Are there any Born again Christians In Here?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No but a spirit of pride, you keep it. Your words do not mean nothing and Salvation is not just a one time event

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
And by the way........................you should be rejoicing I'm saved......I'm hurt :)

Looks like we have another wierd one :(

Yep........once saved........always saved

Just like drowning......nope......aint goin to do that again.....been saved once.......learned my lesson

You say spirit of pride.........................HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm excited about Jesus and you call that pride.....

Reactions: JPPT1974

JPPT1974

Flowers of May
Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 23, 2012
East TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We have to walk the walk, not just talk it. Live as Christians. Faith without works is dead indeed!

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
RANDOR said:
And by the way........................you should be rejoicing I'm saved......I'm hurt :)

Looks like we have another wierd one :(

Yep........once saved........always saved

Just like drowning......nope......aint goin to do that again.....been saved once.......learned my lesson

You say spirit of pride.........................HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm excited about Jesus and you call that pride.....

Have you been recently converted? No. If you were I would be happy for you but I don't have to post like a fool. OSAS is a very bad thing and you want people to listen to you and respect you? Stop making post about just you and posting like you have some kind of tick

JPPT1974 said:
We have to walk the walk, not just talk it. Live as Christians. Faith without works is dead indeed!
Amen!

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm
So where is your excitement about Christ................all ya done here is pour your negative energy out on me....
So if ya be a Christian..................you should be excited that I'm your brother in Christ...........for pete's sake...David danced naked in the streets.

What has Christ done in your life then..............

You will know my people by their fruits..............I've got a lot of fruit here buddy..............but I'm starting to see thorns comin from you.

PRAISE THE LORD.......................Ooooooooooooooopssss..............sorry......I just get excited talking about my savior. :D

Come....drink of the living water.............................you to can act like a fool for Christ also :)

And as far as that tick thing goes..........................YES...............my tick is Jesus

I love Jesus a lot...........and you're the first to have a problem with that................you should be rejoicing

Come on...............I know ya got a nice word in there somewhere

JPPT1974 said:
AMEN!!!!

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For the sake of not arguing and being banned I will put on ignore, I am just not into your type of religion which is bragging and prideful

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
hMMMMMMMMMMMM ignore............religion.......what religion?
Ignore.......................reminds when the light comes on the coakroaches scatter.

So if I brag about Jesus..............that's bad...............weird.
So if I show you what happens when Jesus comes into your life.......that's bad..............weird.
I'm called prideful................for loving Jesus

The question here................who ever has been teaching you the word of God.............has taken you down the wrong road.

I find that very sad.....
Ask Jesus into your heart......ask Him to forgive you of all your sins.......He loves you very much.

Now if ya think that was weird..............what can I say :(

Mr.Bride

Jan 31, 2013
The Southern Carolinas
historyb said:
Not everyone is an evangelical protestant like you. I remember those days always stressing about making a good show but that is all it is, a show. When one first converts there is a lot of excitement but that is not always going to last. If we base our Salvation on feelings all the time than our we really sure we are saved? As we mature in our walk than we don't have to go out to the street corners and yell at people all we must do is live the Gospel and use words when we must.

It is not by ours words or our emotions people will know we are Christians but by our actions. As St. James says:

You see, then, that it is by our actions that we are put right with God, and not by our faith alone

James 2:24

You are right I am not excited and I do not wish to bring attention to myself by typing in all matter of disjointed typeface and colors, I have been walking with God long enough to know that how I feel can be deceptive and words can mean little but my actions matter, how I live and work each day is my witness to Christ

Well, whatever you do, whether you eat or drink, do it all for God's glory.

1 Cor 10:31

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as though you were working for the Lord and not for people.

Col 3:23
If that joy doesn't last it was never real my friend.... I mean to know Jesus walks with you and has given you the victory. Hitting the lotto doesn't compare. Not at all. Be certain of God. Listen....Do you know we are seated in heavenly places in Christ Jesus? Let that sink in. Ask God for the joy of your salvation. There is a joy. And it goes beyond your understanding. My... What a mighty God we serve. He did it for me. He is no respecter of persons. Even when it's dark we rejoice because the Light is with us. It's just our natural eyes that see darkness. :)

Wonderful isn't it... Blessings

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
Mr. Bride well done.............my heart is heavy for those who have no joy for Christ.

New creation.....old things have passed away..................................behold :)

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course I am not saying it doesn't last. The Joy matures and I don't need to post stupidly to show the joy of my Salvation, the OP wants everyone to be like him and I am not like him.

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
Huh....i'm not the samrtest dude in the class.........what is a OP...?
Actually the only OP that I can think of....is the little boy on The Andy Griffith show.

Muse

Jun 7, 2014
Yes! why, I am one of them! I was saved 29 years ago and received the Holy Spirit thereafter. I love Jesus Christ with all my heart, my soul and my spirit, He gave me a hope and a peace which I can't part with whatever the cost, whatever the bargain. When you experience a personal encounter with Jesus, worldly things strangely dim away, for Heaven comes in full view! Heb 11.
MY CONVICTION ABOUT THE REAL BORN AGAIN CHRISTIANITY! IT HAS TO BE REAL AND EARNEST!

[SIZE=16pt]EVEN SO IS IT NOW[/SIZE]​
THOSE WHO ARE BORN AGAIN ARE "Delivered from This Present Evil World"​
Gal. 1: 1-5

[SIZE=10pt]Jesus Christ[/SIZE] [SIZE=10pt]gave Himself as an offering to God to deliver the elect from this present evil world. That is one true mark of a real Christian; he is one who is delivered from the evil world. He no longer mixes freely with the world of sin; he no longer lives under the yoke of sin; he no longer loves the dominions of sin. Why? He has died from the love of the world, and this is a clear mark of real Christianity: like the Israelites were delivered from Egypt by the might hand of God, so Jesus died to deliver us from the house of bondage, which is the dominion of sin. He neither loves the world, nor the things of the world if he is truly a Christian. The present world is evil and a real Christian has nothing to do with it. He has been delivered from the evil world by the Blood of the Passover Lamb, has gone through the Red sea in his baptism, and now abides freely in Canaan’s fruitful fields. If you claim Christianity, then this must be a clear mark in your life. You have been delivered, saved, taken out, and separated from this present evil world.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]The present world is only evil, so don’t think that you can swim in some part of it, keep a portion of it under your tongue, and remain a Christian. Nay! It is a complete separation! It is an exodus out of the world through the Blood of our Passover which God offered for us, in order to deliver us from this present evil world. A man living under sin; a man corrupting himself with the love of the world; a man mixing freely in the corruption of the world; a man carnally possessed by the corrupting lusts of the flesh has no claim on Christianity whatsoever! I don’t care which church he attends; which chorus he sings, he has nothing to do with Christ![/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]A man in Egypt, under darkness, under bondage of the law of sin, still serving Pharaoh - the king of this present evil world and then claim to be in Canaan! Never! That is a hypocrite! To be a Christian is to die, completely die from sin as Christ died on the Cross; all this is by faith in the Passover Blood. Joining church and being initiated into a few rites saves no soul of a man born in sin. You must die, out of sin and be born again in righteousness.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Yea, Jesus gave Himself upon the cross to deliver us from sin and from this present evil world. So must you take up your Cross and follow Him by faith to Calvary, outside the camp of sin called the world; and there lay yourself on that Cross and die completely from sin, and from the corruptions of this evil one, then thou shalt be born again holy, immortal, incorruptible. The present world is evil, its systems are ungodly, its leadership is corrupt, its religions are apostatic, its ways are sinful; its entertainments are filthy, its population is greedy, covetous, lascivious, idolatrous, adulterous, murderers: fornicators, liars, hateful, despisers of that which is good, and haters of the truth. Why? Because the god of this present world is Satan, so must it be evil as he is evil; wicked as he is wicked, adulterous as he is, haters of truth as he is, boastful and proud as Satan surely is; unkind, unmerciful, full of filthy communications as sure as its god is; loving money and pleasures more than God as sure as the devil is _ having a form of Godliness but denying the true power of the Holy Spirit as sure as Lucifer is! Yes, from all these a Christian has been delivered by the grace of God in Jesus Christ. Amen.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]Another Gospel[/SIZE]
Gal. 1:6-9
[SIZE=10pt]The present church system, as all other religions, is a fallen apostatic organization that is infested with all kinds of evil and unclean hateful birds. They are corrupted with all kinds of carnal lusts so much so that there is no sound Christianity in them at all. Why? What happened? For every kind of hateful bird lodges in her mammoth branches: be it thieves, drunkards, fornicators, murderers, liars, corruptors, defilers, whoremongers, backsliders, whisperers, busy-bodies, sowers of discord, hypocrites, pretenders, robbers, conmen, and every other evil hateful bird are found lodged in these religious systems. Why? Because they are fallen from the truth! They have left the True Gospel of Jesus Christ unto another one which is apostatic. They don’t uphold the pure Gospel of Jesus Christ which the apostles believed and preached. They have substituted the truth with a lie.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]How? Every tree is known by its fruits. The True Gospel brings forth holy men, righteous men, faithful men, kind and merciful men, humble and meek men, loving and gentle men. But a Gospel that bears fruits contrary to these is a false gospel, and the preacher of it is accursed![/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]The true Gospel transforms men from being wicked to being righteous; from being filthy to being holy; from being wrathful to being humble, from being lovers of pleasures to being lovers of God - yea, the true Gospel converts! A Gospel that only reforms instead of converting is apostatic in its origin and the messengers of such are accursed![/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]A Gospel that fails to save the believers thereof from sin, fails to separate its upholders from the world; fails to crucify carnality from its faithful, fails to deliver the man who believes it from the present evil world; fails to impart holiness, love, charity, humility, meekness, soberness, gentleness, temperance, faithfulness, righteousness; yea, and every good thing to the believers of the same, is not the Gospel of the Son God but the lies of the antichrist.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Why? It should be Good News, that is why it is called the Gospel; and therefore it brings good tidings of great joy! It announces freedom from sin, proclaims liberty from the dominion of sin, loosens the chains of darkness from the believers and sets them free. Knowledge may bring some reformation of manners, but that alone never saves! Religion may bring along some human pity, but it fails to deliver the soul from the chains of corruption. It is the true Gospel of Jesus Christ alone that can loose the soul from the dominion of sin.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Why? The true Gospel urges men to repent and warns them of the danger of failing to do so; it presents to them remission of sin through the Blood (indeed most precious Blood) of Jesus Christ; it points all to the cross of Jesus and insists that the sinful soul should hang on that by faith till all the motions of sin are dead from within; it presents the grace of God and faith as the only avenues by which one is brought to conversion; it insists that one is not saved by joining any church, but rather by sorrowful repentance, faith in Jesus Christ, a lively hope in the promises of GOD through our only saviour Jesus Christ, departing from the evil world and accepting the true baptism of the Holy Ghost. It insists that conversion is followed by holiness, righteousness, faithfulness and all the fruits of the Holy Ghost. Yea, it presents the Revelation of Jesus Christ as the only anchor of the soul. It gives people a chance to repent, a chance to confess their sins, a chance to personally pray, a chance to reach out to God through Jesus Christ, a chance at the altar of the true sacrifice, a chance to sorrowful repentance, a chance at seeking for the Holy Ghost; and all these are only provided by the preaching of the Gospel springing by the inspiration of Holy Ghost revealing the promise of God to the men of that generation. As Charles Finney said, “Don’t show me the doctrine you uphold, but the life you live!” For by their fruits shall they be known! Not by their doctrines please![/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt] [/SIZE]

www.endtimepromise.com

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I guess I understand your OP, but not the question. Would you expect to find NO BA people on this site that is named Christianity Board?

I was saved 43+ years ago when I was 17. As a RC, I always believed in God but didn't KNOW Him or His Son.

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
Muse.....since I started this post....I must reply....I see nothing wrong for which you have shared. Thank you for telling us how a born again Christian should be. And I thank God for your salvation.

yes............being real, being alive....yes is true.

Like I've always said...................everyone can have a Damascus experience.....actually meeting Christ......but it all depends on how bad they want it.

I will not say much more...........since some come here and leave as fast as they arrived.

Anyway...God Bless !

shturt678

Feb 9, 2013
South Point, Hawaii (Big Island)
Thank you folks for caring again!

To brother Muse: Meet you over on the Logos and Rhema thread after I complete a little hospital ministry, ie, if Jesus not = to God then one didn't undergo a valid "born again" experience sir.

Only a head's up,

Old Jack

Muse

Jun 7, 2014
shturt678 said:
Thank you folks for caring again!

To brother Muse: Meet you over on the Logos and Rhema thread after I complete a little hospital ministry, ie, if Jesus not = to God then one didn't undergo a valid "born again" experience sir.

Only a head's up,

Old Jack
I DIDN'T JUST GET YOU JUST RIGHT SIR!
I believe Jesus is God manifest, the fulness is in Him: a word can only be expressed by speaking, so God must have done IT?! FOR IN THE ... WAS THE WORD.

Muse

Jun 7, 2014
shturt678 said:
Thank you for your response!

So could we conclude that Jesus was God manifested in the flesh?

Old Jack that appreciates you.
Thank you Jack!
yea JESUS WAS GOD MANIFEST IN FLESH BECAUSE THE TWO ARE ONE, THE FATHER IN THE SON AND THE SON IN THE FATHER! proceeded forth from Him and then went back to Him.

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
brakelite said:
Okay, here is my story of how I was born again. This story however isn't really about me, its about what God has accomplished in me. Glory and gratitude to Him...always.

I was single, 24 yo, had a very well paid job doing shift work, was enjoying surfing the best locations in the country when not on shift which meant nearly every day; was living in a small rented cottage in the countryside half-way between the beach and my work; owned an excellent 10 yo Chrysler AP6 Valiant with only 50,000 miles on the clock, no debts, no ties, all the dope and alcohol one could wish for, thus to any casual observer, I had it made. And that was what I thought also. Until a workmate of my flatmate had a chat with me. She was a Christian, her father a Presbyterian minister. She asked me if I believed in God. Well, I was raised a Catholic, so yes, of course I believed in God. (Although in my mind I was having a number of reservations regarding some of the stories I had been brought up to believe like the flood etc.) She then asked me a question that was inspired of the Holy Spirit. "Did I think that the life I was living would meet with God's approval?"
I can't remember what I answered her at that moment, possibly some monosyllabic grunt that could resemble yes in any number of languages and no in all the rest. However I couldn't shake the question off me the rest of that day. You see, I was ripe for a takeover. I looked great on the outside, but inside was morally and emotionally bankrupt. And deep down, if I was brutally honest with myself, I knew it. I was bored, lonely, and under the superficial pleasure seeking selfish shallow and unloving and unlovable character that everyone saw, was an unhappy discontented fella who wanted things to be different. And here was my opportunity. The Creator of the universe was coming knocking at the door of my life and wanted in. That night as I was laying in bed and thinking about that question, I gave up. I gave up doing things my way, I gave up attempting to make myself happy, I gave up trying to live a life without the God who made life possible, and invited Him into my life and make it one that He would approve of.

Thus I became a Christian in 1976, and after a couple of brief forays into the local Catholic church where I saw no evidence of the wonderful forgiving merciful and life giving Saviour I had just met, joined a pentecostal church. This was in a city several hundred miles away from my hometown, and 3 months after I was baptised, God told me very clearly that He wanted me to go home. I told the pastor this and he was very dubious that this new born child of God would be hearing God speak to him so soon, however, he kindly gave me his blessing and said for me to feel free to return anytime if things didn't work out.
I didn't have a job at home of course, nor anywhere to stay. But I trusted God and even asked Him for a specific job at the precise location I had worked a year or so previously before I left home. I resigned my current position and left that week.
I left town with my trusty surfboard on the roof and my few meagre possessions crammed into the boot (trunk for my American friends) on Good Friday, and arrived that night at my mothers doorstep to tell my very devout Catholic mum that I had come to know Jesus and needed a bed for a night or two. After reluctantly letting me in (she lived in a small apartment and had no desire to share it with the one who when he left town was not on very good terms with her). Assorted remarks concerning 'cult' and 'heresy' peppered our conversation that night, but she did see I was a different person than the one that left 15 months previously.
Mum asked me what I was going to do about work. I told her that I had prayed, that I was here because God told me to come, so He would provide the work. No problem. Now it was mum's turn to be dubious. 'Yeah right' she said. Or words to that effect. Of course there is no paper on Good Friday so had to wait until Saturday nite to view the work vacancies. I told mum what was the specific job I wanted which made her even more dubious. When I saw in that Saturday night paper the precise job offered I don't know who was more surprised, me or her. It was a close contest, but I think she won. I went in to apply the following Tuesday morning (Monday being a holiday) and started work there Wednesday. I had discovered that God answers prayers.
I joined the local church and after a couple of weeks, decided to try another prayer. I asked for a wife. It was time to settle down. By then I had a place to stay and was beginning to grow in my faith and love for my Saviour.
I was giving a message at the communion table 2 weeks later when she walked in. Sitting down shyly at the back of the church she was a total knockout and a complete and utter distraction from everything I was attempting to do at the table. Unfortunately she couldn't stand the sight of me and it took me quite a while to convince her that she was God's gift to me. We were married within 6 months.
Three years and 3 children later we found ourselves in another town and settling into what we hoped would be "the good life". A further child and another 6 years saw us back-slidden, both of us back into the dope (me growing and selling) and living and working in paradise. Again, on the surface one would think we had everything. I was working as a park ranger on 40,000 acres of native forest maintaining walking and tramping tracks in a catchment area that supplied drinking water for the city. Our kids were all healthy, and our home was supplied by my employer. Set at the top of the mountain range we had views to die for.
But again, underneath, things were not as good as they may have appeared. But we did love what we were doing, we loved each other, the work, the house, the area, the kids loved going into the bush hunting and fishing etc, our nearest neighbour who was my workmate and his family became our best friends but God was missing. And this made all the difference. Seeds were being sown in the minds of our children and despite our promises at church to raise them in the faith, they were being raised and exposed to a life quite different to what God intended for us. And there were occasions when friends or family could have done with some good solid Christian influence, counsel, and prayer, but we were awol. Others suffered because we weren't in a position to help , God suffered because His beloved children were playing the fool and trampling on the precious gift of His Son. And slowly but surely, we sunk deeper and deeper into a pit of our own choosing.
Another 2 children and another 5 or 6 years later and God opened my eyes. I was about to lose my wife, and my older children had left home and were doing all the exact same things I was doing before I even met Jesus so many years previously. Not only did God open my eyes to what was actually happening around me, but He also opened my eyes to what was happening inside me. I had become the same selfish, proud, arrogant, abusive unloving and unlovable person I used to be. And my wife God bless her had had enough.
I had a decision to make. Did I want to save my marriage? Did I want to keep this woman that God had given me nearly 20 years ago? And what was I willing to do to change the current situation? I realised there was only one thing to do. Just one.
I knelt down and prayed. I cried and cried and wept and called for my Saviour to forgive me for neglecting the precious gift of His salvation, for neglecting the precious gift of the mother of my children, and neglecting 6 wonderful kids. I asked forgiveness for not raising them in the faith as I had promised. I asked forgiveness for not being the spiritual leader in our household. And I asked God to heal us. To heal our marriage, to heal our children, to turn things around the way they ought to be. I asked Him to take me back to the beginning. Back to when I first came to know Him. So we could start again. Laying aside all I had been taught, forgetting inconsistencies in doctrine and unanswered and unasked questions, and laying aside all the ups and downs of our Christian walk previously (we had our reasons for leaving the church) I wanted to be taught afresh, right from the beginning.

I hadn't touched a Bible for over 10 or 12 years, but a scripture came immediately to mind, one that I couldn't even remember memorising. (If that makes any sense). It was in fact the only scripture, if asked, that I would have been able to quote. Jesus said to me at that moment through His Holy Spirit,
"Seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all those things I will add unto you".

Now, a further 16 years on, and I can testify that God has been as good as His word. What He had promised, He brought to pass. My wife and I are closer than we had ever been, despite my wife's reluctance to reconnect with her own faith.
I have discovered that the promise that the spouse is sanctified by the faith of the believer is a good promise. The closer my relationship with Jesus, I have discovered the closer my relationship with my wife becomes. So if I am drawing closer to Jesus, and my wife drawing closer to me, then she also is drawing closer to Jesus.
Five of my children have been baptised as adults, two of them married Christians and are raising my 10 grandchildren in the faith. I am no longer lonely lol.
As for my spiritual walk, the good Lord did take me back to the beginning, and started me again on the road of faith and taught me many things that before were never brought to light. And also many old things I once cherished He has proven false through the testimony of the scriptures. No longer holding to the traditions and teachings of man, I have discovered to my delight that the Bible is sufficient for all things pertaining to salvation and Christian practice. But one must approach the Word with an open heart, willing to be taught, and without any preconceptions.
Thank you Brake for that moving account !
Our God is Great, and His Word sure !
We thank Him for His great mercy to us all; in Christ Jesus !
Floyd.