Baptized with the spirit

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I doubt it. But that is a very convenient position for you to take since I don't believe the same way you do about baptism with the Holy Spirit.
It's the black hair you envisioned:

Revelation 1:14
His head and hair were white like wool, as white as snow, and His eyes like a flame of fire;

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's the black hair you envisioned:

Revelation 1:14
His head and hair were white like wool, as white as snow, and His eyes like a flame of fire;
Oh I see, well it was a vision. And visions kinda go that way. But anyways. I wasn't really looking for advice on the issue. I was hoping for people that have had the experience to share what they think baptism with the Holy Spirit is to them. I know there are various ideas about it that differ.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for sharing this! It really spoke to me. I was Baptized in the Spirit 3 years ago, and have been impatient with myself when it comes to a few areas in my life, where the progress is slow in crucifying my outer man. I was given a spiritual dream about it last week, but hadn't thought about it for a few days until this morning. Then I read your post, seeing God speak to me more about it. :) I guess if God knows our hearts desire for Him, He remains faithful in completing the work in us.

He gives us what we are ready to bear at any given moment. Like…basic arithmetic must be learned before higher forms of math. One builds upon the other. So it’s…line upon line, precept upon precept. And you don’t just hear about basic math, you practice it until you’re adept at it. Or it’s like…learning letters, then you are ready to bear learning words, which leads to learning sentences.
So try not to be impatient, He is working even when you can’t see that He is.

Reactions: Azim