Are we the third temple?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Are our physical bodies the third temple? Will the antichrist stand in the temple and declare himself God? I could see technology leading to complete privacy invasion, including our bodies.

Or will there be an actual brick and mortar "Temple"? What say you?
We: the faithful Christian peoples are the Spiritual Temple of God on earth for this Church age.

But there will be a new actual Temple built in Jerusalem, greater that any of the previous ones; Haggai 2:9, before Jesus Returns, built by Christian people coming from far away, Zechariah 6:15, it will be dedicated to God, 2 Thess 2:4, Ezekiel 43:1-4 and the Anti-Christ will desecrate it, Daniel 9:27 1/2 years before Jesus Returns, to reign from it for the next thousand years. Revelation 20:1-6

Last edited:
Reactions: Mantis

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You kind of lost me there.
Matthew 25:31-32

"When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory: And before him shall be gathered all nations:"

It will not be outside, but in a Temple.

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Are our physical bodies the third temple? Will the antichrist stand in the temple and declare himself God? I could see technology leading to complete privacy invasion, including our bodies.

Our bodies are the third temple and no the bible doesn’t say anything about the antichrist standing in a literal temple.

The man of sin isn’t the antichrist and revelation says nothing about the antichrist standing in a literal temple and actually revelation doesn’t even mention the term antichrist at all.

The same John who wrote revelation is also the only writer of the bible to use the term antichrist in his epistles and he doesn’t use the term antichrist in revelation do you ever wonder why?

The antichrist gets confused for the beast of revelation and they are not the same entity they have descriptions and different purposes

I believe the man of sin Paul mentions and the beast was Nero and he symbolically stood in the temple when he declared himself god over everything including the church. Paul also died under Nero’s reign

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We: the faithful Christian peoples are the Spiritual Temple of God on earth for this Church age.

But there will be a new actual Temple built in Jerusalem, greater that any of the previous ones; Haggai 2:9, before Jesus Returns, built by Christian people coming from far away, Zechariah 6:15, it will be dedicated to God, 2 Thess 2:4, Ezekiel 43:1-4 and the Anti-Christ will desecrate it, Daniel 9:27 1/2 years before Jesus Returns, to reign from it for the next thousand years. Revelation 20:1-6

It will be built by Orthodox Jews who are still keeping the old covenant law of Moses, to sacrifice animal in under the law - which is why the son of perdition stops the sacrifice in it at the mid trib point. as part of the abomination of desolation.

The Haggai 2 verse pertains to the second temple, under the old covenant:

Hag 2:1 In the seventh month, on the twenty-first day of the month, the word of the LORD came by the hand of Haggai the prophet:

Hag 2:2 “Speak now to Zerubbabel the son of Shealtiel, governor of Judah, and to Joshua the son of Jehozadak, the high priest, and to all the remnant of the people, and say,

Hag 2:3 ‘Who is left among you who saw this house in its former glory? How do you see it now? Is it not as nothing in your eyes?

Hag 2:4 Yet now be strong, O Zerubbabel, declares the LORD. Be strong, O Joshua, son of Jehozadak, the high priest. Be strong, all you people of the land, declares the LORD. Work, for I am with you, declares the LORD of hosts,

Hag 2:5 according to the covenant that I made with you when you came out of Egypt. My Spirit remains in your midst. Fear not.

The first part tells us the past time period in this passage:

J F and B commentary:

Who is left ... that saw ... first glory — Many elders present at the laying of the foundation of the second temple who had seen the first temple (Ezr 3:12, Ezr 3:13) in all its glory, wept at the contrast presented by the rough and unpromising appearance of the former in its beginnings. From the destruction of the first temple to the second year of Darius Hystaspes, the date of Haggai’s prophecy, was a space of seventy years (Zec 1:12); and to the first year of Cyrus, or the end of the captivity, fifty-two years; so that the elders might easily remember the first temple

This is history of the second temple, not prophecy of the still unbuilt third temple to come.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The man of sin isn’t the antichrist and revelation says nothing about the antichrist standing in a literal temple and actually revelation doesn’t even mention the term antichrist at all.
This is totally hilarious and extremely misleading. So are you here to try and confuse people, or exactly what is your agenda?

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This is totally hilarious and extremely misleading. So are you here to try and confuse people, or exactly what is your agenda?

So does revelation mention the term antichrist or even an antichrist or anyone standing in a third temple? No it doesn’t.

John is the only writer in the bible to mention the term antichrist and John wrote his epistles and revelation and didn’t use the term antichrist once in revelation. Read about what John says antichrist is and what the antichrist purpose is in his epistles and you will see a totally different description and purpose from the sea beast of revelation.

No my purpose isn’t to confuse anyone but to reveal the truth.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Ask yourself, can Christ Himself as our Cornerstone of the spiritual temple ever be corrupted by anyone or anything? If you say yes, then you reveal that you do not belong to Christ. (see Ephesians 2:18-22 about that spiritual temple)

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So does revelation mention the term antichrist or even an antichrist or anyone standing in a third temple? No it doesn’t.
Revelation does NOT have to use the term "Antichrist" or "Man of Sin" or "Son of Perdition" or "Little Horn". It is your duty to make all the valid connections between these terms and see that they all speak about the same person. So if you wish to find a link which makes all the connections, study the period of time assigned to the Antichrist in Daniel and Revelation. Both books speak of 1260 days, 42 months, 3 1/2 years. time, times, and half a time (or the dividing of time), "a week" (heptad) and "the midst of a week". And that is exactly half of seven years.

Reactions: Davy and Keraz

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Revelation does NOT have to use the term "Antichrist" or "Man of Sin" or "Son of Perdition" or "Little Horn". It is your duty to make all the valid connections between these terms and see that they all speak about the same person. So if you wish to find a link which makes all the connections, study the period of time assigned to the Antichrist in Daniel and Revelation. Both books speak of 1260 days, 42 months, 3 1/2 years. time, times, and half a time (or the dividing of time), "a week" (heptad) and "the midst of a week". And that is exactly half of seven years.

There are lots of different times of 3 1/2 years in the bible thats why they are named differently ex 1260 days, 42 months, 3 1/2 years time, times, and half a time

The antichrist is a deceiving spirt more than one and have already been on the earth just as John says below in the only verses in the bible that use the term antichrist

1 John 2:18
18 Dear children, this is the last hour; and as you have heard that the antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come. This is how we know it is the last hour.

1 John 2:22
22 Who is the liar? It is whoever denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a person is the antichrist—denying the Father and the Son.

1 John 4:3
3 but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world.

2 John 1:7
I say this because many deceivers, who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh, have gone out into the world. Any such person is the deceiver and the antichrist.

When you read these descriptions of the antichrist above you will see that they describe something completely different from what we read about the sea beast or the man of sin or the little horn thus they are not the same.

What I am saying is exactually what the bible says so I am not bringing confusion as you claim I am saying what the bible teaches.

If you read the gospel of John you will see that John's description of the antichrist perfectly matches Jesus description of apostate Israel. Apostate Israel was already in the world at John's time and they denied that Jesus was the Christ and came from God and Jesus said that because of that they also denied the Father.

Thus the antichrist is deceiving spirt which denies Jesus as God and the man of sin or the little horn or even the sea beast of revelation is a self glorifying persecuting destroying being so I did do my duty.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are lots of different times of 3 1/2 years in the bible thats why they are named differently ex 1260 days, 42 months, 3 1/2 years time, times, and half a time

That's kind of misleading.

The 42 months of Revelation 11 and 13 is the same timing as the time, times, and half a time in the Book of Daniel and in Revelation 12. The 1260 days of Revelation 11 is the same timing as the 42 months, and the time, times, and half a time. Why? Because they all... refer to the event of the last days Jesus called the "great tribulation". But there is a very 'small' difference between reckoning by months vs. days. Reckoning by lunar cycles is about 10 days shorter than reckoning by solar cycles. And the reason no doubt why prophecy given in months (i.e., 42 lunar months) for the devil and his is because they represent the children of darkness. But prophecy given in days is for the children of light, Christ's faithful servants (i.e., 1260 days that God's two witnesses are to prophesy).

The antichrist is a deceiving spirt more than one and have already been on the earth just as John says below in the only verses in the bible that use the term antichrist

1 John 2:18
18 Dear children, this is the last hour; and as you have heard that the antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come. This is how we know it is the last hour.

You might want to check your grammar, because that "as you have heard that the antichrist is coming" means a SINGULAR Antichrist. The latter phrase is about the "many antichrists" idea you're referring to. So if you don't know that a 'singular' pseudo-Christ is coming first prior to our Lord Jesus' future coming, then you are already deceived, and prepped to fall away to the first supernatural one that shows up.