Being An Instrument

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Being An Instrument

God has been speaking to me about his Sovereignty.

He is saying that his will is all that matters, all that counts for anything; his not mine or ours.

He is saying that if we refuse to surrender willingly he will need to break us open and put us back together again.

He wants to use me. He wants to use my heart and mind; he wants to use my lips, my eyes, my ears; he wants to use my hands and feet and fingers for his own purposes.

In fact he wants me to be an instrument on which he can play his music. And just as a musical instrument is an inanimate thing which only comes alive at the touch of the musician, so too we are nothing of ourselves, only coming alive when the Holy Spirit touches us or blows into us.

The music we can make of our own selves is earthbound but the music that he can make as he uses us is heavenly.

Church, this is a key; this is a vital clue to releasing the Holy Spirit’s power.

But seek first his kingdom (sovereignty) and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Matthew 6:33