are you taking care of the Temple of God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ruth

Jan 26, 2009
are you taking care of the temple of God?

Ezekiel 16:49
Sodom’s sins were:

pride

gluttony,

laziness,

while the poor and needy suffered outside her door.
She was proud and committed detestable sins, so I wiped her out, as you have seen.
==========

Annual survey reports on the state of health care in America

[smoking]
“What we are finding across the country is that the prevalence of people smoking tobacco has probably leveled off,” Tuckson said. “That’s not particularly good news because we know there is still 21 percent of the American people smoking tobacco. What’s more frightening is 1,000 kids a day (are lighting up.)”

[Diabetes]
Tuckson said the report also found an increase in the incidence of diabetes – and the reason for the large measures is because society continues to increase the rate of obesity.

[lazy]
“We’re literally lazy in that we are not taking the time to eat properly because of all the prevalence in fast food,” he said. “We don’t take the time to read the labels, and . . . we’re not taking the time to exercise. …

Tuckson said he believes people are becoming lazier.

Louisiana and Mississippi tied at No. 49 for the least healthy state, while the top five healthy states included Vermont, Hawaii, New Hampshire, Massachusetts and Minnesota.

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2012/12/10/annual-survey-reports-on-state-health-care-in-america/

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
We should not have to read the labels, because as soon as we do we're eating food that had been thru a factory.

I would not worry about labels for meat, fish, eggs, nuts, butter, fruits, vegetables, and similar foods in their natural form. These are the kinds I eat. When it comes in a can, a tub, or box, then that's a red flag. I'm not saying eat none, but keep it down --- way down. I'll make exceptions for certain foods such as plain yogurt or butter which is wrapped as these semi-fluid things need some sort of container to ship it in and keep it from contamination. Eggs have to come in a carton so they don't break. But y'all know what I mean.

Then.... just in case, take lots of vitamins and minerals. I say lots because even vitamins can be processed to a degree and sometimes I doubt the potency, although mine claim to have no artificial ingredients and come from concentrated food sources. I'm never sick and on no meds, I never go to the doctors nor have blood tests. And for 53 years old that is doing well.

DoUPray2

Aug 4, 2012
East TN
Ruth said:
are you taking care of the temple of God?

Ezekiel 16:49
Sodom’s sins were:

pride

gluttony,

laziness,

while the poor and needy suffered outside her door.
She was proud and committed detestable sins, so I wiped her out, as you have seen.
==========

Annual survey reports on the state of health care in America

[smoking]
“What we are finding across the country is that the prevalence of people smoking tobacco has probably leveled off,” Tuckson said. “That’s not particularly good news because we know there is still 21 percent of the American people smoking tobacco. What’s more frightening is 1,000 kids a day (are lighting up.)”

[Diabetes]
Tuckson said the report also found an increase in the incidence of diabetes – and the reason for the large measures is because society continues to increase the rate of obesity.

[lazy]
“We’re literally lazy in that we are not taking the time to eat properly because of all the prevalence in fast food,” he said. “We don’t take the time to read the labels, and . . . we’re not taking the time to exercise. …

Tuckson said he believes people are becoming lazier.

Louisiana and Mississippi tied at No. 49 for the least healthy state, while the top five healthy states included Vermont, Hawaii, New Hampshire, Massachusetts and Minnesota.

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2012/12/10/annual-survey-reports-on-state-health-care-in-america/
About laziness and overweight people, I tend to believe that people are becoming more sedentary because of being heavy (and all the health issues that come with obesity). I don't necessarily believe it's plain ole laziness on their part, it's just hard to move 250-300 + pounds around all the time so that makes them tend to move less.

That being said and aside from the Ezekiel verse, we really do need to be careful about judging obese, lazy and even prideful people. All of these are definitely spiritual problems with a spiritual "root" ingrained in our lives and need to be addressed by the Lord. Why can't we pray one for another before we do anything else?!!

I know, you may not agree with me and that is ok! God bless, Lisa

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
DoUPray2 said:
About laziness and overweight people, I tend to believe that people are becoming more sedentary because of being heavy (and all the health issues that come with obesity). I don't necessarily believe it's plain ole laziness on their part, it's just hard to move 250-300 + pounds around all the time so that makes them tend to move less.
Finally someone with more commonsense about cause and effect. This sounds like I would reason. People aren't fat because they are lazy, but rather being fat makes them lazy.

In a similar manner (and one I got in trouble with on other forums), people don't get heart disease because they have high cholesterol (and thus doctors try to bring it down), but rather they have high cholesterol because of heart disease (caution: not always the case, but may be).

So, based on what you are saying, if the weight goes down, they will be more active while the medical establishment would do the opposite and say become active so your weight goes down! Of course it never works that way based on testimonials and statistics that show that people who exercise to the point of running themselves into the ground and yet DO NOT lose weight contrary to what they would have you believe.

Now.... I think our health problems are twofold. To sound like a conspiracy theorist, I DO believe there's a plot to get everyone fat and sickly to get them on drugs and to control (or kill off) the population. And to cover up on this they say otherwise so that it "sounds like the people's fault" and they are trying to be helpful. But on the other hand, it is the people's fault (in part) because they do not take the time to research these things and make themselves healthier. They believe what is spoon fed to them. As I always quip, take the medical and pharmaceutical advice and turn it around 180 degrees and you'll be just fine.

Yahweh (God) always has the truth available for anyone who wants it --- there will be no case whatsoever of stifling truth or freedom of speech, even in the Tribulation when the beast is in power, so that those who want truth may have it. But sometimes they have to work at getting it and not be lazy :lol: in that regard.