Ashamed of Christ or boasting about Christ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

wordsponge

Jan 8, 2014
Canada
[SIZE=10pt]Ashamed of Christ or boasting about Christ?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]2Cor.8[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt][9[/SIZE]] For you know about the graciousness of our LORD Jesus Christ (the God of Israel),
[SIZE=10pt]that, though he was rich (exalted/ Dignified in heaven),[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]yet for your sakes (glorification) he became poor (on earth),[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]so that you (baptized converts) through his poverty (as a human among us), might be rich.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Luke.9[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt][26[/SIZE]] Whoever shall be ashamed of me and of my words,
[SIZE=10pt]the Son of man shall be ashamed of him when he returns in his own glory[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]and in his Father's and of the holy angels … (as King of Kings and Lord of Lords),[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]1 John.2[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt][28[/SIZE]] And now, little (obedient) children, remain implanted in Jesus
[SIZE=10pt]so that when he appears, we may have confidence,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]and not be ashamed before him at his return.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Rom.1[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt][16[/SIZE]] I (Paul) am not ashamed of the gospel about Christ … (the Mighty God)
[SIZE=10pt]for it is the power of GOD to salvation to everyone who believes[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt] to the (believing) Jew firstly and also to the (believing) Greek.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Phil.1[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt][20[/SIZE]] According to my earnest expectation and my hope, that I shall be ashamed in nothing
[SIZE=10pt]but that with all boldness (against the opposition), as always, so now also:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Christ shall be magnified (boasted about) in my body[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt], whether it is by life, or by death.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]2 Tim.1[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt][7[/SIZE]] For God has not given us (Apostles and converts) the spirit of fear … (for mortal men)
[SIZE=10pt]but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
[8[/SIZE]] Therefore (Timothy) be not ashamed of the testimony of our LORD …(the God of Israel),
[SIZE=10pt]nor of me (Paul) his (joyful) prisoner:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]but be partaker of the afflictions of the Gospel according to the Power of GOD (= Jesus)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Isa.28[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt][5[/SIZE]] In that day the LORD of hosts (Jesus) shall be a crown of glory … (boastfulness)
[SIZE=10pt]and for a diadem of beauty,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]to the residue of his people >> (the Apostles and converts)
[6[/SIZE]] and for a spirit of Judgment (sound reasoning) to him (the Apostle) who sits in Judgment,
[SIZE=10pt]and for strength to them >> (the (Apostles),[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]who turn the battle to the GATE … (= baptism calling on Jesus).[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Isa.41[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt][15[/SIZE]] Behold, I will make you (Apostles) a new sharp threshing instrument having teeth:
[SIZE=10pt]You shalt thresh the mountains and beat them small and shalt make the hills like chaff.
[16[/SIZE]] You shalt fan them and the wind shall carry them away,
[SIZE=10pt]and the whirlwind shall scatter them[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]and you shalt rejoice in the LORD (Jesus),[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]and you shall glory (BOAST) in (Jesus) the Holy One of Israel[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt].[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Isa.45[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt][25[/SIZE]] All of the seed of Israel (the Apostles and converts), shall be justified
[SIZE=10pt]and shall glory/ boast in the LORD (Jesus)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]2 Cor.11[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt][10[/SIZE]] As the truth about Christ, (the incarnated God of Israel) is in me,
[SIZE=10pt]no man shall stop me of this boasting, in the regions of Achaia[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt].[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Gal.2[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt][20[/SIZE]] I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live
[SIZE=10pt]Yet not I who live but Christ lives in me[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]and the life that I now live, in the flesh, I live by the faith of/from the Son of GOD … (the Mighty God)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]who loved me and (unselfishly) gave himself (to die) for me[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt].[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Rev.19[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt][11[/SIZE]] I (John) saw heaven(s) opened, and behold a white horse;
[SIZE=10pt]and he who sat upon the horse was called Faithful and True (Jesus)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]and in righteousness, (unbiased appropriateness), he judges and he makes war.
[12[/SIZE]] His eyes were like a flame of fire and on his head were many crowns… (well decorated)
[SIZE=10pt]and he had a name written (in the Prophets), that no man knew but he himself.
[13[/SIZE]] He was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood.
[SIZE=10pt]His name is: “The Word of GOD”…(who spoke to Abraham and the Prophets)
[14[/SIZE]] The armies who were in heaven, clothed in fine linen white and clean,
[SIZE=10pt]followed him upon white horses
[15[/SIZE]] Out of his mouth goes a sharp sword (undiluted TRUTH from GOD)
[SIZE=10pt]that with it (the Truth) he should smite the nations … (Jews and Gentiles)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]and he shall rule them with a rod of iron[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]and he treads the winepress of the fierceness and the wrath of the Almighty GOD… (the Father)
[16[/SIZE]] He (Our Lord and Savior), has a name written on his vesture and on his thigh:
[SIZE=10pt]KING of Kings and LORD of Lords … (Our Jesus is the ruler of the universe)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Phil.2[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt][9[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]] GOD also has highly exalted (dignified) Jesus… (his beloved in whom he delights)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]and GOD has given him a name/, a very high status…(King of King and Lord of Lords)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]that is above every name >> (above every earthly status):
[10[/SIZE]] That at the name of Jesus, every knee should bow,
[SIZE=10pt]of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
[11[/SIZE]] and that every tongue should confess: that Jesus Christ is LORD, (the universal king)
[SIZE=10pt]to the glory/ happy boasting of GOD Our Father[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt].[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Isa.60[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt][19[/SIZE]] The sun (men) shall be no more your light (illuminator) by day
[SIZE=10pt]neither for brightness shall the moon (men) give light (enlightenment) to you (Apostles and converts)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]but the LORD (Jesus) shall be to you an Everlasting Light[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]and your God (Jesus) shall be your glory[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]… (your boastfulness)
[20[/SIZE]] Your (the Apostles and converts), sun (Jesus) shall no longer go down;
[SIZE=10pt]neither shall your moon (Jesus) withdraw itself / himself[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]for the LORD (Jesus) shall be your Everlasting Light… (illuminator),[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]and the days of your mourning shall be ended.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Heb.2[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt][21[/SIZE]] GOD, our Father, make you (baptized converts) perfect, in every good work,
[SIZE=10pt]to do his will/ pleasure/ happiness,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]working in you whatever is well pleasing/ delightful in his sight,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]through Jesus Christ (our Maker)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]to whom be glory (our boasting) forever and ever. Amen.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Sadly some will depart from the everlasting faith that is sent to us by GOD our Father.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Jesus was born about 4 B.C.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]He was circumcised at 8 days old.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]33 days later, when Mary was clean from giving birth,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]he was taken to the Temple, presented to GOD and the offering made.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]At 30 he was baptized by John the Baptist.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]About 4 years after baptism, (circa 30 A.D.)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]he finished his Ministry, died, resurrected and sent the Apostles to preach.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]In around 70 A.D. Jerusalem,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]the Temple and the people were either killed or taken away by the Romans.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Jesus had predicted the destruction by GOD and he was the Arm of GOD…[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]The Apostles preached, in the World.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]The Gentiles learned faith in Jesus Christ from them and were baptized calling on Jesus.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]GOD always gives counsel to his children.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Some predictions to watch for:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]1 Tim.4 Written A.D. 61- 63[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt][1[/SIZE]] Now the Spirit (of GOD) speaks expressly,
[SIZE=10pt]that in the latter times. (It is now about 2000 since that was said).[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]some shall depart from the faith[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] >> (in JESUS the GOD approved,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]GOD anointed and GOD honored Christ)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]giving heed to seducing spirits (manipulators), and doctrines of (human) devils
[2[/SIZE]] who hypocritically speak lies.
[SIZE=10pt]Who have their consciences (normal human sensitivities), seared with a hot iron.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]2 Tim.4 Written ?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt][1[/SIZE]] I charge you (Timothy) therefore before GOD
[SIZE=10pt]and Our LORD Jesus Christ, who (being no respecter of persons)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]shall judge, the (living) quick and the dead, at his return and his kingdom;
[2[/SIZE]] Preach the Word (of grace from GOD through Christ).
[SIZE=10pt]Be instant in season >> (popular), out of season >> (or not popular)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]reprove,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]rebuke,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]exhort (urge the people) with all longsuffering and (undiluted) Doctrine (from GOD).
[3[/SIZE]] For the time will come when they (their generations) will not endure >> sound doctrine (from GOD)
[SIZE=10pt]but after their own lusts, having itching ears,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]they shall heap to themselves, (select their own), teachers,
[4[/SIZE]] and they shall turn away their ears from the truth, (like the Jews did)
[SIZE=10pt]and shall be turned to fables >> (Spiritless stories)
[5[/SIZE]] But watch (be observant), in all matters concerning GOD,
[SIZE=10pt]endure afflictions >> (from people with various oppositions),[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]do the work of an evangelist >> (calling men to the good Christ).[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Make full proof of your ministry.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]2 Thes.1[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt][3[/SIZE]] We are bound to always thank GOD for you, brethren, as it is meet
[SIZE=10pt]because (1) your faith (in Christ, through the Spirit) grows exceedingly >> (and is not weakening)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]and (2) the charity (love) of every one of you towards each other abounds >> (overflows)
[4[/SIZE]] So that we (Apostles) ourselves glory (are boastful) in/ about you,
[SIZE=10pt]in the churches of GOD (and Jesus),[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt](1) because of your patience[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]and (2) because of your (steadfast) faith (in Christ)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]during all of your persecutions>> (by the antichrist people)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]and during the tribulations that you endure >> (absorb for your faith in Christ)
[5[/SIZE]] which is a manifest token of/ about the righteous judgment/ decision of GOD,
[SIZE=10pt]that you may be counted (tested and proven) worthy of the kingdom of God (Jesus),[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]also because of which you suffer:
[6[/SIZE]] Also seeing that it is a righteous deed with GOD,
[SIZE=10pt]to (1) recompense/ repay tribulation to those (antichrist) who trouble you.
[7[/SIZE]] and (2) to recompense rest with us (Apostles) to you (baptized converts) who are troubled
[SIZE=10pt]when the LORD Jesus shall be revealed from heaven,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]with his mighty/ very powerful angels [8[/SIZE]] in flaming fire,
[SIZE=10pt]taking vengeance on those who do not GOD (the Father)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]and who disobey the Gospel of our (precious to us) LORD Jesus Christ.
[9[/SIZE]] They shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the LORD (Jesus)
[SIZE=10pt]and from the glory (splendor) of his power
[10[/SIZE]] when he shall be glorified in his saints >> (as King of all),
[SIZE=10pt]and he shall be admired in all of the people who believe >> (and came to him)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt](because our testimony among you was believed) in that day.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Col.2[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt][6[/SIZE]The way that you have received (accepted) Christ Jesus the LORD, (who came from heaven)
[SIZE=10pt](as a benevolent person), so walk (emulate) in him:
[7[/SIZE]] Rooted (implanted for life) and built up in him,
[SIZE=10pt]and established in the faith >> (in Christ and GOD his Father)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]similarly like you have been taught >> (by the Apostles)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Overflowing in the faith >> (in GOD and his Christ) with thanksgiving >> (to GOD and Christ)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt][15[/SIZE]] Jesus >> (the LORD of Israel who came from heaven),
[SIZE=10pt]having spoiled principalities and powers >> (the religious rulers in Jerusalem/ Priests etc),[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]made a public exposure of them, triumphing over them in it.
[16[/SIZE]] Therefore let no man, (unbeliever in Christ) >> judge you (Christian),
[SIZE=10pt]in meat, or in drink >> (diet under the first Covenant)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]or in respect of a Holyday, or of the New moon, or of the Sabbath days >> (under the first Covenant)
[17[/SIZE]] These things were a shadow (an indication) of things to come >> (from GOD)
[SIZE=10pt]but the body >> (the actual) is Christ.
[18[/SIZE]] Let no man (who is not called by GOD to Christ) beguile (trick) you (Christian)
[SIZE=10pt]about a reward in a voluntary humility[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]and worshipping of angels,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]intruding into those matters (from GOD) that he has not seen >> (by revelation through the Spirit),[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]being vainly puffed up by his fleshly (non- spirit LED) mind,
[19[/SIZE]] and not holding (firmly) the Head >> (Jesus)
[SIZE=10pt]by whom all of us, having nourishment ministered and knit together, by joints and bands[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]increases (grows) with the increase from GOD.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Brothers, whose eyes and ears are opened by GOD,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]keep steadfast faith in Jesus. Resist renouncing Christ.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Baptize calling on him for the Spiritual Gifts.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Honoring Jesus is being one, with our Father and this pleases our Father who is in heaven.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]GOD shall have his will done.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]The slightest WORD or DEED against Christ is ANTICHRIST.[/SIZE]