Are Your Beliefs Absolute Truths?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have had a few experiences with "12" gates. People can think me nuts if they want, but I'll tell what I saw about the heart and the Holy City.

I was meditating and praying one day and I was facing east for some reason. All of a sudden it was as if my heart blossomed and opened; and there were 12 paths of light coming from its center. That was similar to when I was caught up in the spirit one day and saw the Holy City from far off. I'll admit I wanted to go inside but was told I wasn't allowed. What I saw was the "cube" again with 12 pathways of Light, and angels of Light were flying in and out.

I was not up close enough to look at the gates, but my guess is they too are of Light -- thus always open, but still visible.

I also figured out a reason I believe I was given the vision of the Holy City with its 12 pathways. There are other Holy Cities in the spiritual heavens; and eventually each City is supposed to be connected with the others with these pathways. I perceived one day there was a problem with the one over Alexandria in Egypt where St. Mark started a church. It caused me come concern. After a period of praying, I was very pleased one day to see the obstacle had been removed when I was in the spirit and saw angels going up and down -- connecting the Coptic Orthodox Cathedral and the whole city of Alexandria below with the Holy City above it.

The "highway" Isaiah wrote about between Jerusalem and Egypt appears to be there today in fine shape; and eventually it will circle the whole earth. The highway from Jerusalem going east connecting it with Babylon in Assyria may not be, I could not say. (For the record, let me say east and west in this context is more magnetic east and west rather than geographical. Does that help explain the odd orientation of the Temple Mount? It seems obvious that the Temple faced magnetic west more than geographical.)

I can tell about another time when I found out what the "glass" is that the people are standing on. I was in the spirit one day with angelic being, and we were talking about something. When I returned to my body, I couldn't remember any of what he said. My guess is it had been planted in my mind to grow. I do remember what I saw. We were walking on what appeared to be a hard clear surface. It didn't strike me as the least bit unusual at the time although I wondered about it later. Below us, under the "glass" was a huge vine that I could not see the end of; and there were beautiful globes of light of different colors attached to it. The globes moved around, and somehow the branches of the vine never got tangled. I knew what those were when I returned to my body. I had seen the souls of men attached to the Vine. When the "grapes" were mature, they would be harvested -- and united with the Spirit with the soul being made immortal.

I had been standing on the firmament, of course, that separates "lower waters" and "upper waters." I did not realize it was "spiritual gold," however, until I discussed this with someone else who said it sounded as if I had seen spiritual gold. That almost has to be right since we're also told the "streets" are made of gold -- and the gold in the Holy City is transparent. It probably depends on how you look at it. It can look like a sea of glass, completely transparent; but it could also appear azure blue the way oceans and the sky look blue.

Why is earthly gold yellow then? Ah, that's because men crave it and have put so much spiritual energy into it. I've never liked wearing gold. Even in my younger days, it made me feel uncomfortable. My guess is I was picking up on the negative spiritual energy in it.
Thank you for sharing this here. Much of it fits with some of my own understandings. Other parts seem strange to me but that does not mean that I discount their value. All the years I have been reading the Bible and still God is showing me new things. Your experience can mean something for you in particular or some of the rest of us as well. In His time, He will make known what is needed to those who are paying attention.

Give God the glory!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
OP
....are-your-beliefs-absolute-truths...

Depends which truths I am speaking about...
Some are 100% absolute Truth ...
..others are beliefs I have and hold that I 'believe' are true. :)

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No amount of beliefs are absolute truth. But we can abide in ultimate and absolute truth by abiding in Christ who IS the truth. Otherwise...we are stuck with human opinions and reasonings...and these are insufficient and quite possibly deceitful.

Reactions: Helen

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
really, how come?
I lived in Wyoming for two years, but only had a garden one of them. I lived in town, but had plenty of room in the back yard and proceeded to dig up a plot with my shovel as I had always done in California. [At that time I was doing it all by hand... no rototillers.] Quickly I discovered that the shovel alone was not going to work. The ground was full of rocks: big, middle sized and little, but all hindering my assault on the ground to break it up. I bought a pick and that was more suited to the job, but it was, of course a lot of work. I did not break the rocks, but simply got the tip of the pick into the ground next to them and pull them loose. There were so many rocks that it was a long difficult job to pick them loose and then throw them aside by hand. I knew that Wyoming was cattle country and mining country so I figured that the key to 'fixing' the soil would be manure. The local paper advertised free horse manure if you picked it up yourself. I had only a car so I borrowed a neighbor's pickup truck and went after a full load. I thoroughly mixed manure with my freshly broken up and de-rocked garden plot. I carefully planted a variety of vegetables and kept them faithfully clear of weeds and moist as the seed package called for...

It was by the far the worst vegetable crop I had ever had with either tiny vegetables or no vegetables even though I had planted many different kinds. I guess the probably was the soil was too richly alkaline or my horse manure was not as dry as it needed to be or it was too cold too much of the time. I really don't know, but any one or all of those from what I learned later were possibilities. There was no Internet to google in those days, nor gardeners to ask...that I knew about...? Because of my many previous successes in California, I presumed just enough hard work would accomplish good results anywhere... Not so!

The second year there I did not bother to break the ground. Then thank God for Oklahoma where vegetables grow...

Reactions: Helen and bbyrd009

DoveSpirit05

Jul 19, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Id have 2 say things God has made me 2 know are absolute coz God doesn't contradict himself and nor does absolute truth. Jesus said i'm the way the truth and the life, and through him all things were made including abstract concepts. The things dat i'm uncertain about I don't know if their absolutely true? The things dat God has made me certain of I believe their absolutely true!

Reactions: amadeus

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But the whole point here is that believers post their beliefs as though they were truths, "this is that and that is this," as if they actually knew something iow,
And you know this to be true? That they don't actually know something?

;)

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
And you know this to be true? That they don't actually know something?

;)
once again m marks you have gone right to the irrelevant part, and are ignoring the relevant part, imo. Interp He who says he knows, does not however you like ok. The subject is not about what anyone actually knows, worm, and i will post again so you can read it this time maybe.
no offense meant ok, pls pretend i said this like amadeus would
But the whole point here is that believers post their beliefs as though they were truths, "this is that and that is this,"
and so now to reply to your Q of course everybody knows ok, so here you go

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
once again m marks you have gone right to the irrelevant part, and are ignoring the relevant part, imo. Interp He who says he knows, does not however you like ok. The subject is not about what anyone actually knows, worm, and i will post again so you can read it this time maybe.
no offense meant ok, pls pretend i said this like amadeus would
and so now to reply to your Q of course everybody knows ok, so here you go
You asked the question, are your beliefs absolute truths.

"But the whole point here is that believers post their beliefs as though they were truths, "this is that and that is this," as if they actually knew something iow,"

Is this what you believe? OR is it absolutely true?

Isn't that the relevant part?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
You asked the question, are your beliefs absolute truths.

"But the whole point here is that believers post their beliefs as though they were truths, "this is that and that is this," as if they actually knew something iow,"

Is this what you believe? OR is it absolutely true?

Isn't that the relevant part?
goodbye m marks, have a nice day ok