Are we Christians or Jews?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Insight

Aug 7, 2011
With so many people posting from the Old Testament things related to the nation of Israel, I am a bit taken back. Have we learned nothing from Paul? I completely understand principles from the Old Covenant transferring to the New Covenant, but so many have gone overboard. I honestly think many need to go back and re-read (study) our testament. We should be Christians not Judaizers.
Simple guideline to follow.

Written in the Old Testament, mentioned in the gospels, continued through Acts, expounded upon in the epistles. Something to keep practice.

Understand not all criteria need or can always be met, but this will serve as an outline.

We are both Christians and Jews.

Else we would have no adoption and be aliens from the Commonwealth of Israel and without Christ.

If one is not adopted into the Israel Tree they are dead in their sins.

Its all about the "Hope of Israel" which Paul was chained and "Salvation is of the Jews" as Christ throughout his ministry.

A true Christian is an adopted Jew in the spiritual sense.

Insight

lawrance

Mar 30, 2011
I would say you should become like Israel.
Jacob became Israel ?
True Christianity is Israel by inheritance.

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
By the Spirit we are grafted into Israel through our faith in Jesus Christ.
Being grafted in I can not boast against the root, tree, or broken branches. Romans 11:16-32
My quarrel is against those who twist O.T. texts to suit their purposes in arguments and things of the like. Also against those who try to tie us back to works.

As brother Prentis points out faith without fruit is dead, with love being the fruit. My opinion is I will practice love over working sacrifices on an altar any day.

Nice point Mr.

We go from wrestling with God in the flesh to ruling as God in the Spirit

Insight
What do you mean "ruling as God" in the Spirit.

For we know God is Spirit. John 4:24
All dominion was given to Jesus Christ Revelation 1 5-6
We are kings and priests unto God, but not God.
It is Jesus who is equal with God. Plilippians 2:6

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would not think to single out anyone person or group, just Christians in general. Judaism, imho, would be those who try to tie us back to works.

Romans 3:19-20
Now we know that whatever the Law says, it speaks to those who are under the Law, so that every mouth may be closed and be accountable to God; because by the works of the Law no flesh will be justified in His sight; for through the Law comes the knowledge of sin.

Amen! That's what a lot of Christians are trying to do, too.

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
By the Spirit we are grafted into Israel through our faith in Jesus Christ.
Being grafted in I can not boast against the root, tree, or broken branches. Romans 11:16-32
My quarrel is against those who twist O.T. texts to suit their purposes in arguments and things of the like. Also against those who try to tie us back to works.

As brother Prentis points out faith without fruit is dead, with love being the fruit. My opinion is I will practice love over working sacrifices on an altar any day.

What do you mean "ruling as God" in the Spirit.

For we know God is Spirit. John 4:24
All dominion was given to Jesus Christ Revelation 1 5-6
We are kings and priests unto God, but not God.
It is Jesus who is equal with God. Plilippians 2:6

Amen! :)

Obedience is better than sacrifice, and the love of God is to obey his commands.

The fulfilling of the law is love, and in the Spirit there is freedom to love. All this comes together when we see we are to walk in this love. This is good and pleasing in the sight of God!

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would say you should become like Israel.
Jacob became Israel ?
True Christianity is Israel by inheritance.

Israel is a rebellious tree, else continual blessings would be the reward. Jerusalem shunned her divine visitation. I say we should become like Jesus Christ. He is our head not Israel.

Comm.Arnold

Apr 7, 2011
White-Anglo-Saxon-Protestant or WASP for short. Possibly a converted, repented Assyrian if you go back far enough you people like to keep things non-violent. We still don't appreciate what happened to Jesus.

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
White-Anglo-Saxon-Protestant or WASP for short. Possibly a converted, repented Assyrian if you go back far enough you people like to keep things non-violent. We still don't appreciate what happened to Jesus.
This post is a bit odd.
Not sure what you mean here.

thisistheendtimes

Mar 3, 2008
In those days, all unbelievers were 'MEMBERS OF GREEK CIVILIZATION' (everybody else was a JEW), but for those who are spiritually IN JESUS (spiritually living INside the body that hung on the cross, the body that became the new worship temple, John 2:21), there are NO JEWS at all, neither are there any "Greeks" (Gentiles....unbelievers)...

Galatians 3:28 "neither Jew nor Greek". .......(spirits inside Jesus don't have any GENDER either ,...."neither male nor female").

The Jews were baptized into MOSES, we are baptized into JESUS (this must be clearly understood)...

1 Corinthians 10:2 "and all were baptized into Moses".

In Acts 11:26 "and in Antioch the disciples were first called Christians".

The "Incident at Antioch" (Hebrew followers of the promised Messiah) is referred to in that verse.

The chief Pharisee (SAUL) persecuted the followers of Jesus (Acts 9:2, "THE WAY"). Paul was never a "Christian" (Acts 19:9 and other verses).

The Council of Jerusalem was around 50 A.D (17 years after the crucifixion).

Neither the word "Christianity" nor the word "bible" are in scripture at all, The word "Christian" is used twice, the word "Christians" only once.

Jesus characterized Peter the denier by saying that Peter was not on the side of God....

Mark 8:33 "But turning and seeing his disciples, he rebuked Peter, and said, "Get behind me, Satan! For you are not on the side of God, but of men".

The Hebrew "Christians" never advanced their devotion to a state of "maturity" (Hebrews 6:1) but remained as "babes in Christ" (1 Corinthians 3:1) with only a "faith TOWARD God", but not a "faith FOR FAITH" (Romans 1:17, Hebrews 11:6). They were taught ("fed") "milk", but never moved on to "solid food"... . 1 Corinthians 3:2 "I fed you with milk, not solid food, for you were not ready for it, and even yet you are not ready".

There are many differences ("depths of God", 1 Corinthians 2:10) between a Jewish Messianic devotion and the devotion of a "True worshiper" (John 4:23).

The "strong delusion" is not a future event. SAUL (the chief Pharisee) persecuted the true followers of Jesus....Acts 9:2.

John 14:6 "I am THE WAY...".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incident_at_Antioch

All verses are from the RSV.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK, you Christian Heavy Metalheads...

At times I do like Heavy Metal. All the Satan crap most of the songs talk about, as well as the religious themes they attempt, I don't want to listen to.

But Heavy Metal has it's place. If you'd be so kind, suggest some good Christian metal for me by song that I can access via Itunes. Let me see what they say. I am ignorant as to what is out there.... I've heard of Styper, but that's about it, and I can't name one of their songs.

There are heavy metal songs I appeciate, and I'll be happy to talk about them. However, none of them are pertinent.... They are historically based, or just pleasing to my ear.

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul was never a "Christian" (Acts 19:9 and other verses).

I stand to refute that. I would say Paul was a Christians' Christian, speaking boldly and proclaiming the gospel of Jesus Christ.

thisistheendtimes

Mar 3, 2008
Justaname,

Okay, so you want Paul to be a "christian"...(hooray congratulations, etc.). You can also make Paul a Yankee, a Dodgers fan, a Red Sox fan.....whatever you'd like, it does not change what the truth is about the topic being discussed (the goal here is to establish the truth about what is being discussed, no/yes?).

Now, if you'd like to contradict/disregard scripture, clearly state that and I'll understand that further discovery of the truth is useless.

Your reply was unmistakably SHORT (very short). This is a VERY common way that people respond to what I write. The reason it is done like that is because......

....there is really no intelligent alternative available.

Look to the left at the top of my post where the picture should be. Then look at the words below that are in blue (it's the second time I've noticed this, I'm the only one I've noticed that has this distinction). Apparently, I present a danger to the status quo comfort zones of traditional belief (in other words...REAL TRUTH is very uncomfortable to this world and is often not tolerated by some). Many people have enjoyed reading what I write and are dedicated to TRUTH, but some react very harshly because it destroys what makes them famous...'MASTER SCHOLARS' (pride),

...in other words, my writing has...

...."turned the world upside down"....Acts 17:6.

......"turned the world upside down" truth will be APPROACHED WITH CAUTION by EVERY HUMAN BEING no matter how spiritual the intent (MAN'S spirituality or GOD SPIRITUALITY).

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But you still have not proved Paul was not a Christian. This last post was more about you, showing your own pride. I simply wanted to state I don't agree with your statement about Paul, and I don't need a page response to do that. I do like some of your other ideas in your first post though, but where do you place the baptism of the HolySpirit?