Baptisim

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, because Paul said that once, it means all the other scriptures about baptism are irrelevant?

Have you never heard or been taught that you don't develop a doctrine with one verse of scripture? That in credible theological teaching is anathema.
Matthew 20:22-23 KJV
[22] But Jesus answered and said, Ye know not what ye ask. Are ye able to drink of the cup that I shall drink of, and to be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with? They say unto him, We are able. [23] And he saith unto them, Ye shall drink indeed of my cup, and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with: but to sit on my right hand, and on my left, is not mine to give, but it shall be given to them for whom it is prepared of my Father.

Tecarta Bible

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Matthew 20:22-23 KJV
[22] But Jesus answered and said, Ye know not what ye ask. Are ye able to drink of the cup that I shall drink of, and to be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with? They say unto him, We are able. [23] And he saith unto them, Ye shall drink indeed of my cup, and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with: but to sit on my right hand, and on my left, is not mine to give, but it shall be given to them for whom it is prepared of my Father.

Tecarta Bible

And the purpose of quoting that verse is......I am not a mind reader.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All saved persons have been made members of the Body of Christ by One divine baptism (this is baptism into the Body of Christ by the Holy Spirit). By that ONE BAPTISM, every member of the Body of Christ is identified with Christ in His death, burial and resurrection. In light of the statement concerning the "ONE BAPTISM" in Ephesians 4:5 and the statement in I Corinthians 1:17 that "Christ sent me not to baptize but to preach the gospel", we affirm that water baptism has no place in God's spiritual program for the Body of Christ in this day of grace.

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The heading says baptism am I having a technical issue?

In light of the statement concerning the "ONE BAPTISM" in Ephesians 4:5 and the statement in I Corinthians 1:17 that "Christ sent me not to baptize but to preach the gospel", we affirm that water baptism has no place in God's spiritual program for the Body of Christ in this day of grace.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.” (John 6:47) (KJV 1900)
Only Believe, the devil believe. that's just like in asking. but here is a way to ask. example, James 1:5 "If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.
James 1:6 "But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed". get the wole contract. now, Mark 16:15 "And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
Mark 16:16 "He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

question, How can you believe when you have not heard? Romans 10:14 "How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?"

men make people religious, God makes people saved.

PICJAG

PICJAG.

D

Dave L

Only Believe, the devil believe. that's just like in asking. but here is a way to ask. example, James 1:5 "If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.
James 1:6 "But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed". get the wole contract. now, Mark 16:15 "And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
Mark 16:16 "He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

question, How can you believe when you have not heard? Romans 10:14 "How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?"

men make people religious, God makes people saved.

PICJAG

PICJAG.
So saving faith in your understanding is no different from the faith Satan and the demons have?

D

Dave L

U said, .... :D
I know what I said, but do not get a straight answer from you. Are you United Pentecostal? And believe baptism in the name of Jesus Christ and speaking in tongues is necessary for salvation?

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know what I said, but do not get a straight answer from you. Are you United Pentecostal? And believe baptism in the name of Jesus Christ and speaking in tongues is necessary for salvation?
Boughtahonda shouldaboughtayamaha.
Sorry lol, couldn’t help myself!