Are you allowed to say words like the word 'idiot', etc

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
as a Christian? I and another member don't know the answer to this so I thought I'd give my thoughts first. The word 'idiot' to me is a bad name calling so it can be considered under 'filthy words', is that so? like the bible also says not to say 'You fool!' it is directed and degrading but if you say, 'you're being foolish', it should be ok, right? Thanks a lot for the responses
My favorite is "Stupidiot", but no, I don't believe in saying such things to people.

We have a very high standard to which we are called to attain:

Ephesians 4:29 KJV
Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.

Much love!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would rather raise and lift someone up than bring someone down.

Abiding in Christ we wouldn't by the spirit desire to put someone down.
The Flesh however is always willing to put anyone down at any point in time.

I believe that people here have given good advice along with scriptural biblical bias.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The word idiot has been defined - Idiots. —Those so defective that the mental development never exceeds that or a normal child of about two years'

Based on this definition caution to the wind I would not use this word to anyone as its demeaning and offensive.
But it maybe true ?
Truth is that what being a Christian is all about.
It's not about being or being seen to be a goody goody, as any idiot can be that or a fool as a fool is a fool as the Bible points such out one point about pointing out one as a Fool, you have to read the reason as to why and you will find out that it was intent in fact to undermine ones faith ? in face that was the topics intent, as the faith of one with little faith in fact or a young person who is seeking and you may undermine that faith if you deal with the subject in the wrong way.

All people are idiots in fact.
Don't you ever think that you were such an idiot at times looking back and you seek to remedy that position, all people can grow and some never do truly in fact. because they are possessed or stupid.

I had a mate that I always took his position as that he would one day grow up, in fact a few were like such but in different ways each were lacking. This bloke Mick would rub people up the wrong way who were my good friends and they had little time for him because he was always a pain for them they would say don't bring him out riding with us in fear that he would make the day a problem one.
I persisted with him and his faults that are mainly typical for his position but his faults only got worse as he got older, he got more sooky and became more toxic with malice towards everyone his dad mum and everyone was the problem, but the fact was it was him that is the problem clearly in fact on every issue.
He is a typical Atheist under delusions. sure he was very smart on the Law and he could even go and attack the Tax department full on, because he knew the Laws better than anyone in the department by far, so they feared him that he would go the officers. old mick would use every trick in the book as a builder shafting everyone that he could. that's all that he did and he thought of himself as being smarter than everyone who he shafted and despised all of them who he ripped off because they fell for it.

I have always seen people who get totally riled over some word that people may use that offends them so deeply, but are blank when it comes to intent ? this blokes intentions are all malice but he never swears he uses childish words that replace such that may offend like flippin and floppin etc taking place but the agro is their for all to see.

So it's the words that hurt but the intent to destroy others is disregarded. but I am offended by a persons intent that is Malice and could not care about words that one may claim as taboo.

If the shoe fits then the word fits regardless.

Even the greatest detective in the world Hercule Poirot has exclaimed that he is 1000 times an idiot at times, but says if they try and lead him down the garden path that that is their biggest mistake.

Stupid is, Stupid does.
Fool ? we are all fools in fact, if we are honest with ourselves, but to what degree ? that's the point.
Mistakes ? one makes such but do you learn from them ? as such one is a lesson learnt indeed.

If one may offend you that does not mean such is due to malice, but healthy constructive criticism and a intelligent person would take heed.