Ask a U.S. Navy SEAL

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

sojourner4Christ

sojourning non-citizen
May 23, 2014
[Per the above, we see that the government RIGHTFULLY wields weapons for peaceful purposes, whether to withstand an aggressor nation, or to withstand an unlawful individual.
...That would be a description of Godly government.

The problem remains: most do not distinguish righteous government from unrighteous pretenders. Romans 13 is ALL ABOUT righteous government; it gives no life to the unclean thing.

Those who live by the sword, die by the sword. That's not opinon, but biblical truth. I've been a hired mercenary. I've pledged my alegiance to the ungodly thing, the USA corporation. I've had blood on my hands for the killing of others in order to keep "peace." And I have since repented. Most are so brainwashed with the lie of patriotism that they can't see the alternative, i.e. the truth, staring them in the face. Most are serving the devil while believing with all their heart they are serving Christ. In the end, it is that type who, smiling, will kill the born again believers in God's name.

They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service. (John 16:2)

There's only one Lawgiver, and the government is on his shoulders. And this would be GODLY government - not the counterfeit most ignorantly serve today.

shturt678

Feb 9, 2013
South Point, Hawaii (Big Island)
Thank you folks for caring again!

Rom.13:1-7 deals with a Christian being a citizen under a secular government, ie, nothing implicit or explicit regarding whether the government is "righteous" or not. Again, what are our obligations as a Christian is what we should be asking? The Christian is even 'born again' into a secular population far from being "righteous."

Just ensuring I'm not a government troll, I was indirectly a part of the horrors of war as a vet even though I was well protected in a guarded vault in a well guarded cave. Secondly no troll would say that our government, as well as all governments of the world, are under the influence of Secret Societies which control "economically." Control a country's "economics" then one controls that government. This does not negate our obligations to our government, doing the best they can with what they are working with, keeping this nation free so once can worship freely.

Old Jack talking out loud again

sojourner4Christ

sojourning non-citizen
May 23, 2014
Rom.13:1-7 deals with a Christian being a citizen under a secular government, ie, nothing implicit or explicit regarding whether the government is "righteous" or not.
Yours assumption is incorrect. There’s nothing there in Romans 13 which would indicate a “secular government.” The words secular, government, and citizen are not even mentioned!

In the word of God, and fitting perfectly within the definition of “righteous,” we see the litmus test for Godly government, as a minister of God, which is as follows:

1) praise those who do that which is good;
2) execute wrath on those who do evil.

Simple. Very simple.

Again, what are our obligations as a Christian is what we should be asking?
The Word of God is clear; what brings confusion is the words of men i.e. secular (i. e. without God) “authority” and the double-mindedness that results from trying to serve two masters (James 1:8).

The Christian is even 'born again' into a secular population far from being "righteous."
Again, an incorrect assumption. We are not "born again into a secular population." We are born again as as new creatures IN CHRIST, strangers in the world, sojourners for Christ, ambassadors of the King of kings.

God’s (our) kindgom is not of this world. We may be In the world, but we are not to be of the world.

And [God] hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus (Eph. 2:6).

It's time to stop making excuses for the creamed coffees and TV remotes. It’s time to walk the talk.

Just ensuring I'm not a government troll, I was indirectly a part of the horrors of war as a vet even though I was well protected in a guarded vault in a well guarded cave.
No one can be certain re: the “government troll” comment. But it is refreshing to see your apparent move away from the usual patriotic pablum toward an actual dialogue.

Secondly no troll would say that our government, as well as all governments of the world, are under the influence of Secret Societies which control "economically."
You just said “I’m not a government troll,” so how could you presume to know what such a troll would or would not say?

This does not negate our obligations to our government,
Your “obligations” are different than my “obligations,” precisely because you and I serve different masters.

Are you not aware that there is a form of obedience that leads to death?

Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness? (Rom. 6:16)

doing the best they can with what they are working with, keeping this nation free so once can worship freely.
Rather, Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you (2 Cor. 6:17).

We’re to avoid (not evade) the things of the world.

Enter not into the path of the wicked, and go not in the way of evil men. Avoid it, pass not by it, turn from it, and pass away. (Pro. 4:14-15).

The entire passage in 2 Corinthians is a very clear instruction:

Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you, And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

If your reaction to being told that there are faults in Caesar's statutes is to rush to defend them, it is because you cannot envision life without them. This is normal for someone who can only see one kingdom: the kingdom of this world. Yet this world is passing away, as are our own bodies. There is only one thing in life more certain than Caesar's taxes. So we are really here as a test of whether we can “see” and then choose those things that have eternal value. Are our energies devoted to laying up earthly treasures, or treasures in heaven? Are we slaves devoted to building the kingdom of this world, or are we seeking first the kingdom of God? We cannot even know where to begin unless we can see God's kingdom, which is the true meaning of being born again.

God in his sovereignty has provided the perfect means of testing whether we can make the distinction between the two kingdoms. Caesar has usurped God's authority, but his kingdom is built entirely with our consent and by using legal fictions. His authority over us is imaginary. We do not have to render ourselves to him unless we believe that we belong to him. Most people believe with all their heart that they do, for they cannot see the alternative. But if you know that you belong to God, along with your labor, your family, and everything else you have, then you will already have a deep-seated unease with the multitude of demands Caesar makes on you.

If this is the case, then make a list of those things that rightly belong to God but you have in ignorance given to Caesar. Then develop a plan of action for returning them to their rightful owner. This is not easy, but it is necessary. You will need to learn much more about God's Law so that you can discern what true obedience requires of you. If you trust the State to provide for your needs rather than trusting God, it should be clear which master you are serving. As no man can serve two masters, you have a choice to make. Scripture is clear that obedience to God comes at a price, and we must first count the cost. But once you can see the eternal kingdom, you will realize that any price is worth it.

The kingdom of heaven is like unto treasure hid in a field; the which when a man hath found, he hideth, and for joy thereof goeth and selleth all that he hath, and buyeth that field (Mat. 13:44).