Elon Musk Confirms: "The Rapture Is Going To Happen VERY Soon.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Elon Musk Confirms: "The Rapture Is Going To Happen VERY Soon... Most of what he believes is right on!!​

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Elon Musk Confirms: "The Rapture Is Going To Happen VERY Soon... Most of what he believes is right on!!​

The story tries to get attention by mentioning Elon Musk, and he hardly figures in the long message. What a joke! Anyway, I did enjoy hearing someone's view outlining all of the positions, though not as nuanced as I would like personally. But it is an overview, and worth listening to, I think.

I might also take issue with the claims that earlier substantial traces of "Pretribulationism" existed prior to Darby in the 1830s. Ephraem, Ribera, Lacunza, Miller, etc. were sometimes less than a major eschatological movements or were anachronistic--the Catholics were largely Amillennial.

I think Ribera was Amillennial, though he was a Futurist, much as many in the Early Church were Futurists. The idea that Christ comes generally in the time of the final 3.5 years of the age is simply the common notion that Christ is associated with delivering his Church at the end of the age.

Lacunza was also a Catholic who was also a Futurist, and added a belief in a literal Millennium. This did not mean Catholics were Pretribulationists in any meaningful sense.

The idea of Christ coming to deliver the Church from the Antichrist always existed, and the timing of this event, whether before, during, or after Antichristian tribulation, is incidental. This is a common theme in NT eschatology, that Christ comes to deliver his Church.

But I'm not sure a *complete* deliverance from Antichristian suffering in the last days is anywhere present in biblical or historical eschatology apart from Dispensationalism. The idea put forward in Revelation is an exhortation to *endure* in tribulation.

Paul taught in 2 Thess 2 that Christ could *not* come for his Church until after Antichrist had been revealed, and presented an obstacle to the Church. Christ's Coming would actually be to *destroy the Antichrist.* When exactly Christ would deliver the Church is incidental to the fact--the deliverance would come in the same relative time that Antichrist would be destroyed. Some have said it would be as early as 3.5 years prior. Darby taught that it would be 7 years prior.

None of this indicated a Pretribulational "imminency" which Dispensationalists view as Christ's Coming happening at "any moment." And I'm not sure if Darby alone or someone earlier viewed the Jewish Age as returning in the supposed "time of Tribulation" at the end of the Age, preceded by the Rapture of the Church.

Last edited:

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why look to the devil and his slaves to try and predict what God's plans are. I did not view it.
Follow them not, for they belong to the prince and powers of this world's system.

All the signs are written in the word of God, for the benefit of believers, so look no further.

God, before the foundation of this world already foresaw his plan accomplished ! This END started at Jesus' conception and will END, when God says so !

• Love
Reactions: Nancy and Rita

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Elon Musk - seriously , since when has he become an authority on the issue.
GISMYS-7 you have been predicting ‘ soon’ ‘ in a few months ‘ for years ……..
Pretribulational Dispensationalists have a knack for making predictions as to when Christ would specifically return. They can't "help themselves," it seems? My theory is that they stir up an anxiety based on their "Imminency Doctrine," which states that "Christ could come today," or "Christ could come at any moment."

This just invites a false anticipation, which is positively disruptive when ministries need to plan their Gospel outreaches. We are given a general time period and a general warning.

We are warned to expect opposition, so as to not get discouraged. And we are to know the end is soon when the Antichrist appears and takes opposition to Christianity to its highest level.

That time approaches. Get out the good news, and don't get distracted. We are to "be ready" by maintaining our Christian morals. Being ready does not mean we "expect his Coming at any moment! That is a false doctrine, in my opinion.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Pretribulational Dispensationalists have a knack for making predictions as to when Christ would specifically return. They can't "help themselves," it seems? My theory is that they stir up an anxiety based on their "Imminency Doctrine," which states that "Christ could come today," or "Christ could come at any moment."

This just invites a false anticipation, which is positively disruptive when ministries need to plan their Gospel outreaches. We are given a general time period and a general warning.

We are warned to expect opposition, so as to not get discouraged. And we are to know the end is soon when the Antichrist appears and takes opposition to Christianity to its highest level.

That time approaches. Get out the good news, and don't get distracted. We are to "be ready" by maintaining our Christian morals. Being ready does not mean we "expect his Coming at any moment! That is a false doctrine, in my opinion.
I don’t tend to get to embroiled in all the predictions on the forum, more so when dates come and go and yet the people still come and predict other time frames. I don’t know whether they some how think people forget what they have said in the past. When it happens time and time again then it clearly shows something is wrong with what they are conveying, yet they still fully believe in what they convey each time !!
Some people seem to spend so much of there time absorbed on one thing, not sure it’s spiritually helpful ( in my opinion )
I like the end of the Story …….

• Love
Reactions: Nancy and L.A.M.B.

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your choice!!! Those that reject Jesus and the Word and fight the rapture are left behind!!! NO FUN!!! Think!

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is this prophecy about you?????
2 Peter 3:3-5
3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,

4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

5 For this they willingly are ignorant

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t tend to get to embroiled in all the predictions on the forum, more so when dates come and go and yet the people still come and predict other time frames. I don’t know whether they some how think people forget what they have said in the past. When it happens time and time again then it clearly shows something is wrong with what they are conveying, yet they still fully believe in what they convey each time !!
Some people seem to spend so much of there time absorbed on one thing, not sure it’s spiritually helpful ( in my opinion )
Well, just look at US politics, or any politics, for that matter. Promises are freely and recklessly made, and once a person gets elected he or she ignores all of the so-called "promises" and just goes back to the "party line." Memories in the public are often short, and people go about their business, retaining only the "good memories," forgetting all of the broken promises. The "good memories" really aren't even "good"--they've been gaslighted into our brains as "false memories," and we are subjected to propaganda to mold our thinking continually.

This is just the reality about the power of media and politics. An evangelist has similar power. Built into his or her gift is the ability to persuade by the dynamics of personality and moral persuasion. People look to how they preach with authority and completely forget the failed claims.

Take one example in my life. When I lived in S. CA (late 70s) I really enjoyed listening to Chuck Smith on the radio. He was so gifted in teaching the Scriptures and in bringing Christian living to life. But I read a book by him--a commentary on the Revelation. And I wrote him, questioning this doctrine. I received no answers for some time until I questioned how wise it would be for me to attend his church when we disagreed on the matter of the "Rapture." He suddenly responded and discouraged that idea.

Not too long afterwards he apparently began to predict Christ's return in the next year or so. I had moved out of CA but read on the internet, after he died, that he had predicted that Christ would come in the early 80s, warning his listeners to sell their stuff and get ready--it could happen at any time. In the end, when his warning failed I think he apologized, to his credit.

I don't think it's necessarily an ugly stain on the lives of those who teach this. But it is wrong, I feel. Nowhere does "be ready" mean "expect his return at any moment!" To "be ready" means to keep your Christian fire burning all the time. And so we must. Are we ready now for Eternal Judgment? That is the important thing, and we do that by embracing Christ in our heart and by obeying His word to our conscience. Just as importantly, we "stay ready" by engaging in the ministry of service to others by showing them Christ's love.

Reactions: Rita

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
:Bestest:

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Give this some thought!! Is this prophecy about you?????
3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,

4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Give this some thought!! Is this prophecy about you?????

Yes. However, this is not about "imminent expectation that Christ could come today." No, when we live for Christ each day and walk continuously in the Spirit we will not forget about the Lord and his Coming. Eternal Life begins today, and not after the Rapture happens.

If you're here, looking up to heaven for the Rapture to take place, in order to not be caught unawares, then you're not properly living for him now. Jesus said that to properly prepare for his coming, we are to be about his business, taking care of God's servants, having compassion towards people, and obeying the Lord morally in our lives each day.

Preparation means we are serving God now--not waiting for Him to come to escape trouble. Again, if you're waiting for him to come, I wonder if you know Him now?

SavedInHim

Jan 10, 2023
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lotta people sayin rapture in 2023 and the Lord's return seven years later in 2030. Books have been written and videos made about it, supposedly with scriptural proof. Less than 2 months to go, we shall see.

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Mark 13:32-37 ESV / 3 helpful votes​

“But concerning that day or that hour, no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. Be on guard, keep awake. For you do not know when the time will come. It is like a man going on a journey, when he leaves home and puts his servants in charge, each with his work, and commands the doorkeeper to stay awake. Therefore stay awake—for you do not know when the master of the house will come, in the evening, or at midnight, or when the rooster crows, or in the morning— lest he come suddenly and find you asleep. .

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lotta people sayin rapture in 2023 and the Lord's return seven years later in 2030. Books have been written and videos made about it, supposedly with scriptural proof. Less than 2 months to go, we shall see.
It's false. I've heard this kind of thing for 50 years. Jesus warned you. You don't have to listen.

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow!!! So this prophecy is about you!!