Are you here to convert people?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
It's okay, you can't grasp the concept. Jesus expected that some would not;
"Who, as He already existed in the form of God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped," Phil. 2:6

All biblical concepts point to the same truth -> Jesus explicitly tells us who his God and the God of his followers is.

I’ve listened to his voice. I’ve listened to your voice. I know which one to follow and have.

I’m not here to convert you or anyone else. I’m also not here to discuss that which Board policy says must not be discussed.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
An old school exercise. An ice breaker at the start of a semester. Written on the blackboard before students entered the classroom:

Name a god. Any god. From the Bible or from outside the Bible.

If the Messiah doesn’t identify that god as his God and the God of his disciples then would you have that god as your God?

I didn’t answer the question for my students and I won’t answer it for my readers. It’s a rhetorical question.

I didn’t ask my students to answer the question. I’m not going to ask my readers to answer the question.

The only thing I asked my students is the only thing I ask my readers - did you think about it?

I don’t want to know or need to know how anyone answers the question.

What I would like to know but don’t need to know is this - did they think about it?