Are you here to convert people?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
That's a harsh judgment. The majority of conversations are respectful and kind. I know what mean though, sometimes people get mean and say things they normally wouldn't to your face, insulting you, defaming your character ... implying you aren't a Christian. You develop thick skin after awhile and just say bye and put them on the ignore list. Of course if you are one of those Christians who has an unorthodox view, then you can expect lots of pushback and discord. Mess with Jesus deity, I'll slap you in the face myself! That's not toxic, that is righteous rebuke.

I won’t be slapping anyone in the face, no matter what they believe about Jesus.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I won’t be slapping anyone in the face, no matter what they believe about Jesus.
I think he meant internet discussion forum slap.

Maybe not.

P.S. you don't believe Jesus is God so it won't likely offend you as much.

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You would be wasting your time if you did.

I’m currently reading a book about a group of Protestant theologians in the 1930’s and 1940’s who believed, as you do, that Jesus was not a Jew.
I guess those genealogies in the gospels were just to take up space

Reactions: Ronald David Bruno

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States

The Protestant theologians I mentioned in my post published a de-Judaized New Testament. The genealogies are omitted in it.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Reactions: Cassandra

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reactions: Cassandra

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
So, are you here to convert people?

If a person identifies themself as a "calvinist" or as their "denomination"< then they've been converted.

Jesus didnt come to die on the Cross to convert us into a Catholic, Calvinist, or a Mormon or a Baptist, or a ___________. Insert the name of your denomination.

How do you know?
Its because men make denominations.
God makes Christians.
'
These are very often not even remotely connected other than semantically.

Listen,

Paul told us to "not forsake the assembling of ourselves with other believers".

He never said..>"become a Calvinist" or "become a Catholic" or "become a DENOMINATiON MENTALITY">

Gotta watch that, as there are no denominations in heaven.
They are only down here, where men build these walls to keep others out, very often. ( or lock you in with their cult theology).

Go to Church.
A bible believing Church who have heard of "Paul".
Make certain of that, or you are in a mess.
But be a CHRISTIAN, not a denomination in your head, and theology, as once you become that mindset, you wont be able to be authentically used by God, but your Denomination will give you plenty to do.

Last edited:

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t drink coffee. Just never developed a taste for it. But if you’re flying I’m buying.
Not flying anymore. Anyways, I just wanted to share something with you. I think I was in that thread you mentioned when you revealed that you were an Ante-Nicene Christian. I wasn't aware of any difference as if the Council of Nicea changed orthodoxy.
Pre- Nicene scholars believed in the deity of Christ AND the Trinity as well, Tertullian for one.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Not flying anymore. Anyways, I just wanted to share something with you. I think I was in that thread you mentioned when you revealed that you were an Ante-Nicene Christian. I wasn't aware of any difference as if the Council of Nicea changed orthodoxy.
Pre- Nicene scholars believed in the deity of Christ AND the Trinity as well, Tertullian for one.

Thanks. As you might imagine, one of the areas I spend a great amount of time in is Church history, particularly the writings of the Ante-Nicene Church Fathers.

Consider the following quote -

“Because God is in like manner a Father, and He is also a Judge; but He has not always been Father and Judge, merely on the ground of His always having been God. For He could not have been the Father previous to the Son, nor a Judge previous to sin. There was, however, a time when neither sin existed with Him, nor the Son; the former of which was to constitute the Lord a Judge, and the latter a Father.”

Name that author?

Tertullian, Against Hermogenes, Chapter 3.

Do you also believe, as Tertullian did, that there was a time when the Son didn’t exist with the Father? (I do.)

P.S.

I don’t want to discuss what the Board policy currently says must not be discussed. Please consider the question I asked as being rhetorical in nature. If you feel that you must respond to it as a literal question, if you could keep it to a simple yes or no then we should not run afoul of the Board policy.

Last edited:

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
If a person identifies themself as a "calvinist" or as their "denomination"< then they've been converted.

Jesus didnt come to die on the Cross to convert us into a Catholic, Calvinist, or a Mormon or a Baptist, or a ___________. Insert the name of your denomination.

How do you know?
Its because men make denominations.
God makes Christians.
'
These are very often not even remotely connected other than semantically.

Listen,

Paul told us to "not forsake the assembling of ourselves with other believers".

He never said..>"become a Calvinist" or "become a Catholic" or "become a DENOMINATiON MENTALITY">

Gotta watch that, as there are no denominations in heaven.
They are only down here, where men build these walls to keep others out, very often. ( or lock you in with their cult theology).

Go to Church.
A bible believing Church who have heard of "Paul".
Make certain of that, or you are in a mess.
But be a CHRISTIAN, not a denomination in your head, and theology, as once you become that mindset, you wont be able to be authentically used by God, but your Denomination will give you plenty to do.

Is it safe to say that, like myself, you aren’t here to convert anyone?

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Pre- Nicene scholars believed in the deity of Christ AND the Trinity as well…

Have you by chance ever read a book written by Harold O.J. Brown (a now deceased trinitarian scholar) titled Heresies: Heresy And Orthodoxy In The History Of The Church?

Dr. Brown was an expert on the writings of the Ante-Nicene Church Church Fathers and the Nicene Church Fathers. Church history was his forte. He wrote his book with people like me in mind. His express purpose, his great desire, was to recall ex-trinitarians to Nicaea (325) and Chalcedon (451).

I used it as a textbook in some of my classes. Dr. Brown was a hard core trinitarian; as trinitarian as a trinitarian can be. For those who haven’t read it, I highly recommend it to trinitarian and non-trinitarian readers alike.

Dr. Brown makes some excellent points. However, you would not be happy with what he was forced to acknowledge and concede in his book.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They were very important, to be sure.

But they're not the only variables in the equation.

Genealogies, terminology, name of religion, religious practices, etc. all come into play when researching/investigating the case of Jesus being jew.

Pretty fascinating actually.

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They were very important, to be sure.

But they're not the only variables in the equation.

Genealogies, terminology, name of religion, religious practices, etc. all come into play when researching/investigating the case of Jesus being jew.

Pretty fascinating actually.
I’ll leave that study to you. His ethnicity doesn’t concern me

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Is it safe to say that, like myself, you aren’t here to convert anyone?

Thx for the question.

What i do most of the time on forums, for many years, is try to rescue good people, who love Jesus, .. = who have fallen victim to what is described in Hebrews 13:9.

That one verse is so incredibly important to the born again, because it explains what to do, and it reveals what will happen to you, if you dont do what it says to do, after you become a Christian.

Also, Only the seed of the living word empowered by God the Holy Spirit can convert,... but, the believer leads the lost to the Light of conversion, who is Christ, the Light of the World.

Its the "preaching of the Cross that is the POWER OF GOD.....unto Salvation".

So, everytime we share with someone, this "gospel", it has the eternal life in it that can take a person from John 3:36, to "born again", in the blink of an eye.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Thx for the question.

What i do most of the time on forums, for many years, is try to rescue good people, who love Jesus, .. = who have fallen victim to what is described in Hebrews 13:9.

That one verse is so incredibly important to the born again, because it explains what to do, and it reveals what will happen to you, if you dont do what it says to do, after you become a Christian.

Also, Only the seed of the living word empowered by God the Holy Spirit can convert,... but, the believer leads the lost to the Light of conversion, who is Christ, the Light of the World.

Its the "preaching of the Cross that is the POWER OF GOD.....unto Salvation".

So, everytime we share with someone, this "gospel", it has the eternal life in it that can take a person from John 3:36, to "born again", in the blink of an eye.

I think if I were to say, “What I do is try to rescue good people who love Jesus” - my accuser would probably reply, “See. I told you so!”

Unless you tell me otherwise, I’m putting you on the “I’m not here to convert people” side of the ledger.