Baptism question that seems unbiblical

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually - you and Ignatius differ in what you believe.

Ignatius believed that we must be obedient to our clergy - as we would be obedient to CHRIST.
He stated that the SOLE Eucharist was the one celebrated by the BISHOP.
Ignatius wrote that those, like YOU who hold HETERODOX denied that the Eucharist was the "flesh of our Savior Jesus Christ, flesh which suffered for our sins and which that Father, in his goodness, raised up again."

Soooo - either YOU or he are NOT Catholic.

If Ignatius is a born-again Christian then he is in the Catholic Church just like I am in the Catholic Church.

Stranger

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If Ignatius is a born-again Christian then he is in the Catholic Church just like I am in the Catholic Church.

Stranger
Another dodge.
That's NOT what I asked you.

Read carefully . . .
Ignatius believed that we must be obedient to our clergy - as we would be obedient to CHRIST.

Ignatius wrote that those, like YOU who hold HETERODOX denied that the Eucharist was the "flesh of our Savior Jesus Christ, flesh which suffered for our sins and which that Father, in his goodness, raised up again."

NOW - do you believe that this "Catholic Church" that Ignatius of Antioch wrote about is the SAME Catholic Church that YOU belong to?

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another dodge.
That's NOT what I asked you.

Read carefully . . .

NOW - do you believe that this "Catholic Church" that Ignatius of Antioch wrote about is the SAME Catholic Church that YOU belong to?

Please pay attention.

Again, I am not dodging at all. If Ignatius thinks or writes that I have to obey the Roman Bishop, then he is wrong. If he thinks I have to obey those in leadership positions in the Church I attend, he is right.

If Ignatius thinks I have to believe that the bread and wine is actually the real blood and body of Christ, then he is wrong. If he thinks I have to believe it to be part of the Catholic Church he is wrong.

The Church is the universal Church of Jesus Christ. Ignatius can be wrong in these things and still have been a born-again Christian. If indeed he was then he and I are both in the universal Church of Jesus Christ. We are both in the Catholic Church.

Now, ask me again, so I can repeat it again.

Stranger

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Again, I am not dodging at all. If Ignatius thinks or writes that I have to obey the Roman Bishop, then he is wrong. If he thinks I have to obey those in leadership positions in the Church I attend, he is right.

If Ignatius thinks I have to believe that the bread and wine is actually the real blood and body of Christ, then he is wrong. If he thinks I have to believe it to be part of the Catholic Church he is wrong.

The Church is the universal Church of Jesus Christ. Ignatius can be wrong in these things and still have been a born-again Christian. If indeed he was then he and I are both in the universal Church of Jesus Christ. We are both in the Catholic Church.
nice! imo

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please pay attention.

Now, ask me again, so I can repeat it again.

Stranger
Then, you're not a Catholic.

Your claim is as silly as if I were to call myself a "Calvinist". Nothing could be further from the truth.

The Catholic Church has declared that the Eucharist is "the source and summit of the Christian faith" (CCC 1324).
If you disagree with this statement - you may be a Christian - but you're something other than Catholic.

ALL of the Early Church Fathers unanimously agreed on the Eucharist.

Last edited:

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then, you're not a Catholic.

Your claim is as silly as if I were to call myself a "Calvinist". Nothing could be further from the truth.

The Catholic Church has declared that the Eucharist is "the source and summit of the Christian faith" (CCC 1324).
If you disagree with this statement - you may be a Christian - but you're something other than Catholic.

ALL of the Early Church Fathers unanimously agreed on the Eucharist.

I am Christian and part of the Catholic Church. Neither Ignatius or you or any of the so called 'church fathers' dictate what constitutes the universal church of Jesus Christ. All who are born-again make up the Catholic Church.

Indeed, you are not a Calvinist, which is easy to determine. The term 'calvinist' has never been hijacked by any group trying to get power over the rest of the Church. But the term 'catholic' has. The Church of Rome has hijacked the term in the attempt to rule over the whole Catholic Church.

Your CCC 1324 is the Roman Catecism. Not the Catechism of the universal or Catholic church. Though you and Rome wants it to be.

I have no problem with the Lords Supper. I have a problem with Romans view that it is the literal blood and body of Christ.

Stranger

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am Christian and part of the Catholic Church. Neither Ignatius or you or any of the so called 'church fathers' dictate what constitutes the universal church of Jesus Christ. All who are born-again make up the Catholic Church.

Indeed, you are not a Calvinist, which is easy to determine. The term 'calvinist' has never been hijacked by any group trying to get power over the rest of the Church. But the term 'catholic' has. The Church of Rome has hijacked the term in the attempt to rule over the whole Catholic Church.

Your CCC 1324 is the Roman Catecism. Not the Catechism of the universal or Catholic church. Though you and Rome wants it to be.

I have no problem with the Lords Supper. I have a problem with Romans view that it is the literal blood and body of Christ.

Stranger
And this is precisely WHY you're not a Catholic.

Oh, and by the way - can you show me where the Bible says that all who are born again constitute the Catholic Church??
Can't find it in MY Bible . . .

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And this is precisely WHY you're not a Catholic.

Oh, and by the way - can you show me where the Bible says that all who are born again constitute the Catholic Church??
Can't
find it in MY Bible . . .

Oh I am in the Catholic Church, just not in the Roman Church. The Bible doesn't even speak of a 'catholic' church. Unless you have added it in your Bible. It simply speaks of the Church.

Entrance into eternal life is belief on Jesus Christ resulting in being born-again. (John 3:3, 3:5, 3:15, 3:18) That is the confession of Peter in (Matt. 16:16) "Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God." And it is upon that confession, that faith, that Christ said He would build His Church. (Matt. 16:18)

To be in the Church, the universal Church of Jesus Christ, the Catholic Church, one must be born-again. If you are not born-again, you are not in the Church. I don't care what denomination one is in. They must be born-again. If you are in the Roman Church but have never been born-again, then you are not in the Catholic Church.

Stranger

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh I am in the Catholic Church, just not in the Roman Church. The Bible doesn't even speak of a 'catholic' church. Unless you have added it in your Bible. It simply speaks of the Church.

Entrance into eternal life is belief on Jesus Christ resulting in being born-again. (John 3:3, 3:5, 3:15, 3:18) That is the confession of Peter in (Matt. 16:16) "Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God." And it is upon that confession, that faith, that Christ said He would build His Church. (Matt. 16:18)

To be in the Church, the universal Church of Jesus Christ, the Catholic Church, one must be born-again. If you are not born-again, you are not in the Church. I don't care what denomination one is in. They must be born-again. If you are in the Roman Church but have never been born-again, then you are not in the Catholic Church.

Stranger
Since there is NO such thing as "The Roman Church" and only "The Catholic Church" with the Pope as earthly vicar of Christ - you're NOT in the Catholic Church.
Oh, and you never showed me the chapter and verse about the Catholic Church consisting of ALL born again believers.

Like I said - you MIGHT be a Christian - but you ain't Catholic . . .

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since there is NO such thing as "The Roman Church" and only "The Catholic Church" with the Pope as earthly vicar of Christ - you're NOT in the Catholic Church.
Oh, and you never showed me the chapter and verse about the Catholic Church consisting of ALL born again believers.

Like I said - you MIGHT be a Christian - but you ain't Catholic . . .

There is a Roman Church. See the book of Acts and Romans.

The Pope wants to be the earthly vicar of Christ as the Church of Rome wants him to be. But he is not. He is only the bishop of Rome.

I sure did show you. Did you read them?

Stranger

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a Roman Church. See the book of Acts and Romans.
The Pope wants to be the earthly vicar of Christ as the Church of Rome wants him to be. But he is not. He is only the bishop of Rome.
I sure did show you. Did you read them?

Stranger
There is the Church at Rome, there is the Church at Los Angeles, there is the Church at New York, etc.
YOU refer to me as belonging to the "Roman Church", yet I live thousands of miles away from there - you you LOSE o this point.

I belong to the one and only Catholic Church of which the Bishop of Rome is the earthly head. You are a Protestant who is self-divorced from this Church.
Now - you can whine all you want about his - but in the end, you're still a Protestant and I'm a Catholic . . ..

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is the Church at Rome, there is the Church at Los Angeles, there is the Church at New York, etc.
YOU refer to me as belonging to the "Roman Church", yet I live thousands of miles away from there - you you LOSE o this point.

I belong to the one and only Catholic Church of which the Bishop of Rome is the earthly head. You are a Protestant who is self-divorced from this Church.
Now - you can whine all you want about his - but in the end, you're still a Protestant and I'm a Catholic . . ..

Well, the Roman Church has taken over your church. That is why though Rome is thousands of miles away, you are still in the Roman Church.

Yes, as a Christian you are part of the Catholic Church. Just as I am. Only I am Protestant and you are Roman.

Christ is the only Head of the Church. The bishop of Rome wants to be the head of the Church, but he isn't.

Stranger

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, the Roman Church has taken over your church. That is why though Rome is thousands of miles away, you are still in the Roman Church.
Yes, as a Christian you are part of the Catholic Church. Just as I am. Only I am Protestant and you are Roman.
Christ is the only Head of the Church. The bishop of Rome wants to be the head of the Church, but he isn't.
Stranger
Sorry, my deluded friend - but you ain't Catholic.

You're trying to pull a "Henry VIII" with the facts. He also called his Protestant faction, "The Catholic Churh of England". If you bothered to study your history - of which you are woefully-ignorant - you would know that this is where the distinction of "Roman" Catholic Church vs. Catholic Church "of England" was born.

There is the Catholic Church, the Orthodox Churches and the tens of thousands of perpetually-splintering and disjointed Protestant denominations.
Those are the only types of Christians.

Just do your homework - you'll get there . . .

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry, my deluded friend - but you ain't Catholic.

You're trying to pull a "Henry VIII" with the facts. He also called his Protestant faction, "The Catholic Churh of England". If you bothered to study your history - of which you are woefully-ignorant - you would know that this is where the distinction of "Roman" Catholic Church vs. Catholic Church "of England" was born.

There is the Catholic Church, the Orthodox Churches and the tens of thousands of perpetually-splintering and disjointed Protestant denominations.
Those are the only types of Christians.

Just do your homework - you'll get there . . .

Sorry, but you don't get to decide who is in the universal Church of Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ said it is all those who are born-again. Remember?

And, I'm not calling you 'Roman Catholic'. That is an oxymoron term. A universal coupled with a distinctive. I call you and your church 'Roman'. Which is what it is. The universal Church, the Catholic Church, is the entire Church of Jesus Christ.

I have done my homework.

Stranger

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry, but you don't get to decide who is in the universal Church of Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ said it is all those who are born-again. Remember?
When??
Show me where Jesus said that the Catholic Church consisted of ALL born-again believers.

Chapter and verse, please . . .
And, I'm not calling you 'Roman Catholic'. That is an oxymoron term. A universal coupled with a distinctive. I call you and your church 'Roman'. Which is what it is. The universal Church, the Catholic Church, is the entire Church of Jesus Christ.

I have done my homework.
Stranger
No, you haven't.
You keep making claims that you can't back p with Scripture.

You STILL need to show me where Jesus said that the Catholic Church consisted of ALL born-again believers.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
The universal church of God is all those who have received salvation through faith in Jesus Christ. 1 Corinthians 12:12-14

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When??
Show me where Jesus said that the Catholic Church consisted of ALL born-again believers.

Chapter and verse, please . . .

No, you haven't.
You keep making claims that you can't back p with Scripture.

You STILL need to show me where Jesus said that the Catholic Church consisted of ALL born-again believers.

Again, I did show you. Go back and read post #329.

Ask me again so I can tell you the same.

Stranger

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again, I did show you. Go back and read post #329.

Ask me again so I can tell you the same.

Stranger
From Post #329 - YOU wrote:
"Entrance into eternal life is belief on Jesus Christ resulting in being born-again. (John 3:3, 3:5, 3:15, 3:18) That is the confession of Peter in (Matt. 16:16) "Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God." And it is upon that confession, that faith, that Christ said He would build His Church. (Matt. 16:18) "

This doesn't answer my question from post #336, where I asked:

I'll make it easy for you. It doesn't have to say "Catholic". It can simply say "worldwide" or "universal".
I eagerly await your response . . .

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From Post #329 - YOU wrote:
"Entrance into eternal life is belief on Jesus Christ resulting in being born-again. (John 3:3, 3:5, 3:15, 3:18) That is the confession of Peter in (Matt. 16:16) "Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God." And it is upon that confession, that faith, that Christ said He would build His Church. (Matt. 16:18) "

This doesn't answer my question from post #336, where I asked:

I'll make it easy for you. It doesn't have to say "Catholic". It can simply say "worldwide" or "universal".
I eagerly await your response . . .

It certainly does. How about if it says 'church'? The Church consists of those believe on Jesus Christ and are born-again. See all the verses of John I gave you. Christ will build His Church upon that confession as he told Peter when he made such a confesion. The Church consists of all those who are born-again.

Stranger