Baptizing... babies?...!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You said:
"we have no need of any man to teach us anything. as He will teach us all things"

And then referenced 1Jn 2:27 to back that up.

I showed how 1Jn 2:17 doesn't back that up at all.

If you find fault with my analysis then please show me where the error is.
The error is it is not just for the apostles. He told them you go tell THEM ALL Things I told you. ALL things. ALL means ALL. Its in black and white. and simple.

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The error is it is not just for the apostles. He told them you go tell THEM ALL Things I told you. ALL things. ALL means ALL. Its in black and white. and simple.

Two things.
1. My response didn't mention the apostles
2. Where did He say that?

Come on give a proper response complete with scripture references. Or don't you have any?

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Who said Holy Spirit does that? satan is the liar. hes the one that bring confusion. This is not difficult. Your problem is you love the tradictional catholic church and the pope to much. Not interested in your books or dave or the pope who or all the men you call Father. which you were told not to. You have need of NO MAN. I dont care if you dont believe that . I am good with that. You told me what you think I think your wrong . Why do you feel the need to force me. I dont need to force you. You dont agree fine.

Are you claiming to be the ONLY person the Holy Spirit speaks to and Satan speaks to everyone else?

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Are you claiming to be the ONLY person the Holy Spirit speaks to and Satan speaks to everyone else?
No you said that not me. Why you trying to muddy the waters?

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Two things.
1. My response didn't mention the apostles
2. Where did He say that?

Come on give a proper response complete with scripture references. Or don't you have any?
U dont need any more than the one we have. You have need of no man to teach you. FULL STOP

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
No you said that not me. Why you trying to muddy the waters?

I'm not.

There are thousands of protestant denominations or one pastor churches teaching contradictory doctrines. All believe that the Holy Spirit is teaching them the truth.
So either:
1. The Holy Spirit teaches different doctrines to different people
or
2. The Holy Spirit teaches true doctrines to one of them and all the others are taught by Satan (according to you. In which case how do we know which one is true?

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I aint getting into the catholic belief systen I already said it here its demonic and the leaders are satan whorshippers. so I think we are done.

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I aint getting into the catholic belief systen I already said it here its demonic and the leaders are satan whorshippers. so I think we are done.

Run out of evasions have you?

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Run out of evasions have you?

No Its exactly the same as this thread.

We must be led of the Holy Spirit in all things. If we persist in trying to convince others of anything beyond the shake off the dust of your feet time, then we are on our own.

It's not my job to convince anyone of anything. It's my job to be obedient to whatever He gives me to do.

Zeal without the wisdom of God is folly.

1 Corinthians 14:38 KJVS
But if any man be ignorant, let him be ignorant.
Only run out of desire to tell you anything as you only believe what the pope tells ya. So my zeal for you is done .
The gift of tongues

Gonna stick ya on the ignore list it will be less painfull for me.

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Who said Holy Spirit does that? satan is the liar. hes the one that bring confusion. This is not difficult.
You can't deny there are thousands of different churches teaching conflicting doctrines. You are the one blaming satan for your own separation from the true historic Church.
Your problem is you love the tradictional catholic church and the pope to much.
Our Sacred Traditions come from the Apostles. I could easily say you love the Queen of England too much. Yes, we love the Pope for the office he holds, and the peace he promotes. But love him too much? That's a stupid thing to say.
Not interested in your books or dave or the pope who or all the men you call Father. which you were told not to.
You say you don't read anything else but it looks to me you read anti-Catholic garbage. "call no man father" taken hyper-literally means you can't read scripture.

Being taught directly by Jesus is not biblical. That's why we have bizarre cults (JW's, SDA's etc. whose founders all claiming to be taught directly bu God. Divine revelation, written or oral, goes from God to Jesus who gives His authority to the Apostles and this authority to teach is handed down to bishops. That's what it means to "let no man teach you" because apostolic teaching already exists.

15. Protestant individualism led to the privatization of Christianity, whereby it is little respected in societal and political life, leaving the “public square” largely barren of Christian influence.

21. Many Protestants take a dim view towards Christian historyin general, especially the years from 313 (Constantine’s conversion) to 1517 (Luther’s arrival). This ignorance and hostility to Catholic Tradition leads to theological relativism, anti-Catholicism, and a constant, unnecessary process of “reinventing the wheel.”

24. Most Protestants do not have bishops, a Christian office which is biblical (1 Tim 3:1-2) and which has existed from the earliest Christian history and Tradition.

30. The lack of a definitive teaching authority in Protestant (as with the Catholic magisterium) makes many individual Protestants think that they have a direct line to God, notwithstanding all of Christian Tradition and the history of biblical exegesis (a “Bible, Holy Spirit and me” mentality). Such people are generally under-educated theologically, unteachable, lack humility, and have no business making presumed “infallible” statements about the nature of Christianity.
150 Reasons Why I Became (and Remain) a Catholic
have need of NO MAN. I dont care if you dont believe that . I am good with that. You told me what you think I think your wrong . Why do you feel the need to force me. I dont need to force you. You dont agree fine.
Nobody is forcing you Sword, it's a forum so that is impossible. If you have questions, fine. But it is a mistake to assert false charges against Catholicism on the premises of individualism or even Bible alone theology (which is not in the Bible).
Note how Tradition is defined:

divinerev.jpg

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You can't deny there are thousands of different churches teaching conflicting doctrines. You are the one blaming satan for your own separation from the true historic Church.

I am the one who said one church one God one Word. I dont deny the many false teachings. No I never said that satan is the only one to blame. But hes the start. And I am not seperate and wont be held accountable for all the seperations. I am a Christian not a catholic or a protestant. I am a believer.
Our Sacred Traditions come from the Apostles. I could easily say you love the Queen of England too much. Yes, we love the Pope for the office he holds, and the peace he promotes. But love him too much? That's a stupid thing to say.
And so did my teaching , but it ultimatly came from God not man. Dont put to much in man, he will let you down. You could say about the Queen and be wrong. Shes a pedophile as well as the catholic church at the highest levels. So youd be wrong to say that I love her.
No many many catholic love the pope like he was God the run to him ,but dont run to God. Who you trying to kid wakey wakey.
You say you don't read anything else but it looks to me you read anti-Catholic garbage. "call no man father" taken hyper-literally means you can't read scripture.

never read an anti caholic book in my life. But I was brought up amoung catholics 50-50. I was brought up when irish catholics where bombing innocents. My Father was an Orange man. BUt Me I had nothing to do with that garbage. At nine years old my antie married a catholic, first in our family. When they Got married I gave my aunt a gift . I was nine. It was a miniture rosery beads that I fould and I tied a cross earing on the other side. years later she told me what I did . I never rembered it. She do you mind what you siad. I says no. I said this is to show that God loves catholic just as much as he loves protestants. At nine years old where did I get that. It wasnt from the catholic Church and I never went to a protestant church. I became a Christian at 33 years old. All my frinds where catholic. so dont be telling me what you think I read. Because that is a real genuine stupid thing to say. The bible says call no man Father I agree with a literal bible. God said it . Its a fact. works for me.

Being taught directly by Jesus is not biblical. That's why we have bizarre cults (JW's, SDA's etc. whose founders all claiming to be taught directly bu God. Divine revelation, written or oral, goes from God to Jesus who gives His authority to the Apostles and this authority to teach is handed down to bishops. That's what it means to "let no man teach you" because apostolic teaching already exists.

I just reliesed you dont have a personal relationship with Jesus. You will know them by there fruits. You dont know Him personaly. You never heard from Him directly. Aw man there is so much more availble when you go to the secret place and wait there with Him. You dont do that that either. Now tell me I am wrong. You dont know Him one to one. where He talking to you and teaches you. ANd what about the woman teachers in the bible , Opps. stop it. The apostles can do nothing that we cant do. Boom when you are doing what they done you will know that.

15. Protestant individualism led to the privatization of Christianity, whereby it is little respected in societal and political life, leaving the “public square” largely barren of Christian influence.

21. Many Protestants take a dim view towards Christian historyin general, especially the years from 313 (Constantine’s conversion) to 1517 (Luther’s arrival). This ignorance and hostility to Catholic Tradition leads to theological relativism, anti-Catholicism, and a constant, unnecessary process of “reinventing the wheel.”

24. Most Protestants do not have bishops, a Christian office which is biblical (1 Tim 3:1-2) and which has existed from the earliest Christian history and Tradition.

30. The lack of a definitive teaching authority in Protestant (as with the Catholic magisterium) makes many individual Protestants think that they have a direct line to God, notwithstanding all of Christian Tradition and the history of biblical exegesis (a “Bible, Holy Spirit and me” mentality). Such people are generally under-educated theologically, unteachable, lack humility, and have no business making presumed “infallible” statements about the nature of Christianity.
150 Reasons Why I Became (and Remain) a Catholic

And once again you are running to men for answers. Thats ok and it explians where you are and why you dont know Him personaly. If you spent as much time with Him in the secret place as you do looking up all these books that you quote endlessly in all your posts you would be much better off. I said to God one day I spent thousands of hours listning to Dan Mohler,Curry Blake, David Hogan,Andrew Wommack. And God clearly said you never spent thousands with me. Oooppps. So books or vids. Go direct stop with the men. And as I read what you quoted I realize your the guy who is read the anti protestant books. But You accused me falsley of the same.

Nobody is forcing you Sword, it's a forum so that is impossible. If you have questions, fine. But it is a mistake to assert false charges against Catholicism on the premises of individualism or even Bible alone theology (which is not in the Bible).
Note how Tradition is defined:

Correct its impossible to force me. But you keep coming back as does he. I really dont need or want what you are offering and as soon as you say you dont want what I have I will stop. Unlike you. We are done. I cant go back wards to meet you where you are unless you want to come forward. And that wont happen until you see what the catholic church that you worship actully is the thing that is holding you back. all the misteaching and tradictions of men.

Reactions: Helen

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I am the one who said one church one God one Word. I dont deny the many false teachings. No I never said that satan is the only one to blame. But hes the start. And I am not seperate and wont be held accountable for all the seperations. I am a Christian not a catholic or a protestant. I am a believer.
And so did my teaching , but it ultimatly came from God not man. Dont put to much in man, he will let you down. You could say about the Queen and be wrong. Shes a pedophile as well as the catholic church at the highest levels. So youd be wrong to say that I love her.
No many many catholic love the pope like he was God the run to him ,but dont run to God. Who you trying to kid wakey wakey.
never read an anti caholic book in my life. But I was brought up amoung catholics 50-50. I was brought up when irish catholics where bombing innocents. My Father was an Orange man. BUt Me I had nothing to do with that garbage. At nine years old my antie married a catholic, first in our family. When they Got married I gave my aunt a gift . I was nine. It was a miniture rosery beads that I fould and I tied a cross earing on the other side. years later she told me what I did . I never rembered it. She do you mind what you siad. I says no. I said this is to show that God loves catholic just as much as he loves protestants. At nine years old where did I get that. It wasnt from the catholic Church and I never went to a protestant church. I became a Christian at 33 years old. All my frinds where catholic. so dont be telling me what you think I read. Because that is a real genuine stupid thing to say. The bible says call no man Father I agree with a literal bible. God said it . Its a fact. works for me.
I just reliesed you dont have a personal relationship with Jesus. You will know them by there fruits. You dont know Him personaly. You never heard from Him directly. Aw man there is so much more availble when you go to the secret place and wait there with Him. You dont do that that either. Now tell me I am wrong. You dont know Him one to one. where He talking to you and teaches you. ANd what about the woman teachers in the bible , Opps. stop it. The apostles can do nothing that we cant do. Boom when you are doing what they done you will know that.
And once again you are running to men for answers. Thats ok and it explians where you are and why you dont know Him personaly. If you spent as much time with Him in the secret place as you do looking up all these books that you quote endlessly in all your posts you would be much better off. I said to God one day I spent thousands of hours listning to Dan Mohler,Curry Blake, David Hogan,Andrew Wommack. And God clearly said you never spent thousands with me. Oooppps. So books or vids. Go direct stop with the men. And as I read what you quoted I realize your the guy who is read the anti protestant books. But You accused me falsley of the same.
Correct its impossible to force me. But you keep coming back as does he. I really dont need or want what you are offering and as soon as you say you dont want what I have I will stop. Unlike you. We are done. I cant go back wards to meet you where you are unless you want to come forward. And that wont happen until you see what the catholic church that you worship actully is the thing that is holding you back. all the misteaching and tradictions of men.
First you assert 5 falsehoods against my beliefs, then you judge my personal relationship with Jesus.
I am not anxious to continue any discussion with a self appointed pope who is too proud to be taught anything.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
First you assert 5 falsehoods against my beliefs, then you judge my personal relationship with Jesus.
I am not anxious to continue any discussion with a self appointed pope who is too proud to be taught anything.

Blatantly obvious you dont know Him in a personal way . Or you would know that in fact jesus does teach you personally. So mot tp proud either or He wouldnt teach me. I aint no pope nor do I have any interest in listning or being taught by one. Or one of his followers. If I dont followms mens books why would I follow there words. You have need of NO MAN God said. I believe Him.

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Blatantly obvious you dont know Him in a personal way . Or you would know that in fact jesus does teach you personally. So mot tp proud either or He wouldnt teach me. I aint no pope nor do I have any interest in listning or being taught by one. Or one of his followers. If I dont followms mens books why would I follow there words. You have need of NO MAN God said. I believe Him.
It must get lonely.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I never said I want to thow out history you said that . I said I dont care to much about history. Please quote me if you are ever going to refer to what I said or never said thank you.
Dear Sword,

I agree with you. You never said you wanted to throw out history. Here is what you did say:

I dont really care to much about what history says....
...but history (is) pointless really dont ya think so?....
(history) Holds no value or authority.....

SUMMARY: History is pointless and has no value or authority therefore you, Sword, don't care much about what it has to say.

The bible is historical writings. It tells us the HISTORY of the Jewish faith and our Christian faith. It is ALSO the word of God. You act like it can only be one when the FACT is it is both.

Mary

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Dear Sword,

I agree with you. You never said you wanted to throw out history. Here is what you did say:

I dont really care to much about what history says....
...but history (is) pointless really dont ya think so?....
(history) Holds no value or authority.....

SUMMARY: History is pointless and has no value or authority therefore you, Sword, don't care much about what it has to say.

The bible is historical writings. It tells us the HISTORY of the Jewish faith and our Christian faith. It is ALSO the word of God. You act like it can only be one when the FACT is it is both.

Mary
Your talking like it was something I am iterested in after me telling ya.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your talking like it was something I am iterested in after me telling ya.
I THINK you are saying you are interested in scripture but not interested in history. I am saying you can't have one without the other.

It is possible I don't understand what you are saying so I guess we will part ways.

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I THINK you are saying you are interested in scripture but not interested in history. I am saying you can't have one without the other.

It is possible I don't understand what you are saying so I guess we will part ways.
You said you have no time for people who dont agree with you. I dont agree with you.
I love Gods word and dont care about other history books why are you persuing this childish thing you are doing? We all know if its yesterday its history. If you dont know the difference in Gods word and all the other books, I cant play this childish game anymore. You have went after every thing I say. Move on we dont agree you are a catholic I am a believer. You assaociate with the caholic church and the pope and all the men you call Father. Even though you were told not to call anyman father on earth. We are different with different beliefs. Move on and stop the silly games.

Reactions: Helen