• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ernest T. Bass

Jan 14, 2014
out in the woods
Baptismal regeneration was defined a long time ago -- back in the 2nd century. But if you want the actual doctrine, kindly go to the Catechism of the Catholic Church (CCC).
VII. The Grace of Baptism
1262 The different effects of Baptism are signified by the perceptible elements of the sacramental rite. Immersion in water symbolizes not only death and purification, but also regeneration and renewal. Thus the two principal effects are purification from sins and new birth in the Holy Spirit.64...

"A new creature"
1265 Baptism not only purifies from all sins, but also makes the neophyte "a new creature," an adopted son of God, who has become a "partaker of the divine nature,"68 member of Christ and coheir with him,69 and a temple of the Holy Spirit.70

Note: This understanding of baptism gives to water the supernatural power of the Holy Spirit. But supernatural regeneration is by the power of the Spirit. The sinner is (a) born from above, (b) born again, (c) born of God, and (d) born of the Spirit.
Hi,

I'm not Catholic therefore do not follow Catholic teachings. Water is water and cannot remove sins no more than it could remove Naaman's disease. It God who removes the body of sin, "the working of God" (Colossians 2:11-12) not water.

Ernest T. Bass

Jan 14, 2014
out in the woods
water baptism is not required to be saved.

water baptism is something that is a symbolic gesture regarding your faith in Christ, exactly as eating the bread and taking the wine is symbolic of the body and blood of the Savior.

Many deceived people believe that water has magic power, and a cookie and a cup of juice turns into the body and blood of Jesus upon priestly command.

There are 2 main groups that teach that water has the magic power of salvation in it...., and this would be the "cult of Mary" (Catholic Church) and the Jehovah's Witness group.

Hi,

Without water baptism, one has not received the gospel of Christ (Acts of the Apostles 2:41), has not obeyed the gospel of Christ (2 Thessalonians 1:8), has not called on the name of the Lord (Acts of the Apostles 22:16) has not had sins remitted (Acts of the Apostles 2:38) is not in Christ (Galatians 3:27) is not in Christ's possession (1 Corinthians 1:12-13). is not saved (Mark 16:16; 1 Peter 3:21).

I do not find where the Bible defines water baptism as "something that is a symbolic gesture regarding your faith in Christ".

I agree that water has no magical power in it. It is the act of obedience in submitting to God's command to be water baptized that God is the one doing the work in removing the body of sin...a "circumcision made without hands" in removing the body of sin (Colossians 2:11-12).

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Hi,

I'm not Catholic therefore do not follow Catholic teachings. Water is water and cannot remove sins no more than it could remove Naaman's disease. It God who removes the body of sin, "the working of God" (Colossians 2:11-12) not water.

"the working of God".........is a beautiful thing.
Its a beautiful thing, a precious thing, a righteous thing to give all Credit due Jesus The Christ for the the blood He shed, and the death He offers all of us so that we can, by this BLOOD atonement, become God's eternal Spiritual Family.

"What can wash away my sin....>Nothing but the Blood of Jesus..
What can make me whole again...> Nothing but the Blood of Jesus
Oh, Precious is the flow that makes me white as snow,
No other fount i know......nothing but the BLOOD of Jesus"..

Its the BLOOD, not the Water.
Its the BLOOD, not the law.
Its the BLOOD, not the commandments
Its the BLOOD< not our effort....

Thank you God for shedding your blood on the Cross, as Jesus our Savior.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Hi,

Without water baptism, one has not received the gospel of Christ .

Water has no part in receiving the Gospel.

The Gospel is given by word. And "" Faith comes by hearing"" this word, the Gospel.

Keep your dirty water out of the precious Gospel of Christ, as it has no place in the Preaching of the Cross.

Stop trying to replace the Blood of Jesus with water on a public Christian Forum.
Keep that satanic cult theology in your church and away from real born again Christians.

Here is your "water gospel".... Galatians 1:8

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I'm not Catholic therefore do not follow Catholic teachings.
No one asked you to follow Catholic teachings. You wanted the definition of baptismal regeneration and you got it. Now you cannot say it has not been defined.

Ernest T. Bass

Jan 14, 2014
out in the woods
Water has no part in receiving the Gospel.

The Gospel is given by word. And "" Faith comes by hearing"" this word, the Gospel.

Keep your dirty water out of the precious Gospel of Christ, as it has no place in the Preaching of the Cross.

Stop trying to replace the Blood of Jesus with water on a public Christian Forum.
Keep that satanic cult theology in your church and away from real born again Christians.

Here is your "water gospel".... Galatians 1:8
Faith includes baptism;

Eph 2:8---------faith >>>>>>>>>> saves
1 Pet 3:21-----baptism >>>>>>>> saves

Since there is just one way to be saved, no alternatives, then faith must include baptism.

Again, without water baptism, one has not received the gospel of Christ (Acts of the Apostles 2:41), has not obeyed the gospel of Christ (2 Thessalonians 1:8), has not called on the name of the Lord (Acts of the Apostles 22:16) has not had sins remitted (Acts of the Apostles 2:38) is not in Christ (Galatians 3:27) is not in Christ's possession (1 Corinthians 1:12-13). is not saved (Mark 16:16; 1 Peter 3:21).

You put words in my mouth for I never said water replaces the blood of Christ, water does nothing in baptism.
-Christ blood washes away sin, Revelation 1:5
-Christ shed his blood in His death, John 19:24
-We therefore must have access into the death of Christ where He shed His blood and water baptism is the only access into the death of Christ (Romans 6:3-5) where His shed blood washes away sins.

Ernest T. Bass

Jan 14, 2014
out in the woods
"the working of God".........is a beautiful thing.
Its a beautiful thing, a precious thing, a righteous thing to give all Credit due Jesus The Christ for the the blood He shed, and the death He offers all of us so that we can, by this BLOOD atonement, become God's eternal Spiritual Family.

"What can wash away my sin....>Nothing but the Blood of Jesus..
What can make me whole again...> Nothing but the Blood of Jesus
Oh, Precious is the flow that makes me white as snow,
No other fount i know......nothing but the BLOOD of Jesus"..

Its the BLOOD, not the Water.
Its the BLOOD, not the law.
Its the BLOOD, not the commandments
Its the BLOOD< not our effort....

Thank you God for shedding your blood on the Cross, as Jesus our Savior.
Yet this work of God in cutting away the body of sin, a circumcision made without hands, only takes place when one is buried in water baptism.

-Christ blood washes away sin, Revelation 1:5
-Christ shed his blood in His death, John 19:24
-We therefore must have access into the death of Christ where He shed His blood and water baptism is the only access into the death of Christ (Romans 6:3-5) where His shed blood washes away sins.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Yet this work of God in cutting away the body of sin, a circumcision made without hands, only takes place when one is buried in water baptism.

Never.
Never does God wait for water.
See you are limiting God to water....>"God can only save you and forgive your sins, if you are in the water'.
And what is worse is that you are giving water credit for the Blood of Christ.
Bad idea.
"heresy".

Listen, the Holy Spirit of God, does not need water to perform a birth of the spirit, inside a human body.
So.....Think before you write more of the Catholic doctrine absurdity.
Dont just follow along blindly .."cult of mary" religious propaganda.
Think for yourself.

Ernest T. Bass

Jan 14, 2014
out in the woods
Never.
Never does God wait for water.
See you are limiting God to water....>"God can only save you and forgive your sins, if you are in the water'.
And what is worse is that you are giving water credit for the Blood of Christ.
Bad idea.
"heresy".

Listen, the Holy Spirit of God, does not need water to perform a birth of the spirit, inside a human body.
So.....Think before you write more of the Catholic doctrine absurdity.
Dont just follow along blindly .."cult of mary" religious propaganda.
Think for yourself.

God for His own reasons has chosen water baptism as the point where sins are taken away, remitted by the blood of Christ. Why do you continue to put words in my mouth I have never said???? It's the blood of Christ that remits sins in baptism, not the water. Again God has chosen water baptism as the point where the blood of Christ takes away sin. Man cannot save himself by other means (as faith only) that God has not chosen for man to be saved.

Again, without water baptism, one has not received the gospel of Christ (Acts of the Apostles 2:41), has not obeyed the gospel of Christ (2 Thessalonians 1:8), has not called on the name of the Lord (Acts of the Apostles 22:16) has not had sins remitted (Acts of the Apostles 2:38) is not in Christ (Galatians 3:27) is not in Christ's possession (1 Corinthians 1:12-13). is not saved (Mark 16:16; 1 Peter 3:21).

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sins are not remitted in the water, except in the theology of a a few "water cults".

Water only gets you wet.
The gospel is the same from adam until today

God did not make a requirment for the NT church he did not make for other people

It has always been by grace through faith not works.

If baptism was required. It would have always been required. Washing people in water as a ceremony is not new,

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
The gospel is the same from adam until today

There is no Jesus on the Cross, in the Garden of eden.
There is no Jesus on the Cross, when Moses was alive.

God's offer of Salvation, in the "time of the gentiles".....(are you a gentile), ... as we are in "the time of the gentiles"......so, this offer of Salvation, is based on God as Christ on the Cross.

See that?
That was not offered to Adam, Moses, David, or any of the Kings, Judges, Prophets...

See it?

The only thing that remains the same, is "FAITH is counted as Righteousness".
As Abraham BELIEVED God, and it was counted to him as righteousness.
Today, since the moment that God as Christ was lifted up on. the Cross, we have "the Gospel of the Grace of God" that is what Paul refers to 3x as "my Gospel", as he gave it to us..

This of course was not offered before Jesus died on the Cross.

I think you can figure this out., if you try, Eternally Grateful.
Try.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no Jesus on the Cross, in the Garden of eden.
There is no Jesus on the Cross, when Moses was alive.

God's offer of Salvation, in the "time of the gentiles".....(are you a gentile), ... as we are in "the time of the gentiles"......so, this offer of Salvation, is based on God as Christ on the Cross.

See that?
That was not offered to Adam, Moses, David, or any of the Kings, Judges, Prophets...

See it?

The only thing that remains the same, is "FAITH is counted as Righteousness".
As Abraham BELIEVED God, and it was counted to him as righteousness.
Today, since the moment that God as Christ was lifted up on. the Cross, we have "the Gospel of the Grace of God" that is what Paul refers to 3x as "my Gospel", as he gave it to us..

This of course was not offered before Jesus died on the Cross.

I think you can figure this out., if you try, Eternally Grateful.
Try.
Faith no matter what

In the OT, They had faith God would provide a way, it looked forward.

We look back. Because we know what Gods plan was and it was fulfilled

Its still the same

By grace through faith

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
37. Protestantism tends to oppose matter and spirit, favoring the latter, and is somewhat Gnostic or Docetic in this regard.

38. Catholicism upholds the "incarnational principle," wherein Jesus became flesh and thus raised flesh and matter to new spiritual heights.

39. Protestantism greatly limits or disbelieves in sacramentalism, which is simply the extension of the incarnational principle and the belief that matter can convey grace. Some sects (e.g., Baptists, many Pentecostals) reject all sacraments.

Read more: https://www.catholicfidelity.com/apologetics-topics/misc/a150-reasons-why-i-am-catholic-by-dave-armstrong/

Last edited:

Ernest T. Bass

Jan 14, 2014
out in the woods
Sins are not remitted in the water, except in the theology of a a few "water cults".

Water only gets you wet.
The Bible clearly teaches that it is when one is buried in baptism that is the point when God has chosen to cut away the body of sin (Colossians 2:11-12). There is not a single verse that says sin are remitted when a "sinner's prayer" is uttered or that sins are remitted at a point of having faith only. Those are man made ideas whereby man tries to save himself by doing his own righteousness rather than doing what God says.

Earlier you posted:
"Never does God wait for water.
See you are limiting God to water...
"

Above you posted "Water only gets you wet."

God did not need water to heal Naaman of his disease. Yet God for His own reasons chose to limit Naaman to water (the Jordan river specifically) and required Naaman to dip in that water, i.e., God required Naaman to "get wet" before God would cleanse his disease. Likewise Christ did not need a pool of water to heal the blind man nor did He need clay, yet He used clay and water requiring the blind man to "get wet" in order to receive his sight. So I'm not limiting God to water for it was God Himself Who has chosen water.

Reactions: Illuminator

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
There are no Catholics in Heaven.
Only believers, in Yeshua.

So, as i was showing you....You are caught in a deception. You have been led to believe by the "cult of Mary" that Water is the source of the born again experience.
That WATER, has the power of regeneration... and this is the Satanic Lie that you have been led to believe.
And as you sit there, if you just use your common sense, you would be able to see that this is CRAZY.
You would be able to realize that the dying Thief on the Cross, was not water baptized.
If you just use a little logic, without the haze of cultic teaching blinding you, you would realize that its the BLOOD of Jesus and not the water that forgives sins.
There are no Catholics in Heaven.
Only believers, in Yeshua.

So, as i was showing you....You are caught in a deception. You have been led to believe by the "cult of Mary" that Water is the source of the born again experience.
I challenge you to use the term "cult of Mary" in the context of official Church teaching. That way you can avoid using the term in the derogatory sense.
That WATER, has the power of regeneration... and this is the Satanic Lie that you have been led to believe.
There is not one verse in Scripture that separates water from spirit regarding baptism. Water by itself is just water. Docetism teaches that all matter, including water, is evil and cannot convey grace.
It is not water that cleanses sins. It is through the grace of God which is received through the Sacrament of Baptism that cleanses our sins.
It is in this way that the water baptism is symbolic of the spiritual baptism that is taking place at the same time through the receiving of sanctifying grace.
And as you sit there, if you just use your common sense, you would be able to see that this is CRAZY.
You would be able to realize that the dying Thief on the Cross, was not water baptized.
No, he wasn't. He had the baptism of desire. Some were martyred before they were baptized. They had the baptism of blood. Still, it's one baptism.
If you just use a little logic, without the haze of cultic teaching blinding you, you would realize that its the BLOOD of Jesus and not the water that forgives sins.
I have to repeat myself because you still don't get it. It is not water that cleanses sins.
Water, is not the savior.
Water did not die on the Cross.
Water, is just water. It has no spiritual power.

And when your priest, talks to you about this, and says to you...>"look over here......it says....>"Noah and His family were saved by WATER"..
See that one?
That is a favorite of the "cult of Mary"......The Priest's love to try to blind you with that verse... so, when they do try it.....you tell them..

"Listen, had Noah and his Family gotten out of the ARK, and into the WATER, they would have DROWNED, DIED".

See that?
Your priest does not. Your Pope will never... Such is the power of Satan to blind the mind.
But dont let that keep you from waking up out of the spiritual blindness.
Straw man fallacy. I've never heard of a priest saying Noah and his Family were saved by water. The Flood prefigures baptism, same with the Red Sea incident.
You discredit yourself with stupid insults which is automatic with you.
Water, is not the savior.
Water did not die on the Cross.
Water, is just water. It has no spiritual power.
It is not water that cleanses sins.
And when your priest, talks to you about this, and says to you...>"look over here......it says....>"Noah and His family were saved by WATER"..
See that one?
That is a favorite of the "cult of Mary"......The Priest's love to try to blind you with that verse... so, when they do try it.....you tell them..

"Listen, had Noah and his Family gotten out of the ARK, and into the WATER, they would have DROWNED, DIED".

See that?
Your priest does not. Your Pope will never... Such is the power of Satan to blind the mind.
But dont let that keep you from waking up out of the spiritual blindness.
I've never heard of a priest saying Noah and his Family were saved by water. The Flood prefigures baptism, same with the Red Sea incident.
You discredit yourself with stupid insults which is automatic with you.

there-is-no-catholic-god.jpg

Last edited:

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What about when Paul mentions "having been buried with him in baptism" in Colossians 2 and "We were buried therefore with him by baptism into death" in Romans 6? Is it possible he doesn't mean "baptism was the instrument" but "it was a figure reflective of what was spiritually going on"?

Don't forget the baptism with the Holy Spirit at our salvation moment when we were born again of the Spirit by coming to & believing in Jesus Christ.