Are we crazy? Concerning ourselves with the return of the Lord, when He has already been with the blind, lame, lepers, deaf, dead, poor? Discuss.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi there,

So remember how God said John was more than a prophet and how that his disciples should go and tell John "how that the blind see, the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, the deaf hear, the dead are raised, to the poor the gospel is preached". What if Jesus was speaking prophetically, that He would return to these people, before He returned to the world? What if Jesus was just about His ministry, now and we missed it, because we thought that Him coming on clouds was the only relevant scripture, to our faith? What about John? What if he has already come back and started ministering to the poor, the way he was serving the Lord before his beheading? How would you know? Does God interrupt you and say "I've already preached to the poor, go do something else"?

Jesus said that they would say "he is here" or "he is there" and that we should not pay attention to them. What if this was meant to mean, "don't go back to a life where you are not serving me" that is that Jesus would meet us where the work was, on the road ahead. What am I missing here? Does it mean less, if I meet Jesus where He was, how is that possible? Surely it must mean more, that there is something greater than the return of Christ: to be doing His Will. Now He doesn't condemn us, but have we got the bug, the Holy Spirit bug? We plan to rescue someone, some day and that shapes us into what we ought to be. But what if our return would be greater, if we reached out to Jesus where He was. I feel like He is so close, right now!

The Bible says in Luke "the time is coming when you will seek just one of the days of the Son of Man and you will not find it" (from memory) - is that waiting on the clouds, to reveal Jesus, when He has already come and gone? Surely God has not disappointed us, that we not enjoy Him on Earth, but how long can you tolerate children who won't do what they're told? Haven't we been told "when you did it for the least of these, you did it for me" (from memory)? What if the power of God could only be tapped, if you reached out to these people that need Jesus (more than you do)? Do we owe it to the Lord, to obey Him, even when the return of His coming again is unclear to us? What did we think would give us hope - that we quoted all manner of scriptures? What happens to someone psychologically, when all they do is wait for something that they never do? Surely scripture, can't make us sick?

What we need to pray, is "send angels, Lord"? If the path to the Lord was lit up with the sword's of Angels, we could see how the Lord was waiting for us - where He was waiting, except that God strictly forbids boasting in the afterlife. God can't light the way, because then the world would fall apart, in disbelief - disbelief that Jesus was who He said He was, where He was, what He was for. But the flipside of this, is that we can reach out to Jesus, on His way to us. Imagine life is over, and you have reached out to Jesus without waiting to see where certain scriptures were fulfilled, would you not have a far far far greater reward? Jesus promised reward, but do we really seek Him out to receive it? The Holy Spirit may compel us, that is certainly true!

Just imagine, for a moment, that you've found Jesus, and that it is not at the moment that was prophesized - would that be so bad?

God bless (all of us).