Assurance of salvation:

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are as limited as we make ourselves. God is not limited except as He has granted us the choice of limiting Him. The children of Israel did and so have many people today:

"Yea, they turned back and tempted God, and limited the Holy One of Israel." Psalm 78:41

The apostle Paul warned us about limiting God here:

"Quench not the Spirit." I Thess 5:19

Don't limit our God by trying to make Him fit into a box. We do it, but are we not missing the very best things when we do so?

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." Phil 4:13

What is I got to do with what I said?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To whom did God graft us into? Other gentiles or Israel?
Is there more than one Tree of Life? If only one, who gets to partake of it now?

"He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God." Rev 2:7

How is it that we receive Life?

"Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls." James 1:21

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.” (Hebrews 12:24) (KJV 1900)
Hebrews 12:24 New International Version (NIV)
24 to Jesus the mediator of a new covenant, and to the sprinkled blood that speaks a better word than the blood of Abel.

A new covenant, not the new covenant.

Again, the covenant given at the Last Supper is not the new covenant to the houses of Israel and Judah.

Notice the blood, same as at the Last Supper.

Show me that in the new covenant to Israel and Judah.

In the MK, which is under the new covenant, animal sacrifices return.

Last edited:
D

Dave L

Is there more than one Tree of Life? If only one, who gets to partake of it now?

"He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God." Rev 2:7

How is it that we receive Life?

"Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls." James 1:21
In Romans 11, God broke off the unbelieving Jews from Israel and grafted believing gentiles into their place. And will graft any who accept Christ back into Israel.

D

Dave L

Hebrews 12:24 New International Version (NIV)
24 to Jesus the mediator of a new covenant, and to the sprinkled blood that speaks a better word than the blood of Abel.

A new covenant, not the new covenant.

Again, the covenant given at the Last Supper is not the new covenant to the houses of Israel and Judah.
We are Israel. The unbelieving Jews are not. God will graft any who accept Christ back into Israel (Romans 11).

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is I got to do with what I said?
I guess we really are in a sense in completely different worlds. Sometimes other speak about things which make no sense to me. So then I try to answer with what I see or with questions and...?

God really has not changed at all. Some people have chosen to change and been shown the way to Life. What and where is this highway of holiness leading to Life? For us, is it not Jesus? Is there another way? But how good is our eyesight?

"Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy is he." Prov 29:18

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Romans 11, God broke off the unbelieving Jews from Israel and grafted believing gentiles into their place. And will graft any who accept Christ back into Israel.
OK...

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess we really are in a sense in completely different worlds. Sometimes other speak about things which make no sense to me. So then I try to answer with what I see or with questions and...?

God really has not changed at all. Some people have chosen to change and been shown the way to Life. What and where is this highway of holiness leading to Life? For us, is it not Jesus? Is there another way? But how good is our eyesight?

"Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy is he." Prov 29:18

Sorry, but I don't understand where you're coming from as regards what you commented on before.

D

Dave L

So you're saying God created a tree that's limited in size.

Got a verse to support that?
Jesus IS Israel along with those who believe in him. The OT Israel were the people called by his name - Israel.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh no, you tell me what actual belief is. If I say anything you will just say it isn't true belief. As for me I totally believe, have faith in, trust in, what Jesus did for me on the cross. I have turned over my eternal life to Jesus because I BELIEVE that when He shed His blood on the cross it paid for my sins. The word of God says that is true and I believe it. You should too.

I believe that the scriptures I posted in the O.P. are true. You should too.

15 “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. 16 You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles? 17 Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Therefore by their fruits you will know them.

21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry, but I don't understand where you're coming from as regards what you commented on before.
I don't always have answers to such questions. I simply strive to surrender to God and to follow Him. Sometimes He gives me an answer, but if He does it is for His reasons. If it helps I am opposed to OSAS in the sense that people have usually supported it on this forum. Yet, I believe that some of them with a sincere heart will still please God in the end of the matter.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
“And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.” (Hebrews 12:24) (KJV 1900)

The above verse is better understood if it is read as, "Jesus the mediator of the newer covenant," since Jesus said, in the upper room, "this is the blood of the renewed/refurbished, {i.e. made like new again,} covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins. 29 But I say to you, I will not drink of this fruit of the vine from now on until that day when I drink it renewed/refurbished with you in My Father's kingdom."

Now if a covenant is renewed, then the original covenant is replaced with the newer form of the same salvation covenant. Now, since Jesus came to instigate a new process for the reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, then the processes of the original salvation for the granting of reconciliation and the covering of righteous in the original salvation covenant has been modified and as such these changes in the process has instigated a newer form of the same salvation covenant which is based on a firm understanding of who Christ is what He has achieved on the cross. This is the bases of God's everlasting Kingdom which will be established in our near future.

Shalom

PS: - {i.e. made like new again,} has been inserted to add clarity to the meaning of what is contained in this verse.

D

Dave L

The above verse is better understood if it is read as, "Jesus the mediator of the newer covenant," since Jesus said, in the upper room, "this is the blood of the renewed/refurbished, {i.e. made like new again,} covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins. 29 But I say to you, I will not drink of this fruit of the vine from now on until that day when I drink it renewed/refurbished with you in My Father's kingdom."

Now if a covenant is renewed, then the original covenant is replaced with the newer form of the same salvation covenant. Now, since Jesus came to instigate a new process for the reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, then the processes of the original salvation for the granting of reconciliation and the covering of righteous in the original salvation covenant has been modified and as such these changes in the process has instigated a newer form of the same salvation covenant which is based on a firm understanding of who Christ is what He has achieved on the cross. This is the bases of God's everlasting Kingdom which will be established in our near future.

Shalom
“Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, That I will make a new covenant With the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers In the day that I took them by the hand To bring them out of the land of Egypt; Which my covenant they brake, Although I was an husband unto them, saith the Lord: But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, And write it in their hearts; And will be their God, And they shall be my people.” (Jeremiah 31:31–33) (KJV 1900)

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't always have answers to such questions. I simply strive to surrender to God and to follow Him. Sometimes He gives me an answer, but if He does it is for His reasons. If it helps I am opposed to OSAS in the sense that people have usually supported it on this forum. Yet, I believe that some of them with a sincere heart will still please God in the end of the matter.

Shalom

It is not renewed or refurbished. It is new.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The above verse is better understood if it is read as, "Jesus the mediator of the newer covenant...
Except that that is NOT what the Holy Spirit has said. That is your spin on the New Covenant. Which means that you really do not understand the finished work of Christ. Time to go back to square one.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Except that that is NOT what the Holy Spirit has said. That is your spin on the New Covenant. Which means that you really do not understand the finished work of Christ. Time to go back to square one.

The new covenant to the houses of Israel and Judah's is future.

Somehow you say to the Church, which has never said.