Beheading!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

whirlwind

Nov 8, 2007

Those of the "first resurrection" shall be priests of God and they are the spiritually living. The spiritually dead, referred to as "the rest of the dead," will be taught during the millennium. The second death, the death of one's soul, is something they still face. We all pray we are of the first resurrection but...do we know?

Revelation 20:5-6 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

What do the spiritually living, those that shall be priests of God and Christ, do in this flesh life? There are examples given that are for us to see and follow. The examples literally happened and will again happen but not literally...they are, I believe, to be experienced spiritually.

1 Corinthians 15:46 Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.​
.​
1 Corinthians 10:11 Now all these things happened unto them for examples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.

As Jesus was crucified we are to spiritually crucify our carnal nature. As John was beheaded we are to be beheaded but....as Jesus took the stripes literally, as John was beheaded literally....it is to us...spiritual.

Revelation 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

That answers the question of what the spiritually living do and don't do in this flesh life. It also shows why the spiritually dead are...dead. It isn't because all of them didn't love God but that they allowed themselves to be deceived. Either deceived into not believing in God, into believing another was God or deceived by the false prophets telling lies about the last days.

What of the "beheading?" Must the spiritually living be literally beheaded as John the Baptist was? Is that what Christ expects of us?

Isaiah 53:5 But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon Him; and with His stripes we are healed.

Where it is written, "I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus," I understand to be spiritual in nature. What does the beheading mean if not literal? Who is our head?

1 Corinthians 11:3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.​
.​
Ephesians 4:15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into Him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:
.​
Ephesians 5:23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and He is the Saviour of the body.

In the passage about beheading there is no mention of physical suffering, beatings, etc...of any kind. Rather it all refers to giving our life to be His servant in this life and stay true, away from the beast and it's temptations. The word beheading should also be seen in those terms.

We are the wife or bride of Christ. He is our head. We give up our old nature, our old man, our ego of being "the head," of our life. Rather we are beheaded, allowing Him to be our head in all things. We are beheaded spiritually which allows us to be "the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God." Without that step of spiritually crucifying ourselves, allowing Him to be our head, could He dwell in us, walk in us, speak through us?

Craig Farrow

Oct 3, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It may give a clue as to who is going to be doing it! Many Islamic countries still use it!

whirlwind

Nov 8, 2007
It may give a clue as to who is going to be doing it! Many Islamic countries still use it!

Hi Craig,

My point is...there will not be literal beheadings. It should be seen spiritually. Are there beheadings? Yes, there always have been but that is not what the verse is speaking of.

BibleScribe

Jun 17, 2011
S.W. USA

I agree that it's literal, and as you observe, who better to consummate "steal, kill, and destroy", except those who you identify?

(Please note: I find absolutely NO prophetic evidence which would substantiate an Islamic based one-world-government. However, it is certainly reasonable that this entity would endeavor to ~cleanse~ both Jews and Christians from the face of the earth. And I anticipate that they will most certainly exercise their efforts to that objective.)

Whirlwind said:
Hi Craig,

My point is...there will not be literal beheadings. It should be seen spiritually. Are there beheadings? Yes, there always have been but that is not what the verse is speaking of.

Hi Whirlwind,

I would most respectfully point out that this passage pertains to "death", as substantiated by verses 5 and 6. Furthermore, Revelation 13:10 and Revelation 14:12-13 calls for the "endurance of the saints".

For shall what happened to the early church not happen to the modern church? And can the church experience a "great falling away", (2 Thess. 2:3), unless there be a great persecution?

BibleScribe

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
Interesting thought, whirlwind. :)

Also, being a martyr is not only literally being killed, but being a living sacrifice. I do think it also refers to people being killed for the gospel, but it's a good thought, about us giving up our 'being the head'.

My understanding of the ressurections is that those who know Christ will be in the first ressurection, the faithful servants to glory, and the unfaithful to shame, and the second ressurection will be for the nations, the rest of the dead, some will go to eternal life, and some to the second death... But that's another story altogether! :)

whirlwind

Nov 8, 2007
Hi Whirlwind,

I would most respectfully point out that this passage pertains to "death", as substantiated by verses 5 and 6. Furthermore, Revelation 13:10 and Revelation 14:12-13 calls for the "endurance of the saints".

For shall what happened to the early church not happen to the modern church? And can the church experience a "great falling away", (2 Thess. 2:3), unless there be a great persecution?

BibleScribe

The saints endure through the end by not falling into apostasy, by not being deceived into the belief in rapture. That is the "great persecution/tribulation." Deception, great deception.

The "rest of the dead," in verses five and six refers to the spiritually dead...not literally dead.

whirlwind

Nov 8, 2007
Interesting thought, whirlwind. :)

Also, being a martyr is not only literally being killed, but being a living sacrifice. I do think it also refers to people being killed for the gospel, but it's a good thought, about us giving up our 'being the head'.

My understanding of the ressurections is that those who know Christ will be in the first ressurection, the faithful servants to glory, and the unfaithful to shame, and the second ressurection will be for the nations, the rest of the dead, some will go to eternal life, and some to the second death... But that's another story altogether! :)

Consider, my young friend, that we are already resurrected to life. We, who have His testimony, are of the first resurrection for that position must be achieved before our physical death or...it would be too late.

Colossians 1:13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of His dear Son.

An incredible realization! :)

.​

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
Yes. I would say it is both.

We are to experience now the reality that it is no longer I who live but Christ who lives in me. We are to walk in this new life now, and walk in the spirit now.

At the same time, we will, most likely, die physically, and then be physically ressurected. But always, our life must be hidden in Christ.

I like the fact you point this out; so much of today's christianity is focused on 'in the next age', and how we will be then, but it looses the living faith, which we must use to make us as he is today.

Blessings to you! :)

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Quite a few of us are going to be delivered up, and put to death, literally. Might as well prepare for it, for that's exactly the intentions of the NWO hosts who bough to the devil. If any Christian doubts this, then they need to take a close look at Agenda 21, which is the internationalist's agenda for the 21st century.

whirlwind

Nov 8, 2007

Yes. I would say it is both.

We are to experience now the reality that it is no longer I who live but Christ who lives in me. We are to walk in this new life now, and walk in the spirit now.

At the same time, we will, most likely, die physically, and then be physically ressurected. But always, our life must be hidden in Christ.

I like the fact you point this out; so much of today's christianity is focused on 'in the next age', and how we will be then, but it looses the living faith, which we must use to make us as he is today.

Blessings to you! :)

Yes, He dwells in us, walks in us....speaks through us. :D

As for dying physically...it is appointed to us all:

Hebrews 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:​

I must disagree with being "physically resurrected," if you are speaking of our flesh and blood bodies. I say this as He tells us...."for dust thou art and unto dust shalt thou return." [Gen.3:19] And....

Ecclesiastes 12:7 Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.​
.​
1 Peter 1:23-24 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever. For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away:

All flesh is dust...all flesh, whether saint or sinner...all flesh turns to dust again. So, is it our flesh and blood bodies that are raised?

1 Corinthians 15:35-37 But some man will say, How are the dead raised up? and with what body do they come? Thou fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die: And that which thou sowest, thou sowest not that body that shall be, but bare grain, it may chance of wheat, or of some other grain:​
.​
15:38-41But God giveth it a body as it hath pleased Him, and to every seed his own body. All flesh is not the same flesh: but there is one kind of flesh of men, another flesh of beasts, another of fishes, and another of birds. There are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another. There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars: for one star differeth from another star in glory.​
.​
15:42-44 So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption: It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power: It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.
.​
15:50-53 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption. Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

Our celestial, spiritual body is raised....not our flesh and blood body. All will experience this...all are changed.

Reactions: Prentis

whirlwind

Nov 8, 2007
Quite a few of us are going to be delivered up, and put to death, literally. Might as well prepare for it, for that's exactly the intentions of the NWO hosts who bough to the devil. If any Christian doubts this, then they need to take a close look at Agenda 21, which is the internationalist's agenda for the 21st century.

Hi Veteran, it is good to speak with you again. :) I took your advice and looked into Agenda 21. That rascal Obama just won't stop. :ph34r: Hopefully the country will come to it's senses and his term will soon be over.

Let his days be few; and let another take his office. [Ps. 109:8]

However, my understanding of being delivered up is....we have been delivered up, are being delivered presently and....put to death as we speak.

John 16:1-2 These things have I spoken unto you, that ye should not be offended. They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service.

Being "put out of the synagogues" or...out of church, prayer groups, family discussions, Christian forums, etc. is....being killed. Being banned on a forum is a death of sorts. You are unable to communicate with His truth. Jesus associated being offended with the killing being done. A literal death would be much more than offensive.

In that same vein we have beheadings. We are to be of one mind and that mind is the mind of Christ [1 Cor.2:16]...He is our head after we have beheaded ourselves "for the witness of Jesus."

BibleScribe

Jun 17, 2011
S.W. USA

Dear Whirlwind,

I don't think you're aware of this, -- but the Psalms are a prophecy* to the Jews for the 1900s. The concept is simple, wherein the Psalms is the 19th book of the Bible, and the Chapters are prophetic for the years, such that Book 19, Chapter 44, prophesies the 1944 Holocaust; Book 19, Chapter 48, prophesies the 1948 Nation of Israel; etc.

And so when we consider Psalms 109, we can perceive that Book 19, Chapter 109 is prophetic for the 2009 election of Obama, -- who came into office with the agenda of destroying our friends (including Israel) and kissing our enemies.

Thus what you may have quoted as somewhat tongue-in-cheek, appears to be an actual prophesy for that same individual.

* J.R. Church, Hidden Prophecies in the Psalms, Prophecy Publications, Oklahoma City, OK, 1986

Your Friend,
BibleScribe

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Hi Veteran, it is good to speak with you again. :) I took your advice and looked into Agenda 21. That rascal Obama just won't stop. :ph34r: Hopefully the country will come to it's senses and his term will soon be over.

However, my understanding of being delivered up is....we have been delivered up, are being delivered presently and....put to death as we speak.

John 16:1-2 These things have I spoken unto you, that ye should not be offended. They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service.

Being "put out of the synagogues" or...out of church, prayer groups, family discussions, Christian forums, etc. is....being killed. Being banned on a forum is a death of sorts. You are unable to communicate with His truth. Jesus associated being offended with the killing being done. A literal death would be much more than offensive.

In that same vein we have beheadings. We are to be of one mind and that mind is the mind of Christ [1 Cor.2:16]...He is our head after we have beheaded ourselves "for the witness of Jesus."

Yeah, I caught that view in your previous post, but I can't completely agree with it. Part of their agenda plan involves reducing the world population per the idea of "sustainable development". Even globalists like Bill Gates stood up in speech and said reductions could come through proper usage of vaccines, health care, etc. Enviornmentalists have convinced these people that the human race cannot survive without a reduction of the world population; that was one of the main subjects of the 1990's world summit in Rio.

This is one of main reasons chaos and hatred is being created in the world in general against Christians, and not just in pro-Muslim states. It's why HLS would put out letters to local police officials to watch out for returning U.S. Iraqi vets and right-wing Christians in our own country, which is a mark of police state activity.

THE Gypsy

Jul 27, 2011
Earth

Are you talking about the Agenda 21 relating to sustainable development or is there another one?
confused_em8_30384.gif

Craig Farrow

Oct 3, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
With the current troubles in Egypt that are befalling the Coptics is it really so hard to believe that it may well be literal?

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Never heard of a 'spiritual beheading'. Lots of literal ones though. The Mark of the Beast will be one of the greatest blessings ever. Many 'Christians' will get saved. It will cost them their heads though.

Revelation 20:4 (NKJV)
4 Then I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their witness to Jesus and for the word of God, who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received his mark on their foreheads or on their hands. And they lived and reigned with Christ for a thousand years.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not sure that I'm following all this, but I do believe that Jesus, being the Son of God, is the focal point of history, or if you've got a mathematical inclination, the point of origin on a simple scalar axis. The saints of the old testament saw Him coming to provide redemption and were saved by faith in the hope of His coming. I think that the fact that Joshua's real name was Hosea, but Moses called Him Joshua, is proof that Moses knew the name by which the Savior would be called; Joshua leading Israel across the Jordan was a type of Jesus leading the saints into salvation. The saints born of His Spirit after His resurrection, look back in time, still in the hope of a physical resurrection (with spiritual and incorruptible bodies). The old testament saints under the law were given to follow a "shadow" of the spiritual realities. Physical manifestation of the truth preceded the spiritual completion of it in the knowledge of Christ Jesus, but after His visitation and the gift of the Holy Spirit, the spiritual realities proceed the physical ones. We are resurrected spiritually, and live in the power of Christ, before we have received the fullness of His kingdom, including the physical manifestation of our spiritual bodies. There are many spiritual truths which we see and experience before there is the physical manifestation of those truths in the world. One does'nt exclude the other, it's only that the order of the experience of them has changed after His appearing. We now see spiritual reality occurring before the physical signs that confirm the word of God to those that require a sign (a wicked and perverse generation.) This might sound a little cultic, but it isn't hidden in the scripture, it's just not the concern of scripture. The Scripture is about revealing the beauty of Christ to a dying world, so that whoever desires to do the will of God can receive Him and be saved. There's no dark side to God, nor to His Christ, but He can be mispercieved and this is a long term goal of the adversary. Some cults see Satan as Christ's equal, but they attribute more power to him than he has, and they misunderstand what "all power and authority" means. I've never liked one of the traditional hymns of the reformation, attributed to Martin Luther, as it gives too much significance to the power of satan. The scripture tells us plainly to resist him and he'll run away (like a little girl). The source of Satan's power in the world is mainly just deception and that's something he's extremely good at (remember the word says "lying signs and wonders")
I'm sorry to wander off topic, but I just wanted to throw my two cents in and two cents is better than no cents (bad joke). BTW, a day or two ago, i was listening to Sid Roth's show and he was getting excited about a possible rebuilding of the temple in Jerusalem as an interfaith temple and while its seems hardly likely for Christianity, Judaism, and Islam to practice worship in the same place, the push is on to make it happen.