Are You For or Against The Death Penalty?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Are You For or Against The Death Penalty

• Total voters

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
Northern British Columbia, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Quote by Junebet: If it had been for me I would not even have executed Hitler, had he stood trial. All human beings are made in the image of God, even the ones whose souls have lost the way.
------------------------------------------------------------------

I think there's no use commenting on this.
Would be a waste of time.

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Check scripture:

The Ten Commandments forbid murder, not killing.
For, following them in the very next chapter in Exodus, we read:

• "He who strikes his father or his mother shall surely be put to death." Ex. 21:15
  • "He who kidnaps a man... shall surely be put to death." Ex. 21:16
  • "He who curses his father or his mother shall surely be put to death." Ex. 21:17
  • "If a man acts with premeditation against his neighbor to kill him... you shall take him [even] from My altar [if he's seeking sanctuary there, e.g., 1 Ki. 1:50-52; 2:28-34], that he may die." Ex. 21:14
  • "If an unborn baby is killed] you shall give life for life." Ex. 21:23
It is not plausible (nor wise) to suppose that God contradicted Himself just a few sentences after delivering the Ten Commandments to Moses.

Clearly God prohibited murder but insisted upon execution of murderers and others.

Some Christians, however, are so influenced by the world's philosophy that they are ashamed of the Lord's own words in Exodus 21.

Others talk as though God was a bad God in the Old Testament but that now in the New, He is a much nicer God, as though He has gone through a rite of passage.

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
More:

Jesus affirmed the Mosaic Law even to the keeping of the "least of these commandments" (Mat. 5:17-19).

He blasted the Pharisees for giving their own ideas precedence over God's commands:

• "Why do you also transgress the commandment of God because of your tradition? For God commanded, saying... `He who curses father or mother, let him be put to death.' But you say..." Mat. 15:3-4

• "For laying aside the commandment of God, you hold the tradition of men..." [Jesus] said to them, "All too well you reject the commandment of God, that you may keep your tradition.

• For Moses said, 'Honor your father and your mother; and 'He who curses father or mother, let him be put to death.' But you say..." Mark 7:8-11

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
More:

The Apostle Paul did not object to the death penalty. He knew his rights as a Roman citizen and defended them, and he knew that God's word commanded that, "Whoever is deserving of death shall be put to death..." (Deut. 17:6).

Yet while on trial, he volunteered the following endorsement of capital punishment to Porcius Festus, Governor in Caesarea:

• "For if I am an offender, or have committed anything deserving of death, I do not object to dying; but if there is nothing in these things of which these men accuse me, no one can deliver me to them. I appeal to Caesar." Acts 25:11
  • Then Festus, when he had conferred with the council, answered, "You have appealed to Caesar? To Caesar you shall go!" Acts 25:12
And on it goes in scripture, Old Testament and New Testament.
God does not change, same yesterday, today and tomorrow.
Don't be fooled by liberal left wing ungodly policies.

MattMooradian

Apr 3, 2020
MUNSTER, Indiana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We do not decide on the death penalty, we only have an opinion. The leaders of the land decide on weather the death penalty will be legal or not. If my country allows for the death penalty, then I am for it. If my country opposes the death penalty, then I am against it. I will not take another person's life (God willing). So, I would not choose to be the hangman as a career. The question is: would any here choose to be the hangman for their career?

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We do not decide on the death penalty, we only have an opinion. The leaders of the land decide on weather the death penalty will be legal or not. If my country allows for the death penalty, then I am for it. If my country opposes the death penalty, then I am against it. I will not take another person's life (God willing). So, I would not choose to be the hangman as a career. The question is: would any here choose to be the hangman for their career?

So, as a Christian should we not go by what scripture says?