Belief in God is like Belief in Santa Claus

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

saintiaint

Mar 4, 2021
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
As a Christian I was highly incensed by this analogy from atheists.
To think we are just like small kids believing in a fake imaginary benevolent old man with a white beard who has cute elves and reindeer to assist him.
We Christians spend time in Bible Study, prayer, visiting Church, .......it's far more involved, more complex.
The comparison is condescending to say the least

Reactions: Wrangler

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As a Christian I was highly incensed by this analogy from atheists.
To think we are just like small kids believing in a fake imaginary benevolent old man with a white beard who has cute elves and reindeer to assist him.
We Christians spend time in Bible Study, prayer, visiting Church, .......it's far more involved, more complex.
The comparison is condescending to say the least

Santa Clause never baptized me in the Holy Spirit, LoL. Nor do I think anyone has ever felt the tangible Presence of Santa Claus, so there's that as well. But then the atheists will say it probably was Santa after all. What do they know? LoL. Santa Clause is probably the closest they will ever get to experiencing the outpouring of the Holy Spirit.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The way I see it is Santa Claus works magic,.. God works miracles. If somebody can't tell the difference between fact and fiction then it's their own fault.

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another poor argument from atheism. Santa Claus, Saint Nicholas is real. Just as God is real.

Of course, it is a myth that Santa Claus brings toys on Christmas day. That is the condescending part. Atheists cannot discern myth from reality. A big 'ol atheist myth is the Big Bang, something from nothing.

Reactions: April_Rose

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The sad truth is that Santa is somewhat equated with Jesus. Then when children find out that Santa is a lie, why should they believe in Jesus?

"He knows when you are sleeping. He knows when you're awake. He knows if you've been bad or good so be good for goodness sake."

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another poor argument from atheism. Santa Claus, Saint Nicholas is real. Just as God is real.
Of course, it is a myth that Santa Claus brings toys on Christmas day. That is the condescending part. Atheists cannot discern myth from reality. A big 'ol atheist myth is the Big Bang, something from nothing.

Yeah and they're the ones telling us that we believe in fairytales. However, I do believe that God caused the big bang though.

"He knows when you are sleeping. He knows when you're awake. He knows if you've been bad or good so be good for goodness sake."

Yeah but Santa didn't die on the cross for our sins though.