Arguing, Don't Know What, Lost Hope

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now every first shift fisherman knows that you have to get up early to catch them fish during sunrise...and we do. We get up very early and get the boat hooked up that we prepared the night before and get it put into the water in the dark so we can be at the right spot as the sun comes up. That way we can catch a load of fish.
And we also know...that at some point in the dark...just before the sun begins to make itself known that we always get cold...so cold that we think about getting a jacket or sweater even though the rest of the day will be warm. It truly is usually the coldest part of the day. And for those in Israel...it is one of those things that is truly known. Sunrise usually takes hours. It is light without the sun. As the Sun breaks over the Himalayan Mountains over in China and Afghanistan it races across the desert and due to the refractory nature of the atmosphere of the below sea level landscape...its light without the sun. But in the dark...the temperature really drops just before this happens. Its the coldest part of the day.
I have witnessed this effect for myself...it is truly amazing to behold. But for many this early morning stuff along the banks of the glass like Sea of Gallillee is when people sleep a little harder, wrapped up in their dreams.

And this was when Adam and Eve met God on a regular basis.
This was also the time when Lot was rescued from Sodom.
This was also when Jacob wrestled with God and got his name Israel.
This was also when the Israelites moved out of Egypt, crossed the Red Sea, and found Manna laying on the rocks.
This is the time period that walls of Jericho fell
Its the same time of day that Gideon got his fleece confirmation of what to do.
Same time of day Elisha's helper got to see the protection of God.
That famous time of day was when the Seige of Jerusalem by Sennacherib was lifted.
The early morning hours was when the worm ate the vine giving Jonah protection.
These early morning hours was when Daniel got his answers to the King's questions, when he got released from the Lion's den, and when the Persians took over Babylon.

And...it was Sunrise when the stone rolled away to let the people in to see that Jesus wasn't there...HE WAS ALIVE.

In each of these cases...
There was a sense of hopelessness by everyone. That the end was coming. The outlook was bleak. They had been bickering amongst themselves about what they shoulda, coulda, woulda done...but the end is now inevitably coming...they were up all night...a very long night that seemed to get so cold they didn't know what to do.

And in each of these special cases...God had something else in mind. A world of difference in what the expected outcome would be. A whole world had changed for the better because of a small little thing that no one saw coming. BUT GOD DID.

The priests in charge of the clock and time would look for the "morning star" rising up just to the left of where the sun is to come up. That morning star that lets you know that the long night is over.

That magic hour when God makes the whole world very different from the world you were in the day before. Its colder then, the world has changed but it doesn't know it yet...You have changed...but everyone else is asleep. And that is the power of the Morning Star rising in your heart.

Happy Easter!

Are you waiting for YOUR SUNRISE?

Reactions: amadeus and marks

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am very confused on what this topic is supposed to be about. :confused: Happy Easter to you too though as that's the only thing I got out of it lol :D

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am very confused on what this topic is supposed to be about. :confused: Happy Easter to you too though as that's the only thing I got out of it lol :D

Have you ever gotten into a long ongoing argument and get tired of fighting?

Ever faced an impossible situation that you knew was going to become disasterous?

Where you knew that no matter what things weren't going to be OK...

Something that you worked hard on and counted on was going to become a huge disaster?

Something that everyone was looking to you about was probably not going to work out well...in fact it was going to become an unmitigated disaster.

But then at the last minute something changed and it became a huge win?

That's Easter.

Yes, they tried and convicted Jesus of a horrible crime. They abused him and killed him. It was over for the Apostles. The wonderfulness of being a disciple of a great Rabbi had become a reason for fear of becoming a pariah and dead. The usual and customary outcome was coming for sure.

But then...

That Easter morning...the Whole World changed while most people slept and you were hiding in fear.

And that's Sunrise...what that Morning Star is all about...that little pinpoint of Light is just a precursor for the huge hot sun to come. The long night of chaos, fear, frustration, and despair is over.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you ever gotten into a long ongoing argument and get tired of fighting?

Ever faced an impossible situation that you knew was going to become disasterous?

Where you knew that no matter what things weren't going to be OK...

Something that you worked hard on and counted on was going to become a huge disaster?

Something that everyone was looking to you about was probably not going to work out well...in fact it was going to become an unmitigated disaster.

But then at the last minute something changed and it became a huge win?

That's Easter.

Are you explaining to me your reasoning or trying to make a television commercial? :p

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you explaining to me your reasoning or trying to make a television commercial? :p
Explaining the Sunrise...that's all...that's what you asked when you said that you didn't understand what I was trying to tell you about with the sunrise.

Some of us know all these stories by heart. We know them well without understanding why or how they tie together. And I'm one of those people who put them together so people do get it.

No television program needed or referred to.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Explaining the Sunrise...that's all...that's what you asked when you said that you didn't understand what I was trying to tell you about with the sunrise.

Some of us know all these stories by heart. We know them well without understanding why or how they tie together. And I'm one of those people who put them together so people do get it.

No television program needed or referred to.

Sorry, just the way you said all that it sort of sounded like a television commercial. :p

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry, just the way you said all that it sort of sounded like a television commercial. :p
Since I don't see many commercials because I haven't had Television in decades...I really wouldn't know that.

I wasn't aware I was having a jingle or a comparison between a pretty woman happy with brand X use vs the homely, frustrated woman using the usual stuff.

But continue on.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gideon was a lace underwear wearing geek...always a weinie and scared of his own shadow. Gets ready for a fight because God told him to and then chickens out.

Elisha and his assistant were asleep dodging the army...but the whole little village got surrounded by the army looking just for him. And his assistant was sweating bullets. But then the assistant seen that the army was surrounded by God's army filling the whole valley straining their ears to hear those words "sic em"

Jonah hated Samaria and the Arameans because of the way they treated Northern Israel. He didn't believe that they were capable of repentance. So he was waiting to see the fireworks display of God destroying them and grew angrier when it didn't happen. His only solace was the vine that gave him shade. But God sent the worm to teach him not to be so hateful.

Babylon's king was known for his temper and rash decisions. He never valued anyone for anything except himself...
The execution of Daniel and friends was ordered for not having any answer to what the King's dream was. But at Sunrise the answer came. Then the next viceroy was having a drunken party because he believed that Alexander the Great's army led by Darius the Mede couldn't get in...but at Sunrise the next day Daniel was the Viceroy and holding a letter from several hundred year old letter from Isaiah welcoming Cyrus's emissary.

It's all about Sunrise in scriptures...always has been.

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since I don't see many commercials because I haven't had Television in decades...I really wouldn't know that.

I wasn't aware I was having a jingle or a comparison between a pretty woman happy with brand X use vs the homely, frustrated woman using the usual stuff.

But continue on.

You and me both John, I haven't watched tv (in my own home) in decades...I have one but, it's just a dust collector :D
BUT...I do stream movies :)

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The priests in charge of the clock and time would look for the "morning star" rising up just to the left of where the sun is to come up. That morning star that lets you know that the long night is over.

2 Peter 1:19 KJV
We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:

Revelation 2:26-28 KJV
26) And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:
27) And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.
28) And I will give him the morning star.

Revelation 22:15-17 KJV
15) For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.
16) I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.
17) And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

Even so, Come Lord Jesus!!!

Jerusalem, Jerusalem, Sing for the night is OVER!! Hosana, in the hightest! Hosana forever more!

Much love!

Reactions: JohnDB