Baptism ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Show me where it specifically says, in any of the other 59 books, that any GeEditntile (or any Jew, for that matter) has a hope of spending eternity in Heaven. The ONLY place you find this is in Paul's 7 epistles written after Acts and, if you look, you'll find it about a dozen times. It's not hid under a bushel.. You certainly won't find it in John or Romans or Corinthians or Matthew or any of the other 100% all-Israel books. Don't you realize that the very first blessings from God that Gentiles ever got, as a group, in the entire Bible, without becoming Jewish proselytes or being grafted into Israel, occur only in Eph, Phil, Col. 1&2Tim, Titus, and Philemon, after Israel was set aside by God. Those books are your books.

Show me where is says specifically that we Gentiles are under the New Covenant. According to Jer 31:31 and Heb 8:8. the NC is for Israel. It will have one purpose, to put Israel's law in their inward parts, though the Holy Spirit, so Israel will keep and love keeping the law, which they will ALWAYS have to keep.

The only baptism in Colossians is spirit baptism. Water baptism is an ordinance and in Col 2:20, it says that ordinances no longer apply to us. Since the end of Acts, we Gentiles of the present day, totally non-Israel, Gentile church are under Pure Grace, or didn't you get that message? No ordinances, no law, no circumcision, no Old Testament, no hanging on to Israel's coattail. Zero association with Israel, period. If those so-called Jews in Israel want to get saved, they can bekrve 1Cor 15:1-4, just like we have to do. The last (Gentiles) shall be first and the first (Israel) shall be last. That's what happened.

Israel really screwed up when they stubbornly refused to accept Christ as their Messiah, during the Gospels and Acts, after about 37 years of showing them signs and wonders through the Gifts, bringing Gentiles into the Jewish church to provoke them to jealousy, and the 12, Paul, and a lot of other believers going to Israel first. Had they accepted Christ, they would be now sitting pretty in the New Jerusalem, attached to the New Earth or on the New Earth itself, surrounded by the New Heavens, and the New Heavens and New Earth would now be about 1000 years old. Stupid, proud, obstinate people.
No specific list of NT books are just for Israel, they are for the human race.

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Show me where it specifically says, in any of the other 59 books, that any GeEditntile (or any Jew, for that matter) has a hope of spending eternity in Heaven. The ONLY place you find this is in Paul's 7 epistles written after Acts and, if you look, you'll find it about a dozen times. It's not hid under a bushel.. You certainly won't find it in John or Romans or Corinthians or Matthew or any of the other 100% all-Israel books. Don't you realize that the very first blessings from God that Gentiles ever got, as a group, in the entire Bible, without becoming Jewish proselytes or being grafted into Israel, occur only in Eph, Phil, Col. 1&2Tim, Titus, and Philemon, after Israel was set aside by God. Those books are your books.

Show me where is says specifically that we Gentiles are under the New Covenant. According to Jer 31:31 and Heb 8:8. the NC is for Israel. It will have one purpose, to put Israel's law in their inward parts, though the Holy Spirit, so Israel will keep and love keeping the law, which they will ALWAYS have to keep.

The only baptism in Colossians is spirit baptism. Water baptism is an ordinance and in Col 2:20, it says that ordinances no longer apply to us. Since the end of Acts, we Gentiles of the present day, totally non-Israel, Gentile church are under Pure Grace, or didn't you get that message? No ordinances, no law, no circumcision, no Old Testament, no hanging on to Israel's coattail. Zero association with Israel, period. If those so-called Jews in Israel want to get saved, they can bekrve 1Cor 15:1-4, just like we have to do. The last (Gentiles) shall be first and the first (Israel) shall be last. That's what happened.

Israel really screwed up when they stubbornly refused to accept Christ as their Messiah, during the Gospels and Acts, after about 37 years of showing them signs and wonders through the Gifts, bringing Gentiles into the Jewish church to provoke them to jealousy, and the 12, Paul, and a lot of other believers going to Israel first. Had they accepted Christ, they would be now sitting pretty in the New Jerusalem, attached to the New Earth or on the New Earth itself, surrounded by the New Heavens, and the New Heavens and New Earth would now be about 1000 years old. Stupid, proud, obstinate people.
I specifically showed you with scripture Gen. 17:12, Lev. 12:3 – these texts show the circumcision of eight-day old babies as the way of entering into the Old Covenant. You are always going off about Israel, Israel, Israel, so when I give you Israel, Israel, Israel, you run around in circles.

I specifically showed you Col 2:11-12 – however, baptism is the new “circumcision” for all people of the New Covenant. That's what it specifically says, you just don't like it.

Colossians 2:11-12 11 In him you were also circumcised with a circumcision not performed by human hands. Your whole self ruled by the flesh was put off when you were circumcised by Christ, 12having been buried with him in baptism, in which you were also raised with him through your faith in the working of God, who raised him from the dead.

Somehow you managed to turn burial and resurrection in baptism into a mere ordinance. If baptism is a metaphor or symbol, or an ordinance, then so is Christ's death and resurrection. NOT!!

Nowhere in scripture is baptism an ordinance. Baptism is a sacrament, an outward sign of an inward grace. The sanctuary lamp is a perpetual ordinance, as commanded by God, meaning it is to be forever. Exodus 27:20-21.You guys tossed it in the garbage 500 years ago, and now you play games with baptism that went undisputed for 16 centuries.

Last edited:

Ac28

May 18, 2016
Arkansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If youre not in the Church of Isreal, you better examine yourself more closely friend

Peace!
Praise God I'm not in the Church of Israel. You aren't either, unless you belong to the Church of Israel, a rabid white supremacist group in Shell City, MO, 15 miles from my hometown. Israel hasn't existed in 1955 years, but they will be back in about 2063. Any association, AT ALL, that you think you now have with Israel is 100% fake. It's impossible to think otherwise, when you understand scripture. Abraham is not our Father. We are 100% totally unassociated with Abraham and his spawn. Only God is our father.

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Praise God I'm not in the Church of Israel. You aren't either, unless you belong to the Church of Israel, a rabid white supremacist group in Shell City, MO, 15 miles from my hometown. Israel hasn't existed in 1955 years, but they will be back in about 2063. Any association, AT ALL, that you think you now have with Israel is 100% fake. It's impossible to think otherwise, when you understand scripture. Abraham is not our Father. We are 100% totally unassociated with Abraham and his spawn. Only God is our father.

Jesus is not a bigamist... He has but one bride.
If you have not been grafted on to the cultivated olive, you are in trouble friend...

Ac28

May 18, 2016
Arkansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is not a bigamist... He has but one bride.
If you have not been grafted on to the cultivated olive, you are in trouble friend...

Of course, you are wrong again. Where do you get this stuff? It absolutely doesn't come from scripture.

He does only have one bride, the church in Acts, which no one since 63AD has belonged to. The Gentile church today, found only in Paul's 7 post-Acts books, the only people in the Bible whose citizenship is in Heaven, are the actual Body of Christ, where He is the Head - search and see. Therefore, since we are truly part of Him, we will be part of the bridegroom. Doesn't that make more sense, than to call the perfect man, Eph 4:13, or the new man, Eph 4:24, a Bride, a woman?

No one is grafted into Israel today. If that were true, we would be part of an all-Israel church, and it's obvious we're not. Israel was blinded and deafened in Acts 28:25-27 by Paul's pronouncement of Isa 6:9-10, for the 7th and last time in the Bible. Then, in vs 28, the Salvation of God was taken from Israel and given to us Gentiles. At that point, Israel was set aside and ceased to exist, in the eyes of God. Nothing today has anything to do with Israel. If you continue believing the things you've said to me, God will never give you the eyes of understanding to be able to SEE the Hope of God's present Calling -see Paul's Prayer in Eph 1:16-23. It's my belief, because of this prayer and other passages that, if you don't toss all that Jewish stuff away and focus on Eph and Col and pray to SEE the new, totally Gentile calling, you won't get heaven. You have to see it, believe it, and claim it, in order to get it. Sort of like salvation. This new church, which is the actual Body of Christ, where Christ is the Head. is God's crowning Glory in his abode of Heaven, itself. To see it, you have to remove your Israel spectacles and leave your Jewish baggage on the doorstep. You must obey God and rightly divide His word, 2Tim 2:15, in order to see it. That's why He says He'll approve of you if you'll rightly (correctly) divide His word.

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rightly Dividing the Word of Truth

'Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the world of truth."(2 Tim. 2.15)

· Have you ever wondered why today's Christians can eat pork even though in the Old Testament men were forbidden to do so?

· Or, do you know people (or, perhaps yourself) who shun Christianity because Christians can't seem to agree on anything?

· And what about all those contractions in the Bible?

These are all valid concerns, but when a person begins to "rightly divide" the word of truth, as admonished by Paul to Timothy, these seeming difficulties and disputations are resolved. To "rightly divide" means that God has dealt with mankind at different times with different expectations from him. Although it is profitable for us to read the entire Bible (2Tim.3:16), it is imperative that we understand which part of the Bible is intended primarily for us in this time of Grace. The following excerpt from the book "Things That Differ" by C.R. Stam explains:

"If I should step inside a modern United States Post Office all would doubtless seem very confusing to me. But it would be a mistake to suggest piling all the mail neatly into one corner and handing it out promiscuously to all comers as some would do with the Bible. The postal employees must rightly divide the mail so that each person receives what is addressed to him. What seems like confusion to the novice is really a simplification of the work to be done in getting each person's private mail
to him.

It is granted that in the Bible even that which was addressed to those of other dispensations is given to us for our learning and profit, but we must not confuse this with our own private mail or make the mistake of carrying out instructions meant particularly for others.

While I am reading mail addressed personally to me, a friend may hand me, for my interest or information, mail addressed to him. His mail and mine may all prove informative and profitable, but I must still be careful not to confuse the two, expecting to receive things promised to him or carrying out instructions addressed to him.

Thus, all the Bible is for us, but it is not all addressed to us or written about us, and if we would really understand and enjoy it; if we would really know how to use it effectively in service for Christ, we must be careful always to note who is addressing whom, about what and when and why" (p.20).

In every dispensation, righteousness before God has always been achieved by believing what God has said and acting upon it. For example, the law required every male child to be circumcised, but that is not God's requirement today.

The LAW says: And the uncircumcised man child whose flesh of his foreskin is not circumcised, that soul shall be cut off from his people; he hath broken my covenant. Gen. 17:14.

But GRACE says: And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power: In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands...Col. 2:10,11.

There were also many dietary laws, and one in particular many people remember is the prohibition not to eat pork. But under the dispensation of Grace, we are not under those prohibitions.

The LAW says: And the swine, because it divideth the hoof, yet cheweth not the cud, it is unclean unto you: Ye shall not eat of their flesh, nor touch their dead carcass. Deut. 14:8

But GRACE says: For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving: For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer. 1Tim: 4:4

And the Sabbath day. In our day of grace, one day is like unto another. All are to be lived to the glory of God.

The Law says: Remember the sabbath day to keep it holy. But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God...Ex. 20:8,10.

But GRACE says: Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days... Col.2:16,17

And because of the finished work of Jesus Christ at the Cross, we are no longer under any provision of the law for the forgiveness of sin.

The Law says: And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. (Matt. 6:12) For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses. Matt. 6:14,15.

But GRACE says: And ye be kind one to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ’s sake hath forgiven you. Eph. 4.32.

The ultimate example of the difference between law and grace is the sacrifice of Jesus Christ on the Cross. The law required annual blood sacrifices for the forgiveness of sins, which we now understand were but a foreshadow of the ultimate sacrifice Christ Jesus would make for the complete payment for all of our sins.

The Law says: The blood of bulls and goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifiethto the purifying of the flesh. Heb. 9:13

But GRACE says: Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us. Heb. 9:12

For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth. (Romans 10:4)

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. (Eph. 2:8,9)

Where the dispensation of the law was entrusted to Moses (John 1:17), the dispensation of the grace of God was entrusted to Paul. Why is understanding this so important? Because it is by this message of grace, dispensed by Paul, that God will judge us. Remember, righteousness comes by believing what God says (i.e., what God is saying to us in this age of Grace) and acting on it. That is what faith is: believing God; trusting Him and His Word. Paul says in Romans 2:16:

In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to MY Gospel.

Paul tells us that he was appointed by God to be the Apostle to the Gentiles, "For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the Apostle of the Gentiles,..." (Ro. 11:13) and that his message was revealed to him directly by Jesus Christ:

But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached to of me is not after man. For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by revelation of Jesus Christ. (Gal.1:11,12)

How then does Paul's gospel differ? Pastor Thomas Brusha, in his booklet "Dictionary of the Gospel" gives a clear explanation:

God promised in the Old Testament to set up a Kingdom here on earth through the nation Israel, in which Christ would reign as King! Christ was here; and the good news proclaimed was that the Kingdom was at hand. In Matthew 10:7 we find this to be the same gospel the Twelve Apostles were sent to preach. Also, in Matthew 10:5,6 we learn that this gospel was good news for the Nation of Israel. It is amazing, yet true, that after the Twelve Apostles had been preaching this gospel now, for some time, they still did not know about Christ's purpose to go to the Cross and die for their sins. We know this is true because when Christ began later to tell his Apostles that he was going to Jerusalem to die, they didn't believe him, nor did they understand what he was talking about. The reason being, they were preaching the good news about the Kingdom. They expected Christ to establish Israel's Kingdom and to take the throne as their King - see Matthew 16:21,22; Luke 18:31-34: and Luke 19:11.

How then, could the twelve Apostles have preached the same gospel the Apostle Paul later preached, when they did not know or understand anything about the Cross at that time? Paul preached :

"THE CROSS" and "CHRIST CRUCIFIED (1 Corinthians 1:18,23)

The point is this. The gospel that the Twelve Apostles preached during the earthly ministry of Christ is not the same gospel the Apostle Paul was sent to preach later. According to 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 the gospel Paul preached was the GOOD NEWS of the DEATH, BURIAL, and RESURRECTION of Christ FOR OUR SINS.

Paul tells us in Galatians 1:11,12 where his gospel originated. It was after the resurrection and ascension that the Lord Jesus Christ revealed to the Apostle Paul all that was accomplished on the Cross. In acts 20:24 Paul calls this message "THE GOSPEL OF THE GRACE OF GOD." In Galatians 2:1,2 we see that this gospel is intended for the Gentiles as well as the Jews; and in Galatians 2:6-10 we find that the Twelve Apostles learned of this gospel from Paul.

In this present age of "GRACE", God has set Israel as a nation aside, and the Kingdom promised to them has been postponed until a future time. Therefore the "GOSPEL OF THE KINGDOM" is NOT God's message of good news for today, but rather the good news of how the Cross saves Sinners of all nationalities. This is God's message for today! (pp6-8).

The following books are recommended:

"Dictionary of the Gospel" by Thomas Bruscha
"Things That Differ" by C. R. Stam
"The Dispensations" by Hazel I. Brown

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Of course, you are wrong again. It absolutely doesn't come from scripture.
Just because a reflection or observation that parallels scripture that does not have chapter and verse numbers attached to it, DOES NOT MEAN ITS WRONG!

He does only have one bride, the church in Acts, which no one since 63AD has belonged to.
Where do you get this stuff?
The Gentile church today, found only in Paul's 7 post-Acts books, the only people in the Bible whosWhere do you get this stuff? e citizenship is in Heaven, are the actual Body of Christ, where He is the Head - search and see.
Where do you get this stuff?
Therefore, since we are truly part of Him, we will be part of the bridegroom. Doesn't that make more sense, than to call the perfect man, Eph 4:13, or the new man, Eph 4:24, a Bride, a woman?
If 2 Timothy 3 proves the sole sufficiency of Scripture, then, by analogy, Ephesians 4 would likewise prove the sufficiency of pastors and teachers for the attainment of Christian perfection. In Ephesians 4, the Christian believer is equipped, built up, brought into unity and mature manhood, and even preserved from doctrinal confusion by means of the teaching function of the Church. This is a far stronger statement of the perfecting of the saints than 2 Timothy 3, yet it does not even mention Scripture.

So if all non-scriptural elements are excluded in 2 Timothy, then, by analogy, Scripture would logically have to be excluded in Ephesians. It is far more reasonable to recognize that the absence of one or more elements in one passage does not mean that they are nonexistent. The Church and Scripture are both equally necessary and important for teaching.
Library : A Quick Ten-Step Refutation of Sola Scriptura

No one is grafted into Israel today. If that were true, we would be part of an all-Israel church, and it's obvious we're not. Israel was blinded and deafened in Acts 28:25-27 by Paul's pronouncement of Isa 6:9-10, for the 7th and last time in the Bible. Then, in vs 28, the Salvation of God was taken from Israel and given to us Gentiles. At that point, Israel was set aside and ceased to exist, in the eyes of God. Nothing today has anything to do with Israel. If you continue believing the things you've said to me, God will never give you the eyes of understanding to be able to SEE the Hope of God's present Calling -see Paul's Prayer in Eph 1:16-23. It's my belief, because of this prayer and other passages that, if you don't toss all that Jewish stuff away and focus on Eph and Col and pray to SEE the new, totally Gentile calling, you won't get heaven. You have to see it, believe it, and claim it, in order to get it. Sort of like salvation. This new church, which is the actual Body of Christ, where Christ is the Head. is God's crowning Glory in his abode of Heaven, itself. To see it, you have to remove your Israel spectacles and leave your Jewish baggage on the doorstep. You must obey God and rightly divide His word, 2Tim 2:15, in order to see it. That's why He says He'll approve of you if you'll rightly (correctly) divide His word.
That's works salvation. 2 Tim. 2:15 is for bishops, or those in training. I don't want to repeat myself, you will ignore it again anyway. Your interpretation of this passage is just an excuse.
You keep blending your personifications, flipping between Israel the nation and Israel the Jewish people. You've divided the Church in Heaven from the Church on earth, and the Bride of Christ, ignoring the fact that we are one family. No one belonged to the Church since 63 AD? What are you smoking???
You are in no position to tell anyone they are wrong.

Last edited:

Ac28

May 18, 2016
Arkansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just because a reflection or observation that parallels scripture that does not have chapter and verse numbers attached to it, DOES NOT MEAN ITS WRONG!

Where do you get this stuff? Where do you get this stuff?
If 2 Timothy 3 proves the sole sufficiency of Scripture, then, by analogy, Ephesians 4 would likewise prove the sufficiency of pastors and teachers for the attainment of Christian perfection. In Ephesians 4, the Christian believer is equipped, built up, brought into unity and mature manhood, and even preserved from doctrinal confusion by means of the teaching function of the Church. This is a far stronger statement of the perfecting of the saints than 2 Timothy 3, yet it does not even mention Scripture.

So if all non-scriptural elements are excluded in 2 Timothy, then, by analogy, Scripture would logically have to be excluded in Ephesians. It is far more reasonable to recognize that the absence of one or more elements in one passage does not mean that they are nonexistent. The Church and Scripture are both equally necessary and important for teaching.
Library : A Quick Ten-Step Refutation of Sola Scriptura

That's works salvation. 2 Tim. 2:15 is for bishops, or those in training. I don't want to repeat myself, you will ignore it again anyway. Your interpretation of this passage is just an excuse.
You keep blending your personifications, flipping between Israel the nation and Israel the Jewish people. You've divided the Church in Heaven from the Church on earth, and the Bride of Christ, ignoring the fact that we are one family. No one belonged to the Church since 63 AD? What are you smoking???
You are in no position to tell anyone they are wrong.

Everything I said can be backed up by scripture. Nothing you have said is backed up by scripture. I'm not going to waste any more time with your ridiculous comments like this, "Just because a reflection or observation that parallels scripture that does not have chapter and verse numbers attached to it, DOES NOT MEAN ITS WRONG!" It's wrong because it's subjective. I could care less about what you think.

And what about that goofiness of 2Tim 2:15 being for bishops? Can't you read? Can't you see it's for everyone and, if you don't rightly divide, you're not approved unto God? The word "Bishop" doesn't even appear in 2Tim.

And then there's the absurdity of what I said being salvation by works. Are you saying that seeing in the Bible the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ, then believing it, then claiming your gift of salvation isn't Biblical? Where's the works?

Anyway, I'm finished with you.

Ac28

May 18, 2016
Arkansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Heaven is to be where Jesus is.
Is there a scripture for that?. So, when Christ is on Earth, earth is Heaven? When He was in the sepulcher, that was Heaven? The only Heavens are Heaven and the Heaven of Heavens (Deut 10:14, 1Ki 8:27, 2Ch 2:6, etc.). Saying that Heaven is where Christ is, is a good way to cover up your lack of knowledge of the subject.

Ac28

May 18, 2016
Arkansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does there need to be?
Sure. If you're going to make a strange statement like that, you should at least post some scripture to back it up. Of course, the reason you didn't post any scripture is that you know it's a false, non-Biblical statement and you just made made it up. Who are you trying to emulate, a Catholic?

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Lol.

I dont know about you , but to be at my Masters feet is heaven, wherever He may be.

Peace!

Ernest T. Bass

Jan 14, 2014
out in the woods
In the only books that give us our matching orders for today, Eph, Phil, Col, 1&2Tim, Titus, and Philemon, there is only one baptism, Eph 4:5, and it is Spirit baptism. Water baptism was an ordinance and, in this period of Pure grace, we are not under any ordinances
Col 2:20
Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances,

You gave no proof that the one baptism of Eph 4:5 is Spirit baptism. Christ's baptism of the great commission, (Matthew 28:19-20; Mark 16:15;16) has commissioned disciples/humans to administer water baptism and this baptism that makes disciples lasts till the end of time/end of the world.

In the context of Col 2:20 ordinances refers to the OT law of Moses or human traditions that men added to the law of Moses. We today are under Christ's NT law/ordinances as Paul said he was under law to Christ (1 Corinthians 9:21). Paul points out in Romans 13:1-7 the Christian is to live by the laws/ordinances of men

Ac28

May 18, 2016
Arkansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You gave no proof that the one baptism of Eph 4:5 is Spirit baptism. Christ's baptism of the great commission, (Matthew 28:19-20; Mark 16:15;16) has commissioned disciples/humans to administer water baptism and this baptism that makes disciples lasts till the end of time/end of the world.

In the context of Col 2:20 ordinances refers to the OT law of Moses or human traditions that men added to the law of Moses. We today are under Christ's NT law/ordinances as Paul said he was under law to Christ (1 Corinthians 9:21). Paul points out in Romans 13:1-7 the Christian is to live by the laws/ordinances of men
Do you obey God and rightly divide, Correctly Cut, His Word of truth, 2Tim 2:15? If you did, you would realize that everything you just said is nonsense and, as a bonus, according to that verse, you would be approved unto God. Your analysis of Col 2:20 is particularly laughable. Where do you come up with that stuff?

Who is your apostle?

Last edited:

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gal.2:
Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Ernest T. Bass

Jan 14, 2014
out in the woods
Do you obey God and rightly divide, Correctly Cut, His Word of truth, 2Tim 2:15? If you did, you would realize that everything you just said is nonsense and, as a bonus, according to that verse, you would be approved unto God. Your analysis of Col 2:20 is particularly laughable. Where do you come up with that stuff?

Who is your apostle?
What I posted I backed with scripture. You failed to give any proof at all the one baptism of Eph 4:5 is Spirit baptism.

The context of Col 2 Paul is warning them about following false Judiazing teachers away from the gospel of Christ back to the law of Moses.

Paul reminds them they were in Christ having been buried in baptism where then God did the work of removing the body of sin. Colossians 2:11-13

Paul then points out how that Christ took away the law of Moses when He died upon the cross Colossians 2:14-15

Therefore they were not to allow men to judge them according to the law of Moses Colossians 2:16-19

When it comes to the false teachings and man made traditions, Paul told them to "(Touch not; taste not; handle not;..."

As for your wild assertion " we are not under any ordinances".
Can a Christian go out and violate all the laws and ordinance of the land? No. Romans 13:1-7 "Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God. Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation. For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same: For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil. Wherefore ye must needs be subject, not only for wrath, but also for conscience sake. For for this cause pay ye tribute also: for they are God's ministers, attending continually upon this very thing. Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honour to whom honour."
Resisting man's ordinances is resisting the ordinance of God. Therefore the Christian is subject both to the ordinances of man and God's ordinances else receive damnation unto himself.

Again, Paul said of himself he was under law to Christ. 1 Corinthians 9:21
To the claim men are saved by 'grace alone' therefore are not under any commands/laws of God or do not have to keep any law/ordinance/command of God Paul says "God forbid", Romans 6.

Ernest T. Bass

Jan 14, 2014
out in the woods
Gal.2:
Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Yes, some in Galatia had left the NT gospel and was lead to keep the law of Moses by false Judazing teachers and therefore had fallen from grace.

To be justified by the law of Moses required perfect, flawless keeping of ALL the law for just one sin brought the curse of the law upon a person (Galatians 3:10). And because men do sin then men cannot be justified by the law of Moses for Paul says "But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith." So the law cannot justify for it requires perfection so the just shall live by faith. A faithful obedience to the will of God does bring about justification from God.