Baptisim

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
A legitimate preacher hosts the spirit of God

John 6:63 KJV
[63] It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Tecarta Bible

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“And when he was disposed to pass into Achaia, the brethren wrote, exhorting the disciples to receive him: who, when he was come, helped them much which had believed through grace:” (Acts 18:27) (KJV 1900)
Acts 18:25 "This man was instructed in the way of the Lord; and being fervent in the spirit, he spake and taught diligently the things of the Lord, knowing only the baptism of John.

but that's why the Lord command was to "TEACH", and it happen, Bishop Aquila and Bishop Priscilla instructed or "TEACHED" him "the way of God more perfectly". Acts 18:26 "And he began to speak boldly in the synagogue: whom when Aquila and Priscilla had heard, they took him unto them, and expounded unto him the way of God more perfectly". amen.

PICJAG.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

[63] It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Tecarta Bible
Romans 10:15 "And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!"

many just "WENT" instead of being "SENT" by GOD.

PICJAG.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“And when he was disposed to pass into Achaia, the brethren wrote, exhorting the disciples to receive him: who, when he was come, helped them much which had believed through grace:” (Acts 18:27) (KJV 1900)
Believe through grace amazing another sole act of God

Reactions: farouk
D

Dave L

Acts 18:25 "This man was instructed in the way of the Lord; and being fervent in the spirit, he spake and taught diligently the things of the Lord, knowing only the baptism of John.

but that's why the Lord command was to "TEACH", and it happen, Bishop Aquila and Bishop Priscilla instructed or "TEACHED" him "the way of God more perfectly". Acts 18:26 "And he began to speak boldly in the synagogue: whom when Aquila and Priscilla had heard, they took him unto them, and expounded unto him the way of God more perfectly". amen.

PICJAG.
“Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.” (John 6:47) (KJV 1900)

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

Tecarta Bible
"But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us." (2 Corinthians 4.7)

Reactions: Waiting on him

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
All saved persons have been made members of the Body of Christ by One divine baptism (this is baptism into the Body of Christ by the Holy Spirit). By that ONE BAPTISM, every member of the Body of Christ is identified with Christ in His death, burial and resurrection. In light of the statement concerning the "ONE BAPTISM" in Ephesians 4:5 and the statement in I Corinthians 1:17 that "Christ sent me not to baptize but to preach the gospel", we affirm that water baptism has no place in God's spiritual program for the Body of Christ in this day of grace.

So, because Paul said that once, it means all the other scriptures about baptism are irrelevant?

Have you never heard or been taught that you don't develop a doctrine with one verse of scripture? That in credible theological teaching is anathema.

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Getting Baptized does not save you......

JESUS going to the cross for our sins .......... Saves US.........

Things changed for us after the Cross.......

JESUS paid the price for us.......... Upon understanding and belief.

We are now who believe,,,,,, Gentiles........ 1Cor. 12:13&27

No one said that baptism saves you.

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Things have changed....... After the Cross..........!!!!!!!!

JESUS sure did a lot for us in this time......... AMEN!!!!!!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Corinthians 1:17 KJV
[17] For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect. If people desire to be water baptized I don’t see a problem with it, but I’ll not say it something you have to do.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Getting Baptized does not save you......

JESUS going to the cross for our sins .......... Saves US.........

Things changed for us after the Cross.......

JESUS paid the price for us.......... Upon understanding and belief.

We are now who believe,,,,,, Gentiles........ 1Cor. 12:13&27
WRONG.

Jesus dying on the cross didn’t save us. It didn’t save ANYBODY.
It REDEEMED us (paid for our sins). BIG difference.

Our response and cooperation with that grace is what SAVES us.
NOBODY gets saves unless their sins are forgiven – and nobody is forgiven until they repent and get BAPTIZED.