Him...always.

I was single, 24 yo, had a very well paid job doing shift work, was enjoying surfing the best locations in the country when not on shift which meant nearly every day; was living in a small rented cottage in the countryside half-way between the beach and my work; owned an excellent 10 yo Chrysler AP6 Valiant with only 50,000 miles on the clock, no debts, no ties, all the dope and alcohol one could wish for, thus to any casual observer, I had it made. And that was what I thought also. Until a workmate of my flatmate had a chat with me. She was a Christian, her father a Presbyterian minister. She asked me if I believed in God. Well, I was raised a Catholic, so yes, of course I believed in God. (Although in my mind I was having a number of reservations regarding some of the stories I had been brought up to believe like the flood etc.) She then asked me a question that was inspired of the Holy Spirit. "Did I think that the life I was living would meet with God's approval?"
I can't remember what I answered her at that moment, possibly some monosyllabic grunt that could resemble yes in any number of languages and no in all the rest. However I couldn't shake the question off me the rest of that day. You see, I was ripe for a takeover. I looked great on the outside, but inside was morally and emotionally bankrupt. And deep down, if I was brutally honest with myself, I knew it. I was bored, lonely, and under the superficial pleasure seeking selfish shallow and unloving and unlovable character that everyone saw, was an unhappy discontented fella who wanted things to be different. And here was my opportunity. The Creator of the universe was coming knocking at the door of my life and wanted in. That night as I was laying in bed and thinking about that question, I gave up. I gave up doing things my way, I gave up attempting to make myself happy, I gave up trying to live a life without the God who made life possible, and invited Him into my life and make it one that He would approve of.

Thus I became a Christian in 1976, and after a couple of brief forays into the local Catholic church where I saw no evidence of the wonderful forgiving merciful and life giving Saviour I had just met, joined a pentecostal church. This was in a city several hundred miles away from my hometown, and 3 months after I was baptised, God told me very clearly that He wanted me to go home. I told the pastor this and he was very dubious that this new born child of God would be hearing God speak to him so soon, however, he kindly gave me his blessing and said for me to feel free to return anytime if things didn't work out.
I didn't have a job at home of course, nor anywhere to stay. But I trusted God and even asked Him for a specific job at the precise location I had worked a year or so previously before I left home. I resigned my current position and left that week.
I left town with my trusty surfboard on the roof and my few meagre possessions crammed into the boot (trunk for my American friends) on Good Friday, and arrived that night at my mothers doorstep to tell my very devout Catholic mum that I had come to know Jesus and needed a bed for a night or two. After reluctantly letting me in (she lived in a small apartment and had no desire to share it with the one who when he left town was not on very good terms with her). Assorted remarks concerning 'cult' and 'heresy' peppered our conversation that night, but she did see I was a different person than the one that left 15 months previously.
Mum asked me what I was going to do about work. I told her that I had prayed, that I was here because God told me to come, so He would provide the work. No problem. Now it was mum's turn to be dubious. 'Yeah right' she said. Or words to that effect. Of course there is no paper on Good Friday so had to wait until Saturday nite to view the work vacancies. I told mum what was the specific job I wanted which made her even more dubious. When I saw in that Saturday night paper the precise job offered I don't know who was more surprised, me or her. It was a close contest, but I think she won. I went in to apply the following Tuesday morning (Monday being a holiday) and started work there Wednesday. I had discovered that God answers prayers.
I joined the local church and after a couple of weeks, decided to try another prayer. I asked for a wife. It was time to settle down. By then I had a place to stay and was beginning to grow in my faith and love for my Saviour.
I was giving a message at the communion table 2 weeks later when she walked in. Sitting down shyly at the back of the church she was a total knockout and a complete and utter distraction from everything I was attempting to do at the table. Unfortunately she couldn't stand the sight of me and it took me quite a while to convince her that she was God's gift to me. We were married within 6 months.
Three years and 3 children later we found ourselves in another town and settling into what we hoped would be "the good life". A further child and another 6 years saw us back-slidden, both of us back into the dope (me growing and selling) and living and working in paradise. Again, on the surface one would think we had everything. I was working as a park ranger on 40,000 acres of native forest maintaining walking and tramping tracks in a catchment area that supplied drinking water for the city. Our kids were all healthy, and our home was supplied by my employer. Set at the top of the mountain range we had views to die for.
But again, underneath, things were not as good as they may have appeared. But we did love what we were doing, we loved each other, the work, the house, the area, the kids loved going into the bush hunting and fishing etc, our nearest neighbour who was my workmate and his family became our best friends but God was missing. And this made all the difference. Seeds were being sown in the minds of our children and despite our promises at church to raise them in the faith, they were being raised and exposed to a life quite different to what God intended for us. And there were occasions when friends or family could have done with some good solid Christian influence, counsel, and prayer, but we were awol. Others suffered because we weren't in a position to help , God suffered because His beloved children were playing the fool and trampling on the precious gift of His Son. And slowly but surely, we sunk deeper and deeper into a pit of our own choosing.
Another 2 children and another 5 or 6 years later and God opened my eyes. I was about to lose my wife, and my older children had left home and were doing all the exact same things I was doing before I even met Jesus so many years previously. Not only did God open my eyes to what was actually happening around me, but He also opened my eyes to what was happening inside me. I had become the same selfish, proud, arrogant, abusive unloving and unlovable person I used to be. And my wife God bless her had had enough.
I had a decision to make. Did I want to save my marriage? Did I want to keep this woman that God had given me nearly 20 years ago? And what was I willing to do to change the current situation? I realised there was only one thing to do. Just one.
I knelt down and prayed. I cried and cried and wept and called for my Saviour to forgive me for neglecting the precious gift of His salvation, for neglecting the precious gift of the mother of my children, and neglecting 6 wonderful kids. I asked forgiveness for not raising them in the faith as I had promised. I asked forgiveness for not being the spiritual leader in our household. And I asked God to heal us. To heal our marriage, to heal our children, to turn things around the way they ought to be. I asked Him to take me back to the beginning. Back to when I first came to know Him. So we could start again. Laying aside all I had been taught, forgetting inconsistencies in doctrine and unanswered and unasked questions, and laying aside all the ups and downs of our Christian walk previously (we had our reasons for leaving the church) I wanted to be taught afresh, right from the beginning.

I hadn't touched a Bible for over 10 or 12 years, but a scripture came immediately to mind, one that I couldn't even remember memorising. (If that makes any sense). It was in fact the only scripture, if asked, that I would have been able to quote. Jesus said to me at that moment through His Holy Spirit,
"Seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all those things I will add unto you".

Now, a further 16 years on, and I can testify that God has been as good as His word. What He had promised, He brought to pass. My wife and I are closer than we had ever been, despite my wife's reluctance to reconnect with her own faith.
I have discovered that the promise that the spouse is sanctified by the faith of the believer is a good promise. The closer my relationship with Jesus, I have discovered the closer my relationship with my wife becomes. So if I am drawing closer to Jesus, and my wife drawing closer to me, then she also is drawing closer to Jesus.
Five of my children have been baptised as adults, two of them married Christians and are raising my 10 grandchildren in the faith. I am no longer lonely lol.
As for my spiritual walk, the good Lord did take me back to the beginning, and started me again on the road of faith and taught me many things that before were never brought to light. And also many old things I once cherished He has proven false through the testimony of the scriptures. No longer holding to the traditions and teachings of man, I have discovered to my delight that the Bible is sufficient for all things pertaining to salvation and Christian practice. But one must approach the Word with an open heart, willing to be taught, and without any preconceptions.

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
Brakelite.........I had goooooooooooosssssee bumps throughout your story.........why?????? because it is like Jesus and John jumping in the womb............we know each other through Jesus Christ.

Thank you so much for sharing..........WOW!!!!!!!!!! and thank you for putting on the BRAKELITES to ask God to to take you back to the beginning. That was the most important thing you would have had to do in your life.

Yes..................it's not talking about ourselves...............but what Jesus has done for our bad selves :)

Thank you Jesus for saving Brakelite Lord............

It's a honor to stand with you men of God...............WARRIORS FOR CHRIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TESTIMONIES................SEALED IN STONE............SEALED IN STEEL.......................SEALED AS ONE.
AMEN!!!!!!!!!!

ironmonk said:
Yes I am born into the kingdoom of god, it was the worst thing I have ever had to endure.
Ironmonk.....................Hmmmmmmmmmmm...now that's a first :)

B

brakelite

Yes, Randor...God is very very Good. My life is a living testimony to that goodness....to His power, to His mercy, and His grace.

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have been saved (Romans 8:22-24, Ephesians 2:4-8), I'm being saved (2 Corinthians 2:15, Phillipians 2:12, 1 Peter 3:21) , and I have the hope that I will be saved (Matthew 24:13, Romans 5:9-10, 1 Corinthians 3:12-15).

Reactions: aspen

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
Well...if ya don't know for sure you're saved.....then............................................

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
Trust me..no assumption here......................but most people who are saved................can't quit talking about it, sharing it...............they have a testimony on how they got saved..........and they shout it from the roof tops.

Because they have been saved...............................but in your case..................just aint feelin it.

Or you would have acted like those who have been saved.

HALLELUJAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JESUS DELIVERED ME!!......yEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE hAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA...something like that :)

It just shocks me thats all....that you say your saved......................but cha aint to happy about it.

If you aint got a testimony...........................GO GET ONE

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not everyone is an evangelical protestant like you. I remember those days always stressing about making a good show but that is all it is, a show. When one first converts there is a lot of excitement but that is not always going to last. If we base our Salvation on feelings all the time than our we really sure we are saved? As we mature in our walk than we don't have to go out to the street corners and yell at people all we must do is live the Gospel and use words when we must.

It is not by ours words or our emotions people will know we are Christians but by our actions. As St. James says:

You see, then, that it is by our actions that we are put right with God, and not by our faith alone

James 2:24

You are right I am not excited and I do not wish to bring attention to myself by typing in all matter of disjointed typeface and colors, I have been walking with God long enough to know that how I feel can be deceptive and words can mean little but my actions matter, how I live and work each day is my witness to Christ

Well, whatever you do, whether you eat or drink, do it all for God's glory.

1 Cor 10:31

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as though you were working for the Lord and not for people.

Col 3:23

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
Yes.......i did decide to take action...................Been saved 26 years..and it feels it just happened 26 seconds ago........YeeeeeHaaaaaaaaaa
When you have been touched by Christ...ya just can't shut up.
Jesus showed up in my garage 26 years ago.....and forgave me of all my sins...................

So....................Yes I'm excited..........still excited...........................

I'm glad you got to meet me....................:)
Jesus loves you more than you could ever imagine..................YeeeeeeHaaaaaaaaaaa...no spirit of timidity here.