Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
ya, ok, well, with all due respect guys like you make hell look good lol. Wherever you are, that is where i don't want to be, if you go around attacking and belittling everyone IRL too.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
bbyrd009 said:
ya, ok, well, with all due respect guys like you make hell look good lol. Wherever you are, that is where i don't want to be, if you go around attacking and belittling everyone IRL too.
Let me get this straight:
YOU post an unsubstantiated lie - I hold you accountable – and I’M the bad guy??

If you don’t want to be exposed – then don’t post falsehoods and stop blaming those who hold you accountable.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
BreadOfLife said:
Let me get this straight:
YOU post an unsubstantiated lie - I hold you accountable – and I’M the bad guy??

If you don’t want to be exposed – then don’t post falsehoods and stop blaming those who hold you accountable.
listen to yourself, man, lol...not interested in worshipping you, sorry. I am the one that said i didn't bother reading it--but it was one of your "bishops," i guess. I don't need to substantiate it, as it was just something i am already persuaded is true. Finer minds than ours have already realized that we cannot even verify if hell "currently exists" or not. You google aint broke. You seem completely convinced of things that you do not know, and cannot prove. I'm comfortable saying that i do not know, and i can read what "Hades" is for myself. If you wanna lean on a false interpretation of a Greek mythical god for your concept of punishment after you die, go ahead--but you can't do it with Scripture.

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS718US718&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=bishop+admits+hell+was+made+up&*

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
bbyrd009 said:
listen to yourself, man, lol...not interested in worshipping you, sorry. I am the one that said i didn't bother reading it--but it was one of your "bishops," i guess. I don't need to substantiate it, as it was just something i am already persuaded is true. Finer minds than ours have already realized that we cannot even verify if hell "currently exists" or not. You google aint broke. You seem completely convinced of things that you do not know, and cannot prove. I'm comfortable saying that i do not know, and i can read what "Hades" is for myself. If you wanna lean on a false interpretation of a Greek mythical god for your concept of punishment after you die, go ahead--but you can't do it with Scripture.

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS718US718&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=bishop+admits+hell+was+made+up&*
This post is not only a classic example of perpetuating ignorance - it is a flat out falsehood.

YOU made the following comment:
"There's an admission by an RCC bishop floating around about how the church invented hell--which i haven't read"

You made a claim that this "admission" exists yet you cannot provide ANY evidence.
This make what you said a LIE.

The fact that you are now saying that you believe this - even without evidence - is mind-bogglingly ignorant.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
BreadOfLife said:
This post is not only a classic example of perpetuating ignorance - it is a flat out falsehood.

YOU made the following comment:
"There's an admission by an RCC bishop floating around about how the church invented hell--which i haven't read"

You made a claim that this "admission" exists yet you cannot provide ANY evidence.
This make what you said a LIE.

The fact that you are now saying that you believe this - even without evidence - is mind-bogglingly ignorant.
the evidence is in the link, and i came to believe that you cannot prove that a hell in the afterlife even exists right now by another way, through trying to establish it with the Book, and reading arguments by theologians. God is the all consuming fire, is He not? Now, you can believe what you like, but you can also question what you were given, God is not going to zap you for trying to learn, so i grabbed the first NT ref for hell, http://biblehub.com/lexicon/matthew/23-33.htm, because there aren't any OT of course, and i invite you to dive right in, there in the Lexicon, and see for yourself.

Or there are several other spots NT, where Gehenna has been translated "hell," http://biblehub.net/search.php?q=hell, you are welcome to pick one and show me, ok.
But i doubt you will be able to even accept the challenge, as this is the opposite of being defensive--and thus rude and degrading--and you would first have to entertain that you maybe do not know. Gauging by your current behavior, i'm guessing that you're still about ten years away from this study; but i have been wrong before. Best of luck to you.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
bbyrd009 said:
the evidence is in the link, and i came to believe that you cannot prove that a hell in the afterlife even exists right now by another way, through trying to establish it with the Book, and reading arguments by theologians. God is the all consuming fire, is He not? Now, you can believe what you like, but you can also question what you were given, God is not going to zap you for trying to learn, so i grabbed the first NT ref for hell, http://biblehub.com/lexicon/matthew/23-33.htm, because there aren't any OT of course, and i invite you to dive right in, there in the Lexicon, and see for yourself.

Or there are several other spots NT, where Gehenna has been translated "hell," http://biblehub.net/search.php?q=hell, you are welcome to pick one and show me, ok.
But i doubt you will be able to even accept the challenge, as this is the opposite of being defensive--and thus rude and degrading--and you would first have to entertain that you maybe do not know. Gauging by your current behavior, i'm guessing that you're still about ten years away from this study; but i have been wrong before. Best of luck to you.
You're STILL dodging the fact that I exposed your lies.

The "RCC Bishop" you referred to as having said that the Church invented Hell is actually a retired EPISCOPALIAN Bishop, John Shelby Spong.
Spong is a liberal PROTESTANT - NOT a Catholic. Get your facts straight . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
bbyrd009 said:
oh, i get it--that he is Episcopalian is what makes me a "liar"--doesn't matter that you cannot find hell in the Bible. Ok.
No - what makes your statement a pathetic lie is that you said that he was a CATHOLIC Bishop.
I pointed out to you that he is a Protestant.

Therefore, what YOU stated is completely untrue - and I exposed you for it.
As for Hell - this has nothing to do with the topic.

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Jeremiah 1:5 "“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; applies to all of us.
I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.” applies to Jeremiah.

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
-
Seeing as how God already knew about every person who would ever live
even before creating Adam, then He already knew ahead of time the exact
number of names that would be heading for Hell.

That tells me that there is no danger of overcrowding in Hell seeing as how
Hell's population numbers won't take God by surprise. He's fully prepared to
house them all; and it's a lot too seeing as how according to Matt 7:13-14
and Matt 22:14 the majority of us are winding up there.

/

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Seeing as how God already knew about every person who would ever live
even before creating Adam, then He already knew ahead of time the exact
number of names that would be heading for Hell.
This false doctrine of John Calvin is called double predestination, a cruel psychotic god creates souls just to throw them into hell. It also means we have no free will. This false doctrine is not accepted by most Protestants, all Catholics and Orthodox.

That tells me that there is no danger of overcrowding in Hell seeing as how
Hell's population numbers won't take God by surprise. He's fully prepared to
house them all; and it's a lot too seeing as how according to Matt 7:13-14
and Matt 22:14 the majority of us are winding up there.
Ezek. 18:23-24, 32 - God takes no pleasure in the death of the wicked. Our death is our freewill, failing to respond to His grace. God does not predetermine certain people to hell. God also does not predetermine certain "elect" people to heaven. We all, as God's children, have been given the grace we need to be saved, but we can decide to reject God's grace.

2 Peter 3:9 – God is forbearing toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance. God wills all to be saved, but our salvation depends on our willingness to repent and receive God’s grace.

buddyt

May 23, 2017
oneonta al. USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why is it we have so many Chirstans who don't believe in our Pre Existing before 6,000 years ago. All I can come up with is more False Teachings or just unlearned.

We know of science and carbon dating. Different fossils found across the Earth. Carbon Dating proving the age of these fossils.

So without doubt we know the Earth is older than 6,000 years.

We were here long long before this 6,000 year date.

The book of Genesis 1:28 God said to REPLENISH the Earth. I'm sure most know the meaning of replenish.

2 Peter 3:5-7 For this they willingly are ignorant of that by the word of God the heavens WERE of OLD and the earth standing out of the water and in the water. 6 Whereby the world that THEN WAS being overflowed with water perished. 7 But the heavens and the earth witch are now by the same word are kept in store reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

Peter explains it very well.

I know some say this is the flood of Noah's time but that's not so. Read on.

Jeremiah 4:22-26 For my people is foolish they have not known me they are sottish children and they have none understanding they are wise to do evil but to do good they have no knowledge. 23 I beheld the earth and lo it was without form and void and the heavens and they had no light. 24 I beheld the mountains and lo they TREMBLED and all the HILLS MOVED LIGHTLY. 25 I beheld and lo there was NO MAN and all the BIRDS of the heavens were FLED. These verses tell us how it was when and after God shook the Heavens and the Earth. This is what moved us into the Earth age we are in now.

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why is it we have so many Chirstans who don't believe in our Pre Existing before 6,000 years ago. All I can come up with is more False Teachings or just unlearned.

We know of science and carbon dating. Different fossils found across the Earth. Carbon Dating proving the age of these fossils.

So without doubt we know the Earth is older than 6,000 years.

We were here long long before this 6,000 year date.

The book of Genesis 1:28 God said to REPLENISH the Earth. I'm sure most know the meaning of replenish.

2 Peter 3:5-7 For this they willingly are ignorant of that by the word of God the heavens WERE of OLD and the earth standing out of the water and in the water. 6 Whereby the world that THEN WAS being overflowed with water perished. 7 But the heavens and the earth witch are now by the same word are kept in store reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

Peter explains it very well.

I know some say this is the flood of Noah's time but that's not so. Read on.

Jeremiah 4:22-26 For my people is foolish they have not known me they are sottish children and they have none understanding they are wise to do evil but to do good they have no knowledge. 23 I beheld the earth and lo it was without form and void and the heavens and they had no light. 24 I beheld the mountains and lo they TREMBLED and all the HILLS MOVED LIGHTLY. 25 I beheld and lo there was NO MAN and all the BIRDS of the heavens were FLED. These verses tell us how it was when and after God shook the Heavens and the Earth. This is what moved us into the Earth age we are in now.
Lets say that the above is correct, but what it is to do about it? As it is written in the scriptures we are to search in them, for they testify of our eternal life, and it is nothing to mishandle/take lightly. But you did mentioned about:

Why is it we have so many Christians who don't believe in our Pre Existing before 6,000 years ago. All I can come up with is more False Teachings or just unlearned. But people do have so much on their mind about this and that, no wonder that there is so much to do other than, 1st. seeking the kingdom of GOD, and of his Son our Lord Jesus Christ. Matthew 6:33

Would you think that a person could have the mind of Christ to do the things for righteousness sake, Because our Lord is witnessing our every work whether it be good or bad, he is weighing the balances, to give every person according to their labor. Romans 2:6

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lets say that the above is correct, but what it is to do about it? As it is written in the scriptures we are to search in them, for they testify of our eternal life, and it is nothing to mishandle/take lightly. But you did mentioned about:

Why is it we have so many Christians who don't believe in our Pre Existing before 6,000 years ago. All I can come up with is more False Teachings or just unlearned. But people do have so much on their mind about this and that, no wonder that there is so much to do other than, 1st. seeking the kingdom of GOD, and of his Son our Lord Jesus Christ. Matthew 6:33

Would you think that a person could have the mind of Christ to do the things for righteousness sake, Because our Lord is witnessing our every work whether it be good or bad, he is weighing the balances, to give every person according to their labor. Romans 2:6
Do anyone think that there is time left to even to consider the above?

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm interested in hearing other people's thoughts on Jeremiah 1:5 when God told Jeremiah, "“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.”

Do you think this passage applies solely to Jeremiah, because of God appointing him as a prophet to the nations, or does the first part of the passage apply to us all? Did God know each of us before he formed us in our mothers' wombs? If so, what does it mean that he "knew" us? Is that because God transcends time, and knew us as we would become? Or does it mean that we existed in some way with God before (in time) our conception?

Certainly Christ, God, existed before He was formed in Mary's womb. Did we exist in some way? Or did our essence/soul/spirit come into being when we were conceived? In light of the Jeremiah passage, I roll this around in my head and come to no firm conclusion. Any other thoughts?
Time, being the illusion that it is (even scientifically)...the only before and after from God's perspective, is the cross (salvation).

Reactions: lforrest

Greg Merrill

May 24, 2017
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God wills the salvation of ALL people and that ALL come to a knowledge of the truth (1 Tim. 2:3-4).
He didn't create only "some" for Heaven and the rest for Hell.
I agree with these words, unlike a lot of Calvinists, of which I am not! Hell was created for the devil and his angels, Matthew 25:41, but those that reject Christ, and follow the rebellion (of the devil) against God will end up there also. Jesus is the Savior of all men (1 Timothy 4:10), especially of those that believe (repent, receive Him as Savior, and are born again). Not everyone is going to Heaven, Matthew 7:13-14.

Nathaniel80

Jul 20, 2007
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If hell is made up, then there is no need for salvation, for there is no sin or separation from God. If there is no dilemma then there is no need for resolution. If all of these things are empty terms (either threats or promises) then religion is pointless. "If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable." (Which in laymen's terms I interpret as: if our religion is an empty rhetoric we recite to one another to boost our confidence, how pathetic!) If "Hell" is merely a "grave," why? Sentencing death to the creation He Himself made is vain. However if by the gift, not only of freewill, but the fullness of the likeness of God, they have proven their judgments contradictory would not the fruits of their ways be manifest as corrupt and their heaven made hell?

"And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death. For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew me. Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good. Was then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful. For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin."

For God as the epitome of righteousness has loved you as Himself, and would judge you no better or worse than He would Himself or His own Son. And likewise the resurrection of Christ is not by nepotism and partiality in God's judgment, but God (The Father) in righteousness counting God (The Son) faithful, and as such the fruits of Christ's righteousness should lack no effect of that of the Father works of creation by the Word of God! Hence as Christ is the Word "that proceeded forth and came from Him," the Son following after that likeness "of necessity...have somewhat to offer!" Hence the Holy Spirit! This is the consistency of God's righteousness, the faithfulness of His judgments, and purity of the fruits of His doings unlike that of the contradiction of our own judgments and self defeating hypocrisy. This is the difference of Heaven and Hell and grace and law and the will and ways of God and that of men!

This is the ministry that wages it's war through this world, no part of it is unknown to God. And that all-encompassing knowledge that God has of each soul "even "all in whose nostrils was the breath of life," is more intimate than any relationship we have ever known. This is the fellowship we all had/have/will ever have in an eternal foreknowing God!

eldios

May 20, 2017
California
Faith
Country
United States
I'm interested in hearing other people's thoughts on Jeremiah 1:5 when God told Jeremiah, "“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.”

Do you think this passage applies solely to Jeremiah, because of God appointing him as a prophet to the nations, or does the first part of the passage apply to us all? Did God know each of us before he formed us in our mothers' wombs? If so, what does it mean that he "knew" us? Is that because God transcends time, and knew us as we would become? Or does it mean that we existed in some way with God before (in time) our conception?

Certainly Christ, God, existed before He was formed in Mary's womb. Did we exist in some way? Or did our essence/soul/spirit come into being when we were conceived? In light of the Jeremiah passage, I roll this around in my head and come to no firm conclusion. Any other thoughts?

Man and God are created from the invisible thoughts of our Creator so the Creator who created man as information long before his body was formed in the womb of a mother knew the origin of human beings. Most human beings think they were created in the womb of their mothers which is not true.