Be still and know that I am

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The deadness and coldness in churches today brings me to tears. We saw the great move of God in the 70's and 80's when every church we visited seemed on fire.

We too were in the move that swept through in the 60's and 70's...which I learned later was the end of the wave from the Latter Rain revival of 1945... If what we experienced in the sixties was the 'end of the wave'...what must the beginning have been in '45 and the middle in the 50's . Yay GOD!!!

For ages I felt like you @Frank Lee ...so sad at what I see today..(and, for our grandkids I am sad, they have never experienced what their parents experienced as youth, in the days of visitation)

But...Frank, we may think that maybe we were more 'spiritual' back then...but in fact..we only needed to stand to our feet in a meeting and God's hand was upon us to pray, prophesy or preach a short word.
For years I grieved "what was, and what is not".
Then one day in prayer it hit me.... It is God who has withdrawn His hand..that revival was all HIM, nothing of us...we just had to be 'keep harkening' and willing to be used and to act upon what we had heard Him direct.

God is not doing that now...He has in these last days "folded His hands" as it were. I believe He is waiting for the 'cup to be full' ( as He told the Israelites in the wilderness..." to leave ..some nation alone, and go another way, because their cup is not yet full.." )

Times and seasons are everything with God...

We can rejoice back that we were blessed to be in those anointed....
But they were days where it was all God...I'm sure is one of our young kids had stood up and spoke "Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall..." ....that the power of God would fall upon him and somehow God would bring a truth out of those words! That was what it was like for us back there in England in those days. We experienced it, we saw it, we felt it...it was wonderful...three meetings on Sunday and meetings every night of the week!!! Could not get enough.

BUT, how hard for this generation to find God and taste of His kingdom in these hard, cold, days!!
But by FAITH.
With what are called 'meetings' today...who wants three times of that on a Sunday...and open floor meetings every night!!!
I 'try' going to different 'churches' it is cold, dry and un-anointed.
Like you, I groan at what the 'Pastor' dishes up...and what is 'called' worship!! :rolleyes:
That is why I am 'out of church' ...as in gatherings..I have no stomach.

HIS time will come...
"Watchman , watchman what of the night..?"

"Though the vision tarry, wait for it..."

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We too were in the move that swept through in the 60's and 70's...which I learned later was the end of the wave from the Latter Rain revival of 1945... If what we experienced in the sixties was the 'end of the wave'...what must the beginning have been in '45 and the middle in the 50's . Yay GOD!!!

For ages I felt like you @Frank Lee ...so sad at what I see today..(and, for our grandkids I am sad, they have never experienced what their parents experienced as youth, in the days of visitation)

But...Frank, we may think that maybe we were more 'spiritual' back then...but in fact..we only needed to stand to our feet in a meeting and God's hand was upon us to pray, prophesy or preach a short word.
For years I grieved "what was, and what is not".
Then one day in prayer it hit me.... It is God who has withdrawn His hand..that revival was all HIM, nothing of us...we just had to be 'keep harkening' and willing to be used and to act upon what we had heard Him direct.

God is not doing that now...He has in these last days "folded His hands" as it were. I believe He is waiting for the 'cup to be full' ( as He told the Israelites in the wilderness..." to leave ..some nation alone, and go another way, because their cup is not yet full.." )

Times and seasons are everything with God...

We can rejoice back that we were blessed to be in those anointed....
But they were days where it was all God...I'm sure is one of our young kids had stood up and spoke "Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall..." ....that the power of God would fall upon him and somehow God would bring a truth out of those words! That was what it was like for us back there in England in those days. We experienced it, we saw it, we felt it...it was wonderful...three meetings on Sunday and meetings every night of the week!!! Could not get enough.

BUT, how hard for this generation to find God and taste of His kingdom in these hard, cold, days!!
But by FAITH.
With what are called 'meetings' today...who wants three times of that on a Sunday...and open floor meetings every night!!!
I 'try' going to different 'churches' it is cold, dry and un-anointed.
Like you, I groan at what the 'Pastor' dishes up...and what is 'called' worship!! :rolleyes:
That is why I am 'out of church' ...as in gatherings..I have no stomach.

HIS time will come...
"Watchman , watchman what of the night..?"

"Though the vision tarry, wait for it..."

Blessings in Christ Jesus! It may seem that everything is dead around us, even in the churches, and yet, not so with us, for we are alive in Him(and alive for ever more). This is the calm before the storm. And when it comes, many will be caught unaware. Jesus said, "My Father is always working", and so He is, even today. Even though we can not see it, know that this is so, for many will be dressed in white, not having their garments soiled. So be encouraged, and of good cheer,and know that these things must come to pass.

Reactions: Helen