Are you evil?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Are you evil?

• Total voters

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Simple question, Are you evil?

kjw47

Feb 18, 2014
There seem to be 2 views of evil---mans distorted view and Gods clear view. Matt 7:21-23-- shows some out of great love and respect for Jesus and their fellow man do powerful works, cast out demons, etc--yet Jesus confesses to them--Get away from me you workers of iniquity--I never even knew you( this is judgement day)---Jaws will be dropped. The statement I never even knew you means that ones name is not written in the book of life. If it were Jesus would know them.
These are Christians( or being told they are Christian) they believe, will call on the lord and do many good works--where did they fail?
2 points Jesus brings up---1) only those who live to do Gods will now will enter his kingdom( be saved)--2) a worker of iniquity = a practicer of sin. 1 John 3 teaches--- it is impossible for a child of God to practice even 1 sin.--- This world is in trouble.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
A wise man once showed me that every motivation of ours is selfish. Even if we ministered to thousands and have given everything to the poor, we have done this for selfish reasons. We have all the promises of God to entice us to do his will.
Suppose God gave no promises, no reward in heaven, no eternal life, no salvation, and no answered prayers. Would anyone still love him? If you look at it that way even the kingdom minded among humans can't hold a candle to God's goodness.

Yet in his goodness God has provided salvation through Jesus Christ. And he has made us clean and acceptable to him. Can anything acceptable to God be evil?

Then what about Matthew 7:11

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
I voted yes

Simply because I know I am not pure and Holy and perfect

I am an obnoxious helicopter pilot !!!!

Not only that ... it pi$$es me off when people word polls that do not contain all the proper response choices

I said that just to prove I am evil !!!

Hell .... ZZ Top even went so far as called me a servant of the devil !!! http://www.christianityboard.com/topic/20047-just-why-do-the-devils-ministers-hate-acts-238-so-much/?p=224903

Here is another scoundrel .... Evel Knievel at the Crystal Cathederal
http://www.godtube.com/watch/?v=F22J1NNU

lforrest said:
Simple question, Are you evil?
I have a simple question for you ...

How come you didn't vote in the poll ??

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
I was hoping to get some discussion that would help me decide. But I can always change my vote later.

Being called evil by some people... I would take it to mean that your doing something right.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Hashe said:
I'm not really sure of the point of the poll?
To try and make people respond more personally and less rhetorically.

BrainofJT

Apr 10, 2014
United States
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come. 2 Corinthians 5:17

We are new creations at the point we accept Christ as our savior. I doubt our new creation is "evil".

Also, I don't agree with the practice of labeling other people as evil. I wrote a blog post about it called Should We be Labeling Individual People as Evil?

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Hashe said:
So you pick and emotive poll? How did that work out?
The answers people are giving in the poll are thoughtful and everyone is elaborating. I couldn't ask for better.

Purity

May 20, 2013
Melbourne
Jer 17:9 is a key verse for the common human condition - John the Baptist said "all flesh is grass" Jeremiah viewed it in a much darker light.

Answer his question "who can know it?"

Arnie Manitoba said:
Only evil people will claim to have no sin in them

'cept for Jesus
If there is none good but God by its very meaning Jesus must be saying something in him is not good. ;)

When I fall into a certain sin for the first time, I may stand aghast, horrified at it. When I fall into it the second time, I am not more aghast, but less. if I go on sinning long enough, I cannot see the thing that belongs unto my peace at all, and I cannot see sin as sin. The conscience that once shouted 'This is wrong!' now only whispers and in the end may be silent altogether. Sin is unique in all God's universe in that the more you practice it, the less you know its nature. Leslie Dixon Weatherhead (14 October 1893 – 5 January 1976) as an English Christian theologian in the liberal Protestant tradition.

The nature of man and Christ is/was evil because its the source of all wickedness - inherent in its members is the condemnation of death which could not be removed through our own efforts, therefore God raised up an holy seed from David to overcome its propensities and destroy the devil or that which has the power of death i.e. sin.

God is all powerful all knowing so if there was a way to redeem the deceitful nature He would have - there was no way but the cross - put it to death - kill it and its lusts. Gal 5:24 cmp Jer 17:9

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
BrainofJT said:
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come. 2 Corinthians 5:17

We are new creations at the point we accept Christ as our savior. I doubt our new creation is "evil".

Also, I don't agree with the practice of labeling other people as evil. I wrote a blog post about it called Should We be Labeling Individual People as Evil?
Floyd.

Purity

May 20, 2013
Melbourne
I like this quote also Matt 5:20 as we know they will be thrust out of his Kingdom when he returns Luke 13:28

By the Masters actions these must be considered evil or better put vessels of dishonour.

Wormwood

Chaps
Apr 9, 2013
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul continually refers to Christians as "saints" or "agios" or "holy ones." It is true that all humanity has a bent toward evil and we live in a dark world. However, those who belong to Christ are set apart and made holy. The Holy Spirit does not dwell in evil or idolatrous temples. He who knew no sin became sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God.

Secondhand Lion

Jan 30, 2012
People's Republic of Maryland
I finally decided on yes I am. It is a tricky question because I know, left to my own devices and motives, I will always mess up. The flip side of that is that I do have Christ dwelling in me. So, I know in my natural man, no good thing dwells, yet Christ dwells in me.

The question is, Am I evil? I have no righteousness to offer of my own, I have to rely on Christ's...making me evil and anything good I happen to do, is Christ working through me.

Romans 7:15-25

SL

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
RANDOR said:
All I know is I pick up my cross daily...and being washed in the blood....I stand.
We are not evil ("in Him who became sin for us"); that question applies to those outside the Love of Christ Jesus.
It is therefore a Trick question!
Floyd.