Back When Protestants Men Weren't The Gutless Wonders Of Today

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You folk are so paranoid. Why is it that every time we question anything to do with Catholic faith and practice, it is deemed as being anti-Catholic? What is so anti-Catholic about questioning the validity of Sunday sacredness? It is a quest for truth. If Sunday sacredness is in reality a flaw in Catholic teaching, would it not be in your best interests to press me for more information... Delve into the topic with more transparency... dig deeper than you have ever previously gone... Search for that which may inform and enlighten you and your friends with more surety and peace of mind? Would you not want to investigate with more certainty than simply responding with a blanket defensive pattern which consists of attacking others with the accusation of being"anti-Catholic"? It is that kind of response which prompted phone man to start the thread "if protestants hatred Catholics etc"....I did not bring up the Sabbath issue because I am anti-Catholic. Nor do I need to rely on anti-Catholic sources to gain understanding of church history.
No paranoia here. I don't even understand that analogy.

You ask: Why is it that every time we question anything to do with Catholic faith and practice, it is deemed as being anti-Catholic? What is so anti-Catholic about questioning the validity of Sunday sacredness?

It is anti-Catholic (and anti-Biblical) to be questioning the validity of Sunday sacredness because The Church, according to scripture, began the practice of "Sunday sacredness" while the Apostles were still alive. Furthermore, according to the earliest Christian writings the practice of "Sunday sacredness" was practiced by Christians. It took several hundred years for SOME of the Jews, who converted to Christianity, to forgo their "Saturday sacredness". Just like it took several hundred years for The Church to decisively decide what books belong in the bible you keep (mis-)quoting from.

In summary: Your un-biblical belief can't be anti-Protestant because the Protestant's didn't come into existence until the 1500's and had NOTHING to do with and had no input on the decision of what day Christians would make sacred.

For you to say you are not anti-Catholic is laughable. All one has to do is go to your website and see how ant-Catholic you are. Just be honest and own it. What are you paranoid of???? Or do you suffer from megalomania? After all, if you are right about this "Saturday sacredness" that makes 99.9% of Christianity wrong... even the ones who walked and talked with Jesus and the Apostles.;)

Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I knew full well the circumstances surrounding that council.
Complete and utter lie.

You said and I quote: "If the Roman church had no problem with that, why issue a Canon anathema against Christian Sabbath keepers?"

The "Roman Church" DID NOT issue the Canon YOU referenced. So please stop PRETENDING you knew what you were talking about. You, more than likely, referenced or read that from an anti-Catholic source OR you failed to do your own research. Which one is it????

Just be honest and admit you made a mistake.:rolleyes:

Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I said, the churches in Asia minor weren't the only Christian churches keeping Sabbath at that time. 300 to 400 years after Christ there were many churches throughout the then known world that received the gospel from Christian missionaries and as result began to observe and keep God's commandments. Including the Sabbath. Pagans from Asia minor... Germanic Barbarians from Europe... Africans from Ethiopia... The Persians, Assyrians, the growing church throughout the Far East, even as far as India, Afghanistan, Southern Russia, China. All along The Old silk road that wove through all manner of terrain and culture, the gospel travelled and so with it the 4 th commandment which specifically states that the 7th day is the Sabbath of the Lord God. None of those missionaries came from Rome. They went out from Antioch, Perea, Galatia, and Jerusalem. Rome want even established as an official centre of Christian thought until the 3rd and 4 th centuries with the disestablishment of the Empire. Meanwhile the whole world almost received the gospel with gladness and joy... Whole kingdoms were converted to Christ while in Rome the Christians were being fed to wild beasts. Sunday was unknown to pagan converts outside of Roman influence.
And they all weren't reading from the same "sacred" scripture either now were they???? It is because of "Roman influence" that you have the Bible you quote from. That "Roman influence" established the table of contents of the bible 300-400 years after Christ died. Why do you accept that "Roman influence" but not the "Sunday sacredness" Roman influence??? The doctrines/dogma's of Christianity didn't suddenly appear in a book as Jesus was rising into heaven. They developed over time.

You have accepted this "Protestant influence" from the Reformation: You can sit in your basement eating Doritos and drinking an energy drink all night typing on your keyboard what YOU believe scripture is telling you and you know YOUR right because you are being guided by the Holy Spirit. ;)

You liken the Protestant church of today as they are supposed to be "God's watchmen" and say they are blind and that they are "no longer Protestant". How is it that everyone else blind and you see so clearly??? o_O

Curious Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sunday was unknown to pagan converts outside of Roman influence.
Completely not true and easy to prove.

Do you know about the Didache? The Epistle of Barnabas? Ignatius or Justin Martyr?? What they all have to say about "Sunday sacredness"??

If you did you would not have made such an ignorant statement. Stop relying on anti-Catholic writers and do your own research.

Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't add your words into mine and then act like you agree. Why do so many here feel they must manipulate what people say to prove their end game

I didn't say a homosexual can be a Christian. I said they can't. A homosexual who claims to be a Christian is an oxymoron. Homosexuality is a more grave category. I showed you in (Rom. 1). Which of course you do not reply to as it does not support your perverted belief. (Rom. 1) suports what I have said. (Rom. 1) does not supprt what you say.

Concerning (Matt. 7:21-23), I told you already. Jesus said 'never knew you'. That can mean nothing but that they were never Christians or believers. Who said they performed great works in Jesus name?

Contrary Mary, you are no better a theologian then you are a historian.

Quantrill
Thank you Quantrill.

It seems that you don't agree that the act of homosexuality is a sin. If homosexuality isn't a sin, what is it?

It is implied that they prophesied, cast out demons and did many mighty works in His name. Jesus rejected them none the less because they did not do the complete will of his Father. That is my interpretation. How do we determine if your interpretation is right and mine is wrong?

Not sure how I am no better a historian when I schooled you about Quantrill's raid. ;)

Theologian Mary

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you Quantrill.

It seems that you don't agree that the act of homosexuality is a sin. If homosexuality isn't a sin, what is it?

It is implied that they prophesied, cast out demons and did many mighty works in His name. Jesus rejected them none the less because they did not do the complete will of his Father. That is my interpretation. How do we determine if your interpretation is right and mine is wrong?

Not sure how I am no better a historian when I schooled you about Quantrill's raid. ;)

Theologian Mary

Your quite welcome.

A homosexual act is a sin. A homosexual and the act is an abomination. One who is a homosexual has gone down the path laid out in (Rom. 1) which I have already explained. He is in the second stage of being given up by God.

What is not implied is what Jesus said. "I never knew you" What does this mean. It means 'I never knew you'. What does this mean? It means these are not Christians, are not saved as when one becomes a Christian or is saved, Christ knows them. Christ says He never knew them which means they were never saved.

Deceptive Mary, you have failed to school anyone. You certainly didn't provide any information concerning Quantrill that supported your bigoted statements. Your ignorance was shown. This is why you haven't responded to the said thread. And the book you recommended proves you wrong. This shows you didn't even know the book you were recommending, daring me to quote from. I quoted a lot from it. And it proves you didn't and don't know what you're talking about.

Quantrill

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
bc God does not judge like we do, i guess. Do you think "protestant" means "accepted?"
True, but that truth doesn't mean He calls good "evil" and evil "good".

"Protestant" means "one who protests" and since the vast majority of non-catholics don't anymore, they are worthy of the title or deserve the honor of being called such. The world will soon polarize into two camps, and those who refuse to take up the banner of true Protestantism and keep God's Law will most certainly accept the Mark of the Beast, by whom Satan will "frameth mischief by a law" (Psalm 94:20).

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
The world will soon polarize into two camps, and those who refuse to take up the banner of true Protestantism and keep God's Law
ah, the banner, yes.
Most "protestants" already believe Anarchy is evil, right.
I'm curious whether you consider yourself a patriot or not now

Last edited:

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your quite welcome.

A homosexual act is a sin. A homosexual and the act is an abomination. One who is a homosexual has gone down the path laid out in (Rom. 1) which I have already explained. He is in the second stage of being given up by God.

Quantrill
Dear Quantrill (a man who was a brutal killer),

Your killing me.....:)

You have me very confused.
I previously said: I agree.....every Christian that commits a sin (the ACT of homosexuality, stealing, etc) is not necessarily a non-believer. I agree....one can still be a sinner (homosexual, thief) and still be a Christian.

You responded: Don't add your words into mine and then act like you agree. Why do so many here feel they must manipulate what people say to prove their end game.

NOW you are agreeing with me that "A homosexual act is a sin".

How did I manipulate you this time??? With my charm?? ;)

If homosexuality is a sin then it is forgivable just like stealing, adultery etc. etc.

Since homosexuals (a person who sins) can be Christian they can be forgiven just like a thief AND just like the sinner who is looking at you in the mirror.

Mary

Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your quite welcome.

Deceptive Mary, you have failed to school anyone. You certainly didn't provide any information concerning Quantrill that supported your bigoted statements. Your ignorance was shown. This is why you haven't responded to the said thread. And the book you recommended proves you wrong. This shows you didn't even know the book you were recommending, daring me to quote from. I quoted a lot from it. And it proves you didn't and don't know what you're talking about.

Quantrill
If I "failed to school anyone" then that means you already knew about Reverend Cordley's letter written within days of the massacre at Lawrence?

HOWEVER, the fact is you didn't know about the letter until I brought it to your attention soooooo either you are lying now or you were lying then. Since you didn't know about it that means I SCHOOLED YOU!!

I will rejoin you in our fruitless conversation on the other thread. I hope you have chosen to use kinder words this time....We will see. :rolleyes:

Professor Mary

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dear Quantrill (a man who was a brutal killer),

Your killing me.....:)

You have me very confused.
I previously said: I agree.....every Christian that commits a sin (the ACT of homosexuality, stealing, etc) is not necessarily a non-believer. I agree....one can still be a sinner (homosexual, thief) and still be a Christian.

You responded: Don't add your words into mine and then act like you agree. Why do so many here feel they must manipulate what people say to prove their end game.

NOW you are agreeing with me that "A homosexual act is a sin".

How did I manipulate you this time??? With my charm?? ;)

If homosexuality is a sin then it is forgivable just like stealing, adultery etc. etc.

Since homosexuals (a person who sins) can be Christian they can be forgiven just like a thief AND just like the sinner who is looking at you in the mirror.

Mary

Only in my dreams dear.

Homosexuality is a sin. It can be forgiven. But...and this is a large but...a homosexual will seldom seek God or any forgiveness from God. Why? Because he is in the 2nd stage, of which there are three, of being given up by God. (Rom. 1:19-32) The homosexual has been turned over to homosexuality by God.

In other words, homosexuality is itself a judgement from God. A judgement for what you ask? (Rom. 1:21-23). Homosexuals love to flaunt their perversity as if they are doing what they please. What they don't know is that they are doing what they are doing because God has turned them over to it.

As I have said, homosexuals are like maggots on a corpse. They appear after something is already dead.

Quantrill...alias Stranger

Last edited:

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I "failed to school anyone" then that means you already knew about Reverend Cordley's letter written within days of the massacre at Lawrence?

HOWEVER, the fact is you didn't know about the letter until I brought it to your attention soooooo either you are lying now or you were lying then. Since you didn't know about it that means I SCHOOLED YOU!!

I will rejoin you in our fruitless conversation on the other thread. I hope you have chosen to use kinder words this time....We will see. :rolleyes:

Professor Mary

No Mary, I wasn't aware of any Cordley's letter. Appreciate that information. But, what you are making of it is wrong. Cordley was from Lawrence. Lawrence was an abolitionist town. What do you expect? Remember the quote I gave you from the book you recommended about the preacher from Lawrence who stole stuff from the Southernors churches to supply his own. That was the condition of Yankee Christianity in that day. Hell, that may have been Cordley himself.

It is only fruitless if you are unwilling to learn.

Quantrill

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only in my dreams dear.

Homosexuality is a sin. It can be forgiven. But...and this is a large but...a homosexual will seldom seek God or any forgiveness from God. Why? Because he is in the 2nd stage, of which there are three, of being given up by God. (Rom. 1:19-32) The homosexual has been turned over to homosexuality by God.

In other words, homosexuality is itself a judgement from God. A judgement for what you ask? (Rom. 1:21-23). Homosexuals love to flaunt their perversity as if they are doing what they please. What they don't know is that they are doing what they are doing because God has turned them over to it.

As I have said, homosexuals are like maggots on a corpse. They appear after something is already dead.

Thank you. You have articulated your point well.

To say that a homosexual will seldom seek God or any forgivness from God is like saying a thief will will seldom seek God or any forgivness from God. To say that "Homosexuals love to flaunt their perversity as if they are doing what they please" is not true. Have you ever heard of closet homosexuals?? Have you ever been surprised when you heard someone was gay...not expecting it to be "them"? Neither of your statements are true and to make either BLANKET statement is not logical.

There are many homosexuals who do not engage in the act. Just like there are many thief's (kleptomaniac) and people with hypersexual disorder who have the desire to sin but don't.

Are kleptomaniac's and people with hypersexual disorders like maggots on a corpse?

Mary

Reactions: Willie T

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No Mary, I wasn't aware of any Cordley's letter. Appreciate that information.

But, what you are making of it is wrong. Cordley was from Lawrence. Lawrence was an abolitionist town. What do you expect?

Remember the quote I gave you from the book you recommended about the preacher from Lawrence who stole stuff from the Southernors churches to supply his own. That was the condition of Yankee Christianity in that day. Hell, that may have been Cordley himself.

It is only fruitless if you are unwilling to learn.

Quantrill
Thank you for your honesty.

Then the reverse is true: Any writings from a pro-Southerner is suspect also. After all, what do you expect from them??? So can we please drop this "anything bad written about Quantrill" is a biased writing and balance out all the historical writings out?

It MAY have been Cordley but PLEASE let's not play that game. Take the letter for what it is: a historical (probably biased) account of the Lawrence massacre. Add it to the statements from the men who participated in the massacre and balance it all out. It was a sad, sad day in our history. That men felt pushed to act like that and do such horrible things based partially on a lie (the jail collapse in Kansas City) :(

AS I HAVE SAID BEFORE: Quantrill and ANY man that acted the way he did (men of his ilk) should not be looked up to. There were bad men on BOTH sides which is normal in any war. It is to bad he didn't take his skills and passion and focus only on enemy soldiers and military forts. Sooooo many innocent civilians killed, raped, robbed from and lively hoods taken away. An embarrassing chapter, along with slavery, of our great history.

Historical Mary

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

To say that a homosexual will seldom seek God or any forgivness from God is like saying a thief will will seldom seek God or any forgivness from God. To say that "Homosexuals love to flaunt their perversity as if they are doing what they please" is not true. Have you ever heard of closet homosexuals?? Have you ever been surprised when you heard someone was gay...not expecting it to be "them"? Neither of your statements are true and to make either BLANKET statement is not logical.

There are many homosexuals who do not engage in the act. Just like there are many thief's (kleptomaniac) and people with hypersexual disorder who have the desire to sin but don't.

Are kleptomaniac's and people with hypersexual disorders like maggots on a corpse?

Mary

Your welcome.

Yes the statements are true. You ignore the truth that God has turned them over to it. Why did you do that Mary? You turned to some sort of counseling verbage and ignore the Scriptures.

Well, if they are homosexuals then they are experiencing the 2nd giving up by God. They are a product of something already dead.

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Mary
You'll probably never get through to *Stranger*, but I know that God appreciates the way you keep trying.

Reactions: Marymog