Are you sending your neighbors to Hell?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good post. thanks.
Spreading the Gospel is a hit or miss mystery to us. We aren't prevy to those who are already written into The Book of Life. God predestined those whom will be saved and He moves us in their direction.
If we are sensitive to God's leading we will know when to.

We can't save anyone, only the Holy Spirit converts a soul and so if it was ordained by God that anyone plants an active seed, devilers a divine calling message to anyone, it is the work of the Holy Spirit. Therefore, we cannot be held responsible for anyone's spiritual death. God's will be done. If it is not His will, it will not happen.
Agree.

]

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I thought Jesus was at the right hand? Who's left?

]
So who is this right hand of God or the One at the right hand of God?

"But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God,

And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God." Acts 7:55-56

"A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left." Ecc 10:2

"And should not I spare Nineveh, that great city, wherein are more than sixscore thousand persons that cannot discern between their right hand and their left hand; and also much cattle?" Jonah 4:11

"But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth:

That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly." Matt 6:3-4

And where or what is the left hand of God?

"And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:

And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:" Matt 25:32-34

"Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:" Matt 25:41

Reactions: St. SteVen

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Who was the God of the religious leaders in Jesus day?
He said their father was the devil.

'

His comment is addressed to those who didn’t believe Yahweh had sent him. As I’ve pointed out several times now already, there was a minority of leaders who believed Yahweh did send him.

The devil is the father of the unbelievers. Yahweh is the Father of the believers.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:" Matt 25:41
I was say the nature of the fire is from everlasting. The purpose of the fire is restoration.
Every knee... every tongue... Jesus is Lord...

Malachi 3:2 NIV
But who can endure the day of his coming? Who can stand when he appears?
For he will be like a refiner’s fire or a launderer’s soap.

]

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was say the nature of the fire is from everlasting. The purpose of the fire is restoration.

]
Consider the fire in Daniel which killed the strongest soldiers of the king when they came too close, but only burned up the bonds of the three Hebrews who trusted in God:
Da 3:17If it be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and he will deliver us out of thine hand, O king.
Da 3:18But if not, be it known unto thee, O king, that we will not serve thy gods, nor worship the golden image which thou hast set up.
Da 3:19Then was Nebuchadnezzar full of fury, and the form of his visage was changed against Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego: therefore he spake, and commanded that they should heat the furnace one seven times more than it was wont to be heated.
Da 3:20And he commanded the most mighty men that were in his army to bind Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, and to cast them into the burning fiery furnace.
Da 3:21Then these men were bound in their coats, their hosen, and their hats, and their other garments, and were cast into the midst of the burning fiery furnace.
Da 3:22Therefore because the king's commandment was urgent, and the furnace exceeding hot, the flame of the fire slew those men that took up Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego.
Da 3:23And these three men, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, fell down bound into the midst of the burning fiery furnace.
Da 3:24Then Nebuchadnezzar the king was astonied, and rose up in haste, and spake, and said unto his counsellors, Did not we cast three men bound into the midst of the fire? They answered and said unto the king, True, O king.
Da 3:25He answered and said, Lo, I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire, and they have no hurt; and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God.

• Love

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Consider what Yahweh did at Sodom and Gomorrah @St. SteVen.

It wasn’t the devil who wiped them out. It was Yahweh, the God of Abraham.

What happened at Sodom and Gomorrah is preserved for us in scripture not just as history, but as history that reminds us of what happens to those who reject Yahweh.

Make no mistake about it. Those who believe and are teaching that Yahweh is the devil are rejecting the one and only true God. Their fate, if they don’t repent, is that which befell the wicked at Sodom and Gomorrah.

A plea; not just for you but to all: Don’t make yourself an enemy of Yahweh and a friend of the devil.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Consider the fire in Daniel which killed the strongest soldiers of the king when they came too close, but only burned up the bonds of the three Hebrews who trusted in God:
I love that story. Especially the statement... (from memory)
"Our God is able to save us, but even if he doesn't, we will not not bow..."

I wonder about some of these characters in the Bible that, though doing evil deeds, helped fulfill the plans of God.
These soldiers (although they were following orders) King Nebuchadnezzar, the Pharoah of Egypt, Judas... (and others)

]

Reactions: amadeus

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
David, a man after Yahweh’s own heart (1 Samuel 13:14; Acts 13:22).

David, not a man after the devil’s own heart.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I love that story. Especially the statement... (from memory)
"Our God is able to save us, but even if he doesn't, we will not not bow..."

Their God is Yahweh, not the devil.

If that is not going to bring you around to sound thinking, what will it take?

I wonder about some of these characters in the Bible that, though doing evil deeds, helped fulfill the plans of God.
These soldiers (although they were following orders) King Nebuchadnezzar, the Pharoah of Egypt, Judas... (and others)

]

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
We’ve all heard the descriptive phrase, “Dead man walking.”

Those who believe and are teaching others that Yahweh is the devil, in hope of persuading some to turn away from Yahweh, are dead men walking. Warn them, and urge them to repent.

Yahweh is the one God of the scriptures.

Just how easily man can be deceived is seen in those who believe the devil is the God of the Hebrew Bible.

Berean

Feb 29, 2024
Midwest
www.kingdomherald.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps the best evidence that no one really believes in a forever-burning Hell.
Or that no one really loves their neighbors. Take your pick.

If you really loved your neighbors, and believed in a forever-burning Hell, you wouldn't send them there.

I can hear the reply coming now. "I didn't send them to Hell, they sent themselves there."
Did you do anything to stop them? Did you convince them otherwise?
Did you live a life that made Christ attractive? I see...

Fortunately for me, I don't believe in a forever-burning Hell. Not really my problem.
Do you believe in a forever-burning Hell? (nope) If you did...

Or maybe you don't really love your neighbors. Seems to go hand-in-hand.
Everybody goes to hell when they die

• Love

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
The God of the Old Testament is the God of the New Testament.

Those who are teaching Yahweh is the devil have challenged my assertion, plainly calling it a lie. What else can they do but call it a lie?

There is more that they can do, and they have. They allege that those who believe Yahweh is the God of the OT and the NT and worship him are worshipping Satan; that they are idolaters.

There is still more that they can do. Jesus instructs his disciples not to fear them.

Fear Yahweh, not those who believe Yahweh is the devil.

Search the scriptures as the Bereans were commended for doing.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
“Jesus said that Yahweh, the God of Moses, is the devil.”

”Yahweh duped Moses.”

Thinking themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
“Yahweh is the devil.” -> true or false?

“How blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked,
Nor stand in the way of sinners,
Nor sit in the seat of scoffers!

But his delight is in the law of Yahweh,
And in His law he meditates day and night.

And he will be like a tree firmly planted by streams of water,
Which yields its fruit in its season
And its leaf does not wither;
And in whatever he does, he prospers.”

(Psalm 1:1-3, LSB)

Does it sound to the reader after reading this that Yahweh is the devil?

”Yahweh is the devil.” -> the counsel of the wise or the counsel of the wicked?

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
The reader is not yet persuaded? Let us read on then.

”The wicked are not so,
But they are like chaff which the wind drives away.
Therefore the wicked will not rise in the judgment,
Nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous.

For Yahweh knows the way of the righteous,
But the way of the wicked will perish.”

(Psalm 1:4-6, LSB)

”Yahweh is the devil.” -> the reader must be distracted from or separated from the Hebrew Bible, the foundation of the New Testament, in order to believe this teaching is true.

It’s not Jesus or the Apostles who want us to be distracted from or separated from the Hebrew Bible. It’s the devil who wants us to be.

Yahweh is the one God. That’s a fundamental tenet of the Hebrew Bible which the New Testament firmly stands on.

That’s a fundamental tenet which the devil wants us to be distracted from and separated from.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States

The Messiah, we read in Psalm 110:1, is spoken to prophetically by Yahweh.

”Yahweh is the devil.”

The Messiah is not addressed prophetically in this passage by the devil.

Yahweh / Adonai is addressing the human Messiah, adoni.

The devil is never given the title Adonai in scripture. Only God is so designated.

]

Who is Malachi? He is one of the so-called minor prophets.

Who is Malachi? He is a prophet of Yahweh, not a prophet of the devil.

“Yahweh is the devil.”

Can you still not see that that teaching is false?

Will you persist in suggesting to your readers that Jesus himself - the Messiah, the Son of the living God - told his enemies - unbelievers, not believers - that Yahweh is the devil?

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
There are many things a person can do to make himself an enemy of Jesus.

Teaching that Yahweh is the devil - I’m asking readers to carefully weigh and consider this in their own minds - makes the list.