Are there any Holy Ghost Tongue Talkers in here?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

This Vale Of Tears

Indian Papist
Jun 13, 2013
Idaho
StanJ said:
You'll have to support that POV with scripture, and as I know you cannot then you are wrong.
Claiming victory you haven't actually won makes you look just a little silly.

Then Peter said to them, “Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. (Acts 2:38)

“Can anyone forbid water, that these should not be baptized who have received the Holy Spirit just as we have?” (Acts 10:47)

For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body—whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free—and have all been made to drink into one Spirit. (1Corin 12:13)

JayP

Jun 18, 2014
England
StanJ said:
Stan, time and time again I have quoted the bible verses that define my beliefs, your only response has been "you're wrong". With no Biblical basis to back up you thoughts. So once again I'm going to point out that I am gonna trust what Jesus said and what the Spirit has revealed to me over what you are saying.

If you genuinely believe that unless you have spoken in tongues you aren't saved then I genuinely feel sorry for you and, more so, for those that you are in fellowship with.

My memory is not very good for short term stuff, but IF you did, I responded to them.

As I have NEVER stated this position, you obviously haven't been paying attention or are deliberately prevaricating about what I have been saying.
Its called logical progression; you said that if you have been baptised in the spirit then you have spoken tongues.
It is true that part of being saved is recieving the Holy Spirit. Ergo if you truely believe those two things then you must believe that the sign of a true believer is that they have spoken (or do speak) in tongues.

That is untrue!

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
JayP said:
Its called logical progression; you said that if you have been baptised in the spirit then you have spoken tongues.
It is true that part of being saved is recieving the Holy Spirit. Ergo if you truely believe those two things then you must believe that the sign of a true believer is that they have spoken (or do speak) in tongues.

That is untrue!
JayP.................let me come in here on this one.....StanJ is your Christian brother.....and if I remember correctly, he does not speak in tongues and also he believes as we all do....you don't have to speak in tongues to be a believer.......so me thinks you miss read him somewhere.

be cool..................................Cool Hand Luke

JayP

Jun 18, 2014
England
RANDOR said:
JayP.................let me come in here on this one.....StanJ is your Christian brother.....and if I remember correctly, he does not speak in tongues and also he believes as we all do....you don't have to speak in tongues to be a believer.......so me thinks you miss read him somewhere.

be cool..................................Cool Hand Luke
You may wanna go back to the first page of this discussion randor. He clearly states that "the INITIAL evidence" of salvation "IS speaking in tongues".

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
JayP said:
You may wanna go back to the first page of this discussion randor. He clearly states that "the INITIAL evidence" of salvation "IS speaking in tongues".
I saw that.........not sure that is what he meant though.................but hey......Im usually 99% right :)
My wife and I are the only ones who speak in tongues in our families....................but here is the reason the others don't....
Thay Haven't Asked........probably because they think they would look silly in front of others.
satans greatist stratigeeeeezzzzzzzz's :)

B

brakelite

I think that in todays churches there is a grave error and lack of discernment when it comes to seeking the power or presence of God in our lives. There is a prevailing desire for the 'gifts of the Spirit', and in context, they certainly have their place. That context is for the edification of the church, or for the publishing or promulgation of the gospel. That's all. They are not for self glorification...nor for pleasure...nor for a reassurance of one's salvation...nor are they for any selfish purpose whatsoever....God grants us His Spirit for one purpose only...to share His love with others. His gifts...tongues, prophecy,miracles, words of wisdom and knowledge, etc are given as tools or aids in sharing that love, in sharing the gospel with power.
In seeking the gifts however for selfish reasons the church has forgotten, or cast aside what Jesus said we ought to be seeking above all things.
"Seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, (how many of us are aware that holy living by the grace and power of God is set on equal terms to our salvation?)and all these things shall be added unto you".

This Vale Of Tears

Indian Papist
Jun 13, 2013
Idaho
brakelite said:
I think that in todays churches there is a grave error and lack of discernment when it comes to seeking the power or presence of God in our lives. There is a prevailing desire for the 'gifts of the Spirit', and in context, they certainly have their place. That context is for the edification of the church, or for the publishing or promulgation of the gospel. That's all. They are not for self glorification...nor for pleasure...nor for a reassurance of one's salvation...nor are they for any selfish purpose whatsoever....God grants us His Spirit for one purpose only...to share His love with others. His gifts...tongues, prophecy,miracles, words of wisdom and knowledge, etc are given as tools or aids in sharing that love, in sharing the gospel with power.
In seeking the gifts however for selfish reasons the church has forgotten, or cast aside what Jesus said we ought to be seeking above all things.
"Seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, (how many of us are aware that holy living by the grace and power of God is set on equal terms to our salvation?)and all these things shall be added unto you".
Very well said!

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
Hmmmmmmmmmmm...not pickin on anyone here............lets get that straight....
But..........why is it.........the ones that don't speak in tongues come up with all these excuses why you shouldn't.

I'm just sayin I recieved tongues only because I asked............and BAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! a lot of love came with it Praise His name

No...ya don't have to speak in tongues................but it's lookin like many are scared of it for some reason....interesting.....

But it is real............Hmmmmmmmmmmmm I guess many won't understand.......until.............they want to recieve it.

abidabidabidabidabidabida...that's all folks. :)

B

brakelite

RANDOR said:
Hmmmmmmmmmmm...not pickin on anyone here............lets get that straight....
But..........why is it.........the ones that don't speak in tongues come up with all these excuses why you shouldn't.

I'm just sayin I recieved tongues only because I asked............and BAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! a lot of love came with it Praise His name

No...ya don't have to speak in tongues................but it's lookin like many are scared of it for some reason....interesting.....

But it is real............Hmmmmmmmmmmmm I guess many won't understand.......until.............they want to recieve it.

abidabidabidabidabidabida...that's all folks. :)
Just for the record Randor. I can speak in tongues.

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
This Vale Of Tears said:
Claiming victory you haven't actually won makes you look just a little silly.

Then Peter said to them, “Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. (Acts 2:38)

“Can anyone forbid water, that these should not be baptized who have received the Holy Spirit just as we have?” (Acts 10:47)

For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body—whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free—and have all been made to drink into one Spirit. (1Corin 12:13)
Well these are scriptures OK, so what do they mean to you?

Peter spoke in Acts 2 at the time of the initial baptism of the Holy Spirit and indeed if you get saved, you will receive the Holy Spirit just as the Apostles did, with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues. That is how Peter knew they had received the Holy Spirit in Acts 10:47, if you also read it with v46.
As Paul was talking about GIFTS of the Holy Spirit in 1 Cor 12, I don't see how the verse you quoted supports your POV. There IS only ONE Holy Spirit, but what Paul is teaching here has nothing to do with receiving the Baptism of the Holy Spirit as a post salvic experience.
JayP said:
o wit

That is untrue!
Well that is the problem with LOGIC. If you don't accept the premise you can't accept the logic.
I have quoted Acts 19:1-7 several times and yet nobody has apparently read it. What you purport above is NOT a fact because Acts 19 shows it isn't, not because I say so. Every occasion in the NT where people receive the Holy Spirit, shows that the INITIAL evidence is speaking in tongues, hence that is how it works. It has nothing to do with being saved, but receiving what Jesus promised His disciples and through them all believers. As is clearly shown in Acts 19, those disciples did not KNOW of the Baptism of the Holy Spirit, so did not receive it. Sadly today many who get saved also do not KNOW or are not informed for a number of reason, some of which are obviously because they are part of a church that does NOT believe this fact.
Paul NEVER condemned those men for NOT being true believers, all he did was rectify their lack of knowledge and experience. I wish it was that simple today, but sadly some doctrines of men prevent some believers from experiencing the fullness of the Holy Spirit in their lives. They are not to be looked down upon or treated as second class believers, as there is no such thing. They need to be properly instructed and compliant to God's word.

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
brakelite said:
Just for the record Randor. I can speak in tongues.
That's great brakelite..........I get a little beat up on for reasons I don't understand........but........it is a big deal....for those who have recieved it....because it strengthened your faith.....to another level. Lets just say...it's another tool to battle our adversary.
God Bless!

logabe

Aug 28, 2008
RANDOR said:
That's great brakelite..........I get a little beat up on for reasons I don't understand........but........it is a big deal....for those who have recieved it....because it strengthened your faith.....to another level. Lets just say...it's another tool to battle our adversary.
God Bless!
It's the second great feast that God wants us to experience. Deut. 16:16 says,

16 "Three times in a year all your males shall appear
before the LORD your God in the place which He chooses,
at the Feast of Unleavened Bread and at the Feast of
Weeks and at the Feast of Booths, and they shall not
appear before the LORD empty-handed.

The first is Passover (Unleavened Bread) where our initial salvation begins by
believing on the Lamb of God.

The second is Pentecost (Feast of Weeks) where the Israelites were given the
Law @ Mount Sinai. We experience this feast by receiving a greater anointing
of the Holy Ghost. That doesn't mean we are better than anyone else, but it
means God is separating you for His Work. I've seen Christians receive the Holy
Spirit and never get passed speaking in tongues because they didn't know the
purpose of the experience, which is, God teaching you His Laws so you can
become a Judge in the next Age. 1st Cor. 6:2 says,

2 Or do you not know that the saints will judge the
world? If the world is judged by you, are you not
competent to constitute the smallest law courts?

You begin to be taught by God the Divine Law so you can qualify in the next Age to
be a Judge. That's the ultimate purpose of Pentecost. You become a priest and a king
that delegates authority over the people that God will give you in the next Age. Give
me a scripture. Luke 19:16-17 says,

16 "The first appeared, saying, 'Master, your mina has made
ten minas more.'
17 "And he said to him, 'Well done, good slave, because you
have been faithful in a very little thing, you are to be in
authority over ten cities.'

What a God! What a Plan!

Logabe