• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The study of the nature of God and religious belief.

"A theology degree", is based on religious beliefs,
traditions & theory

Theology is the systematic study of the nature of the divine and, more broadly, of religious belief. It is taught as an academic discipline, typically in universities and seminaries.[1] It occupies itself with the unique content of analyzing the supernatural, but also deals with religious epistemology, asks and seeks to answer the question of revelation. Revelation pertains to the acceptance of God, gods, or deities, as not only transcendent or above the natural world, but also willing and able to interact with the natural world and to reveal themselves to humankind.

Systematic theology, or systematics, is a discipline of Christian theology that formulates an orderly, rational, and coherent account of the doctrines of the Christian Faith.
 It addresses issues such as what the Bible teaches about certain topics or what is true about God and His universe.[1] It also builds on biblical disciplines, church history, as well as biblical and historical theology.[2] Systematic theology shares its systematic tasks with other disciplines such as constructive theology, dogmatics, ethics, apologetics, and philosophy of religion.

Christian theology is the theology of Christian belief and practice. Such study concentrates primarily upon the texts of the Old Testament and of the New Testament, as well as on Christian tradition. Christian theologians use biblical exegesis, rational analysis and argument. Theologians may undertake the study of Christian theology for a variety of reasons, such as in order to:

⚫ help them better understand Christian tenets.

⚫ make comparisons between Christianity and other traditions.

⚫ defend Christianity against objections and criticism

⚫ facilitate reforms in the Christian church.

⚫ assist in the propagation of Christianity.

⚫ draw on the resources of the Christian tradition to address some present situation or perceived need.

⚫ education in Christian philosophy, especially in Neoplatonic philosophy.

The only & best of......is the WORD!

John chapter 1 KJV
1] In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the word was God. 2] The same was in the beginning with God.
3] All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
4] In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
The study of the nature of God and religious belief.

"A theology degree", is based on religious beliefs,
traditions & theory

Theology is the systematic study of the nature of the divine and, more broadly, of religious belief. It is taught as an academic discipline, typically in universities and seminaries.[1] It occupies itself with the unique content of analyzing the supernatural, but also deals with religious epistemology, asks and seeks to answer the question of revelation. Revelation pertains to the acceptance of God, gods, or deities, as not only transcendent or above the natural world, but also willing and able to interact with the natural world and to reveal themselves to humankind.

Systematic theology, or systematics, is a discipline of Christian theology that formulates an orderly, rational, and coherent account of the doctrines of the Christian Faith.
 It addresses issues such as what the Bible teaches about certain topics or what is true about God and His universe.[1] It also builds on biblical disciplines, church history, as well as biblical and historical theology.[2] Systematic theology shares its systematic tasks with other disciplines such as constructive theology, dogmatics, ethics, apologetics, and philosophy of religion.

Christian theology is the theology of Christian belief and practice. Such study concentrates primarily upon the texts of the Old Testament and of the New Testament, as well as on Christian tradition. Christian theologians use biblical exegesis, rational analysis and argument. Theologians may undertake the study of Christian theology for a variety of reasons, such as in order to:

⚫ help them better understand Christian tenets.

⚫ make comparisons between Christianity and other traditions.

⚫ defend Christianity against objections and criticism

⚫ facilitate reforms in the Christian church.

⚫ assist in the propagation of Christianity.

⚫ draw on the resources of the Christian tradition to address some present situation or perceived need.

⚫ education in Christian philosophy, especially in Neoplatonic philosophy.

The only & best of......is the WORD!

John chapter 1 KJV
1] In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the word was God. 2] The same was in the beginning with God.
3] All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
4] In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
I think it was Chuck Missler who included Israelology as a branch of Biblical Theology.

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think it was Chuck Missler who included Israelology as a branch of Biblical Theology.
I'm not familiar with the term, Israelology.
I'm assuming it to be mans study & interpretation of the history of & up until today's Israel.

Let me ask you @Stumpmaster ,since I respect your thoughts; do you think Israel, the country, is the people God calls Israel, or Jews?

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I'm not familiar with the term, Israelology.
I'm assuming it to be mans study & interpretation of the history of & up until today's Israel.

Let me ask you @Stumpmaster ,since I respect your thoughts; do you think Israel, the country, is the people God calls Israel, or Jews?
I picked up on the term Israelology and now I like converting topics into "ologies" when I bookmark things on the web. Gardenology is an example.

I'm not well informed about the land of Israel or the politics of the present day nation of Israel, but OT Israel in history and prophecy is an ongoing interest I have. I particularly enjoy reading the Works of Josephus from time to time.

The terms Hebrew, Israelite, and Jew have become interchangeable according to some commentators I have read, and then there is the distinction between being an ethnic Jew and a spiritual one.

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I picked up on the term Israelology and now I like converting topics into "ologies" when I bookmark things on the web. Gardenology is an example.

I'm not well informed about the land of Israel or the politics of the present day nation of Israel, but OT Israel in history and prophecy is an ongoing interest I have. I particularly enjoy reading the Works of Josephus from time to time.

The terms Hebrew, Israelite, and Jew have become interchangeable according to some commentators I have read, and then there is the distinction between being an ethnic Jew and a spiritual one.
Thank you.
I too enjoy the writings of Josephus when I get to read them. It is said he was around the time if Jesus & the beginnings of the early churches.

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Thank you.
I too enjoy the writings of Josephus when I get to read them. It is said he was around the time if Jesus & the beginnings of the early churches.
Yes, he was forced to act as a sort of advisor to the Romans, and if I recall correctly was with Titus during the siege and fall of Jerusalem in 70AD.