Ask Yourself: What Will You Do?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Given the way of the world as described above, and to answer the question after a protracted narrative before it, I'd never cease a thing about my Christian politics, or my faith and its expression. I've never been one to cotton to a boot on my throat. I'm too old to lay down now.

Well I've never been one to cotton to it either, LoL. Actually, I didn't get a chance to mention it elsewhere, but personally I would like nothing better to suffer persecution for the Lord's sake. The apostles considered it an honor to be allowed to suffer for His name's sake, and I would consider it the same. The thing is, I don't think it will be part of His will for me, whether I want it or not. We are not our own servants, and we must each do as the Lord commands us to personally.

Now that you mention CF, I've never actually tried it believe it or not, but I was talking to my wife's sister about it today. She's not the most vocal Christian - sort of on the fence still, especially about church - but the way she talks, she is going to staunchly support Chick File until her last dying breath, LoL.

RainAndIceCream

May 26, 2020
I woke up like this
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was asking (in your opinion) how He witnessed a good confession before Pilate? Wasn’t He mostly silent?
... He was led as a sheep to the slaughter; and like a lamb dumb before his shearer, so opened he not his mouth: [33] In his humiliation his judgment was taken away(removed): and who shall declare his generation? for his life is taken from the earth. Acts 8:32-33

1 Timothy 6:13-14 I give thee charge in the sight of God, who quickeneth all things, and before Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed a good confession; [14] That thou keep this commandment without spot, unrebukeable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ:

Seems very important in “that thou keep this commandment without spot, unrebukeable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ.” What is the commandment to be kept without spot, unrebukeable?

You said what you will do ...all I’m asking is what was the good confession He witnessed before Pilate? Was it railings for railings? Threatening and reviling? What is the good confession before men?
I’m sorry I know that is more than one question but I want your opinion on what was His example we are to follow?

1 Peter 1:19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:
Realizing your question is not posed to myself, I nonetheless deem to respond. It's just the way I am on a public forum. ;):D

Perhaps Emmanuel was mostly quiet when queried by Pilate because, as the king of Heaven appearing before a pagan as a seeming mere man, yet another "self-identified prophet for the Jews", (There were many in those days), Emmanuel knew he did not need to rail, nor argue point for point against the Roman law or Pilate's inquisition of him. Because left unrepentant Emmanuel well knew he would stand in judgment of Pilate at the end of Pilates life. And Pilate would see Hell, as would happen for all those of the temple who used Rome's laws as their tool to murder Emmanuel, because stoning him to death so close to Passover was forbidden in their laws.
And thus, the truth would have the final word as it has from the beginning before anything came to exist at all.
While the liars and judges acting on behalf of a thinly clad conspiracy, would regret their acts for all time.

Just my thought. God Bless.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was asking (in your opinion) how He witnessed a good confession before Pilate? Wasn’t He mostly silent?
... He was led as a sheep to the slaughter; and like a lamb dumb before his shearer, so opened he not his mouth: [33] In his humiliation his judgment was taken away(removed): and who shall declare his generation? for his life is taken from the earth. Acts 8:32-33...
You said what you will do ...all I’m asking is what was the good confession He witnessed before Pilate? Was it railings for railings? Threatening and reviling? What is the good confession before men?
I’m sorry I know that is more than one question but I want your opinion on what was His example we are to follow?

Ah! Ok, well let's look at the text.

33 Then Pilate entered the Praetorium again, called Jesus, and said to Him, “Are You the King of the Jews?” 34 Jesus answered him, “Are you speaking for yourself about this, or did others tell you this concerning Me?” 35 Pilate answered, “Am I a Jew? Your own nation and the chief priests have delivered You to me. What have You done?” 36 Jesus answered, “My kingdom is not of this world. If My kingdom were of this world, My servants would fight, so that I should not be delivered to the Jews; but now My kingdom is not from here.” 37 Pilate therefore said to Him, “Are You a king then?” Jesus answered, “You say rightly that I am a king. For this cause I was born, and for this cause I have come into the world, that I should bear witness to the truth. Everyone who is of the truth hears My voice.” (John 18:33-37)

So you see that Jesus did not stay silent regarding His confession. He didn't rail; He didn't threaten; but He didn't back away from the truth either. His good confession then was in not denying His identity before men. The same is true of us when we fight the good fight of faith and refuse to back down from who we are in Christ before our own accusers:

12 Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called when you made the good confession before many witnesses. 13 I charge you in the presence of God, who gives life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who made the good confession in His testimony before Pontius Pilate: 14 Keep this commandment without stain or reproach until the appearance of our Lord Jesus Christ. (1 Timothy 6:12-14)

RainAndIceCream

May 26, 2020
I woke up like this
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I've never been one to cotton to it either, LoL. Actually, I didn't get a chance to mention it elsewhere, but personally I would like nothing better to suffer persecution for the Lord's sake. The apostles considered it an honor to be allowed to suffer for His name's sake, and I would consider it the same. The thing is, I don't think it will be part of His will for me, whether I want it or not. We are not our own servants, and we must each do as the Lord commands us to personally.

Now that you mention CF, I've never actually tried it believe it or not, but I was talking to my wife's sister about it today. She's not the most vocal Christian - sort of on the fence still, especially about church - but the way she talks, she is going to staunchly support Chick File until her last dying breath, LoL.

CF's menu in my taste bud's humble point of view , is OK. While Popeye's chicken in comparison is off the chain. Especially in comparing the chicken sandwiches. There is no contest! Popeye's is superior to CF's.
Meaning no disrespect, I think it easy for us to imagine we would gladly suffer persecution for the Lord's sake. Unless or until we perhaps come to our senses and ask ourselves, why would the greatest power within all creation and created need us to suffer for his sake?
God does not need us to be hanged, drawn and quartered, burned alive, guillotined, stabbed, shot, stoned to death,to secure his sovereignty.

I watched the 2015 video of the kidnapped Coptic Christians in Libya as they were decapitated by members of ISIS. Lined up, on their knees on a beach at what appeared to be sunrise, their necks were sawed until the weight of their heads fell forward onto the sand. The knives moving from the front of the throat to the spine.

I witnessed ISIS burn alive the Royal Jordanian Air Force pilot captured after his plane crashed in territory occupied by the Islamic State terrorists. Locked in a cage, a pickax having dug a small trench from well away from that confine to just below the bottom of the bars. Fuel, gasoline, poured at the top of the trench so that it pooled inside the cage on the floor. And then the match. Gasoline does not ignite. It is the fumes that explode.
To witness a man trapped in a cage while afire is something one cannot un-see.

Be careful what you imagine you would be happy to suffer. God defeated Lucifer and 1/3rd of the recruited "bad angels" that followed him in his doomed to failure war against God in Heaven. God is a giver and sustainer of life. He does not need us to fight his battles.

Reactions: mjrhealth

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps Emmanuel was mostly quiet when queried by Pilate because, as the king of Heaven appearing before a pagan as a seeming mere man, yet another "self-identified prophet for the Jews", (There were many in those days), Emmanuel knew he did not need to rail, nor argue point for point against the Roman law or Pilate's inquisition of him. Because left unrepentant Emmanuel well knew he would stand in judgment of Pilate at the end of Pilates life.

Maybe He was also mostly quiet out of respect, showing dignity for Pilate's office. It appears Jesus made an impression on him, because by the end of the conversation Pilate turns to the crowd and declares, "I find no evil in the man." Jesus showed respect for his authority, and won him over as a result.

Wisdom and godliness in operation : )
Just my thought. God Bless.

God bless you, and thanks again for the Steve Perry song. Still listening to it.

Last edited:

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Wasn’t He mostly silent

Bingo!

"This your bishop I have found to hold the
ministry which pertaineth to the common weal, not of
himself or through men, nor yet for vain glory, but in
the love of God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
And I am amazed at his forbearance; whose silence is
more powerful than others' speech"

- Ignatius of Antioch to the Philadelphians

Peace be with you!

RainAndIceCream

May 26, 2020
I woke up like this
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe He was also mostly quiet out of respect, showing dignity for Pilate's office. It appears Jesus made an impression on him, because by the end of the conversation Pilate turns to the crowd and declares, "I find no evil in the man." Jesus treated showed respect for his authority, and won him over as a result.

Wisdom and godliness in operation : )
Possibly so. Truth doesn't have to speak a word because Truth is.

God bless you, and thanks again for the Steve Perry song. Still listening to it.
Thank you. And I'm glad you enjoy Steve Perry's work. His voice is quite exceptional.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
CF's menu in my taste bud's humble point of view , is OK. While Popeye's chicken in comparison is off the chain. Especially in comparing the chicken sandwiches. There is no contest! Popeye's is superior to CF's.

You're making me hungry, LoL. I may have to get back to you after I've tried both, at the same time.
Meaning no disrespect, I think it easy for us to imagine we would gladly suffer persecution for the Lord's sake. Unless or until we perhaps come to our senses and ask ourselves, why would the greatest power within all creation and created need us to suffer for his sake?
God does not need us to be hanged, drawn and quartered, burned alive, guillotined, stabbed, shot, stoned to death,to secure his sovereignty.

Ah... I've heard this argued before, but as I was saying the apostles considered it an honor - a privilege - to suffer for His name's sake; the reason being that those allowed to suffer for him make themselves worthy of greater reward in eternity. Many scriptures on this, but the first that comes to mind would be Matthew 5:11-12.
I watched the 2015 video of the kidnapped Coptic Christians in Libya as they were decapitated by members of ISIS. Lined up, on their knees on a beach at what appeared to be sunrise, their necks were sawed until the weight of their heads fell forward onto the sand. The knives moving from the front of the throat to the spine.

I witnessed ISIS burn alive the Royal Jordanian Air Force pilot captured after his plane crashed in territory occupied by the Islamic State terrorists. Locked in a cage, a pickax having dug a small trench from well away from that confine to just below the bottom of the bars. Fuel, gasoline, poured at the top of the trench so that it pooled inside the cage on the floor. And then the match. Gasoline does not ignite. It is the fumes that explode.
To witness a man trapped in a cage while afire is something one cannot un-see.

:)
Be careful what you imagine you would be happy to suffer. God defeated Lucifer and 1/3rd of the recruited "bad angels" that followed him in his doomed to failure war against God in Heaven. God is a giver and sustainer of life. He does not need us to fight his battles.

Don't underestimate me, LoL. I am of course well aware that the battle is the Lord's, but now, what you have to understand is that this is a war, and in a war there are those who having done all to stand, stand, and those who flee in the face of what might be the end of their lives. Those prepared as true solders of Christ are ready to die, and will stand their ground regardless. God gives us the glory and privilege of being able to do so, and refuse to back down against our spiritual enemy, yes?

Last edited:
Reactions: RainAndIceCream

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Ah... I've heard this argued before, but as I was saying the apostles considered it an honor - a privilege - to suffer for His name's sake; the reason being that those allowed to suffer for him make themselves worthy of greater reward in eternity. Many scriptures on this, but the first that comes to mind would be Matthew 5:11-12.
Ahh so its about reward, hmmm. It seems to be all christians seek.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... He was led as a sheep to the slaughter; and like a lamb dumb before his shearer, so opened he not his mouth: [33] In his humiliation his judgment was taken away(removed): and who shall declare his generation?
Jesus also went before Herod. Jesus never said one word. Luke 23:8-9.

8 Herod was delighted to see Yeshua, because he had heard about him and for a long time had been wanting to meet him; indeed, he hoped to see him perform some miracle.
9 He questioned him at great length, but Yeshua made no reply.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ahh so its about reward, hmmm. It seems to be all christians seek.
Really?, it is for God no matter what. Don't do a thing, if that makes you comfortable.

God really does not make demands, unless one acts like Satan. We are not pre-programmed beings. However, we were made to honor and glorify God. What comes naturally can still be made a big deal, here on earth. As long as all the glory, goes to God. Even the rewards will return to God. We just get to have fun and can enjoy life even in pain and suffering.

Philosophy comes from God, along with wisdom. Even if Satan convinces humans to use both to dishonor God, in the long run it all comes back to God anyway. So might as well lign up with God, now when it is a free choice. After this life, there will be no choice in the matter, if you reject God now.

RainAndIceCream

May 26, 2020
I woke up like this
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're making me hungry, LoL. I may have to get back to you after I've tried both, at the same time.
That's some appetite. ;) I've no doubt Popeyes will win out.

Interpreted a certain way, that sounds too close to the prosperity doctrine for my liking. Die for me and I'll reward ya!
That's not what the scripture is actually saying though. It also doesn't tell us to hope to be killed for his name sake.

:)

Don't underestimate me, LoL. I am of course well aware that the battle is the Lord's, but now, what you have to understand is that this is a war, and in a war there are those who having done all to stand, stand, and those who flee in the face of what might be the end of their lives. Those prepared as true solders of Christ are ready to die, and will stand their ground regardless. God gives us the glory and privilege of being able to do so, and refuse to back down against our spiritual enemy, yes?
We meet and either defeat or succumb to our spiritual enemy every day, don't we?
Think about it.
During the early days of Soviet Russia there were thought re-education centers. Wherein, if someone of value to the Communist party was not exactly thinking in line with the party ideology was sent. This to readjust their perspective. Of course, if such a one was of no value they were simply shot.
Today, we have programs at work and in the secular community that operate along the same provisions of sorts. "Gender Sensitivity Re-Education" training. Compliments are a no-no, now. Someone may scream, sexual harassment! If that happens and one wishes to remain employed, they'll concede to such classes, training. This so that they learn to keep the compliments to themselves. Because a persons self-worth is no longer something to be bolstered! While the thought policing of our minds has become the norm.
Homosexuality is a sin. Don't dare say that aloud at work or one may risk the same ultimatum.

And sadly we've witnessed Denominational churches concede to the worldly agenda and turn against God's word! It's so good for the lord of this world to see this happening, Apostasy, that it gets front page headlines when it happens. This denomination, or that denomination's council of elders, have "voted" to allow openly homosexual couples attend church, get married, and even serve in church offices.
And their babies are baptized too, if the women or men parents wish it.

Graduating this year son? Are you Christian, daughter? Look, don't thank God in your graduation ceremony special moment as you're awarded for graduating top of your class. FFRF will sue us if you do! That is why you have to show the principal your planned speech before you'll be allowed to speak at the podium on graduation day. And if you disobey these rules young man, young lady, you'll not get your diploma! UNDERSTAND?

Gird yourself with the armor of God! Don't be all fired ready to die for the reward. A foolish thought is that which arrives thinking so little of a life as to hope to surrender it under torture, thinking a supreme, supreme, being, needs human help to stay that way. Or that mortal machinations are able to surprise and defeat Omniscient Omnipotent Sovereignty.
I don't back down from a fight. However, I learned a long time ago the wisdom; pick your battles. Otherwise, what are we saying when we repeat that oft used phrase: GOD IS IN CONTROL!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interpreted a certain way, that sounds too close to the prosperity doctrine for my liking. Die for me and I'll reward ya!

Balderdash! LoL. My quote was "those allowed to suffer for him make themselves worthy of greater reward in eternity." The Old Testament contained numerous promises about earthly wealth and prosperity because they were carnal promises made to a carnal people. Our Lord revealed in the New Testament that these were just foreshadowings of the greater promises waiting in eternity for those who laid down their lives in this life.

Me thinks thou shouldst be ashamed, LoL.
That's not what the scripture is actually saying though. It also doesn't tell us to hope to be killed for his name sake.

Oh yeah? :) Well if that's not what Matthew 5:11-12 is saying, I invite you to present your counter interpretation. We'll see whose horse runs the farthest, LoL.
We meet and either defeat or succumb to our spiritual enemy every day, don't we?
Think about it.
During the early days of Soviet Russia there were thought re-education centers. Wherein, if someone of value to the Communist party was not exactly thinking in line with the party ideology was sent. This to readjust their perspective. Of course, if such a one was of no value they were simply shot.
Today, we have programs at work and in the secular community that operate along the same provisions of sorts. "Gender Sensitivity Re-Education" training. Compliments are a no-no, now. Someone may scream, sexual harassment! If that happens and one wishes to remain employed, they'll concede to such classes, training. This so that they learn to keep the compliments to themselves. Because a persons self-worth is no longer something to be bolstered! While the thought policing of our minds has become the norm.
Homosexuality is a sin. Don't dare say that aloud at work or one may risk the same ultimatum.

And sadly we've witnessed Denominational churches concede to the worldly agenda and turn against God's word! It's so good for the lord of this world to see this happening, Apostasy, that it gets front page headlines when it happens. This denomination, or that denomination's council of elders, have "voted" to allow openly homosexual couples attend church, get married, and even serve in church offices.
And their babies are baptized too, if the women or men parents wish it.

Graduating this year son? Are you Christian, daughter? Look, don't thank God in your graduation ceremony special moment as you're awarded for graduating top of your class. FFRF will sue us if you do! That is why you have to show the principal your planned speech before you'll be allowed to speak at the podium on graduation day. And if you disobey these rules young man, young lady, you'll not get your diploma! UNDERSTAND?

Gird yourself with the armor of God! Don't be all fired ready to die for the reward. A foolish thought is that which arrives thinking so little of a life as to hope to surrender it under torture, thinking a supreme, supreme, being, needs human help to stay that way. Or that mortal machinations are able to surprise and defeat Omniscient Omnipotent Sovereignty.
I don't back down from a fight. However, I learned a long time ago the wisdom; pick your battles.

Well, well. Aren't we digging deep, and quickly! LoL. Alright then, let's get into a teaching on warfare principles.

Yes, I agree. You pick your battles, which is why I would choose Option C personally until I'm near or at the end of my life. But now, here's the reason many will and should choose B if the Lord so calls them to do it, and I have met a few who have told me they believe they are called to it. There's something to be said for the principle of ATTACK in warfare. When done properly, it throws the enemy into utter confusion. There's a popular saying in boxing that, "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face." The reason is because all the greatest planning in the world goes out the window when you are no longer in control of the situation, i.e. "God in in control."

This is why some of the greatest generals in history have sworn by the philosophy of constant attack:

quote-attack-rapidly-ruthlessly-viciously-without-rest-however-tired-and-hungry-you-may-be-george-s-patton-130-40-13.jpg

Also, "No one ever defended anything successfully. There is only attack, attack, and attack some more." - George S. Patton

The problem with this, however, is that you will nearly always take heavy losses early on. But the rewards will outweigh the cost.

Look what happened during New Testament times. You had some of the greatest leaders in the early church lose their lives early on. Why? Because they were going into attack mode. The speech Stephen gave in Acts 7 made the Sanhedrin look SO bad that they had to drag him out of the Sanhedrin and put him to death immediately. But they were exposed for their evils and spiritual blindness in the process, not only through what he said but by their killing a just and righteous man. James was killed by King Herod around a decade later (Acts 12:1-2), for similar reasons.
He was exposing the Jewish leadership for their sins. In James 5:1-6, he was laying into the Jewish leadership and the Pharisees in particular for their greed, just as Jesus before him exposed them for being covetous (Luke 16:14). So God was now using James to deliver the people from deception and take enemy territory, winning souls away from the enemy and into the kingdom of God. Satan had no choice but to retaliate by killing James, but as I stated earlier, God allowed this because those called to martyrdom receive greater reward from Him in eternity. They would have killed Peter too had the saints not prayed for God to deliver him (Acts 12:3-19).

Now, did the rest of the apostles die in the years following? No. After this, most of them lived out their full lives, and died martyr's deaths only AFTER their ministries had completely run their courses. The same will take place in the end times. The religious leadership of the false church will be exposed in the same way, and you can't just wade into the enemy and not expect to take some losses. But those who die will become the seed for the great harvest to take place; a seed abides alone unless it dies, but if it falls into the ground and dies, it will produce a great harvest (John 12:24).

We on the same page yet, or no? :)

Reactions: RainAndIceCream

RainAndIceCream

May 26, 2020
I woke up like this
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Balderdash! LoL. My quote was "those allowed to suffer for him make themselves worthy of greater reward in eternity." The Old Testament contained numerous promises about earthly wealth and prosperity because they were carnal promises made to a carnal people. Our Lord revealed in the New Testament that these were just foreshadowings of the greater promises waiting in eternity for those who laid down their lives in this life.

Me thinks thou shouldst be ashamed, LoL.
I'm not at all.

Oh yeah? :) Well if that's not what Matthew 5:11-12 is saying, I invite you to present your counter interpretation. We'll see whose horse runs the farthest, LoL.
Perhaps then you should travel to those regions where Christians are persecuted to death to feel blessed when it comes your turn. It's easy to sit in a western nation and somehow glorify martyrdom that shall not pass here in your lifetime upon you.
We think because a group of rabid anti-Christian atheists, led by a damned apostate former Evangelical, threatening schools that dare allow any there to pray or invoke God, as persecution.
It's a violation of civil rights, and the first amendment and its further guarantee of separation of church and state. It is not persecution.
We think damned unrepentant radical LGBTQ zealots descending upon a private business for daring to be grounded in Christian principles is persecution. It's not! Their efforts are harassment, a violation of civil right, and religious liberty. A situation which was quelled in Texas.

We know our reward in Heaven awaits us. Why would God say, if you're killed for my sake you'll be better paid? Don't glorify being tortured to death for God. The Bible doesn't. And interpreting scripture to argue it does is wrong. We will be assailed for our faith, yes. The point of the message God sends about that is, don't fear if this happens. Because the Christian knows this life is a moment as dust. While the truth of the soul is eternity with the light.
God is not saying, be happy and love it, when terrorists peel your skin like a grape and command you renounce me. Feel joy when your children are boiled alive before your eyes one by one unless or until you renounce Christ and accept Allah! LOVE IT!
No! NO! God is telling us that if those evils befall us, we are to take comfort and rejoice in our KNOWLEDGE that what is happening is fleeting and impermanent. Because we are not of this world and shall depart it , if tortured to death, for a better one. Don't let the terror others bring lead the Christian to fear! There is Heaven that awaits.
You sound as one who can't wait to be tortured for Christ. You'll love it. Welcome it! It is not I who should be ashamed of that.

Westerners who glorify torture because of our faith , when we live in a country where it will never happen in our lifetime, fail to take in the very real fact that every day there are Christians in other places in the world who wish they were anywhere but in the hands of those ripping their bodies apart in the name of hatred for our God. I promise you, they don't endure while saying aloud or in silence, I LOVE THIS! LOVE IT! I'M GONNA BE SOOOOOO PAID WHEN IT FINALLY KILLS ME! PRAISE JESUS!
They're wiser than that. You speak ignorantly from a place of privilege, not experience.

This is Christian persecution: The Countries Where It’s Most Dangerous to Be a Christian in 2019
MAPPED: The 50 countries where you CAN'T be a Christian in 2017
MILLIONS of Christians across the world are facing punishments including imprisonment, torture and death for practicing their faith, shocking new research has revealed. [Note: Notice? America isn't highlighted]

Well, well. Aren't we digging deep, and quickly! LoL. Alright then, let's get into a teaching on warfare principles.
No, I'm not digging deep into warfare principles. I'm trying to reach someone who thinks to lend the example to those who read, and may be new Christians or considering the faith, that God doesn't need our help to remain sovereign. And, just as importantly, doesn't want us to be tortured to death for thinking we'll get more reward in Heaven for having perished from the life he blessed us to have. He especially doesn't want us to glorify the very idea while sitting comfortably at home behind a computer, with a refrigerator full of food, a comfortable bed, clean clothes on our back, promoting the idea as something we should strive for! When there isn't a plane ticket on the desk departing in eight hours for Somalia, and a new tee shirt beneath it that reads:
"Waan jeclahay Ciise
Ciise waa jidka keliya
"
image.png

Yes, I agree. You pick your battles, which is why I would choose Option C personally until I'm near or at the end of my life. But now, here's the reason many will and should choose B if the Lord so calls them to do it, and I have met a few who have told me they believe they are called to it. There's something to be said for the principle of ATTACK in warfare. When done properly, it throws the enemy into utter confusion. There's a popular saying in boxing that, "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face." The reason is because all the greatest planning in the world goes out the window when you are no longer in control of the situation, i.e. "God in in control."
There's no principle of attack, when one is defending being persecuted for being a Christian save on the persecutors end of it. Further, your advocacy above was renounced the moment you countered it by stating, God is in control.
When God is in control, mere mortals need not fight his battles. Nor perish to insure his sovereignty over his creation. When called to be tortured to death for Christ? That's a misnomer. Those who go on the attack against Christians aren't suffering because God called them to. That would make Omniscient Omnipotence OmniSadistic. While expecting the faithful to assume the spirit of glad Masochism.:(That dear brother is the domain of the other guy.

This is why some of the greatest generals in history have sworn by the philosophy of constant attack:
Bad reference and analogy concerning this issue. It's the adversaries to Christianity for whom your analogy applies. NOT the Christian.
quote-attack-rapidly-ruthlessly-viciously-without-rest-however-tired-and-hungry-you-may-be-george-s-patton-130-40-13.jpg

Also, "No one ever defended anything successfully. There is only attack, attack, and attack some more." - George S. Patton

The problem with this, however, is that you will nearly always take heavy losses early on. But the rewards will outweigh the cost.

Look what happened during New Testament times. You had some of the greatest leaders in the early church lose their lives early on. Why? Because they were going into attack mode. The speech Stephen gave in Acts 7 made the Sanhedrin look SO bad that they had to drag him out of the Sanhedrin and put him to death immediately. But they were exposed for their evils and spiritual blindness in the process, not only through what he said but by their killing a just and righteous man. James was killed by King Herod around a decade later (Acts 12:1-2), for similar reasons.
He was exposing the Jewish leadership for their sins. In James 5:1-6, he was laying into the Jewish leadership and the Pharisees in particular for their greed, just as Jesus before him exposed them for being covetous (Luke 16:14). So God was now using James to deliver the people from deception and take enemy territory, winning souls away from the enemy and into the kingdom of God. Satan had no choice but to retaliate by killing James, but as I stated earlier, God allowed this because those called to martyrdom receive greater reward from Him in eternity. They would have killed Peter too had the saints not prayed for God to deliver him (Acts 12:3-19).

Now, did the rest of the apostles die in the years following? No. After this, most of them lived out their full lives, and died martyr's deaths only AFTER their ministries had completely run their courses. The same will take place in the end times. The religious leadership of the false church will be exposed in the same way, and you can't just wade into the enemy and not expect to take some losses. But those who die will become the seed for the great harvest to take place; a seed abides alone unless it dies, but if it falls into the ground and dies, it will produce a great harvest (John 12:24).

We on the same page yet, or no? :)
Do you know how General Patton, a great leader in the field, died?

He was assassinated by agents of the leadership he followed all the days of his military life.