Assuming "Others are right, for their own reasons" is a blessed moral stance. Discuss.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi there,

So in addition to what I call the Silver Line that as a rule "partially right, most of the time" is moral, the Diamond Point, is that assuming "Others are right, for their own reasons" is a blessed moral stance. The effectiveness of it, comes down to interpreting good and bad, from the perspective of the person, choosing between them. People do not automatically choose good or evil, in this manner, but come to the conclusion for one or the other based on their own reasons. Understanding this, most easily and lightly comes down to interpreting what they say is moral, from the perspective of what is "not wrong". For example, sin in the right context, is not wrong.

Sin not being wrong, is simply and plainly this: it's not wrong to sin, if you provide a way for lesser sin to triumph over greater. This is basically an expediency: the natural reaction is to say "no, sin is wrong!" but in the case where you make this statement, you are forgetting that there are degrees of sin and it may be expedient to sin less and less, before you stop completely. Just saying "no, sin is wrong, I will stop immediately" you may find that this is a lot harder than you think! The Bible warns against making oaths in haste, that you can't keep (proverbs). Other wrongs, can be interpreted in a like manner: it's not wrong to kill, if you can do it with laughter; its not wrong to hate, if you become more of a friend and so on and so forth. All these things come by taking a moral stance, that "others are right, for their own reasons".

The best example of "others being right", is displayed in Jesus' command, to "turn the other cheek" - Jesus said "when someone strikes you on the one cheek, turn to him the other". If someone was right to strike you on the one cheek, then it is safe to presume it is not wrong to turn to them the other cheek. But of course, if they were mistaken to strike you on the one cheek, then they will assume you are right for your own reasons, and not strike the other! This is the power of love, love always turns the other cheek. If we did this for life, how much life would we save?! Therefore trust love, and stop calling things "wrong"? That is the power of this message!

I hope you are able to see, I am saying this out of a desire to be "more" moral and that the Holy Spirit will guide both of us.

God bless.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Being moral has nothing to do with either believing or allowing others to believe they are right .
Christ always corrected folks . Even His own desciples .
This sounds more like that all inclusive new morality to me . Be on gaurd for many are going down that road .
And BROAD it is and leadeth to death .
This has been a huge problem that has allowed leaven to take over many churches .
Simply speak truth and correct brethren in error . We are not God and this generation is not entitled .
All i see these days is a form of religoin that always seems to pander to men
always seems to pander to the errors and sins of humanity .
Always seems to desire fellowship and unity , BUT AT THE COST OF T RUTH .
We got massive problems and we sure dont need to be part of that problem .
Follow JESUS and let HIM feed us our morals .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The new religoin says YE ARE ENTITLED to your own beliefs and paths .
NO sirs and no mams . We are to simply OBEY THE LORD and when any opinion contradicts HIS WORD
we are not to entertain it but rather correct it quickly .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mankind is not entitled to its own opinion . There is a way which seemeth RIGHT unto a man
but the end thereof is death . The only opinion that matters , IS and belongs to GOD , to CHRIST .
Let us learn that rather than to believe we or anyone else is entitled to their own opinion .
Opinion is good , SO long as it AGREES with THE GLORIOUS LORD . IF not flee it .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who on earth is this who contradicts the TRUTH .
Sin is sin and let it not be once named among you as becometh saints .
This sounds like let us do evil that good may come . Wrong .
We follow Christ and believe me He would never have taught some of what i see above in that writing .
Time for us to return to bibles and learn Christ well and learn all sound biblical doctrine whereby one shall grow wise
unto salvation through our faith in Christ .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WHEN JESUS said turn the other cheek this never meant what you try and say it did .
It simply meant let us not repay their evil with evil . They were not considered being right
it just means dont repay evil with evil .

NL.009

Dec 1, 2022
Babylon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is true among people. But do not mistake the intentions of those who claim authority for themselves. The state is controlled by the devil people. They destroy what god created. They turn it upside down. Confuse you, so that you don't know left from right and then they can lead you down to your own destruction. They don't want your money. They are only after your soul. Never give it to them. If you follow them, you turn your back on the free will god gave you. You become a puppet of theirs that will lash out against the other people. It is you as people against them and their government system. No matter if you are on their side, they are never on yours. It is not meant to be regular people to turn against one another.

Never turn the other cheek to a police officer or any other agent of the state, lest he might murder you in cold blood, excusing himself with the age old `i'm just doing my job`.

• Wow
Reactions: Gottservant

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interesting topic. (title)
Not sure I follow the OP, but the topic title resonates with me for sure.

--- Assuming "Others are right, for their own reasons" is a blessed moral stance. Discuss. ---

Yes!
Why not use a difference of opinion between each other to learn where the
other person is coming from instead of telling them where to go. - LOL

We don't have to agree with everyone, but why not give them
the opportunity to have their own opinion?

• Love
Reactions: Gottservant