Back When Protestants Men Weren't The Gutless Wonders Of Today

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow....You and I generally agree on something. Hell must be frozen over. ;)

Here is where we MIGHT be disagreeing: The ACT of homosexuality is a sin. If one is homosexual but doesn't act on it they are "just people and we are to love them like God loves them" and they are as much of a Christian as you and I.

I noticed you didn't answer the question: WHO decides who is a "believer" and who isn't???

Scripture makes it clear that we have to do more than just 'accept Christ as our Lord and Savior'.

Based on your statement I have to ask: WHO decides when one has accepted Christ as their Lord and Savior?

The churches that accept lesbian, gay and perverted into their church and have woman as preachers/teachers would say that they have accepted Christ as their Savior and that you have not completely accepted Him because you are not being inclusive/forgiving/loving as He was.

WHO decides which of the two of you are right?

Mary

I did answer. One who accepts Jesus Christ as the Son of God and their Saviour is a believer.

Stranger

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow....You and I generally agree on something. Hell must be frozen over. ;)

Here is where we MIGHT be disagreeing: The ACT of homosexuality is a sin. If one is homosexual but doesn't act on it they are "just people and we are to love them like God loves them" and they are as much of a Christian as you and I.

I noticed you didn't answer the question: WHO decides who is a "believer" and who isn't???

Scripture makes it clear that we have to do more than just 'accept Christ as our Lord and Savior'.

Based on your statement I have to ask: WHO decides when one has accepted Christ as their Lord and Savior?

The churches that accept lesbian, gay and perverted into their church and have woman as preachers/teachers would say that they have accepted Christ as their Savior and that you have not completely accepted Him because you are not being inclusive/forgiving/loving as He was.

Mary
You often speak with more of the wisdom of God than even you, yourself, might recognize.

Reactions: Marymog
B

brakelite

Can you list those doctrines that are "straight out of hell"??
Any doctrine that is derived from paganism. Any doctrine that is a blend of Christianity and heathen tradition. While many Cristian doctrines today have an element of truth, too many have aspects which are rooted in pagan superstition and/or sun worship and find no foundation in scripture. I could make a list, but you already have read the catechism.
But I will offer just one example. Read the Ten Commandments from your catechism. Imagine if you will, that you have absolutely no familiarity with religion whatsoever. That you have no teaching history, nor have had any contact with Christians in your entire life. After reading the Ten Commandments,, how can you know which god, or God, you are reading about here? Who is it that you must love and obey? Who is it that you must give your unreserved loyalty to, else come under condemnation? After all, this is His law? Surely somewhere therein He identifies Himself, right?

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Any doctrine that is derived from paganism. Any doctrine that is a blend of Christianity and heathen tradition. While many Cristian doctrines today have an element of truth, too many have aspects which are rooted in pagan superstition and/or sun worship and find no foundation in scripture. I could make a list, but you already have read the catechism.
But I will offer just one example. Read the Ten Commandments from your catechism. Imagine if you will, that you have absolutely no familiarity with religion whatsoever. That you have no teaching history, nor have had any contact with Christians in your entire life. After reading the Ten Commandments,, how can you know which god, or God, you are reading about here? Who is it that you must love and obey? Who is it that you must give your unreserved loyalty to, else come under condemnation? After all, this is His law? Surely somewhere therein He identifies Himself, right?
Seriously?

Reactions: Marymog
B

brakelite

Seriously?
Of course I'm serious. Try it yourself. Read the RCC version of the Ten Commandments from their catechism. Who is the God they are referring to? Is there anything in those commandments to indicate that the Catholic God may not be Jupiter? Or Zeus? Or Baal? Or Fred?

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
God and Scripture decide who is right and who is wrong.

But it is definitely NOT the Catholic Church, which claims to be the only true church, and turns out to be the primary false church.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did answer. One who accepts Jesus Christ as the Son of God and their Saviour is a believer.

Stranger

The people who accept (promote) gay marriage, woman clergy and use scripture to support abortion all believe in Jesus as their Lord and Savior.

Have they accepted Jesus and his teachings or are they accepting their version of Jesus?

Mary

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God and Scripture decide who is right and who is wrong.

But it is definitely NOT the Catholic Church, which claims to be the only true church, and turns out to be the primary false church.
Sooooo YOU have decided that God and Scripture decide and YOU have decided that it is definitely NOT the CC?? Fascinating!! Which one are you? God or Scriptyure....o_O

Scripture tells me you are wrong! ;)

Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for chiming in.

You have failed to list any doctrine that is straight out of Hell....you have only bloviated. Now we can move on.

Your "one example" has NOTHING to do with doctrine. Would you care to try again??

Patient Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course I'm serious. Try it yourself. Read the RCC version of the Ten Commandments from their catechism. Who is the God they are referring to? Is there anything in those commandments to indicate that the Catholic God may not be Jupiter? Or Zeus? Or Baal? Or Fred?
Is this serious or are you being facetious?? I pick the latter!!

Mary

Reactions: Willie T

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The people who accept (promote) gay marriage, woman clergy and use scripture to support abortion all believe in Jesus as their Lord and Savior.

Have they accepted Jesus and his teachings or are they accepting their version of Jesus?

Mary

If one promotes homosexuality then they are found in the second 'giving up' by God in (Rom. 1:26). This progression stems from their unbelief in God. (Rom. 1:21).

Therefore you are creating an oxymoron with your scenario. I am not surprised that you are, but you are.

Stranger

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Few here seem to understand supporting another human being while objecting to the life they are entangled in. I seem to hear a lot of hating the person just as much as hating their sin... maybe even more so.

We may not agree on politics, but i really love reading your posts, Willie

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We may not agree on politics, but i really love reading your posts, Willie
Thank you, but, Oh, if you only had any idea the road I've walked. Maybe someday we can get a chance for me to tell you of beating an addiction that makes most look like a walk in the park. And it is that life that finally helped me to begin seeing through the eyes Jesus wanted me to use.

B

brakelite

Thank you for chiming in.

You have failed to list any doctrine that is straight out of Hell....you have only bloviated. Now we can move on.

Your "one example" has NOTHING to do with doctrine. Would you care to try again??

Patient Mary
Sunday sacredness is a doctrine with its roots in paganism, and is thus a blend of paganism and Christianity. As are many of the Catholic feasts such as Christmas, Easter, and whatever you want to call October 31st...none of which can be evidenced from scripture.
But God will have a people upon
the earth to maintain the Bible, and
the Bible only, as the standard of all
doctrines and the basis of all
reforms. The opinions of learned
men, the deductions of science, the
creeds or decisions of ecclesiastical
councils, as numerous and discordant
as are the churches which they
represent, the voice of the majority
—not one nor all of these should be
regarded as evidence for or against
any point of religious faith. Before
accepting any doctrine or precept,
we should demand a plain “Thus
saith the Lord” in its support.

You and your Catholic friends constantly demand proof that sola scriptura is valid. There are many proofs and indications that it is. Such as Jesus's talk with the disciples on the road to Emmaus. He didn't reveal even Himself to them...He wanted them to understand that their faith ought to be grounded on the word of God...the scriptures. The word of God even being above the presence of the Son of God. The apostle Peter confirmed this when he said, in the context of the transfiguration, "but we have a more sure word of prophecy". If the presence of Jesus, Moses, and Elijah themselves was of less importance in establishing faith than God's word, then what chance of scholars and religious leaders of today with their traditions and interpretations? I leave you with one more text...read it carefully....
"To the law, and the testimony. If they speak not according to this word, there is no light in them. Isaiah 8:20

Reactions: amadeus

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If one promotes homosexuality then they are found in the second 'giving up' by God in (Rom. 1:26). This progression stems from their unbelief in God. (Rom. 1:21).

Therefore you are creating an oxymoron with your scenario. I am not surprised that you are, but you are.

Stranger
Partially quoting scripture does not make your case. When on puts Romans 1:21-26 in context it doesn't support your theory.

It seems that your theory is that if someone promotes homosexuality (or engages in it) they don't believe in God???

The act of homosexuality is a sin.

Everyone sins.

Is everyone that commits a sin a non-believer in God???

Mary

PS....You obviously don't know the definition of oxymoron

Last edited:
Reactions: Willie T

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sunday sacredness is a doctrine with its roots in paganism, and is thus a blend of paganism and Christianity. As are many of the Catholic feasts such as Christmas, Easter, and whatever you want to call October 31st...none of which can be evidenced from scripture.
But God will have a people upon
the earth to maintain the Bible, and
the Bible only, as the standard of all
doctrines and the basis of all
reforms. The opinions of learned
men, the deductions of science, the
creeds or decisions of ecclesiastical
councils, as numerous and discordant
as are the churches which they
represent, the voice of the majority
—not one nor all of these should be
regarded as evidence for or against
any point of religious faith. Before
accepting any doctrine or precept,
we should demand a plain “Thus
saith the Lord” in its support.

You and your Catholic friends constantly demand proof that sola scriptura is valid. There are many proofs and indications that it is. Such as Jesus's talk with the disciples on the road to Emmaus. He didn't reveal even Himself to them...He wanted them to understand that their faith ought to be grounded on the word of God...the scriptures. The word of God even being above the presence of the Son of God. The apostle Peter confirmed this when he said, in the context of the transfiguration, "but we have a more sure word of prophecy". If the presence of Jesus, Moses, and Elijah themselves was of less importance in establishing faith than God's word, then what chance of scholars and religious leaders of today with their traditions and interpretations? I leave you with one more text...read it carefully....
"To the law, and the testimony. If they speak not according to this word, there is no light in them. Isaiah 8:20
Your first sentence is a lie and proves you don't know scripture or Christian History. The anti - "Sunday sacredness" tradition started in the late 19th century. I know there is no convincing you that you are completely and utterly wrong in your belief so there is no reason to discuss this further.

The tradition of sola scriptura began 500 years ago and is self refuting. If by scripture alone we can know the truth then that means there are dozens of different truths to the same bible passage. Your truth....my truth....the Catholic truth....the Baptist truth etc. etc etc.

But I know YOUR truth trumps Catholic truth or anyone else's truth so there is no reason to discuss that any further now is there......;)

Contrary to your statement, Jesus did reveal himself to them. How did Jesus reveal himself to the disciples on the road to Emmaus? When he was at the table with them, he took bread, blessed and broke it, and gave it to them. Then their eyes were opened, and they recognized him.

When He interpeted to them from scripture all the things about himself it had NOTHING to do with how He wanted them to understand that their faith ought to be grounded on the word of God. He didn't not have to be a 'stranger' to them to convince them of that.

They recognized Him when he blessed and broke the bread. When we put the entire passage IN CONTEXT your theory makes no sense.

Sola Scriptura isn't in scripture but you believe it.....o_O

Mary

Last edited:

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Partially quoting scripture does not make your case. When on puts Romans 1:21-26 in context it doesn't support your theory.

It seems that your theory is that if someone promotes homosexuality (or engages in it) they don't believe in God???

The act of homosexuality is a sin.

Everyone sins.

Is everyone that commits a sin a non-believer in God???

Mary

PS....You obviously don't know the definition of oxymoron

You say I didn't put (Rom. 1:21-26) in context. Yet you do not explain the context to disprove it. Why?

Homosexuality has it's origin first in the rejection of God. (Rom. 1:21) Being a homosexual speaks to ones nature. To say one is a homosexual and a Christian is an oxymoron.

Stranger

B

brakelite

Your first sentence is a lie and proves you don't know scripture or Christian History. The anti - "Sunday sacredness" tradition started in the late 19th century. I know there is no convincing you that you are completely and utterly wrong in your belief so there is no reason to discuss this further.
If there was no issue with Sabbath keepers before the 19th century, then why was the following necessary in the mid 4 th century?
Canon 29
Christians must not judaize by resting on the Sabbath, but must work on that day, rather honouring the Lord's Day; and, if they can, resting then as Christians. But if any shall be found to be judaizers, let them be anathema from Christ.
It is claimed by both Catholic and non Catholic alike that all Christians observed Sunday as the"Lord's Day" right from the beginning. Yet here is absolute proof that Christians were still observing the true "Lord's Day" at least until the 4 th century and likely beyond. In fact, the Ethiopian church and the Assyrian church of the East observed the Sabbath centuries later than that. If the Roman church had no problem with that, why issue a Canon anathema against Christian Sabbath keepers? I think it is you who does not understand history. I will not however be so bold as suggest you are lying. That kind of presumption I will leave with the likes of you and BoL.