1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Being Different From the World

Discussion in 'Christian Spirituality Forum' started by Mayflower, Nov 20, 2021.

1. Hidden In Him

Hidden In Him Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    I'll check back tomorrow after I've had a chance to take a better look. It's really interesting. :cool:

Thanks again for posting it.

Grailhunter and Mayflower like this.
  2. Mayflower

Mayflower Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    It is honestly the specific people in the dreams I'm questioning and the dreams involving specific people. While I had thought you at first, I am questioning whether this could actually be someone generally mature in Christ and spiritual gifts. Wiggles worth was definitely mature spiritually. The lesson though is what sticks with me though. I know I am not the only one this implies too. I think you are just one of the people who wear a trench coat.

3. Hidden In Him

Faith:
    Christian
    United States

Possibly. I do think we're in different places on how much we received, but it's likely because much of that stuff back then dealt with subject matter I was far more familiar with, which might have also had something to do with it. I had a few dreams that involved you on Wednesday, btw, and they clarified for me even more what all actually went down (and why), and in the process informed me that I'm ahead of schedule compared to some others, because one of the dreams was set to a school setting where many were being taught the things of God, specifically about how to interpret dreams.

But yes, the dream could apply to many I believe, and for both groups of people.

Mayflower likes this.
  4. Hidden In Him

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Oh my... you know what I think this may be about? The catfish represents a Christian, potentially even Christian leaders like the pastor of a church, only he is preying off spiritually dead believers who are now financially underwater. He is a sinner, hence why he scolds you for using clean water to cleanse yourself because you are "going to stink anyway." As Christians we are supposed to be clothed in Christ (Colossians 3:16, Galatians 3:26-27), and he isn't clothed at all. All these are allusions to becoming cleansed spiritually from sin, but he doesn't sympathize with doing any of that because deep down he apparently doesn't believe the power of God can cleanse people anyway. And he admits to you that he "eats dead things from the bottom of the river," invests in "fish futures," and "lives off the dead." I think this is a giveaway for living off of other "fish" i.e. other Christians financially. And catfish do indeed eat other fish. Found this from one article I discovered:

But, do catfish eat other fish? Yes, they do, catfish in fact eat other, smaller fish species. They will eat those fish species which are available in their waters, including shad, perch, bluegill, drum, buffalo, small carp, and all other kinds of baitfish. Some catfish are likely to eat dead fish too.
    https://www.slo-fishing.si/fishing-for-beginners/419-do-catfish-eat-other-fish

I think the dream turns into a warning to watch out for false Christians in the times ahead, because many will be "going nowhere" financially, and dependent upon the banks to help them, likely through debt. The banks will be exceedingly wealthy, as is typified by all the gold and silver inside the bank that is reflecting the sunlight, and the golden cash register.

You might want to take a look at this thread. It contains the vision I was referring to where it is prophesied that the world economy is eventually going to "go off a cliff," and that the banks will be in position to enslave humanity as a result.

I'll include the link, but provide a below the paragraph that particularly pertains to your dream I think:

That no one ascended, but all went down to the bottom of the cliff, spoke to me that the economy of the whole world was going down. Many will survive what is coming, but not at the level they are presently. Much of our present standard of living has been built upon credit, borrowing from the future, and the future is now here... I felt that the slave ships were banks. During the Great Depression, banks were so over extended that most of them failed. Somehow, they have now positioned themselves to not only survive another economic collapse, but will actually be in a place to enslave those who are in debt to them...
    Beware Of Increasing Debt

Last edited: Nov 27, 2021
  5. Hidden In Him

Faith:
    Christian
    United States

@Mayflower. One of those dreams (the first one) was very complimentary of you, btw. If you want to know more, just send me a conversation.

Mayflower likes this.
  6. Mayflower

Mayflower Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    No. I am not pming. I kinda want too with Heart2Soul or someone, but there is too much confusion, and that is not of God.

7. quietthinker

quietthinker Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Australia
    I ask myself, am I different to the world and if I am, how am I?
    My digestive system works the same as far as I can tell, I have a heart which pumps blood and hair which turns greyer as I age and I've never managed to stop those pesky boogies which keep surfacing regularly. Whaaaaaaaaaa! I'll spare you any more information about my anatomy :)

What makes me think I'm different? Maybe some here think I'm not? .....and what is to be understood by 'the world' anyway?
    Maybe I/we can get some feedback?

Mayflower likes this.
  8. stunnedbygrace

stunnedbygrace Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    once I stopped laughing, I did notice some things…
    I guess I just notice…some aspects or…impressions.
    Merchantile means commerce related. I thought: I advise you to buy gold from me refined by fire and white garments. And the catfish asked why you wash and try to get clean and said he bets or invests in dead things.

People were muddying the water with their feet. There’s a verse I can’t fully remember there.
    A cat that looks like a man made me think of the lion of Judah and he had stripes, (by His stripes we are healed.)

I feel like the smoking cigar is…really incense…

keeping his money in the riverbank reminds me of the loincloth a man buried in the OT…

The “moving shadows” are relevant…He doesn’t cast a moving shadow.

I don’t like the catfish. He’s arrogant and bets on the futures of fish dying. Your conversation with him shows him to be mad at people wanting to wash in clean water. The cat with the stripes scares him. The cat with stripes is not in the muddy water and neither are His helpers. There is a door to get to Him but…you have to put yourself lower (humble yourself) by walking down the steps after you go through the door, to eventually get to Him.

I see more but those are the things that stick out most.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2021
  9. stunnedbygrace

stunnedbygrace Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Interesting…I think you were in the right line, the one where you didn’t have to pay. There was no cash register because that food and drink is free. I think the man in the trench coat went to the wrong line, even though you thought his plate looked good. I had a good, good feeling about the protective glass in between you and the food. You were going to eat what he gave you, not eat like a slob at his table/eat unworthily according to the lust of your eye or stomach. What a good and safe feeling the protective glass gave me.

The trench coat is…there’s something wrong about it. They are waterproof coverings, to keep water off of you…there’s something wrong spiritually with the man in the trench coat and with his gluttonous plate and he got in the wrong line and had to pay. I’m sort of…glad you couldn’t remember what he said. Black curly hair feels…like a tangle you want to get away from…it feels like…unruliness?

Last edited: Dec 11, 2021
  10. Desire Of All Nations

Desire Of All Nations Active Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    I'm sorry, but it is extremely laughable to say the U.S. is the last beacon of light to resist Satan. It has been one of the world's foremost exporters in perverse entertainment, perverse lifestyles, and perverse music for the past 7-9 decades. Why do you think the Islamic theocracies hate us? They've seen what our lack of moral restraint has given birth to. Do religious people in America seriously think something like 9/11 would've happened if we were a beacon of morality?

This is a shining example of why American Christianity is entirely driven by politics and not based on anything the Bible says. You apparently believe Christians are supposed to take the country back. But who are they supposed to take it back from? The Bible is crystal clear that the entire world is ruled by Satan. Are you stronger than Satan? You're certainly not, nor is God so weak that He can't enforce His own will on a country that is populated by 300 million human beings.

And why would you depend on voting for deceived individuals like Trump to fight on God's values anyway, considering the fact that Trump has been divorced multiple times and took many opportunities to inflame political tensions instead of calming them down? I can see why atheists find American Christianity to be problematic when so many of its adherents have absolutely no problems supporting a man that epitomizes everything the Christ condemned. It's truly a sad state of affairs when atheists have the sense to see past Trump's religious facade and his supporters don't.

Ancient likes this.
  11. Ancient

Ancient Active Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Australia

Anyone that places their hope and trust in a man, woman or political party is sadly deluded. There is only one we are to put our hope and trust in that is Yahweh the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. The God of Israel!!! Now I am not an American and I know I am about to upset some people but from an outsiders point of view hear this!!! God does not care about your constitution or your democracy, or your political parties. God is a theocracy not a democracy it is Yahweh's way or the way to the burning lake of fire.

You need to get away from man-made systems and get into God's system. Don't believe me? Well read the book of Revelation. You can either get into God's way of living or the harlot and the beasts way of living your choice. America is not a beacon of light it is one of the most sinful nations on earth. Australia is not far behind neither are most of the westernized countries and for that matter every nation on the earth and yes including Israel. We have all fallen short of Yahweh's standard.

Do you really think that when Yeshua (Jesus) returns He is going to refer to your constitution or any other countries constitutions or founding declarations? No He is going to rule and reign from Jerusalem and the Torah will be the standard by which we all live by Micah 4:2 this has not happened yet. Read your Bibles and when I say that I mean the Old Testament too.

Shalom

12. MatthewG

MatthewG Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Living in this world you will partake in work, foods, drinking drinks, and having family possibly, you will die, and you can still do activities such as sports, movies, reading books, and the like.

However the world in which (the flesh) has nothing spiritual within itself. (Unless you are a believer you do receive the Holy Spirit) but the flesh is still flesh nothing spiritual about it.

Only does the Father of all creation allow us to have the Holy Spirit by faith in the Son of God who, died, was buried and resurrected.

“Do not love this world nor the things it offers you, for when you love the world, you do not have the love of the Father in you.

When we love the world or put our flesh first, the love of the Father is not there. If you put God first and love for others, the love of the Father will be there because of the Holy Spirit within you.

For the world offers only a craving for physical pleasure, a craving for everything we see, and pride in our achievements and possessions.

This is all the world has to offer. Cravings.

These are not from the Father, but are from this world. And this world is fading away, along with everything that people crave.

Those cravings are from the flesh and not the spirit. We are dying and this world is fading away as you grow in the spirit.

But anyone who does what pleases God will live forever.

This is an interesting study in the verse above itself, in which pertains to the Will of God, believing in the Son of God, having love for God and love for others.

Dear children, the last hour is here. You have heard that the Antichrist is coming, and already many such antichrists have appeared. From this we know that the last hour has come.”

Added this for an extra side note for a person to think about what John is writing.

The last hour was there in that time where things where going the age of that time period was going to be wrapped up in the final coming of the wrath of God upon Israel in that day in age, and those who desired to be saved from that wrath needed to listen to the Apostles instructions.

‭‭1 John‬ ‭2:15-18‬ ‭NLT‬‬

As a believer you should understand that you have the Holy Spirit given by God and the kingdom of God is with-in you.

Jesus said his kingdom was not of this world, and that it is not observable.

If you are a believer your citizenship is founded in heaven. You are set apart from the worldly standard of the flesh though you still have it until the day you die.

Your new spiritual life should revolve around living in prayer, faith, seeking God, and loving God and others.

“For we died and were buried with Christ by baptism. And just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glorious power of the Father, now we also may live new lives. Since we have been united with him in his death, we will also be raised to life as he was. We know that our old sinful selves were crucified with Christ so that sin might lose its power in our lives. We are no longer slaves to sin. For when we died with Christ we were set free from the power of sin. And since we died with Christ, we know we will also live with him. We are sure of this because Christ was raised from the dead, and he will never die again. Death no longer has any power over him.”
    ‭‭Romans‬ ‭6:4-9‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Last edited: Dec 12, 2021