Be Kind

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Friends, if we find that we are unable to be kind and approachable, perhaps it is time to revisit the idea of self-examination and testing . . . something that very, very few Christians "do."

What was the last thing that you had tested and examined within yourself? And, how did you overcome your errors when realized that you were wrong?

As for me, I have been examining, and testing, this very idea of being kind and gentle to each other. I found that in the face of being pressured, I wasn't responding well. I found that, especially when I am being pressured, this is when I need to be even more Graceful and Understanding. For if I do not possess the same Grace and Understanding that Christ has given to me, then perhaps He never gave it to me in the first place . . . and that if a very frightening notion.

I have been focusing on change for a while, now, and have improved, but it is this public confession that will help to propel me into a further demonstration of the Life of Christ. This public confession brings remarkable accountability, and accountability that I don't dare cross and destroy.

If any of you ever find me to be mean and cruel, I ask that you would correct me, and be the model by which I might follow.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Friends, if we find that we are unable to be kind and approachable, perhaps it is time to revisit the idea of self-examination and testing . . . something that very, very few Christians "do."

What was the last thing that you had tested and examined within yourself? And, how did you overcome your errors when realized that you were wrong?

As for me, I have been examining, and testing, this very idea of being kind and gentle to each other. I found that in the face of being pressured, I wasn't responding well. I found that, especially when I am being pressured, this is when I need to be even more Graceful and Understanding. For if I do not possess the same Grace and Understanding that Christ has given to me, then perhaps He never gave it to me in the first place . . . and that if a very frightening notion.

I have been focusing on change for a while, now, and have improved, but it is this public confession that will help to propel me into a further demonstration of the Life of Christ. This public confession brings remarkable accountability, and accountability that I don't dare cross and destroy.

If any of you ever find me to be mean and cruel, I ask that you would correct me, and be the model by which I might follow.

Hi 2 Tim.

"For if I do not possess the same Grace and Understanding that Christ has given to me, then perhaps He never gave it to me in the first place . . . and that if a very frightening notion."

Thank you for being so candid on here. We are told to confess our sins to one another. Like yourself, it is when being pressured and becoming frustrated to the point of cursing and throwing things. These are things that I have begged God to help me with. I have improved, especially in the car, lol...no matter how bad another driver is to me I refuse to even look at them...now a days one can't even toot their horns to let another beware, they give dirty looks and flip the bird at you. I will just keep driving and probably saying something like "well, your welcome" in my head.
As far as self testing, I really do not think there is a test as...I seem to fail them all eventually. And, it IS THE MOST frightening thing to me as it seems God is silent on this one. Hmmm...maybe I need to take a pill. :D
As far as being kind to others, I don't have an issue there (wow, one for the girl), I'm
sensitive if mistreated unjustly and will usually brush it off but, I wont let anyone continually push me around. I've learned to speak up in areas where I think are just fine as, I don't think God want's us to be door mats. The only things that will not bother me is some talk behind my back and call me Sister Mary Nancy, that is just fine with me :)
It is so easy to be kind, even when disagreeing.
Good Post @2nd Timothy Group,
God Bless and Keep you, and welcome here.
Nancy

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi 2 Tim.

"For if I do not possess the same Grace and Understanding that Christ has given to me, then perhaps He never gave it to me in the first place . . . and that if a very frightening notion."

Thank you for being so candid on here. We are told to confess our sins to one another. Like yourself, it is when being pressured and becoming frustrated to the point of cursing and throwing things. These are things that I have begged God to help me with. I have improved, especially in the car, lol...no matter how bad another driver is to me I refuse to even look at them...now a days one can't even toot their horns to let another beware, they give dirty looks and flip the bird at you. I will just keep driving and probably saying something like "well, your welcome" in my head.
As far as self testing, I really do not think there is a test as...I seem to fail them all eventually. And, it IS THE MOST frightening thing to me as it seems God is silent on this one. Hmmm...maybe I need to take a pill. :D
As far as being kind to others, I don't have an issue there (wow, one for the girl), I'm
sensitive if mistreated unjustly and will usually brush it off but, I wont let anyone continually push me around. I've learned to speak up in areas where I think are just fine as, I don't think God want's us to be door mats. The only things that will not bother me is some talk behind my back and call me Sister Mary Nancy, that is just fine with me :)
It is so easy to be kind, even when disagreeing.
Good Post @2nd Timothy Group,
God Bless and Keep you, and welcome here.
Nancy

Nancy, what a wonderful testimony of growth! I think that you'd be surprised to find that far more than you think suffered in the exact same way as you have described. If this thread sticks around, you will help many, many people with your example. Thank you!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nancy, what a wonderful testimony of growth! I think that you'd be surprised to find that far more than you think suffered in the exact same way as you have described. If this thread sticks around, you will help many, many people with your example. Thank you!
Thank you @nd Tim.,
Yes, I suppose even without knowing or trying to encourage others, it can happen as we don't know what someone is going through, Amen. And, He is growing me even though I myself seem to fall into the same kind of trap...getting better each day :) It is nice to know that things we share can speak directly to some one else. I know I've been encouraged by many posts on here.
All in His Name!
nancy

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
"Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort; Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God." (2 Corinthians 1.4)